SpeedStepper (now supports Mountain Lion 10.8.3)

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

Does anyone have or know how to generate SSDT for 3770K. I've attached AIDA generated SSDT tables if anyone can help. Running 10.8.2, SM-iMac12,2. So far I only get 16,35,39 but when I use SM-MP3,1 i get 16,17,18,19,20,35,39. Should this incrementaly (steps of one) go from 16->39 or is this correct? Also what are the correct PStates for 3770K?

hello

i send 2 ssdt to u try , if u want

Attached File  SSDT-IVY.zip   1.94KB   61 downloads

try to use one of the smbios for MacBook Pro ivy or imac12,2 or 12,1

good hack

westwaerts

westwaerts

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
here you are

Attached Files

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

here you are

Haha, that is really hidden(?). :P

How is it Macbook-model? Could it be possible that missing states could be added to that .plist?
In what program did you open this? :)

westwaerts

westwaerts

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
there is no need to edit the kext inside for speedstep, unless you know all about it.
just choose the nearest cpu type out of the mac range. ( in my case Macbookpro8,3 = i2670)

i opened it in OxED.

bisk

bisk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Aloha,

Ran into a snag with my Acer 5750-9292. The SpeedStepper mod worked fine for 10.7.3 but under 10.7.4 and 10.7.5, AICPUPM.kext KPs even after the mod. It KPs in a different place though. Instead of crashing right near the beginning of the boot cycle as it does with a vanilla AICPUPM.kext, it KPs near the end right before going into graphics mode.

I can actually boot standalone, put NullCPUPM.kext back and come up again.

I know that my 10.7.4 mod is good because this same v1.93 AICPUPM.kext works on a Gateway NV57H running 10.7.4 that is very nearly the same notebook.

What gives ?

bisk

bisk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
OK, figured it out by sifting through this very thread, embarrassing :{

I'll now post this again very clearly so that others may benefit. So here goes ...

If you have successfully patched your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext so that you do not KP early in the boot process but then do KP right near the end just before going to the loginwindow then this applies to you.

You need to add DropSSDT=Yes to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I'm not sure if it's necessary but I also set GeneratePStates=No since that seemed consistent. I then hunted down a custom SSDT.aml for my CPU to complete the enabling of SpeedStep.

This late boot KP starts on some laptops (Acer 5750 i7-2630QM) with 10.7.4 and waits until 10.7.5 for others (Gateway NV57U/Core i5-2410m).

Hope that this helps and happy holidays to all !!!

Regi Yassin

Regi Yassin

Who am I ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
with generatepstates i got an error that its not generated, so i dont use generatecsates or pstates
i got this, 10 states

is this good?
MacPro3,1

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 7.11.24 PM.png   221.67KB   135 downloads

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

with generatepstates i got an error that its not generated, so i dont use generatecsates or pstates
i got this, 10 states

is this good?
MacPro3,1

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 7.11.24 PM.png   221.67KB   135 downloads

Are you using a patched SSDT.aml?

Regi Yassin

Regi Yassin

Who am I ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Are you using a patched SSDT.aml?

yes, modified version until 5Ghz for oc'ed

flAked

flAked

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hey guys, long time no see.

I'm not sure if someone in the community published a patch while I was on osx86 hiatus...

Anyways, I finally did update my hardware and made the switch to 10.8 (I was still on 10.6 due to hardware issues).

So here we go, a new version of SpeedStepper for 10.8.3 - enjoy!

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,083 posts
Welcome back flAked.

Sorry for off topic but I don't know if you're interested or have the time but either way, to keep you in the loop with regards to MSRDumper.

1 - There were some questions raised on the Clover thread at projectosx a while back. Link
2 - You may already know, but if you didn't you may be interested to see that Pike R.Alpha is working on MSRDumper's successor; AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo

Regards

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.

flAked,

WB.  WIll you have one for 10.9 GM?

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.

Is there also for Mavericks GM?

type40

type40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yes, I'm in the same boat with broken speedstep despite nice SSDT and DSDT in mavericks. Is there any way to fix this these days? Any pointers gratefully accepted!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy