macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

@Itwong, did you try again after resetting the laptop? In theory it could cause problems on SSDs due to the speed the components get installed and the script action time... do you have an SSD equipped?

@Itwong, did you try again after resetting the laptop? In theory it could cause problems on SSDs due to the speed the components get installed and the script action time... do you have an SSD equipped?

Nope, I don't have SSD on my rig but I have two hdds in my XPS 17 L702x 3D. One of them is WD Scorpio Black 750GB and the other is WD Scorpio Blue 320GB. I used pacifist to unpack your installer and manually place them under /Extra. Now I managed to get everything working except sleep which never works on this laptop with Nvidia only graphics. Mine is on A17 bios. If you have time, it would be awesome if you can update you can post a updated version of AICPM.kext.10.8.1 and the ALC665 fix. I am waiting on this before I jump onto 10.8.1

Weird, i'll look into it next week. About sleep on the Nvidia, i may be able to fix that, but i need your DSDT. There is no update for 10.8.1. It's a minor update, doesn't exactly change much. What do you mean by ALC665 fix? The installer offers the kexts for ML, but you need to set in your DSDT the layout id to Unicode("X").

Weird, i'll look into it next week. About sleep on the Nvidia, i may be able to fix that, but i need your DSDT. There is no update for 10.8.1. It's a minor update, doesn't exactly change much. What do you mean by ALC665 fix? The installer offers the kexts for ML, but you need to set in your DSDT the layout id to Unicode("X").

I've also tried your EFI string fix for the dual screen and Nvidia gfx with Fn brightness control. It turns out my 555m 3gb is recognized as 540m 1gb. Also the laptop always starts with maximum brightness. This is kind of annoying. Before without brightness control, I would just have to adjust the brightness at the chameleon prompt before ML starts. Can you look into EFI string fix for the 555m users? Thank you very much.

The graphic string was made only for Optimus user and it doesn't do much except cosmetic changes and the dualscreen part is only for Intel.

Since your card is natively detected, just use GraphicsEnabler=Yes it should suffice. Maybe this will enable Dual Screens, if not you may have to hardcode in the DSDT/EFI String the display you plan on using.

Shouldn't the FN keys for brightness work natively on 3D screen users? The DSDT provided in my patch and the one from Macky is modified for Intel HD purpose, it's bypassing the normal routines used by the nvidia card... i'll try to look into that as well next week, right now i'm knackered by the workload i've just received.

Hey just wanted to say thanks for this great guide and the files provided. Worked perfectly for me.

I bought an internal wifi mini pcie card to get over the lack of wi-fi. Only thing I miss from Windows is the sound quality due to the "Dell audio" panel tweaks.

Thanks again :)

hi guys

anyone can help to me installaiton iAtkos L2

i have l702x non 3d

gt550m 6gb ram 500 gb 7200 rpm hdd

i5-2520m cpu 1600x900

A17 bios

my problem is when i try to boot dvd the screen frozen and doestn respond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXR3Egkrze4&feature=player_embedded

nad i tried to solved method who recod the video on up.İt doesnt work for me

and i try to install on usb but every time i get error on usb.İ am using vm cause i dont have mac for creating usb.When i tried to install on usb i get error."operaing system not found".İ tried to replacment smbios and other text.BUt i cant get success

Anyone can help me for make a totally good working hackintosh

edit:now i update to bios A18

• 3 weeks later...

HI there,

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone for this thread, I am typing this from Lion right now on my L702x!

I used the 10.7.4 Micro install, which worked perfectly!! THANK YOU!!!

My spec is: 2870QM, GT555M 1920x1080 (Non 3D), 8GB, Intel WIFI/Bluetooth.

Just a few questions if that's OK:

1. My main issue at the moment is sleep. Lion goes to sleep if I leave it for a buit and it won't resume. (Black screen). Is there a solution or can I disable sleep on Lion?

