ATI Radeon HD6000, HD5000 and HD4000 series support in Chameleon

Kabyl

868 posts in this topic

All that happens with this is you get one extra mirrored display if your lucky and for sure you can if your lucky also run 64 bit which maby not always is so usefull since too many programs not run in 64 bit still. If your unlucky like me you spend oceans of time hours and hours trying to find out what´s not written trying to read between the lines and that is how the heck you do this and then at last when you finally find out and you actually managed to fire it up one time your mobo breaks or maby it´s the videocard. I mean it´s hard to tell but my monitors do not com on neither with my backup harddrive that I do experiments like this on or my working untouched man harddrive.

This is not cool and if you post stuff like this make sure you tell people exactly how to do it or just don´t post. There are too many threads here like this only telling half of what you need to know to make it work.

The amount of additional info that at least would have saved me a couple of weeks even though my computers still might have broken is just a couple of lines. I believe I could have put it down in under 20 words.

All that happens with this is you get one extra mirrored display if your lucky and for sure you can if your lucky also run 64 bit which maby not always is so usefull since too many programs not run in 64 bit still. If your unlucky like me you spend oceans of time hours and hours trying to find out what´s not written trying to read between the lines and that is how the heck you do this and then at last when you finally find out and you actually managed to fire it up one time your mobo breaks or maby it´s the videocard. I mean it´s hard to tell but my monitors do not com on neither with my backup harddrive that I do experiments like this on or my working untouched man harddrive.

This is not cool and if you post stuff like this make sure you tell people exactly how to do it or just don´t post. There are too many threads here like this only telling half of what you need to know to make it work.

The amount of additional info that at least would have saved me a couple of weeks even though my computers still might have broken is just a couple of lines. I believe I could have put it down in under 20 words.

Dude >> "[TESTING] ATI Radeon HD5xxx and HD4xxx support in Chameleon"

Take it or leave it but for sure once this is completed work you will be experiencing the benefits via GraphicsEnabler !

D

Hi to all!

Thank you for your great work! I recently updated my graphic to Powercolor Go!Green HD5750 because I experienced neerby freezes using my system (system became so slow, that it was not usable anymore).

Before I was using my AsereBLN's bootloader which worked for me until now. So I changed now, check my signature.

I will post my dumps asap.

What I expirience now are random KPs. I never had them before and I do not find anything in my user/library/logs - strange. maybe it has something to do with my DSDT.aml, used kexts in combination with the new r700 boot file?!

One graphic issue I expirienced is that from time to time my display turns black two times for a second and is back again. Graphiccard issue, VBIOS or framebuffer related?

Maybe somebody can check my signature and help me out if my combination obviously leeds to KP!

I attached my chameleon files (DSDT.aml contains powermangment for CPU)

Setup with two displays conected via DVI works.

Thanks in advance!

booter.zip

Since you can't read this..

First I would like to outline a few things:

• This isn't a HOW TO get your card working, this is a request for testing.
  • Don't ask how to install the booter, how to use or add a given booter flag or how to run an update, if you don't know how to do that yourself, then this isn't for you, yet, learn that elsewhere, and you're more than welcome here.
  • I don't take responsibility for any damage this may cause, so take your precautions before you use this.

..then I don't expect you to read a HOWTO, and if you did, I would be surprised if you could understand it.

Hi to all!

Thank you for your great work! I recently updated my graphic to Powercolor Go!Green HD5750 because I experienced neerby freezes using my system (system became so slow, that it was not usable anymore).

Before I was using my AsereBLN's bootloader which worked for me until now. So I changed now, check my signature.

I will post my dumps asap.

What I expirience now are random KPs. I never had them before and I do not find anything in my user/library/logs - strange. maybe it has something to do with my DSDT.aml, used kexts in combination with the new r700 boot file?!

One graphic issue I expirienced is that from time to time my display turns black two times for a second and is back again. Graphiccard issue, VBIOS or framebuffer related?

Maybe somebody can check my signature and help me out if my combination obviously leeds to KP!

I attached my chameleon files (DSDT.aml contains powermangment for CPU)

Setup with two displays conected via DVI works.

Thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same problem with the same Powercolor 5750 (passiv cooling).

Also I get random Black Screens and the whole System is freezed! I have this with "all Ati Booters" and with the old ATY_int method. And theres no Evenet in the Logs..strange

I know hat some other Ati 57xx User have the same Problem.

I dont think its a DSDT Problem. I made Tests with and without DSDT with the same Result. Im sure its caused by the ATI Drivers. Mabye because we use non standard Design Cards ?

For me it is a really big Problem, i hope we can find a Solution

I have exactly the same problem with the same Powercolor 5750 (passiv cooling).

Also I get random Black Screens and the whole System is freezed! I have this with "all Ati Booters" and with the old ATY_int method. And theres no Evenet in the Logs..strange

I know hat some other Ati 57xx User have the same Problem.

I dont think its a DSDT Problem. I made Tests with and without DSDT with the same Result. Im sure its caused by the ATI Drivers. Mabye because we use non standard Design Cards ?

For me it is a really big Problem, i hope we can find a Solution

Damn it and I thought it was a success story regarding to your post here . Maybe the card is the problem. I also had the issues on windows while gaming...

Did you try to use a VBIOS dumped in windows and put into extra folder?

Well I guess I will send the 5750 back to the shop I bought and try to swap to a hd 5770.

Any suggestions which HD 5770 I should take? Which card should give me biggest success? I do need two DVI ports.

What do you think about the:

1024MB Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Eyefinity GDDR5 PCIe

11163-02-20R

Thanks in advance!

Damn it and I thought it was a success story regarding to your post here . Maybe the card is the problem. I also had the issues on windows while gaming...

Did you try to use a VBIOS dumped in windows and put into extra folder?

No, the Card is 100% Rockstable in W7 Ultimate here! Only Snow Leopard makes the Problem!

Theres a Problem (BSOD, Black Screens)with Catalyst 10.12, maybe that is your Problem on Windows.

Downgrade to Cat 10.11 and you should have no Problems on W7.

Ofcourse i tried it with a Bios File extracted with latest GPU-Z, no differences and random Black (sometimes white)Screen freezes. Everythink else works perfect. 35fps in Cinebench, full OpenGL/QE CI .... nice Card so far.

But i by this Gigabyte 5770 (also passiv) and sell the 5750.

http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/products/product...spx?pid=3584#sp

I will report here if the new 5770 runs stable..i hope so.

However... a 6850 would be by far better for my needs (HDMi 1.4, 3D) but thers no Support on MAC, bah!

No, the Card is 100% Rockstable in W7 Ultimate here! Only Snow Leopard makes the Problem!

Theres a Problem (BSOD, Black Screens)with Catalyst 10.12, maybe that is your Problem on Windows.

Downgrade to Cat 10.11 and you should have no Problems on W7.

Ofcourse i tried it with a Bios File extracted with latest GPU-Z, no differences and random Black (sometimes white)Screen freezes. Everythink else works perfect. 35fps in Cinebench, full OpenGL/QE CI .... nice Card so far.

But i by this Gigabyte 5770 (also passiv) and sell the 5750.

http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/products/product...spx?pid=3584#sp

I will report here if the new 5770 runs stable..i hope so.

However... a 6850 would be by far better for my needs (HDMi 1.4, 3D) but thers no Support on MAC, bah!

Thank you for your feedback!

Yes I use Catalyst 10.12 in vista 64 - so this would explain stuttering . But mainly I am using OS X , therefore the graficcard neets to support 100% OS x.

I have PS3 for gaming so HD 5770 with two dvi should be ok. suggestions are welcome!

Since you can't read this..

..then I don't expect you to read a HOWTO, and if you did, I would be surprised if you could understand it.

I'm really floored. He sounds like a paying Apple customer, not a member of the OS X 'hacking' community. Kabyl, you made it so that I could stick a non-Apple RADEON 5850 into my system with practically no effort. I put more effort into sending you my ioreg file.

No sane person with a modicum of intellect doesn't appreciate your time and efforts in the community. THANK YOU!

Now, for anyone who thinks they're somehow owed by the community or doesn't want to take the time to understand what they're doing, please consider purchasing a real Macintosh - it's really the best way to go for you. Seriously, you'll be happier and save a great deal of time.

