297 replies to this topic

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

i want install on this laptop can you help me

But this thread is for this particular Gigabyte motherboard. Did you try searching other threads that resemble your machine specs?

gmacman

gmacman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hey guys, I'm back. Been running SL but finally decided to update to Lion and was soooooooo thankful to see Eliade had written a guide for Lion.

Anyway, everything worked perfectly until I just updated to 10.7.1 and then I lost sound (everything else is fine).

Any suggestions? Do you think I just need to redo the sudo commands for the xml files and the ALC885_889a.kext?

Cheers,

Steve

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Anyway, everything worked perfectly until I just updated to 10.7.1 and then I lost sound (everything else is fine).

I posted a fix for this (ALC889a) a few posts previous to this one, SEE HERE!

gmacman

gmacman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I posted a fix for this (ALC889a) a few posts previous to this one, SEE HERE!

So I just want to verify the steps involved on your fix.

Currently I have an AppleHDA from Eliade that is in E/E, so the fix you suggest is to get the AppleHDA (from here) and replace the one in S/L/E with it and then go back to the last working LegacyHDA from my SL drive and install it in E/E. I suspect I must also then delete the current AppleHDA from Eliade that is in E/E.

Is this correct?

Thrace

Thrace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi, Eliade! Thank you for the easy to follow guide. I'm only having one problem. My nVidia gtx260 is absolutely NOT being recognized. At all. Says I have 5mb of VRAM and only gives me a resolution of 1280x1024.

Everything else is working flawlessly. Any ideas? Thank you!

EDIT: It's working now with NVEnabler!

Thrace

Thrace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Actually, one other question. Is it safe to upgrade to 10.7.1 on this mobo? I have everything working in 10.7.0 and I'm nervous about upgrading. lol.

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
You should be fine, only thing that might need fixing after the update is the sound. (Just copy over the modified AppleHDA again).

Dinosaurus

Dinosaurus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thank you for the terrific guide and files! Incredibly easy install.

I'm still working on getting audio to work but I got my EVGA 9500 GTA 512MB to be accelerated by putting the NVEnabler_64.kext for Snow Leopard in the Extra folder. I found the Kext here:

http://www.kexts.com..._nvenabler.html

Attached Files

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

So I just want to verify the steps involved on your fix.

Currently I have an AppleHDA from Eliade that is in E/E, so the fix you suggest is to get the AppleHDA (from here) and replace the one in S/L/E with it and then go back to the last working LegacyHDA from my SL drive and install it in E/E. I suspect I must also then delete the current AppleHDA from Eliade that is in E/E.

Is this correct?

Yes remove that AppleHDA in E/E and if you have a patched or modified one in S/L/E remove that too. Install this new one in S/L/E and install the LegacyHDA that worked for you in SL in E/E. Repair everything, cross your fingers and reboot. Works for me perfectly on a GA-EP45C-UD3R motherboard (we share the same ALC889a sound as the one for this topic.)

gmacman

gmacman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Yes remove that AppleHDA in E/E and if you have a patched or modified one in S/L/E remove that too. Install this new one in S/L/E and install the LegacyHDA that worked for you in SL in E/E. Repair everything, cross your fingers and reboot. Works for me perfectly on a GA-EP45C-UD3R motherboard (we share the same ALC889a sound as the one for this topic.)

bigpoppa206 thanks so much.

These added sound features (pardon the pun) sound cool, so I'll need to give this a try.

I actually just went ahead while waiting for your reply and just reinstalled the sound commands from Eliade's original (the replacing the xml files thing) and that got my sound back.

However, those of course do not provide the improved sound options you touted, so as mentioned I'll give those a try this weekend and see if they work.

But for those who just want basic sound back after the 10.7.1, you can just follow the exact same directions you have for the original install of 10.7.

Cheers,

Steve

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

bigpoppa206 thanks so much.

But for those who just want basic sound back after the 10.7.1, you can just follow the exact same directions you have for the original install of 10.7.

