[Guide] Lion on GA-EP45-UD3R - very close to perfection

Squirrelf

304 posts in this topic

thanks for the link SkyBoy

had the same error, this boot file is the one

I repost the boot file here

TO UPDATE TO 10.7.2

1/

before the update, replace your boot file with the following one (root of your hard drive, may possibly be invisible you can still just drag it over, it will ask you for permition)

boot_for_10.7.2_and_icloud.zip

2/

do a simple software update (this will kill your sound after restart, so have appleHDA ready, also found in the pack) to get up to 10.7.2

3/

and just replace the applehda (with the one from the pack, same file since 10.7.0)

run kextutiliy and reboot

voila, enjoy iCloud with iOS5

Can be a bit weird with duplicate data at first, but once in place it works like wonders, i use the calendar all the time, and having it synced between my hack/ipad/ipod is so much more efficient

to avoid duplicates, before you activate icloud:

if you use the calendar/contacts, I recommend doing a last sync between your ipod/ipad/iphone with your mac, so that your mac is up to date, then disable calendar/contact sync in itunes (it will ask you if you want to delete all the contact/calendar data from portable device, say yes, just be sure your mac has it all, when you activate icould it it will get the proper calendar/contact from your mac through icloud, without duplicates),

thanks for the link SkyBoy

had the same error, this boot file is the one

I repost the boot file here

TO UPDATE TO 10.7.2

1/

before the update, replace your boot file with the following one (root of your hard drive, may possibly be invisible you can still just drag it over, it will ask you for permition)

boot_for_10.7.2_and_icloud.zip

2/

do a simple software update (this will kill your sound after restart, so have appleHDA ready, also found in the pack) to get up to 10.7.2

3/

and just replace the applehda (with the one from the pack, same file since 10.7.0)

run kextutiliy and reboot

voila, enjoy iCloud with iOS5

Can be a bit weird with duplicate data at first, but once in place it works like wonders, i use the calendar all the time, and having it synced between my hack/ipad/ipod is so much more efficient

to avoid duplicates, before you activate icloud:

if you use the calendar/contacts, I recommend doing a last sync between your ipod/ipad/iphone with your mac, so that your mac is up to date, then disable calendar/contact sync in itunes (it will ask you if you want to delete all the contact/calendar data from portable device, say yes, just be sure your mac has it all, when you activate icould it it will get the proper calendar/contact from your mac through icloud, without duplicates),

This worked for me, but I'm getting a message that my boot.plist is now deprecated.

Updated using Combo Updater for 10.7.2. Panics first listed NVDANV50 and now it lists the following...can anyone help?

dsc01342q.jpg

UPDATE (taken from another thread) - Great news for those who is having the issue with the ApplePolicyControl.kext. I've worked around this problem for whole day and i finally have a cure for it. But first thing is that you need another working OSX (10.6 or 10.7) on another disk. If you have one, boot into it, run the 10.7.2 combo upd, change destination to osx Lion disk that you want to update, wait for it's done.

After that go to the S/L/E on osx Lion disk, find AppleGraphicsControl.kext drag it to the desktop. On the desktop, right

click on AGC.kext show package contents, go to Plugin and delete the ApplePolicyControl.kext. Drag Drop it back to S/L/E, repair permission and boot back to yours Lion. And now you can enjoy iCloud.

STILL HAVING QE problems and slow graphics.

i used this method to install Lion, and when updated to 10.7.2 i have gray screen and spinning wheel at boot. I replaced boot file on the thumb drive and reinstalled Lion again, updated to 10.7.2, it only boots up if i boot from the thumb drive, if i boot from HDD it hangs again, where did i go wrong?

i used this method to install Lion, and when updated to 10.7.2 i have gray screen and spinning wheel at boot. I replaced boot file on the thumb drive and reinstalled Lion again, updated to 10.7.2, it only boots up if i boot from the thumb drive, if i boot from HDD it hangs again, where did i go wrong?

