10.4.7 is out

175 posts in this topic

extracted the update and noticed there's some universal geforce bundles and a kext in there I don't remember seeing before (they're not present on my 10.4.6 anyway) - any idea if these might actually be functional?

i would update my guide for Intel Only. only there is less changed in this, so it's not just cut and paste. there is less to do actually. i'm going to play around with it for a few hours first, and check out new things.

for those that are up to it, and confident, it's really only a matter of deselection via Pacifist

and replacing with the Semjaza Decrypteds.

they've added mount_cddfs to this update, i guess that is cool. :whistle:

no luck so far on the nvidia drivers, i get a cannot resolve dependencies when trying to load geforce.kext, but I'm likely missing a step somewhere. Copied in all of the geforceGL bundles and the geforceGA.plugin and set appropriate permissions first. This is working off of 10.4.6 btw.

Now, im getting a Macbook, and i was wondering if they put a final version of Boot Camp in this release. I read on apple.com somewhere that Boot Camp would be final in 10.4.7........so, does anyone know? I wanna be able to put XP on my Macbook.

Now, im getting a Macbook, and i was wondering if they put a final version of Boot Camp in this release. I read on apple.com somewhere that Boot Camp would be final in 10.4.7........so, does anyone know? I wanna be able to put XP on my Macbook.

Where did you see that on apple's website? I never heard them say anything that Boot Camp would be final in 10.4.7 I have heard that they are going to put it in 10.5.

Looks like upgrading all the ATI* files within /System/Library/Extensions to the 10.4.7 versions will not fix mouse tearing. I'm using ATIRadeon9700.kext (updated the Info.plist file) on my Radeon X850XT.

I'm still on 10.4.4 should I bother upgrading. So far everytime I've upgraded I've ended up reinstalling.

I really don't think your Nvidia and ATI cards will ever be supported by Apple. They are only going to support the cards they sell. On the other hand, there's no harm in trying and I' m sure you have heard that before.

When the Mac Pros come out, they'll be releasing the first Intel Apple computer that has an easily upgradeable video card. Thus, they will have to take the cap off all their video card restraints. This would explain why they bothered to continually update their ATi and nVidia drivers, which are geared toward many cards that currently aren't present in any exisiting Intel Macs as of now. Speculation? Yes, but it makes sense.

I originally thought the Mac Pros would have Leopard pre-installed. But even if they do, Apple must maintain backwards compatability so that anyone using a Mac Pro could technically install Tiger, should they choose to do so for whatever reason. If somebody decides to install Tiger on their Mac Pro, which could have an upgraded nVidia or ATi card for gaming, that person shouldn't be left in the cold.

Is it true that 10.4.7 ATi framebuffer driver doesn't work at all for even x1600 cards? (I just ordered a Sapphire x1600 pro...)

I originally thought the Mac Pros would have Leopard pre-installed. But even if they do, Apple must maintain backwards compatability so that anyone using a Mac Pro could technically install Tiger, should they choose to do so for whatever reason. If somebody decides to install Tiger on their Mac Pro, which could have an upgraded nVidia or ATi card for gaming, that person shouldn't be left in the cold.

This is incorrect - Apple doesn't support installing older versions of OS X on new macs - often they won't support versions older than the version on the install dvd that comes with the machine (eg; the dual core G5's can't run 10.4.0)...

Not only are older versions not supported - often the dvd won't even boot...

I'm on 10.4.6. And for those of you who are still using older builds, yes, it is VERY safe to update to 10.4.6 (using the patched dmgs of course). 10.4.7 for hackintoshs would probably debut in 2-3 weeks time. That's if Maxxus the oS X hack guru shows up ...

We'll likely just need new decrypts of any encrypted files, which Semjanza (sp?) can easily do. We'll still be using the old-ass kernel, of course, until Maxxuss comes back from the dead to update it.

/blkblt

yeah, you need to be sure and WAIT for the hacked patch for 10.4.7, you CANNOT use Software Update to apply upgrade. i though it might work, so i tryed it, and it didnt. at the end of the install the system freezes and you are forced to hold power for 5 sec, or unplug. upon resart, grey apple screen appears for a few seconds (without loading circle thing) then the computer restarts, this cycle is infinite and cannot be fixed except by a reinstall from 10.4.6 DVD by JaS (or whatever you used to install). if someone finds a fix at this point, let me know, thanks. gateway4tt@gmail.com

i will wait for the next major release, Already 10.4.6 screwed my hackintosh. I am safe with 10.4.3 with all my devices working gud

10.4.3 is a dev beta. While it's significantly better than previous betas, it still lacks the functionality of the final version (10.4.4). Did you try to use the 10.4.6 upgrade guide? - You need 10.4.5 first. I suppose the easiest upgrade path is to nab one of the patched 10.4.6 install DVDs from the interweb, but it's up to you.