Except on my particular board, I ONLY had speaker output from the green port in the back and nothing else was working. My method listed above works for 10.7 and 10.7.1.

laurent zarkoff

laurent zarkoff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

First of all, sorry for my english...

Many Thanks for this great guide !

I've a kernel panic, the reboot after the installation:

"No HPETS available... CPU configured incorrectly"

It seems, I have a problem with CMOS/BIOS... because when I go back in it, it was not what I saved:
SATA RAID/AHCI Mode ---> IDE
- Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode ---> IDE
- keyboard USB Support ---> Disabled (or keyboard may not work in chameleon screen)
- HPET ---> 32bit

I don't have this problem with windows 7, so it's really relative to Lion.

I saw this guide was supposed to solve this issue : "Reboot & Shutdown (without cmos reset)"

But not seems to work for me:

my Config:
GIGABYTE EP45-UD3 (so not Raid)
Intel P45 (Eaglelake-P) + ICH10 Consumer
Bios Version F8
4096 MB DDR2-SDRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Sapphire RADEON HD 5770

Any idea on how to fix that ?

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
I'd start with updating the BIOS, just to make sure that's not an issue.

laurent zarkoff

laurent zarkoff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'd start with updating the BIOS, just to make sure that's not an issue.

Yes, it solved my problem, many thanks...
Now I'm trying to fix sound... without any success.
And that's strange, despite what I read about PCI card Wifi WMP54GS, Lion didn't recognize it. Unfortunatly my computer is too far from my ethernet box...

Korni22

Korni22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hello Guys!

Is someone here using the F12 Bios AND able to put the machine in sleep and wake properly?
Is S3 the right state, or am I supposed to use S1?

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Hello Guys!

Is someone here using the F12 Bios AND able to put the machine in sleep and wake properly?
Is S3 the right state, or am I supposed to use S1?

Check and check. I'm on F12, and manual sleep (S3) works fine.

Korni22

Korni22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Is your board rev 1.0 or 1.1?

Could you post your DSDT and you set of Kexts? :) (Mac OS 10.7.1?)

zanark

zanark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the guide, it worked perfectly on a Gigabyte EP35-DS4, audio tweak was required after installing.

itsmiguel

itsmiguel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Edit: Nevermind, it turns out my Motherboard has a defect.

I can't get sound to work, I followed the instructions from Sound_and_Bonjour.zip and tried everything mentioned in these posts, nothing works.
System Prefs let's me choose the output device, and I tried every Line Out on the Motherboard, but no sound comes out of the speakers...
Does anybody have this same setup? Could you please post your DSDT.aml and the kexts from /E and /S/L/E that got it working for you?

EP45-UD3R rev 1.1 F12 - Audio ID 885 in System Profile. New installation using the Minimum Extra folder.

jimbobuk

jimbobuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I've just been stepping through this guide this evening and have pretty much succeeded to get into Lion ok.

My graphics card (Geforce 9400GT) didn't work properly out of the box, but the NVEnabler mentioned in here worked.

My sound just wouldn't work at all, so I followed the advice of bigpoppa206 and thankfully this worked after using my old Snow leopard ext with the new AppleHDA, removing all the hacks initially mentioned in the first post.

Next I just couldn't get OSX to auto boot, always needing to press enter in Chameleon. A bit of reading and it seems that boot.plist is no longer the one to use rather you should use this one

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

instead.. I copied my boot.plist into that file and finally the timeout started to work. I think this should be updated or mentioned in the first post!?

All i have left now is that wake on lan just doesn't work, from sleep or from shutdown. The same hardware used to work with WOL in Leopard, but got broke in Snow Leopard, and remains broke in Lion. I'd love to hear any suggestions on improving this.

Also for me, waking from sleep is a little flacky, after waking my bluetooth trackpad just refuses to work.

All in all though, this guide got my 95% of the way there, so thanks so much!!!

Oh, and I didn't have to enable the network, nor install bonjour, so i assume this was already setup in the files i used. Perhaps the first post could be updated if the files have changed significantly since it was written?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy