DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

999 posts in this topic

I have tried to look for _L19 as well but nothing for that control method, I am up to _L0E only. I have never tried windows on this notebook, the first time I got my hands on it, I immediately installed Leopard on it thru iAtkos v7 distro.

Anyway, it is not that of a big deal.

On Leopard, I got RTL8101E Ethernet working thru some modified kext. But on SL, it is not working. It has matching device ID on RTL8169 kext info.plist but still I got self-assigned IP on my wired network.

For now, I am just happy I got lid sleep on LID close thru DSDT patch. Thanks guys for the tips.

To: El Coniglio & oldnapalm

Just like to know a few think:

When you load a dsl file you see:

[+] Scope _PR

Method PRIO

Method RDMA

Method _PIC

Method OSFL

Method MCTH

Method GPRW

Method OSYS

[+]Scope _SB

[+]Scope _SB

[+]Scope _SB

[+]Scope _SB

[+]Scope _SB.PCI0

[+]Scope _TZ

[+]Scope _SB.PCI0

[+]Scope _SB

Method _PTS

Method _WAK

Method PTS

Method WAK

1. Does all motherboards have the same setup and above as in the name use (eg _PR)?

2. Can you all show a picture of all the Scope & Method

3. Why are there so many “Scope _SB”?

4. Can you have 1 Scope _SB and have all the other Scope _SB fall under it?

The first [+] Scope _SB.PCI0 has a Method _OSC and

The second [+] Scope _SB.PCI0 has [+] Device GFX0

I was wondering if all fix can be based on the dsdt label that’s if all the dsdt labels on all the motherboards are the same.

I notes that my dsdt have 2 Scope \_GPE

1. Does all motherboards have the same setup and above as in the name use (eg _PR)?

2. Can you all show a picture of all the Scope & Method

3. Why are there so many “Scope _SB”?

4. Can you have 1 Scope _SB and have all the other Scope _SB fall under it?

The editor shows items in tree exactly as they are in DSDT. Each BIOS has its own DSDT structure. Some names are the same in various mobos (_PR, _SB, _GPE, ...) but some are not (SBRG, LPCB, ...), read namespace (5.3) of ACPI specification for detailed info.

That's the way your DSDT is organized, you could reorganize it, but I'm not sure if it would still work.

I was wondering if all fix can be based on the dsdt label that’s if all the dsdt labels on all the motherboards are the same.

The problem is that they are not the same on all mobos, that's why we included options to patch by label, _ADR and _HID.

The idea was to insert this method into scope _GPE and the _PRW into device LID.

About ethernet, did you try latest Realtek drivers (2.0.5) or the one by Lnx2Mac?

Hello OldNap,

I have the new realtek drivers as well as the lnx2mac driver. I still get the same issue with my ethernet, self-assigned ip, when i tried the RealtekR1000 from psystar, it installed fine but it take a long time for my hackbook to boot, and ethernet is not connected. It seems that I have a h/w problem than a s/w problem.

do you mean insert _L19 to _GPE and _PRW inside device LID? And what would be the value?

do you mean insert _L19 to _GPE and _PRW inside device LID? And what would be the value?

I would try the values suggested by kizwan

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
					{
						0x19,
						0x03
					})

Method (_L19, 0, NotSerialized)
	{
		Store (0x19, P80H)
		Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x02)
	}

For what I understood from ACPI spec and this post, the first value in _PRW package should coincide with _Lxx method in scope _GPE. I didn't understand what's the second value though.

from GB EP43 DS3L

cartri.net realse 0.8  (EP43DS3L.08)

i can ask him about the orientation of the Scopes, but every thing is on lock and keys with his project now, untill he completes it. with bootloader in bios and no need for dsdt.

maybe he needs to make a bootrom, like put the loader into a etherboot wrapper like gPXE, and put it in his GB mac bios.

post-293560-1286911676_thumb.jpg

dsdl2.zip

If you are using a modified BIOS I guess you shouldn't need to edit DSDT, since it's already modified for Mac OS.

By the screenshot I think you are using and old version of the editor (no "fix errors" button in compile window).

I need a fix file for this patch (call this patch OSFL.txt). Thank you

i change _T_0 to T_0

Method (OSFL, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (LNotEqual (OSVR, Ones))

{

Return (OSVR)

}

Name (T_0, Zero)

Store (OSYS (), T_0)

If (LEqual (T_0, One))

{

Store (0x03, OSVR)

}

Else

{

If (LEqual (T_0, 0x10))

{

Store (One, OSVR)

}

Else

{

If (LEqual (T_0, 0x11))

{

Store (0x02, OSVR)

}

Else

{

If (LEqual (T_0, 0x12))

{

Store (0x04, OSVR)

}

Else

{

If (LEqual (T_0, 0x13))

{

Store (Zero, OSVR)

}

Else

{

If (LEqual (T_0, 0x14))

{

Store (Zero, OSVR)

}

Else

{

If (LEqual (T_0, 0x15))

{

Store (Zero, OSVR)

}

}

}

}

}

}

}

Return (OSVR)

}

error message "invalid object type for reserved name (found BUFFER, requires Package)" fix

look for "Name (_PLD, Buffer (0x10)"

and repleace with "Name (_PLD, Package (0x10)"

call this fix BufferX10.txt

Sorry, I messed the version numbers, forgot to increment in last release. Please download from post #1 again.

About the reserved names remarks, mmesh made a patch here, I will add to the package in next release

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1557937

"found BUFFER, requires Package" should be auto fixed in latest version.

I'm pulling hair here, I have an a660 149 toshiba laptop, it has taken weeks to get a working system, most of it works even all cpu cores using tscsync.kext from voodoo (thanks)

but now I have mystery KP when I switch on, sometimes immediatley and sometimes after sound kext loads.

was hoping someone could scan my dsdt for any obvious errors...

i'm a noob who is lost.....

dsdt.aml.zip

@fbifido

Your changes look fine, but I don't know if all patches you applied are really needed (LPC, SATA).