Also, for those that don't know how to install a boot-loader: LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU. (this is pretty funny if you haven't seen it before)

Apologies for the further clutter of this thread. I really didn't want to do it, but unmitigated gall really raises my ire.

Hello Kabyl,

thanks you very much for your last bootloader, i update today my graphic card for this one Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Eyefinity GDDR5 PCIe 1024 device id 1002_68b8 and it works great, non edit in any kext , I only put this flag ATYbinimage=Yes in Appleboot.plist and anything else, and it works full resolution and QE/CI.

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Modelo de chipset: ATI Radeon HD 5770

Tipo: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 1024 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x68b8

ID de la revisión: 0x0000

Pantallas:

Acer X223HQ:

Resolución: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Profundidad de píxel: Color de 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Rotación: Compatible

Conector de pantalla:

Estado: No hay ninguna pantalla conectada

Conector de pantalla:

Conector de pantalla:

Thanks!!!!!!! :D

Well I guess I will send the 5750 back to the shop I bought and try to swap to a hd 5770.

Any suggestions which HD 5770 I should take? Which card should give me biggest success? I do need two DVI ports.

What do you think about the:

1024MB Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Eyefinity GDDR5 PCIe

11163-02-20R

Thanks in advance!

Look this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...768&st=500#

Hello Kaybl,

Seems that there is a problem with the latest patch commit revision 700 (09.01.2011) on my machine.

I get an instant reboot after seeing Boot0 flash up on the screen. Your r674 version of the loader works fine.

I had updated to the latest chameleon revision before installing your boot file. c.a.B.p file is just a basic one.

Machine specs are AMD PhenomII 1090T, 4GB memory and HD5970 videocard.

This is fixed, seems I needed to add the AtiConfig=Uakari to my c.a.B.p file and now all is good.

@ Kabyl Even if you reiterated the fact a thousand times there will be a select few who will just go on a rage when something mistakenly happens for them. It's the internet these people do lurk about.

Btw he's implying your work isn't cool. In my country those are fightin' words :wub:

Hi Kabyl! Thanks for the hard work!

I can't seem to get this one to work. If I use "AtiConfig = Flicker" then it gives me "Unsupported card" and OS X wont finish booting as if my framebuffer is wrong although it's the one I'm currently using. If I change "kNull" to "kFlicker" for my card (which is a XFX hd 4650) then it seems to load the card and the bios properly... but gives me black screen.

The subsystem ID for my card is correct, maybe changing it to "kFlicker" isn't the only thing I need to change? Ideas?

I've included ioreg dump and lspci dump.

svenmike_dump.zip

Got my Gigabyte 5770 :D

http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&x...0%26start%3D500

@ Berlindude

This Card is very effective and cost onlyy around 130Euros and also she has a passiv cooling Solution!

1X HDMI/DVI/Display Port

Really nice Card imho (standard 5770 Desgin with blue PCB, PCI_E Power Input)!

I will report later, but i bet the Black Screen freeze is History now with the 5770.

Got my Gigabyte 5770 :D

http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&x...0%26start%3D500

@ Berlindude

This Card is very effective and cost onlyy around 130Euros and also she has a passiv cooling Solution!

1X HDMI/DVI/Display Port

Really nice Card imho (standard 5770 Desgin with blue PCB, PCI_E Power Input)!

I will report later, but i bet the Black Screen freeze is History now with the 5770.

It doesn't look like a reference design as it only has 1 DVI - you might need to try a few frame buffers in case Vervet doesn't work but if someone has already submitted results for this card then Kabyl's boot should load the right frame buffer automatically. Please post up your results with the LSPCI !

Ah, you are right, Reference Desgin has 2 DVI Outs. My new GV-R577SL-1GD only 1 DVI+HDMI+DP

Someone told me this Card will load fine with Vervet without Problems, i hope so.

I dont want a problematic Card again!

I will report the LSPCI Result later.

