[Guide] Lion on GA-EP45-UD3R - very close to perfection

Squirrelf

304 posts in this topic

<br />Can anybody help me?<br />I'm trying to instal the final release of lion on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3R that has the cartri's Mac BIOS v0.8; I'm using my Macbook and a Verbatim 8GB USB pen drive.<br />I've followed the guide but I can't install the OS because when i plug in the Usb pen and I turn on my PC it stop on the bios splash screen!! (if I take off the USB pen the pc turns on perfectly) I think There is probably a bootllader problem..<br />Thanks in advance!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I had the same problem. Just look some posts above this one.

I must be a problem with the bootloader

Try a different one.

I had success with Kakewalk 4.0

This tutorial here ist awsome anyway. You learn a lot more when doing stuff step by step.

Was there anything special about installing Snow Leopard with that bios (i.e. a special Kext because of that modded bios)... I actually never tried it...

If snow leopard was a rather normal install, it should work with Lion too...

Let me know how it goes...

I Have have an EP45T-UD3LR with Catri 0.8 and can't get the USB Medium to do a proper boot. After some time it just stalls with a symbol of a dashed circle. Anyone else experiencing something similar? ;)

I Have have an EP45T-UD3LR with Catri 0.8 and can't get the USB Medium to do a proper boot. After some time it just stalls with a symbol of a dashed circle. Anyone else experiencing something similar? ;)

OK, I'm in the same position! as THAY said the problem was the version of chameleon posted in this topic, I've used Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1200 and now the USB works, the installation begin but it stops with a white screen and the rainbow circle keeps spinning.

Kext problem?

Can anybody help me?

I'm trying to instal the final release of lion on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3R that has the cartri's Mac BIOS v0.8; I'm using my Macbook and a Verbatim 8GB USB pen drive.

I've followed the guide but I can't install the OS because when i plug in the Usb pen and I turn on my PC it stop on the bios splash screen!! (if I take off the USB pen the pc turns on perfectly) I think There is probably a bootllader problem..

Thanks in advance!!

Hi pollopollo

I had the same problem with a 16GB USB pen drive, until I read somewhere the pen drive needs to be formatted as MBR instead of GUID. After formatting as MBR mine functioned normally, without any further problem

OK, I'm in the same position! as THAY said the problem was the version of chameleon posted in this topic, I've used Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1200 and now the USB works, the installation begin but it stops with a white screen and the rainbow circle keeps spinning.

Kext problem?

Yea I have this problem too, I was able to boot into the installation before but I'm not sure what triggered this error. Just the spinning beach ball now...

Kext problem?

yeah thats exactly my problem too. I will try kakewalk instead of chameleon and report back on my results...

but the dashed circle and the spinner wheel point to some sort of kext problem here... :P

When I try to boot off my USB flash drive after preparing it my system will not boot. It gets to the point where it should start counting memory and just sits there until I power it off. If I disconnect the flash drive the system boots.

I took this same USB flash drive and installed Snow Leopard from it just to make sure it was reading the drive correctly and SL worked like a charm.

I have tried creating the flash drive three times now and the same thing has happened each time. On the last creation process I plugged the drive in between each step to see where it died and it stops working after installing Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1083.

Does anyone have any ideas?

When I try to boot off my USB flash drive after preparing it my system will not boot. It gets to the point where it should start counting memory and just sits there until I power it off. If I disconnect the flash drive the system boots.

I took this same USB flash drive and installed Snow Leopard from it just to make sure it was reading the drive correctly and SL worked like a charm.

I have tried creating the flash drive three times now and the same thing has happened each time. On the last creation process I plugged the drive in between each step to see where it died and it stops working after installing Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1083.

Does anyone have any ideas?

try that chameleon instead

(updated in first post)

Chameleon_2_RC5_VS.dmg

new step new problem, Lion wont install on my drive because there is no a copy of snow leopard on it... please somebody tell me that I've no to reinstall snow leopard from the beginning!!!

the new version of chameleon got me into install. thanks for that. i opened up harddisk tool and partitioned my drive to a single partition with guid partition scheme (for i had 10.5 installed previously) and it works like a charm (installer is running as we speak).

I am also on catri 0.8...

the new version of chameleon got me into install. thanks for that. i opened up harddisk tool and partitioned my drive to a single partition with guid partition scheme (for i had 10.5 installed previously) and it works like a charm (installer is running as we speak).

I am also on catri 0.8...

Hi cizko,

What guide have you followed? this one of eliade? what file do you have in your Extra folder?