Patch for "Possible operator timeout is ignored"

into_all all code_regex (Acquire\s\(MUTE,\s0x)....\)
replace_matched
begin
%1FFFF)
end

@surfstu

What did you change in your DSDT? I see you added method DTGP but it's not used. It has several compiling errors (with latest IASL) that can be auto fixed by the editor.

If you post a picture of the KP screen it may be easier to find the cause than looking at the DSDT.

I would try the values suggested by kizwan

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
					{
						0x19,
						0x03
					})

Method (_L19, 0, NotSerialized)
	{
		Store (0x19, P80H)
		Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x02)
	}

For what I understood from ACPI spec and this post, the first value in _PRW package should coincide with _Lxx method in scope _GPE. I didn't understand what's the second value though.

Understood, It could be a different level, I can use any arbitrary number not used under _GPE scope and insert _PRW on LID device?

Might try that this weekend. I have so many things to do, my hands are full. It really gets exciting.

thanks oldnapalm,

incorrect image signature flashes up then it goes into KP after it says 'system uptime --- nano seconds'

then sometimes it makes it past this and causes KP just after sound arrives, I will get the screen print!

also my 330m 1gb nvidia card is very pixelated? it does have acceleration but the screen is not great, can something be patched in the dsdt to fix this?

cheers stuart

@Nameci

I guess it could be any number not used. Since your DSDT doesn't have _L19 you can use the same values as kizwan.

@surfstu

I read in this topic your video card works with GraphicsEnabler, but you can use DSDT too. If acceleration is working but you can't change resolutions, you may need to insert the device ID in NVDAResman.kext, please read this topic.

@kerr

I believe iOS doesn't run Java applications, so no port is planned.

@fbifido

Your changes look fine, but I don't know if all patches you applied are really needed (LPC, SATA).

Patch for "Possible operator timeout is ignored"

into_all all code_regex (Acquire\s\(MUTE,\s0x)....\)
replace_matched
begin
%1FFFF)
end

???????   (Acquire\s\(MUTE,\s0x)....\) ????????

i tried copy and paste this code but got error message

how do you tell dsdt editor using patch to search for "string1" and replace with "string2"?

Sorry, I messed the version numbers, forgot to increment in last release. Please download from post #1 again.

About the reserved names remarks, mmesh made a patch here, I will add to the package in next release

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1557937

"found BUFFER, requires Package" should be auto fixed in latest version.

Can you make one change on the first post?

1.  under download just add "Last Update: Date (dd/mm/yyyy)"

@fbifido

Can you suggest, what fix i should have used to make it mac-able?

I have a raw copy of my dsdt.dsl file up, can you check it out?

Can you request from the DSDT EDITOR to see if he could include a suggested fix pop-up for this program, and base it on the lable names, like "you need fix HPET.txt".

We also need a lable-database

like: sample

MAC   -   PC  Gigabyte  MSI   ECS  AROCK  ....

HPET              *           *      *      HET   

RTC                *          #       *      RCT

* - same as mac

# - don't have

???????   (Acquire\s\(MUTE,\s0x)....\) ????????

i tried copy and paste this code but got error message

how do you tell dsdt editor using patch to search for "string1" and replace with "string2"?

Did you copy and paste all the code? Try loading from file, I tried with your DSDT and it works.

Possible_operator_timeout_is_ignored.txt

For a single string replacement you can use

into_all all code_regex string1 replaceall_matched begin string2 end

The "Possible operator timeout is ignored" patch above will replace any value (used as second argument for Acquire (MUTE, 0x????)) by 0xFFFF.

Can you make one change on the first post?

1.  under download just add "Last Update: Date (dd/mm/yyyy)"

Done.

Great

work like a charm

:)

i just got it, i had to type it out in one line. :( 

Did you copy and paste all the code? Try loading from file, I tried with your DSDT and it works.

Possible_operator_timeout_is_ignored.txt

For a single string replacement you can use

into_all all code_regex string1 replaceall_matched begin string2 end

The "Possible operator timeout is ignored" patch above will replace any value (used as second argument for Acquire (MUTE, 0x????)) by 0xFFFF.

Done.

Thank you.

Can you suggest, what fix i should have used to make it mac-able?

I have a raw copy of my dsdt.dsl file up, can you check it out?

We need more information than the DSDT to suggest which patches should be applied. For example, to know if you need the LPC patch, you have to check if the original ID of your LPC device is listed under IONameMatch of AppleLPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist and if the kext is being loaded.

Can you request from the DSDT EDITOR to see if he could include a suggested fix pop-up for this program, and base it on the lable names, like "you need fix HPET.txt".

As you already suggested, we would have to merge the "System Info" parser and grab some more info to do this. The initial idea of this editor was not to be a "click and you are done" app, but to help new users to understand the DSDT structure (tree view) and learn how to apply a patch by observing what the automated patches do (patcher preview/before/after). Surely we could implement some of your good suggestions, but it will take some time, since this is a hobby project for both me and my brother (el coniglio) who is the developper of this app. Maybe if he doesn't want to improve it anymore, I will ask him to release the source.

We also need a lable-database

like: sample

MAC   -   PC  Gigabyte  MSI   ECS  AROCK  ....

HPET              *           *      *      HET   

RTC                *          #       *      RCT

* - same as mac

# - don't have

I saw you did a good work with the renaming patch, it would be nice if you could help us with this. I won't work on renaming patches because I see no advantage renaming the devices, I'm satisfied with the OS running fine. Some friends reported faster boot using your patch, but I noticed no difference. Did you remove any devices?