EDIT

DAMN! HDMI doesnt work, DVI works and wake from Sleep too under Vervet FB

I found this Thread and it looks like single HDMI doesnt work, DVI is stable and a 2 Monitor Setup works with DVI+DP to DVI Adapter together.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&a...00&start=10

At the Moment i dont need HDMI and 2 Displays. More importat is a stable System without Black Screen Freezes.

Are there some News about HDMI out on "Single DVI" 5770 Cards?

lspci Output:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:68b8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:21f6]

--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa58]

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:aa58]

Hey Aleister... that's my post over on tonymac and I've been banging my head against the wall with the HDMI port for about 2 months now.

Short answer is I haven't been able to get it working (not surprising since it is a non reference card). There'll probably be some solution eventually, but in the meantime DVI and DP (with or without a DP -> DVI active converter) will work fine. I've had that combination working with Kabyl's latest bootloader and the Vervet framebuffer for a while. If you are interested you can get HDMI working with the Uakari framebuffer as long as the DVI port has something connected to it as well, but you will get 'snow' on the DVI monitor so it's not really useful as a dual display setup.

All in all it's a great card if you can live with the current limitations with the hdmi output.

Ah, you are right, Reference Desgin has 2 DVI Outs. My new GV-R577SL-1GD only 1 DVI+HDMI+DP

Someone told me this Card will load fine with Vervet without Problems, i hope so.

I dont want a problematic Card again!

I will report the LSPCI Result later.

EDIT

DAMN! HDMI doesnt work, DVI works and wake from Sleep too under Vervet FB

I found this Thread and it looks like single HDMI doesnt work, DVI is stable and a 2 Monitor Setup works with DVI+DP to DVI Adapter together.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&a...00&start=10

At the Moment i dont need HDMI and 2 Displays. More importat is a stable System without Black Screen Freezes.

Are there some News about HDMI out on "Single DVI" 5770 Cards?

lspci Output:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:68b8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:21f6]

--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa58]

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:aa58]

Thank you.

Yep, thats what i found out too.

I really dont use Dual Displays with SL at the Moment. I use a DVI to HDMI Cable at the DVI Out and it works fine.

Its a great Card and im happy. The Main Reason to by "this" Card is the passiv cooling Solution cause i have a Ultra Silent System and i never by active Cooling GPUs.

Generally i dont need a 5770 Card because i was happy with the Powercolor passiv 5750. Nice Card so far.

But the Black Screen Freezes in SL was to much so i will sell the 5750...

PS

Sorry my English is not very good...

@Kabyl

Is there a Chance that you can take a look to the HDMI Out Problem with Single DVI Out 5770 Cards ?

The new update seems working for me, I don't see any difference in performance though and don't know if the seldom black screen problem that I used to have is still around. I will let you know if it appears again. No problem so far. Thank you for the great job!

Thank you.

Yep, thats what i found out too.

I really dont use Dual Displays with SL at the Moment. I use a DVI to HDMI Cable at the DVI Out and it works fine.

Its a great Card and im happy. The Main Reason to by "this" Card is the passiv cooling Solution cause i have a Ultra Silent System and i never by active Cooling GPUs.

Generally i dont need a 5770 Card because i was happy with the Powercolor passiv 5750. Nice Card so far.

But the Black Screen Freezes in SL was to much so i will sell the 5750...

PS

Sorry my English is not very good...

@Kabyl

Is there a Chance that you can take a look to the HDMI Out Problem with Single DVI Out 5770 Cards ?

Well i did set up a fresh install of os with r700 and now issues anymore with hd5750 - strange. No more KPs and no more blackscreens.

@FKA

We talking about the HDMI VIDEO OUT Problem on single DVI 5770 Cards...thats the Problem.

@Berlindude

Ofcourse i did dozens of fresh installs too... The First 2 days mostly without black Screens( maybe 1 Time)...but then....i think you will see it again sooner or later.

I can tell you i really tried "everything" what was possible. With and without DSDT, BiosTweaks/Updates, all ATi5000 Install Methods, all ATi Kext Versions since 10.6.4...But the Black Screen Freeze always came back.

I never had this Problem with other GPUs in SnowLeo.

And now i found a few users with the same Card and exactly the same Problem.

Its obvious that the Powercolor 5750 is the Reason

No Problems with the 5770 until now :)