• Developers
  • 331 posts
Discussions moved here

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts
Thank you for sharing. Good to see someone making progress.

So why do we want it (notebook / desktop)?
Will the new be limited to /Extra or also run froms /S/L/E?
I bet people are going to ask: "How do we pull this from github this?" (me starts counter).
Oh and your README looks more like a LICENSE file to me. Not what I was expecting.

n.b. It compiles fine. No warnings / errors.

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 921 posts
Does it auto-detects Tjmax value from CPU?

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts

Does it auto-detects Tjmax value from CPU?

Yup. More like an educated guess really, but looking at the source code:
bool IntelThermal::init(OSDictionary *properties){	DebugLog("Initialising...");	    if (!super::init(properties))		return false;		if (OSNumber* number = OSDynamicCast(OSNumber, getProperty("TJMax"))) {		tjmax[0] = number->unsigned32BitValue();		}	return true;}
I would say it does.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,125 posts
:huh: It's difficult to believe that you are a 15 year old girl, but if you say so.

working from extra

Major selling point imho. Thank you!

/EDIT 22/10

I installed your fakesmc + intelthermal & superio with winbond plugin today.
It works great but AUXTIN and one of my case fans is missing (FAN1 is the CPU fan). Compare with a screenshot of HWMonitor:
Attached File  Screen_shot_2010_10_21_at_10.22.02_PM.png   17.86KB   306 downloadsAttached File  HWMonitor.png   84.98KB   433 downloads
If I add NVClockX I get a kernel panic during boot. The one that doesn't even mention NVClockX was when booting the 10.6.0 install DVD.
Sorry about the quality, there's not enough ambient light here to take good photos in the evening :-)
Attached File  IMG_3700.JPG   331.25KB   200 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3701.JPG   266.91KB   118 downloads
Nvidia 9800GTX+ on unmodified drivers, motherboard is ASUS P5Q-E.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
Thanks mozodojo, working fine from Extra, W836x.kext shows northbridge and fans.

For those still looking for download link :huh:

Posted Image

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts

:huh: It's difficult to believe that you are a 15 year old girl, but if you say so.

Thank you. I take that as a complement.

You think I should use my picture instead of this avatar?

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 921 posts
OMG it works!

Before: Posted Image

After: Posted Image

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
Thanks mozodojo :huh:

Great Job

Posted Image

kozlek

kozlek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 331 posts
1. Readme actually is a license - I am not a good english writer.
2. Look for "downloads" section (thanks, oldnapalm).
3. kexts will work from S/L/E too
4. IntelThermal trying to autodetect TjMax value. If not using 100. TjMax value could be overriden via info.plist:

Attached File  __________________________2010_10_15____06.06.57.png   25.03KB   209 downloads

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

1. Readme actually is a license - I am not a good english writer.
2. Look for "downloads" section (thanks, oldnapalm).
3. kexts will work from S/L/E too
4. IntelThermal trying to autodetect TjMax value. If not using 100. TjMax value could be overriden via info.plist:

Attached File  __________________________2010_10_15____06.06.57.png   25.03KB   209 downloads

How is this project different from Slice's FakeSMC project? I have Slice's FakeSMC with 4 plugins in my /s/l/e folder. All appears to be properly detected on my rig - temps (CPU, GPU), fan, CPU voltage. Albeit, I still have no fan control.

Loaded FakeSMC plugins are as follow: FakeSMCIntelMonitor.kext, FakeSMCnVclockPort.kext, FakeSMCSuperIO.kext, FakeSMCACPIMonitor.kext

I'm an amateur, so please do elaborate.

kozlek

kozlek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 331 posts
DarwinX, if you open your FakeSMC and plugins info.plist, you could see who is creator.

In general It's the same project and the same developers. We was working together on the pervious version. This new version I decided to make works from Extra. Still waiting the team will join to me on github.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

DarwinX, if you open your FakeSMC and plugins info.plist, you could see who is creator.

In general It's the same project and the same developers. We was working together on the pervious version. This new version I decided to make works from Extra. Still waiting the team will join to me on github.

I do realize that you are involved with with both projects, hence the question. Given my FakeSMC state, is there a benefit to replacing it with yours? If so, do I completely remove Slice's FakeSMC and replace it with yours in /e/e/ folder? The placement of FakeSMC.kext is not that important to me by the way.

kozlek

kozlek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 331 posts
New FakeSMC will work only with new plugins. Older plugins and fakesmc is incompatible with new one.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,125 posts

The placement of FakeSMC.kext is not that important to me by the way.

Seriously? The major benefit is that since mozodojo's version works from /extra, you can use it on a boot CD or whatever else you use to boot a retail OS X installer. Previously you had to use Netkas' original version.

I would say that's pretty significant.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,174 posts
Fantastic development progression mozodojo. Working great from /Extra here. Thanks :)

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Seriously? The major benefit is that since mozodojo's version works from /extra, you can use it on a boot CD or whatever else you use to boot a retail OS X installer. Previously you had to use Netkas' original version.

I would say that's pretty significant.

True, however for existing installations, what are the benefits of the Mozodojo branch? How do I get NVidia GPU temp readout with it? Basically and logically, I merely desire to have the best available implementation of the FakeSMC for my particular rig. Naturally, regression would be undesirable, so if this branch offers more features, then it is something I am quite interested in. Beyond the read outs that I already do receive from my existing Slice's FakeSMC, what more is there and out of that what is further available in this particular branch? Is there any hope for fan control?

kozlek

kozlek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 331 posts
New version is under development.

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

New version is under development.

Current version works great! Whats the plan for the new one?

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Dear mozodojo thanks for your share and hard work. I have also been following the developments over ProjectOSX of slice, rubik and you and others; however, I see some lack of updates or interest...

So I remove FakeSMC v405 (latest ProjectOSX) from /S/L/E/ and include yours in /E/E but.... for us poor souls that don't have time to learn and compile, would you be so kind and offer us the full compiled binaries?

Is the link below the one I am looking for?
http://github.com/do...est.zip/qr_code

Finally, your FakeSMC main binary, is it the same as Netkas' 2.5 release some time ago, or is it a more developed, advanced version? I don't see a version in its Info.plist

Please let us know when you have updated your sources and provide a new binary to download!

Many many thanks! About to test it on my Q9550 ICH7 ITE8718F chipset mobo! Nevermind NVidia readings ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy