• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Has anyone tried to install Mountain Lion on our laptops?? I made the USB stick for installing it and with my desktop it worked flawlessly, but it doesn't work on the laptop, it always shows an error message after selecting the usb stick for boot.

Has anybody tried it??

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:Building Operating Systems from scratch
Hello Everyone,

Today i actually tried the new universal kext package from Doix and installed XPS 15 DSDT with Nvidia Turned off and bam its working. No more blank screen. I will look into the DSDT, if possible i will try to port it to our XPS 17

Update:

1. Cpu temps are lower and at idle touching 42c ( I am almost at the end of winter), So temps may vary.

2. Brightness keys are working as well but at reducing the brightness completely screen goes blank but again on increasing the brightness screen comes back.

3. All USB ports are working no compatibility issues.

4. Audio, Webcam, Sleep & Wake are also working, i feel everything else is also working, no compatibility issues what so ever with this DSDT.

LX02x v1.4 package installer https://dl.dropbox.c...inLion_V1.4.zip

ilhaverde500

ilhaverde500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello mackyreddy,

first of all tnx for all the work you did to make OSX running on our beloved XPS !
I´ve since one week a brandnew XPS 17 as a replacement for an Vostro 3700 (sucessfully hackintoshed).
Before i received the XPS i was reading different workarounds spreaded in the net - i deceited to do it
like you did.When you posted the micro OSX earlier this days i thought this will make it a lot easier and
so it is.I restored the image to an MBR formatted HD,changed the bootplist to 1600*900*32 and because
of the 2860 CPU the busratio to 25,installed the latest chameleon and voila the XPS HackBookPro works
like a charm !
Greetings from the bellytub of the world

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
@ ilhaverde500

welcome to the world of hackintosh. :) Have fun.

cheers

deadsmile

deadsmile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hello Everyone,

Today i actually tried the new universal kext package from Doix and installed XPS 15 DSDT with Nvidia Turned off and bam its working. No more blank screen. I will look into the DSDT, if possible i will try to port it to our XPS 17

Update:

1. Cpu temps are lower and at idle touching 42c ( I am almost at the end of winter), So temps may vary.

2. Brightness keys are working as well but at reducing the brightness completely screen goes blank but again on increasing the brightness screen comes back.

3. All USB ports are working no compatibility issues.

4. Audio, Webcam, Sleep & Wake are also working, i feel everything else is also working, no compatibility issues what so ever with this DSDT.

LX02x v1.4 package installer https://dl.dropbox.c...inLion_V1.4.zip

Would really love this, as it is the one thing stopping me from getting my hands on this mess a new time ^^
Hope you will achieve it ;)

tonyp86

tonyp86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
man, I would love a good DSDT for my XPS L702x but with 3D ;).

Not using one at present, as they were making my cpu idle a little to high, she idles just below 60 now.. but running two monitors.

I take it you need to be familiar with C for customising a DSDT? any hints pointers etc, ?

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello Everyone,

Finally i am able to make a Nvidia Off XPS 17 DSDT, Thanks to Doix from L502x thread ( i have used his DSDT as reference). People who ever interested in XPS 17 Nvidia Off DSDT, give it a try and let me know how it works.

I am looking for some feedback especially whether sleep & wake works or not ? temps compared with stock XPS 17 DSDT( i mean the DSDT's which posted on 1st post) ? Overall are there any performance issues when compared to the stock XPS 17 DSDT ? Is it worth going for this DSDT ?

Update:

Attachment has been Updated with a new DSDT with restart fix.

cheers

Attached Files

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Interests:Photography, design, beer.
Macky, restart works fine? On the L502x deactivating the NGPU breaks restart, i had to modify a bite in the DSDT to fix this.

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
restart works sometimes and sometimes it just shutdowns.

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,132 posts

Store (One, LNKD) -- I know 'One' value coupled with the one below this line, breaks restart. I have no idea what LNKD stands for
Store (One, DQDA) -- 'One' value breaks restart, no idea what DQDA stands for.

Quote from another post on ProjectOSX forums.

If you have them in your off method simply change the "one" to "zero"

deadsmile

deadsmile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hy Macky, Got everything running (for the moment ^^)
Only thing is that with the new DSDT it is impossible for me to switch brightness with fn keys...
Is the DSDT designed for A12 or A17 cause I'm on A12 at the moment and this may explain some things...

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
The DSDT requires a kext for the FN keys to work (thats if macky corrected the fn keys as well). Attached File  IOWMIFamily.kext.zip   82.25KB   38 downloads

JohnnyD

JohnnyD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Computers

Hello Everyone,

Finally i am able to make a Nvidia Off XPS 17 DSDT, Thanks to Doix from L502x thread ( i have used his DSDT as reference). People who ever interested in XPS 17 Nvidia Off DSDT, give it a try and let me know how it works.

I am looking for some feedback especially whether sleep & wake works or not ? temps compared with stock XPS 17 DSDT( i mean the DSDT's which posted on 1st post) ? Overall are there any performance issues when compared to the stock XPS 17 DSDT ? Is it worth going for this DSDT ?

Update:

Attachment has been Updated with a new DSDT with restart fix.

cheers

Works great!

Only thing I have broken is sleep, but its A17 Bios. dont know if thats the problem or not.

Thanks for your work!

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
@ Deadsmile

Sorry i havent updated the kexts pack, u need to use the IOWMIFamily.kext to get Fn keys working, Thanks to doix.

@ JohnW1999

Sleep only works on A.12 Bios regardless of any DSDT, whether a full stock or stripped down DSDT.

Well i am still working on the DSDT ( as it can be optimized further) as i feel there is still some work to do, Especially the Laptop display brightness is high even at lowest setting when compared to stock DSDT, i need to change those values.

And i am also looking to patch with the new Alc 665 DSDT code available on the forums, lets see how it pans out.

In the Graphic card section of the DSDT ( GFX0) i have used the code from doix DSDT, where as with our stock Nvidia Optimus SSDT table the code is different and lengthy, simply adding the code resulting in hundereds of compilations errors as name & method declarations are different, i need to change the scope, so it may take some time.

Meanwhile u all can use the DSDT as it is stable enough.

By the way i forgot to update one more thing, that i finally managed to get intel hd 3000 working & active with QE/CI on snow leopard 10.6.7 & 10.6.8 both are working perfectly, the trick seems to be either the new DSDT with Nvida off or may be the Efi string with dual patch in org.chameleon.Boot.plist from Doix did the magic. In the past whenever intel hd 3000 was active all i used to get a freeze out with scrambled screen.

So those who are interested in retro snow leopard look & performance, go ahead and install 10.6.7 retail and use the new Nvidia off DSDT and the accompanied Extra folder with org.chameleon.Boot.plist & smbios.plist.

cheers

JohnnyD

JohnnyD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
@mackyreddy
OK, thanks a lot for the quick reply. If I understand right, I cant use A.12 with the 2670QM can I? Id like to be able to use sleep if I can.

Thanks

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
A.18 Bios has been released, Especially folks with i7 2670QM install it on Windows 7 or 8 and let me know whether Sleep on hackintosh is fixed or not. As i dont want to experiment, as i am on A.12 with sleep support, if u guys get sleep working, then only i will update. so please let me know whether it works or not.

After updating to A.18 please post vanilla or un-modified A.18 DSDT.dsl or aml, U can extract it from Windows using DSDT Editor for linux winows mac http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1292

cheers

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
@Macky, did the DSDT even change across bios versions? In my L502x case it remained exactly the same.

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
@ Doix

haven't found any differences between A.12, A.16 & A.17.

Regarding A.18 haven't tried it yet.

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
Thought so, even on my old desktop i rarely came across DSDT differences between bios version.. they usually appear if the mobo bios is still being developed like v1/v2 etc, afterwards nothing.

JohnnyD

JohnnyD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hey guys, I've been working on trying to get rid of Artifacts with the Intel 3000 HD GPU. After trying various so-called solutions(Updating FakeSMC, removing FakeSMC plugins and so on) I finally I found a solution that I least suspected.

To fix this you can do one of two things:

1. This is the solution I used, install Fan Control 1.2. Doesn't really do much as far as actually controlling our fans but it eliminates the artifacts 100%

Here is a link to that: http://www.macupdate...137/fan-control

It installs a Fan Control Daemon and Fan Control PrefPane.

2. This is one I haven't personally tried but has been reported as working as well, SMCPing Daemon

What you do is extract this Zip file and place it in /Library/StartupItems, reboot and thats it.

here is that link: http://www.box.com/s...31758d08f50ce05

@Mackyreddy & Doix: Might want to add this to your packs so people can get the solution in an all in one package. Thanks!

Just had to share this as artifacts were driving me crazy and prevented me from using OS X Lion as my main OS. Now if some genius would just make something equivalent to Bumble Bee on linux for OS X, we'd have one fine HackBook Pro!

Take care all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy