Give Thanks Rayap

:D

Sleep work fine for me .

Now I have another error message about in the console:

localhost kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x972211b1 0x6636336f

Jun 10 03:23:48 kernel[0]: Wake reason: UHC2

Jun 10 03:23:48 kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000

Jun 10 03:23:48 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0

Jun 10 03:23:48 kernel[0]: The USB device CompositeDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Jun 10 03:23:48 kernel[0]: HID tickle 13 ms

Jun 10 03:23:49 kernel[0]: IOATAController device blocking bus.

Jun 10 03:24:53 kernel[0]:

Jun 10 03:25:07 kernel[0]: Wake reason: UHC2

Jun 10 03:25:07 kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000

Jun 10 03:25:07 kernel[0]: The USB device CompositeDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Jun 10 03:25:07 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0

Jun 10 03:25:07 kernel[0]: HID tickle 1 ms

Jun 10 03:25:07 kernel[0]: IOATAController device blocking bus.

Thanx Flashe for pointing out the RTC thing. I never noticed any issues w/ Snow. I just started running DP4 a day ago and really didn't mess with sleep yet. Strange question, do you lose your keyboard after wake? I have to replug mine. Mouse is ok tho. Both are usb.

Thanx Flashe for pointing out the RTC thing. I never noticed any issues w/ Snow. I just started running DP4 a day ago and really didn't mess with sleep yet. Strange question, do you lose your keyboard after wake? I have to replug mine. Mouse is ok tho. Both are usb.

Hello og-phantom,

I do not lose the keyboard and mouse to wake but before the mouse was that I was reconnecting watch out sleep.

Now I don't have this message :RTC is only a single ram bank of 128 bytes but I have my dvd player who wakes up every 5 minutes.

I think there is a report to this message:

Jun 10 03:23:48 kernel[0]: The USB device CompositeDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Jun 10 03:25:07 kernel[0]: The USB device CompositeDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Thank you ezhoon your tutorial is great I got it done (did a fresh install I am running on MBR) its running good except for random kernel panics anyone else having this problem?

**EDIT** I repaired permissions with disk utility and it seems to have solved the problem (I repaired with kext wizard and that did not solve it for anyone else this may happen to)

Yep, thanks ezhoon. I followed your method to create my install disk and tested it by upgrading my Lion DP1 vmware virtual machine, then used the VM to upgrade my real DP3 partition. Couldn't get Chameleon to boot the usb or dvd, and haven't put much time into XPC, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] etc.

Hello og-phantom,

I do not lose the keyboard and mouse to wake but before the mouse was that I was reconnecting watch out sleep.

Now I don't have this message :RTC is only a single ram bank of 128 bytes but I have my dvd player who wakes up every 5 minutes.

I think there is a report to this message:

Maybe it's my keyboard then... I have one with a ton of windows multimedia keys, I will try another keyboard. Question, is your DVD drive SATA or IDE? I used to have the same problem with an IDE drive. I switched over to SATA DVD and haven't had that problem in Snow or Lion (granted, my experiences in Lion are still limited so far).

Hi!

Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In 11a419 only)

post-12287-1307812437_thumb.jpg

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks

Hello, I keep getting the same problem under dp4. Somebody has a clue? Thank you

Maybe it's my keyboard then... I have one with a ton of windows multimedia keys, I will try another keyboard. Question, is your DVD drive SATA or IDE? I used to have the same problem with an IDE drive. I switched over to SATA DVD and haven't had that problem in Snow or Lion (granted, my experiences in Lion are still limited so far).

Are the 2 dvd waking,first lecteur dvd ide ,then 10 minutes later the lecteur dvd sata.

With snow i don't have this problèm,why ?

Hello I am trying to install on my machine Lion DP4 Asus P5Q3 I prepared the usb stick OSInstall.mpkg replaced.

1) launch OSInstall mpkg failed installation from USB stick (see photo)

2) boot-v I get stuck [pci configuration begin]

I tried to format the pen drive is that Mbr Gui

Formatted HD Gui Installation

At the moment no any advice and help thanks

ps. I apologize for English

foto.tiff

Here is what I did:

1. Mount Mac OS X Lion DP4.dmg, which will show up as OS X Install ESD on your desktop.

2. Make hidden files visible and you will find BaseSystem

3. Restore this BaseSystem to a empty partition/usb drive or whatever.

4. Mount that restored partition/usb drive and go to /system/installation/packages, and remove the alias

5. From that OS X Install ESD image you mounted on your desktop, copy the whole Packages folder to /system/installation/

6. Replace the OSInstall.mpkg with the "edited" one to bypass the installation check.

7. Copy mach_kernel from OS X Install ESD to the root of restored BaseSystem partition

8. Reboot, f8 to Chameleon gui selection and there you have it, BaseSystem volume.

9. Just select your volume with dp3 installed to install dp4. It will be upgraded to 11a480b nice and easy ;)

In step six, you can simply delete /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist from the restored USB stick/partition; that's what I've done with my DP4 installer (partition-based). By the way, if you have Chameleon V2 revision 1000 or later installed on your Snow partition, you can use it to multi-boot all your supported partitions (in my case, it's my Snow partition, my Lion partition, and the installers for both; theoretically, I could even use it to boot Windows 7, though it is on yet a third drive).

I have two SATA HDDs and one ATAPI HDD, with the ATAPI HDD hosting all my *Hack* installers (Snow and Lion install partitions, and three other partitions with DMGs of all my Hack apps/utils/games/etc.), the smaller SATA HDD hosts my Hack system partitions (currently evenly split between Snow and Lion), with the remaining SATA HDD being my Windows 7 drive.

I see no change in procedure from DP2 to DP4. If one is successful loading DP2, DP4 is the same. In fact, it is somewhat easier since it installs right over 10.6.8 and still preserves all the programs otherwise uninstallable in Lion themselves–such as MenuMeters, etc.

Are the 2 dvd waking,first lecteur dvd ide ,then 10 minutes later the lecteur dvd sata.

With snow i don't have this problèm,why ?

I don't know. We both have similar motherboards too (Asus P5K series). I noticed that with SATA DVD drives I don't have the wake issues or the constant access issues I did before (with Snow). I'm sure we'll get all the bugs worked out when Lion is released. I remember having issues with Snow when it was in beta.

I don't know. We both have similar motherboards too (Asus P5K series). I noticed that with SATA DVD drives I don't have the wake issues or the constant access issues I did before (with Snow). I'm sure we'll get all the bugs worked out when Lion is released. I remember having issues with Snow when it was in beta.

Try

System Preferences/Energy Saver- Uncheck "Put hard disk(s) to sleep when possible"

Anyone able to boot the Lion Installers (Mac OS X Base System of DP3 and DP4) without having to use the "-f" flag (ignore caches)?

I've experienced boot stalls in DP3 and DP4 installers (Mac OS X Base System) where I would get "socket not connected" messages. The only way I've been able to get past this is to boot with the -f flag, to ignore boot caches. Kind of odd, as I've never experienced these issues before and I don't experience these issues when booting the Lion installation, only the Base System installer.

I have a boot cache in /Extra and one in /S/L/C/c.a.k.c/Startup and cannot determine why they would be different from loading the kexts directly.

This happens even when I have the kexts in S/L/E, so I imagine it's a issue with some Apple kexts in S/L/E that don't have the proper OSBundleRequired string. That would explain why the boot cache fails on boot. (I'm not using the kernelcache.)

Now, when I do use the "-f" flag, I don' t get the "socket not connected" messages. But, shortly after, I get the USB "transactions passed deadline - timing out" messages. Don't get these messages on the Lion installation or any other time.

This is not a big deal, but I'm the sort of guy that likes everything figured out and finely tuned. I know this is beta, but I'd like to hear from others regarding this issue. wink_anim.gif

MAJ

Anyone able to boot the Lion Installers (Mac OS X Base System of DP3 and DP4) without having to use the "-f" flag (ignore caches)?

I've experienced boot stalls in DP3 and DP4 installers (Mac OS X Base System) where I would get "socket not connected" messages. The only way I've been able to get past this is to boot with the -f flag, to ignore boot caches. Kind of odd, as I've never experienced these issues before and I don't experience these issues when booting the Lion installation, only the Base System installer.

I have a boot cache in /Extra and one in /S/L/C/c.a.k.c/Startup and cannot determine why they would be different from loading the kexts directly.

This happens even when I have the kexts in S/L/E, so I imagine it's a issue with some Apple kexts in S/L/E that don't have the proper OSBundleRequired string. That would explain why the boot cache fails on boot. (I'm not using the kernelcache.)

Now, when I do use the "-f" flag, I don' t get the "socket not connected" messages. But, shortly after, I get the USB "transactions passed deadline - timing out" messages. Don't get these messages on the Lion installation or any other time.

This is not a big deal, but I'm the sort of guy that likes everything figured out and finely tuned. I know this is beta, but I'd like to hear from others regarding this issue. wink_anim.gif

MAJ

I haven't needed the -f flag to boot *any* Lion installer, and still don't need it for DP4.

The only flags I have used for the DP4 installer are arch=i386 and -v; that's it. (And arch=i386 I don't use to boot Lion DP4 itself.)

My one quibble (and it's exactly that) is that the kext and kernel caches don't get built whenever booting DP4; however, I suspect that the reason for that is that I'm using Chameleon V2 on the Snow partition (same drive) to boot both Snow and Lion - and Snow doesn't use the caches the same way that Lion does, if it uses them at all.

Thanks a lot for the fast answer, and you are completely sure that this is from the official version? Just asking because I have another hash..

I have the same MD5 hash (C4EB47C9CA353C5C78A3F05E592708C0). This is for the "InstallESD.dmg" inside the DP4 package.

I haven't needed the -f flag to boot *any* Lion installer, and still don't need it for DP4.

<snip>

Thanks for that feedback. Just what I needed.

I guess there's something up with the way I'm building the cache. :D

Couple questions, if you don't mind:

Do you have your kexts in /Extra or S/L/E?