Morning all,

i'm facing this issue on the installing procedure.

My HDs situation is the following

on HD1 i have a working OSX Leopard Install

on HD1 i have a empty partion i prepared for OSX Lion

on HD2 i have a working OSX Snow Leopard Install

My mobo is a GA-EP45-DS3

I following the tutorial step by step,

i boot for the first time using f12, and the 3 hd (the 2 plus the external one) show up.

I choose the external, with verbose i can see he does things ...

after a while he reboot, showing again the 3hd. The lion procedure didn't start.

if i choose again the external the situation loop back again and again.

where's my mistake?

Tnx a lot in advance

i'm actually stucked in the same point of pollopollo Lion fail to install around the 13 minutes , saying

" impossible to install mac osx "

"installer has found an error that deny the installation (translated from italian)"

"click on reboot to try again"

YUPPYYYYYYYYYYYY seems like I've solved the problem!!!!! (the one of the white screen and the rainbow spinning circle!!!!)

just use this version of chameleon:Install_Chameleon.mpkg.zip

Enjoy Cartri's MacBios 0.8 users!!!!

PS @Eliade feel free to link this version of chameleon in your guide!l

have you tried the newer one i posted in the first post, it is a newer built 1200, i tried it on the usb install lion i made that was freezing my computer during post with older chameleon I had posted before in the guide...

So I got ALC888 working on my EP45T-UD3LR (Catri 0.8) with these files: http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file...1379&page=2

BUT: Still no sleep/return (not timed, nor forced).

I tried DSDT Autopatcher and the AppleRTC Patch but without any results. Sending the Hackintosh to sleepmode will result in a system with a black screen (monitor powered down) but system still powered on, yet frozen.

Anyone here to enlighten me with a glance of genius on that issue? ;)

have you tried the newer one i posted in the first post, it is a newer built 1200, i tried it on the usb install lion i made that was freezing my computer during post with older chameleon I had posted before in the guide...

Yes, I've tried also the r1200 build but wasn't work for me, the only one that works for me is the one I've posted!

Seems like I've solved the last problem that I have had following again step by step your guide... (the installation would finish in about 3 minutes)...

Hi cizko,

What guide have you followed? this one of eliade? what file do you have in your Extra folder?

Hey pollopollo,

I tried this guide but I went with KAKEWALK 4.0 in the end and then installed the newer version of chameleon to my hard drive post the install.

In my Extra/Extensions there are only two files:

FakeSMC.kext

and

ALC8xxHDA.kext

(after I set up Cartri correctly, I deleted everything else and my DSDT.aml, since I did not need DSDT patching anymore)

That leaves me with only

com.apple.boot.plist

and

smbios.plist

in my /Extra folder

and finally I have

AppleHDA.kext

and

HDAEnabler888.kext

in my /System/Library/Extensions folder

I reversed the AppleRTC patch that I applied earlier so the above are my only changes to a vanilla system.

Now I got everything working. :(

EDIT: I'm back with CMOS reset errors. Will try another kext for this in a few days (gave away my hackitosh to a friend today) --> http://www.kexts.com/view/1494-fix_cmos_re...den_master.html (version 1.0.0d1) or the one mentioned in the comments here http://cartri.net/blog/88 (version 1.0) and if none of those work, I will just re-apply the AppleRTC patch...

But sleep / wake working properly on EP45T-UD3LR with Cartri BIOS 0.8. :D)

So anyone here in this thread who got wake from power button / WOL working?

I'd like to know which motherboard you have and what you did. Can't make it work on my EP45-UD3LR. Sleep works, but the system goes back to sleep if I wake with the power button / WOL.

Please post!

Great! Lion boot and that's great! I've only 2 problem now...

1) audio doesn't work (System profiler recognize my onboard audio card as a ALC888 but the kext posted by Cizko doesn't work for me...)

2) my nVidia 9800GT 512Mb doesn't work correctly (I think it needs something like EFI string)

Anyone has some problem like these on EP45-UD3R with Cartri MacBios 0.8?

Have a nice week!!

YUPPYYYYYYYYYYYY seems like I've solved the problem!!!!! (the one of the white screen and the rainbow spinning circle!!!!)

just use this version of chameleon:Install_Chameleon.mpkg.zip

Enjoy Cartri's MacBios 0.8 users!!!!

PS @Eliade feel free to link this version of chameleon in your guide!l

This was the only version of chameleon that worked for my usb boot, thanks Dude, you're the man!