Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

I've somewhere released the binaries to the new bootloader cparm and me and other people have been working on.

He explicitly requested not to post anything on InsanelyMac so you'll have to use google to find it.

Also for the sources of him, contact him, patch of me is available from the same download location as the binaries.

I'll post screenshots of my Atom 32-bit only based netbook running Lion DP1 soon.

Happy hunting... ;)

Looking forward! :)

Hey everybody,

I have update, on my Toshiba described in signature, Lion to build 11A459e and installation gone well.

The only problem I have is that most of the applications quit unexpectedly at start.

screen.tiff

I have tryed to repar permissions but nothing changes.

On the previous build all applications was working correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't use the mic, so I didn't check the mic input. Thank you, oldnapalm. You are right. That info.plist goes into PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist is the right way.

Now, AD1988B audio need DSDT and patched appleHDA.kext. I attache 3 files for appleHDA.kext patch. Replace original files with this files. It works Lion and Snow Leopard both.

Great job as for 1988B guys!!! Works like a charm ;)

Last thing to be done is fan control by FakeSMC ... fans are running at full speed all time, which is quiet annoying

any1 got that working?

Cheers

Goron

Welcome everyone,

Exact Goron,I too have the fans always thoroughly.

Dsdt.alm normally responsible should solve this problem, right?

It is possible to have suspend activity on Lion DP2 (built 11A59e ) with the same config pc and the same dsdt as snow ?

I have the dvd player that wakes up every 5 minutes,I do not know why. sad.gif

When I click suspend activity only screen goes black, the other components do not stop.

You think it comes from the dsdt or ?

PowerManagement:

kextstat | grep LPC

84 0 0xffffff7f812f5000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.5.1) <9 5 4 3>

lspci | grep LPC

pcilib: 0000:01:00.0 64-bit device address ignored. (why?)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801IR (ICH9R) LPC Interface Controller (rev 02)

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo (Referred to me for nothing C-States under lion).

I referred in snow (CSTInfo" = 19136773) indicates that the C-States are operational.

ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray

"PerformanceStateArray" = (<f40b0000000000000a0000000a0000002209000001000000>,<a00a0000000000000a0000000a0000002008000002000000>,<4c090000000000000a0000000a0000001c07000003000000>,<f8070000000000000a0000000a0000001806000004000000>)

P-States are operating under lion .

You know the reasons ?

Thanks advance.

I finally managed to get further in Lion DP1 installation using AnVal atom patched kernel on my eeepc 1001 but I got stuck on keyboard detection.Lion find's my bluetooth mouse but native netbook keyboard isn't recognized and I don't own a usb or bluetooth keyboard.Any solutions? Thanks.

I finally managed to get further in Lion DP1 installation using AnVal atom patched kernel on my eeepc 1001 but I got stuck on keyboard detection.Lion find's my bluetooth mouse but native netbook keyboard isn't recognized and I don't own a usb or bluetooth keyboard.Any solutions? Thanks.

Are you using PS/2 kexts?

I use SL_PS2_Voodoo.zip from this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175372

Are you using PS/2 kexts?

I use SL_PS2_Voodoo.zip from this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175372

Thanks I'll try ,for the moment I managed to bypass keyboard checking with the trick from this forum on removing in

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/ the strings DeviceSection and KeyboardTypeSection

and finally keyboard was "recognized" as I was able to setup the rest of the assistant

I'm even writing you under Lion!!

Few things aren't working properly yet:screen resolution(it's 800x600) ,trackpad(I'm gonna check SL PS2 Voodoo),sound

What's working:battery meter,keyboard,sdcard reader,wifi,camera,usb

I didn't check ethernet.

Thanks for your help

Hi blakken,

Will you try and see if it is possible to update your system to DP4.

I hope it is possible.

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

I'll try as soon as I had a high speed internet connection.Doubt it'll be successful as AnVal released mach_kernel only for DP1 and DP2(thanks anVal by the way)

ok finally my SL appleps2controler.kext worked under Lion and recognized as Elantech touchpad by updating Extra extension. Unfortunately still got stuck with 800x600 even after patching AppleIntelGMA950 and AppleIntegratedFramebuffer . Console message under kernel.log claims IONDRVSupport , IOGraphicsFamily and VoodooHDA can't load.

ok finally my SL appleps2controler.kext worked under Lion and recognized as Elantech touchpad by updating Extra extension. Unfortunately still got stuck with 800x600 even after patching AppleIntelGMA950 and AppleIntegratedFramebuffer . Console message under kernel.log claims IONDRVSupport , IOGraphicsFamily and VoodooHDA can't load.

It's even worse, in my case the framebuffer from Lion won't even load.

My tool for graphics says OpenGL acceleration but no CI/QE in hardware...

A pic taken from my netbook (Acer Aspire One D250 with Intel Atom N280 1,66Ghz)

This is to prove Lion DP1 works even on 32-bit only hardware...

post-100023-1306300245_thumb.png

It's even worse, in my case the framebuffer from Lion won't even load.

My tool for graphics says OpenGL acceleration but no CI/QE in hardware...

A pic taken from my netbook (Acer Aspire One D250 with Intel Atom N280 1,66Ghz)

This is to prove Lion DP1 works even on 32-bit only hardware...

Hi Andy! How did you managed to get screen resolution working?What is your chameleon version?

Hi Andy! How did you managed to get screen resolution working?What is your chameleon version?

I used the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from Snow Leopard (10.6.7 version) and used the new cparm + AnV boot loader...

I used the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from Snow Leopard (10.6.7 version) and used the new cparm + AnV boot loader...

I tried anV boot 1.012 but it doesn't boot at all.The only chameleon version that is booting is 753 ,other versions aren't working at all.

I've somewhere released the binaries to the new bootloader cparm and me and other people have been working on.

He explicitly requested not to post anything on InsanelyMac so you'll have to use google to find it.

Also for the sources of him, contact him, patch of me is available from the same download location as the binaries.

I'll post screenshots of my Atom 32-bit only based netbook running Lion DP1 soon.

Happy hunting... ;)

i found it, and when i try to use that bootloader, my system cant boot,

stuck on "Hellwo World from PreBoot hook", and then i press enter, and my system suddenly reboot,

is it only for lion andy ?

stuck on "Hellwo World from PreBoot hook", and then i press enter, and my system suddenly reboot,

I doesn't even work better for me: Hello world from PreBoot hook [enter] Setting platform name to:Macbook4.1 [enter] Invalid mach magic [enter] nable to locate _lapic_init [enter] Hello world from ExecKernel hook.Binary located at 0x1810000 [enter] reboot

I doesn't even work better for me: Hello world from PreBoot hook [enter] Setting platform name to:Macbook4.1 [enter] Invalid mach magic [enter] nable to locate _lapic_init [enter] Hello world from ExecKernel hook.Binary located at 0x1810000 [enter] reboot

its still beta right?

wish the next version would be better thn this,

its still beta right?

Try under boot: mach_kernel rd=diskXsY -v when it shows rd(X,Y)

boot works really fast finally ,I managed to get a native resolution screen but unfortunately keyboard and trackpad command aren't working!

Happy hunting... ;)

works pretty fast, even on my nForce board. THX :)

hey guys have you solved issue pci configuration begin and dsmos for gtx 460? help me..

Personally I've given up with it for now. The only way at the moment seems to be to run a version prior to 11a459e with the snow leopard kexts.

Might as well wait for Lion to release, it's a constantly changing target at the moment and the newer nVidia cards are causing a lot of issues.....almost certainly driver-related as they have jumped from the 25x series in SL to 27x series in Lion.

google for it. It's not wished to be published here.

Is their work being published on the voodoo projects svn? (If so, it would be nice to contact them, seems every branch still has a 64k hard-coded limit when dealing with nvidia bioses....perhaps I can pursued at least 1 dev to change this....)

I also can't find it via google.....a bone might help....

No, works for SL and older too.

Just use only Symbols.dylib and the modules you really need (hello world isn't required to boot)...

its still beta right?

Yeah... we're allready working on a "follow up"

Personally I've given up with it for now. The only way at the moment seems to be to run a version prior to 11a459e with the snow leopard kexts.

Might as well wait for Lion to release, it's a constantly changing target at the moment and the newer nVidia cards are causing a lot of issues.....almost certainly driver-related as they have jumped from the 25x series in SL to 27x series in Lion.

tnx :(