Are you using the existing kernelcache with the UseKernelCache key/string in boot.plist or building a mkext cache from the kexts?

kind regards,

MAJ

P.S. Okay, I see what you're doing. You're not even using a boot cache, so the bootloader is forced to load all the kexts, anyway. No "-f" flag needed. I think I'll forgo building the boot cache for the Installer, like everyone else.

The only reason I build the boot caches for S/L/E is because I don't like watching the long a** log of loading kexts in the GUI version of Chameleon. Can we do something about speeding this up? Anybody with me, here? :P

Last time I looked at the character blitting routine, it consisted of pixel by pixel searching of the desired character, AFAIK. I'm know little about C, however. I'm just an old assembly coder from the 8-bit micro days.

Thanks for that feedback. Just what I needed.

I guess there's something up with the way I'm building the cache. :D

Couple questions, if you don't mind:

Do you have your kexts in /Extra or S/L/E?

Are you using the existing kernelcache with the UseKernelCache key/string in boot.plist or building a mkext cache from the kexts?

kind regards,

MAJ

P.S. Okay, I see what you're doing. You're not even using a boot cache, so the bootloader is forced to load all the kexts, anyway. No "-f" flag needed. I think I'll forgo building the boot cache for the Installer, like everyone else.

The only reason I build the boot caches for S/L/E is because I don't like watching the long a** log of loading kexts in the GUI version of Chameleon. Can we do something about speeding this up? Anybody with me, here? :P

Last time I looked at the character blitting routine, it consisted of pixel by pixel searching of the desired character, AFAIK. I'm know little about C, however. I'm just an old assembly coder from the 8-bit micro days.

All my non-stock kexts are in /S/L/E, and there are only four.

FakeSMC.kext (required for all Hacks - originally installed in Lion installer partition)

ATI5000Injector.kext (graphics enabler specifically for AMD HD54xx when used with any version of SL post-Graphics Update 1.0 or any version of Lion - originally installed in Lion installer partition; allows native resolution support during installation and post-install)

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (safety factor) - installed in Lion installer partition

AppleRTL81xx.kext (lnx2mac Realtek RTL81xx gigabit Ethernet driver for SL and Lion; required for onboard LAN support - post-install into /S/L/E via Kext Utility)

I use -v as a "standard" flag when booting any Hack - it lets me keep an eye out for any errors. Remember; we're basically running a modified OS on technically the *wrong* (non-Apple) hardware; if I'm going to risk bites, I'd like to see what actually bit me first off; then, I neeed to double-check and see if it's repeatable. That way I can see what can be done to immunize myself from future bites.

Hi!

Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In 11a419 only)

post-12287-1302285296_thumb.jpg

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks

I get this error with the same methods on my GeForce 9500 GT or if i use -v it goes blue and hangs in DP4

Hi for everyone having problems

1. I don't use a modified OSInstall.mpkg. I just delete PlatformSupport.plist or just delete the folder com.apple.recovery.boot.

2. I don't put any extra kexts in S/L/E, not even FakeSMC.kext

3. I use the newest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] FROM Tonymac, not that other piece of {censored} [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], to boot "Mac OS X Base System".

Tonymacs newest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] will allow you to boot both SL and Lion.

4. set up Extra in Chameleon like you always do.

5. I also use a smbios with <key>SMboardproduct</key> and <string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>, because I still got a "can't install on this system" message.

Hi for everyone having problems

1. I don't use a modified OSInstall.mpkg. I just delete PlatformSupport.plist or just delete the folder com.apple.recovery.boot.

2. I don't put any extra kexts in S/L/E, not even FakeSMC.kext

3. I use the newest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] FROM Tonymac, not that other piece of {censored} [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], to boot "Mac OS X Base System".

Tonymacs newest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] will allow you to boot both SL and Lion.

4. set up Extra in Chameleon like you always do.

5. I also use a smbios with <key>SMboardproduct</key> and <string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>, because I still got a "can't install on this system" message.

1A. I don't have a modded OSInstall.mpkg, either - mine is vanilla. My com.apple.recovery.boot is also vanilla. My only change is that /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist (installation partition) got tossed.

2A. Two of the three kexts I put into /S/L/E are safety-factors (FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext). The third (ATI5000Injector.kext) enables native-resolution support, both during installation and post-install. Also, putting the three kexts in the install partition means I don't have to do it post-install.

3. I boot using Chameleon V2 r.1005 (from my Snow partition); it can also boot the Lion system partition post-install (and even Windows 7). The only partition it *can't* boot is my Snow install partition (and I have the customized nawcom ModCD for that), as tonymac's current iBootCD has issues with my hardware mix. (Considering that Chameleon works fine, it may be related to differences between Chameleon and Chimera.)

4. Other than version updates, I use the same version of Chameleon to boot Snow and Lion (starting with 874, I literally use the *same* Chameleon, as both partitions share a drive).

5. I don't get that message; the fact that you still do means you may want to go through your installation source again. (That *was* a problem I had with DP3; however, I didn't with DP4.)