As you weren't very specific about which method it was you used, I'll explain what I did because it worked for me.

1. download 10.7.2 combo updater from Apple
  2. download Chameleon Wizard, and then install latest version of Chameleon (v1618 was the one I used.)
  3. download boot_for_10.7.2_and_icloud.zip and copy the boot file into your HD's root directory (the one with Users, Extras, Applications, System, etc.)
  4. open Terminal and issue this command "sudo chmod 755 /boot"
  5. then this one "sudo chown root:wheel /boot"
  6. next, either dl & open KextWizard; repair permissions and rebuild caches (or search for the Terminal commands to do so)
  7. then copy AppleHDA.kext (assuming you have audio working) and anything else that you've added to S/L/E to desktop for post-installation
  8. Finally, apply 10.7.2 update, reboot, pray to <DEITY HERE>

... and hopefully voi la!

alternatively, you could enter verbose mode (down arrow key when it shows the HD on GUI boot) and jot down the offending kext.

running 10.7.2 very nicely on ud3l/e8400

Yep,

Easy updating to 10.7.2, as long as you have a Chameleon that's new enough. Using r1627VS myself at the moment, and both iCloud and FaceTime work fine.

Only thing I had to "fix" was AppleHDA, and did that after the update had completed, but before restart - this way I only needed to restart once.

Great.

I followed the steps about updating to 10.7.2 mentiont above,but after the system reboots i cot a kp, after that i try to reboot my system, but is stuck in the loader animation.

When in boot with -v -f i wont go any further than this...

post-495665-1318802229_thumb.jpg

Does somebody have a clou how to fix this??

Thanks!

I followed the steps about updating to 10.7.2 mentiont above,but after the system reboots i cot a kp, after that i try to reboot my system, but is stuck in the loader animation.

When in boot with -v -f i wont go any further than this...

post-495665-1318802229_thumb.jpg

Does somebody have a clou how to fix this??

Thanks!

What version of Chameleon and what kexts do you have installed? One of these variables are usually the problem.

Very frustrated, I have a perfectly working OS 10.7.1 on my EP45-UD3R with Radeon 4890HD, when I upgrade to 10.7.2 it will not boot, I am using Eliade’s guid and components, Altho I have upgraded Chameleon to v1618 and changed the root boot file with the new one posted. I have used Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild cache in S/L/E, here is a picture of what I am getting... Any help please?

post-823012-1318985434_thumb.jpg

Very frustrated, I have a perfectly working OS 10.7.1 on my EP45-UD3R with Radeon 4890HD, when I upgrade to 10.7.2 it will not boot, I am using Eliade’s guid and components, Altho I have upgraded Chameleon to v1618 and changed the root boot file with the new one posted. I have used Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild cache in S/L/E, here is a picture of what I am getting... Any help please?

post-823012-1318985434_thumb.jpg

Is it hanging right there? Are you sure your video drivers are working correctly? Also had a perfect machine before this and had to use an enabler for my video card in 10.7.2.

Thank you, I updated the video and boom booted right up! Thank you so much!

Is it hanging right there? Are you sure your video drivers are working correctly? Also had a perfect machine before this and had to use an enabler for my video card in 10.7.2.

Hm, anyone else here noticed some audio problems in 10.7.2? After the update my sound still worked fine, with the exception of my front headphone jack, which worked earlier. After some fiddling around, namely re-installing and patching the kexts, I now have it back. The only problem is that the "auto switch" from headphones to speakers and vice versa is gone.

Any thoughts about this?

Hi guys

Just tried yet another install. My sound is working fine, but i'm getting these warnings. Should I care?

