macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

Hey guys.. Ok I've just reinstalled on my M4 SSD 256GB.

Now I have narrowed down my USB Headset issue... it's down to the DSDT disabling my usb headset works but.. my laptop fails.

Anyway to get my usb headset working?

Also, USB3 my 2 usb3 ports do not like my mac keyboard of headset the keyboard just locks up with the capslock stuck on but doesn't type obviously..

Last but not least... Speed stepping been reading a lot on this, how can I tell if it is enabled? with hwmonitor my cpu ratio and speed is jumping up and down so appears it is enabled, however, from what I have read I need to customise a .kext file although I haven't done this.

Thanks!

@ tonyp86

I have created a lite version of os x 10.7.4 with all kexts in place and permissions fixed, which means no more hiccups in installing kexts. infact i have already started uploading it, once its complete i will post the links.just download the dmg image file and restore it to a ssd or hard drive partition or even to an usb 4 gb drive. Then finally install chameleon bootloader and ur ready to go. Most probably in few hours i will finnish uploading and then i will post the Links.

Cheers

Hi mackyreddy,

I have got my system pretty right now in terms of apps installed etc, so I will just copy the kexts over ;),

I'm not sure if it matters but I am on:

Dell XPS L702x

I7 2670

Nvidia GT555M 3D

Using your smbios my computers loads at pants graphics, I haven't had chance to compare the two but I think its because you do not use graphics enabler.

Thanks

Ah u should have read the guide properly, this tutorial is meant for people having optimus support. I would suggest u to go to tonymacx86 forum and search for a thread started by starbuck steve, he has posted a tutorial for xps 17 3D

Hello Everyone,

Micro OS X 10.7.4 dmg file weighs 1.69 GB and installation consumes 2.4 GB of ur hard disk space, actually i aimed to fit the installation to a 2 GB usb drive but i couldn't succeed. Hopefully in the future releases, apple might reduce their os footprint.

Micro OS X 10.7.4:

Release Notes

I haven't touched frameworks, so the os should be stable without any dependency breaks. I have removed many apps from applications folder but their frameworks are still there, so if u want any stock apple apps, for example address book, ical, face time etc just copy them back in applications folder and they should work.

Secondly this distribution is made for our xps laptops, so just have a hassle free installation,restore the image to an USB drive or hard disk partition and install chameleon boot loader and ur ready to go.

Note:

The Files included in this image are DSDT ( XPS 17 A.12 ), SSDT's( i7 2630 QM), org.chameleon.Boot.plist ( by default bus ratio is 20, screen resolution is 1920x1080, please change it accordingly) and smbios.plist ( Macbook Pro 8.3). Please replace ur system specific files using transmac app on Windows or from Mac just restore the image and then make any necessary changes.

Features Removed:

1. Except English almost all Fonts has been removed.

2. Speech has been removed.

3. Dictionaries removed

4. Help ( voice over as well)

5. input methods other than English

6. iTunes has been removed but as i said before framework is still there so if u require iTunes just hit software update, download and install.

7. Printer & Scanners drivers and existing software has been removed but printer & scanner support is intact.

8. Screen savers, Desktop picture, User pictures and also dashboard widgets has been removed.

9. spelling has also been removed.

10. All fancy apps such as launchpad etc have been removed.

http://www.mediafire.../?76ac276wex7no

I will be looking for some feedback from u guys.

cheers

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

Micro OS X 10.7.4 dmg file weighs 1.65 GB and installation consumes 2.4 GB of ur hard disk space, actually i aimed to fit the installation to a 2 GB usb drive but i couldn't succeed. Hopefully in the future releases, apple might reduce their os footprint.

As I still want to use some aspects of the full OS (mostly the fonts and languages (yeayyy german and french typo's ^^)

Would it be possible for you to eather make such a preinstall for the whole OS (Or a folder with the things i would need to add (or a list with what to extract from iatkos)) to get some stuff back ?

My goal would be to have a preinstall restore image which I could install when I want on my SSD alongside windows...

(IS this even possible if I allready have windows ?)

Sorry for so much questions, If it's better, we can continue on PM's... (or if I take too much of your tim just cut the discussion ^^)

thanks for this, gonna try it, when my spare time allows it ;)

Greetings

Well i feel Windows 8 going to be a huge hit even after that annoying Metro ui or what ever Windows 8 UI, its way better than Windows 7 in memory resource management, its not a resource hogger, it is consuming 755 MB on a 8 GB XPS machine, where in comparison Windows 7 used to consume around 1GB after stripping down it features and tweaking to the core.

In windows just stop few services using services.msc and bam shows it power.

i Guess Mountain Lion has to climb a huge Mountain if it wants get any close to Windows 8 memory consumption.

post-197843-0-17791000-1344305364_thumb.png

Has anyone tried to install Mountain Lion on our laptops?? I made the USB stick for installing it and with my desktop it worked flawlessly, but it doesn't work on the laptop, it always shows an error message after selecting the usb stick for boot.

Has anyone tried to install Mountain Lion on our laptops?? I made the USB stick for installing it and with my desktop it worked flawlessly, but it doesn't work on the laptop, it always shows an error message after selecting the usb stick for boot.

Has anybody tried it??

Hello Everyone,

Today i actually tried the new universal kext package from Doix and installed XPS 15 DSDT with Nvidia Turned off and bam its working. No more blank screen. I will look into the DSDT, if possible i will try to port it to our XPS 17

Update:

1. Cpu temps are lower and at idle touching 42c ( I am almost at the end of winter), So temps may vary.

2. Brightness keys are working as well but at reducing the brightness completely screen goes blank but again on increasing the brightness screen comes back.

3. All USB ports are working no compatibility issues.

4. Audio, Webcam, Sleep & Wake are also working, i feel everything else is also working, no compatibility issues what so ever with this DSDT.

LX02x v1.4 package installer https://dl.dropbox.c...inLion_V1.4.zip

Hello mackyreddy,

first of all tnx for all the work you did to make OSX running on our beloved XPS !

I´ve since one week a brandnew XPS 17 as a replacement for an Vostro 3700 (sucessfully hackintoshed).

Before i received the XPS i was reading different workarounds spreaded in the net - i deceited to do it

like you did.When you posted the micro OSX earlier this days i thought this will make it a lot easier and

so it is.I restored the image to an MBR formatted HD,changed the bootplist to 1600*900*32 and because

of the 2860 CPU the busratio to 25,installed the latest chameleon and voila the XPS HackBookPro works

like a charm !

Greetings from the bellytub of the world

Hello Everyone,

Today i actually tried the new universal kext package from Doix and installed XPS 15 DSDT with Nvidia Turned off and bam its working. No more blank screen. I will look into the DSDT, if possible i will try to port it to our XPS 17

Update:

1. Cpu temps are lower and at idle touching 42c ( I am almost at the end of winter), So temps may vary.

2. Brightness keys are working as well but at reducing the brightness completely screen goes blank but again on increasing the brightness screen comes back.

3. All USB ports are working no compatibility issues.

4. Audio, Webcam, Sleep & Wake are also working, i feel everything else is also working, no compatibility issues what so ever with this DSDT.

LX02x v1.4 package installer https://dl.dropbox.c...inLion_V1.4.zip

Would really love this, as it is the one thing stopping me from getting my hands on this mess a new time ^^

Hope you will achieve it ;)

man, I would love a good DSDT for my XPS L702x but with 3D ;).

Not using one at present, as they were making my cpu idle a little to high, she idles just below 60 now.. but running two monitors.

I take it you need to be familiar with C for customising a DSDT? any hints pointers etc, ?

Hello Everyone,

Finally i am able to make a Nvidia Off XPS 17 DSDT, Thanks to Doix from L502x thread ( i have used his DSDT as reference). People who ever interested in XPS 17 Nvidia Off DSDT, give it a try and let me know how it works.

I am looking for some feedback especially whether sleep & wake works or not ? temps compared with stock XPS 17 DSDT( i mean the DSDT's which posted on 1st post) ? Overall are there any performance issues when compared to the stock XPS 17 DSDT ? Is it worth going for this DSDT ?

Update:

Attachment has been Updated with a new DSDT with restart fix.

cheers

XPS 17 Nvidia Off DSDT.zip

Store (One, LNKD) -- I know 'One' value coupled with the one below this line, breaks restart. I have no idea what LNKD stands for

Store (One, DQDA) -- 'One' value breaks restart, no idea what DQDA stands for.

Quote from another post on ProjectOSX forums.

If you have them in your off method simply change the "one" to "zero"

Hy Macky, Got everything running (for the moment ^^)

Only thing is that with the new DSDT it is impossible for me to switch brightness with fn keys...

Is the DSDT designed for A12 or A17 cause I'm on A12 at the moment and this may explain some things...

Hello Everyone,

Finally i am able to make a Nvidia Off XPS 17 DSDT, Thanks to Doix from L502x thread ( i have used his DSDT as reference). People who ever interested in XPS 17 Nvidia Off DSDT, give it a try and let me know how it works.

I am looking for some feedback especially whether sleep & wake works or not ? temps compared with stock XPS 17 DSDT( i mean the DSDT's which posted on 1st post) ? Overall are there any performance issues when compared to the stock XPS 17 DSDT ? Is it worth going for this DSDT ?

Update:

Attachment has been Updated with a new DSDT with restart fix.

cheers

Works great!

Only thing I have broken is sleep, but its A17 Bios. dont know if thats the problem or not.

Thanks for your work!

@ Deadsmile

Sorry i havent updated the kexts pack, u need to use the IOWMIFamily.kext to get Fn keys working, Thanks to doix.

@ JohnW1999

Sleep only works on A.12 Bios regardless of any DSDT, whether a full stock or stripped down DSDT.

Well i am still working on the DSDT ( as it can be optimized further) as i feel there is still some work to do, Especially the Laptop display brightness is high even at lowest setting when compared to stock DSDT, i need to change those values.

And i am also looking to patch with the new Alc 665 DSDT code available on the forums, lets see how it pans out.

In the Graphic card section of the DSDT ( GFX0) i have used the code from doix DSDT, where as with our stock Nvidia Optimus SSDT table the code is different and lengthy, simply adding the code resulting in hundereds of compilations errors as name & method declarations are different, i need to change the scope, so it may take some time.

Meanwhile u all can use the DSDT as it is stable enough.

By the way i forgot to update one more thing, that i finally managed to get intel hd 3000 working & active with QE/CI on snow leopard 10.6.7 & 10.6.8 both are working perfectly, the trick seems to be either the new DSDT with Nvida off or may be the Efi string with dual patch in org.chameleon.Boot.plist from Doix did the magic. In the past whenever intel hd 3000 was active all i used to get a freeze out with scrambled screen.

So those who are interested in retro snow leopard look & performance, go ahead and install 10.6.7 retail and use the new Nvidia off DSDT and the accompanied Extra folder with org.chameleon.Boot.plist & smbios.plist.

cheers