[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Noam AA

Noam AA

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
thanks you so much! worked smooth and easy!

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Hi! Just two questions:
1. If I erase my partition where SL was, it's erasing the chameleon from it, right?

So after the install, I can't boot lion partition...

2. So how I install Chameleon to it, and how to copy Extra folder and DSDT and other stuff after the install?

(Sorry for my english)

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Gives me the same error. Any suggestions?

On your boot partition go to extra->extensions and see if there is a voodooPS2 kext

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Hi! Just two questions:
1. If I erase my partition where SL was, it's erasing the chameleon from it, right?

2. So how I install Chameleon to it, and how to copy Extra folder and DSDT and other stuff after the install?

(Sorry for my english)

Boot with the install partition you made (I guess), or just use a bootCD. You need to install chameleon from within Lion.

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi! Just two questions:

(Sorry for my english)

That's why you have to install chameleon on both SL and Boot partitions so when you install lion on your SL partition you will still have chameleon on your Boot partition.

banhong

banhong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
i follow your guide and successfully with

- Asus P7P55D-E
- I5 750
- ATI 5770 1GB.
- Creative Audigy 2 ZS

All is work Lan, Sleep (with enabler), Restart.

Thank you.

Ps. except boot loader i use Chimera from tonymac

e1ement

e1ement

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
So, today I installed Lion twice on my computer. First time just to test it on an older hard disk and the second time I replaced my Snow Leopard. Yet, there are two issues I get:

About My Mac says something about "MacBook Air (original)" which is probably just a cosmetic issue and wake up from sleep doesn't work. Since I have some older Kexts in my Extra/Extensions folder I might try some newer ones to get wake up from sleep working.

Besides I have an i7 920 on a P6TSE but in "About This Mac" I see an Intel Xeon processor (and a writing that says Macbook Air). I attached a screenshot... How can I fix this to see something like your "About this mac"?
Thanks!!

As I posted above, I have the same issue with the "MacBook Air" thing, yet, my Lion tells me the correct CPU. Just google for SMcputype and put the correct lines into your smbios.plist.

e1ement

//EDIT: The computer justs need a little action (mouse click) so the black screen disappears and it wakes up from sleep.

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

So, today I installed Lion twice on my computer. First time just to test it on an older hard disk and the second time I replaced my Snow Leopard. Yet, there are two issues I get:

About My Mac says something about "MacBook Air (original)" which is probably just a cosmetic issue and wake up from sleep doesn't work. Since I have some older Kexts in my Extra/Extensions folder I might try some newer ones to get wake up from sleep working.

As I posted above, I have the same issue with the "MacBook Air" thing, yet, my Lion tells me the correct CPU. Just google for SMcputype and put the correct lines into your smbios.plist.

e1ement

//EDIT: The computer justs need a little action (mouse click) so the black screen disappears and it wakes up from sleep.

Great

jr2008

jr2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

On your boot partition go to extra->extensions and see if there is a voodooPS2 kext

No. I have only these: ALC8xxHDA.kext y FakeSMC.kext.

e1ement

e1ement

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

No. I have only these: ALC8xxHDA.kext y FakeSMC.kext.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729

Get the matching files from "Post Installation" and put those Kexts to Extra/Extensions.

e1ement

e1ement

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Besides I have an i7 920 on a P6TSE but in "About This Mac" I see an Intel Xeon processor (and a writing that says Macbook Air). I attached a screenshot... How can I fix this to see something like your "About this mac"?

Put this in your SMBIOS.plist and you're good to go:

<key>SMcputype</key>
	<string>1793</string>

<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>H09300AS4PC</string>

Just check that you don't have those entries twice in your SMBIOS.plist and replace existing ones.

If your audio and network isn't working yet, get those Kexts from Still Win Fan and install them one after another with Kext Utility (just drag on drop onto Kext Utility icon).

Greetz,
e1ement

PS: Those lines above are only for Nehalem Core i7 1366 and MacPro4,1.

rockstarjoe

rockstarjoe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Just wanted to say thanks! This method worked for me on GA-EP45-UD3R. Just need to get audio and networking working. Many thanks!

oskr66

oskr66

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi , thanks for an Excellent guide !!! I was able to install Lion GM on a separate slow IDE drive on my G41M-ES2L Board , everything works , sound and wireless , I did a clean installation !! I need to work and check on " sleep" , I have not tried it yet , I will install it on my primary SATA drive today , everything is super fast . I love my Lion !! -_-
I will post a guide with all files and steps if any body is interested on doing a clean install into another drive , slave or USB drive . It works thanks for this guide ..........

here are my proof pictures

Attached Files

Comodin

Comodin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Excelent Guide,

Worked well with my hackintosh :(

Regards,

Comodin.

Still Win Fan

Still Win Fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thanks everyone for the great reply's I'm glad this guide was useful to all of you.
And thanks to the moderator's for making this thread sticky this way it will help more people.

entitas

entitas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Got stuck at the point after it checks FakeSMC.kext. Here's the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/0d5gg.jpg

Any ideas?

NeoZG

NeoZG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Excellent guide. Thanks!

entitas

entitas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Got stuck at the point after it checks FakeSMC.kext. Here's the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/0d5gg.jpg

Any ideas?

Okay, got it solved. It was because of bad permission on FakeSMC.kext. Fixed it and running Lion now. Thanks for the guide!

Hackintosh2000

Hackintosh2000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Thanks. I used your guide or at least some of it to make a GM USB Installer. Apple was sneaky and made the Base System invisible.

It worked fine. No probs.

kansukee

kansukee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Thanks. I used your guide or at least some of it to make a GM USB Installer. Apple was sneaky and made the Base System invisible.

It worked fine. No probs.

Well even though Lion is supposed to run on Xeons, I can't install this. The install starts but I guess at some point there is a system check of some kind and I get the error message "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer".

It's the machine in my signature_maybe I need a modified OSInstall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy