Supported Graphics cards with Full QE/QI

kludgedean

253 posts in this topic

I finally have success swapped out IOPCIFAMILY and AppleACPIPlatform Kexts and it successfully deteeced and loaded my card with ATY_init

I have the same problem with my 8600GT and Lion DP4. Can you lend a hand and explain further how you got your nvidia card to work? What did you replace IOPCIFAMILIY and AppleACPIPlatform Kexts with?

I have the same problem with my 8600GT and Lion DP4. Can you lend a hand and explain further how you got your nvidia card to work? What did you replace IOPCIFAMILIY and AppleACPIPlatform Kexts with?

Problem solved. Took those next from 10.6 and now this 8600GT works great with 10.7.

Thanks douggle for the tip!

UPDATE: In DP4, you don't need ATY_Init anymore, just add the dev-id in original ati4800controller and GraphicsEnabler=Yes in bootloader

Hi Zentili...

Sorry for "newbee-ing" but...how can I find this dev-id in order to add it to the controller ?

Hey Guys,

A friend of mine installed Lion DP4 yesterday. He has a Sapphire HD5770 with two displays connected. He just told me that the card is fully functional and is enjoying his dual screen setup. The only thing he's using is the chameleon GraphicsEnabler option :)

Cheers!

Nvidia Geforce 9300LE 128MB working with full QE/CI on latest DP4 build, on a Dell E520 C2D 1.8. Added following to /extra/extensions/comp.apple.boot.plist

<key>GraphicEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

boot loader is Chameleon V2 RC5 972

NOTE only appears to be working in 32 bit mode, I have to use arch=i386, without that I get a stack dump just before when the login screen should appear.

GeForce GT 320M 1024 MB graphics

works fully, HDMI also (with Cham's GraphicsEnabler), did not test audio

not sure why DSDT injection that worked with Snow isn't working for Lion.

Sapphire HD4670 512MB DDR3. Fully working with DP4 & The update for it.

VGA works without GraphicsEnabler, but cant start DVD Player by this way.

With GraphicsEnabler=yes and AtiConfig=Flicker no any restrictions .. Everything work perfectly..

ss778.jpg

1a5cm.jpg

I have two system with 8400 GS. The one with ASUS 8400 VGA and HDMI is working without problem with DP4. For the other, a PNY with DVI,HDMI and VGA connectors, I have tried everything but no chance. After the boot, when prompt login should be displayed, the screen is made of big black and white squares. I can boot without device string in the boot.plist and not typing GraphicsEnabler=Yes but of course it's only a bad solution.

Sapphire-branded 5750 works for me with a change to the ATI5000 plist to insert my device's PCI ID.

Out of the box does not get picked up.

0x68BE1002 is my device's ID.

I also have ATY_Init installed which I never had with Snow Leopard but one of the DP builds seemed to require it to enable acceleration. I'm also using Graphics Enabler=Yes in my boot plist, I don't know how it should be set up though so it's possible the ATY_Init is required or completely unnecessary. I have other issues to resolve so I haven't spent time on that yet.

can also confirm that the GTS450 1GB is working out of the box with GraphicsEnabler=y

bildschirmfoto20110621ur.th.png

no freezes till now

EDIT:

still something wrong with this card.

system profiler shows card correct.

no freezes, no kp or something else.

but not usable for games or something else

WoW -> 6-8fps

cinebench 11 -> 4fps

cl info shows that the card is identified but shows Clock: 0 MHz

[Device 0]
Name: 			GeForce GTS 450
Vendor: 		NVIDIA
Type: 			GPU 
Device Version: 	OpenCL 1.1 
Driver Version: 	CLH 1.0
Compute Units: 		4
Work Group Size: 	1024
Clock: 			0 MHz
Global Memory: 		1024 MB
Local Memory: 		48 KB
Cache Size: 		0 KB
Cache Line Size: 	0 Bytes
Available: 		Yes
Double-Precision: 	No
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor
			cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions
			cl_APPLE_clut
			cl_APPLE_query_kernel_names
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
			cl_khr_gl_event
			cl_khr_byte_addressable_store
			cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics
			cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics
			cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics
			cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics
			cl_APPLE_fp64_basic_ops

strange thing but i hope after final release this card will work proper :D

Just add that my HIS HD4670 Iceq 1GB Card works fully out of the box with no injector or Graphics enabler! :help: way better start with it than on Snow Leopard in which it did not work until 10.6.5 ^_^ woot looks like I am going to have a fully working lion install next month when they release it!