2. I got myself a Dell Truemobile Wifi card some years back when I installed Snow Leopard on my XPS m1530, do you know if this will work on Lion on the L702x?

3. Spelling in Safari is not working, this whole text is underlined in red! I know it was mentioned that it was removed, but could someone point me to how I can reinstall it?

4. As on 3, screensavers have been removed, how can I get them back?

Thanks again, this was so much more straight forward than when I did this some years back!

Tony

may be in a week's time i will release a 10.7.5 ( seems to be like a bad upgrade as it breaks many things, anyway lets see how it performs on our l702x) as well as 10.8.2 pre-installed image ( not micro),so u have all features. If u want the features back either install a full iatkos l2 or 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 retail dvd using the guide posted on first post.

may be in a week's time i will release a 10.7.5 as well as 10.8.2 pre-installed image ( not micro),so u have all features. If u want the features back either install a full iatkos l2 or 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 retail dvd using the guide posted on first post.

A new guide about how to install Mountain Lion would be very very useful. :wink2:

There aren't any differences between lion & ML. using the first post guide u can either install lion or ml based on ur interest.

Thing with lion is we have modified hackintosh freindly installation package from iatkos ( example iatkos l2 ). With mountain lion its a retail package made for apple system, so firstly u need to make hackintosh freindly usb image at the same also need to place XPS system specific files to make it XPS friendly as well.

Well there are many guides online how to make an usb image from 10.8 retail mac app store dmg. First make that, then place our XPS system specific files such as DSDT, SSDT, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbios.plist attached in the first post and then go to System/library/Extensions delete all unnecessary kexts detailed in the first post at the same time dont forget delete kernel cache then install the kexts attached in the first post using kextutility.app and finally install chameleon and ur good to go.

Instead of 10.7.4 applentelcpupowermanagement.kext, install 10.8 applentelcpupowermanagement.kext from doix package or if u want to install manually i will attach it. But for me mountain lion ( even 10.8.2) has rough edges and feels slow when compared to 10.7.4 on my xps, thats the reason why i am waiting for serious upgrade, i will be waiting till 10.8.3 or 4

firstly u need to make hackintosh freindly usb image at the same also need to place XPS system specific files to make it XPS friendly as well.

Yes, I was trying to make an usb image adapted to our XPS, but I'm stuck at this screen:

post-678482-0-60027000-1349092129_thumb.jpg

After it, the system reboots.

Hi,

Does anyone know if a Dell DW1390 Wireless card will work in my L702x for OSX? I got it for my M1530 XPS some years back for WIFI on Snow Leopard.

Also, what do I need to copy from a full OSX install to get the dictionary working in Safari and stop underlining all words red?

Thanks for your help

Tony

Hello Everyone,

What do u guys prefer 10.8.2 Bootable USB installation image but after successful installation u need to perform all those things again deleting unnecessary kexts and placing DSDT so on or Pre installed image for XPS just dump the image to usb or hard drive partition and install chameleon.

But still u guys need to replace ur XPS system specific DSDT, SSDT and org.chameleon.Boot.plist, no need to change smbios.plist as it s common for all XPS 17.

Just let me know which one do u guys prefer ? i will make one and upload.

• Like 1

@ anth0ny

ok then i will create a 10.8.2 Pre installed image ( Not Micro, So all features Intact). But after dumping the image to a usb or hard disk partiton just replace ur XPS System specific DSDT, SSDT and org.chameleon.Boot.plist. As i will be placing A.12 DSDT, i7 2630QM SSDT's and org.chameleon.Boot.plist with 1920x1080 resolution and busratio=20, u need to change these things accordingly.

I will release it in couple of days as i am currently busy in stripping down Windows 8, hopefully before Friday night, have fun.

cheers

• Like 2

Thank you, that's great. I have 2670 and A17, so I just replaced the DSDT and SSDTs last time and it all seems to have worked great!

Going to try getting this WIFI card installed, but it looks like you have to take the top of the laptop apart which is slightly scary!