Oct 20 07:08:50 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.
Oct 20 07:08:50 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Oct 20 07:08:50 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Oct 20 07:08:50 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdc00800e).
Oct 20 07:08:50 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleHDAController"
Oct 20 07:08:50 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController might not load - kextd is currently unavailable.

simply a suggestion..if can help someone. I used dvd IATKOS L1 to install lion 10.7.1. My ga-ep45-ds4 have a famous and epic "brazilian" bios, you can find it also for ga-ep45-ud3r !Using that bios you don't need a dsdt, not smbios ( but if you want.. you can use easy an smbios macpro 3.1). My extra folder contain , infact, just : fakesmc, kext audio (lion ready), kext ahci-intel-sata and , obviously, the com.apple.boot.plist. Everything work OOTB : ethernet (ethernet work better using realtek drivers), firewire, usb, native speedstep, all sensor ( cpu, gpu, northbridge using fakesmc plugins and a software like "istat menus"), native sleep, native reboot etc. Everything works the same fine also on Lion. Using that bios and iatkos L1..you can update across software update...exactly as you where on a lion retail. As you surely know ...Iatkos L1 is not simply a patched distributios, but it's is like a retail dvd simply because original lion was't born like a native bootable OS , so it's very useful to have a dvd bootable ready like snow leopard dvd retail ...and furthermore iatkos L1 have NO bugs like the old distributions . For those have that brazilian bios ..in the iatkos L1 list can be selected just this options:

fakesmc, chimera bootloader ( to fix facetime running @ 64 bit), intel sata kext, audio kext , smbios 3.1 (if you want it)... then NO FURTHER OPTIONS. I selected also pciroot fix ..but i think it's even complete unnecessary. if you reflect on it.... all those kexts and fix you can find and use also separately from iatkos! After every system update..you must replace only your kext audio in S/L/E ! Hope to be useful to someone!

Ciao! ;)

i did fresh installs using eliade's guide to the letter. worked fine, no errors. used perroboy's 10.7.2 updating method, and stated getting the errors. but sound is working fine.

but if i boot with -f, they go away....

Ok i cleared the boot flags out of /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Repaired permissions etc. Same thing, errors but they go away when i boot -f. I updated to chameleon r1650. Same.

Doesn't -f actually mean ignore boot caches? I cleared them with onyx. Same thing! Hating!

Ok i cleared the boot flags out of /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Repaired permissions etc. Same thing, errors but they go away when i boot -f. I updated to chameleon r1650. Same.

Doesn't -f actually mean ignore boot caches? I cleared them with onyx. Same thing! Hating!

Well this is from the official docs, unless someone's changed it:

"-F (ignore boot configuration file)"

Might help if you post the contents of org.chameleon.Boot.plist and org.apple.Boot.plist so we can see if there is a conflict.

ok here's my org.chameleon.Boot.plist from /Extra:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>device-properties</key>

</dict>
</plist>

and here's the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

sorry to be a pest. i hate asking for help...

Could someone with a fully working audio setup on 10.7.2 post their setup?

I cannot get decent audio out of my back ports, but luckily my front headphone jack still works as it should.

Using the files provided in the packs in the first post.

Could someone with a fully working audio setup on 10.7.2 post their setup?

I cannot get decent audio out of my back ports, but luckily my front headphone jack still works as it should.

Using the files provided in the packs in the first post.

If you have the ALC889a sound on your board, FOLLOW THIS POST and it should help. I have rear and front sound working with headphones even.

If you have the ALC889a sound on your board, FOLLOW THIS POST and it should help. I have rear and front sound working with headphones even.

I tried that, but might have had the wrong legacyhda.kext, and/or needed a HDAEnabler - which is weird, since I've fixed HDEF in my DSDT.

Anyway, I decided to try something else, I removed all my sound-kexts, re-applied the vanilla AppleHDA.kext from 10.7.2, and then started over. I'm now using three kexts in /S/L/E, and everything works as it should again.

The kexts are:

ALC8xxHDA.kext

AppleHDA.kext (a rollback kext)

HDAEnabler889a.kext

You can download them from here:

http://cl.ly/BHTP