**Updated** SleepEnabler for 10.6.5

Onixs

164 posts in this topic

i would like to thank you alot a thousand thank you i just managed to load 10.2.0 darwin in my hp 6543 laptop now i have alc 268 working touchpad working wifi working since i have atheros card extra installed beyound the system

so first ihad 10.6.2 with 10.0.0 as many of you, but i tried this one i reinstaled MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.2.dmg but i didnt restart then i execute myHack_Installer_1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg (please select costumize and choose your options i didnt select sleepenabler)after execution finished i copy and paste the above sleepenabler kext to my extra extensions folder and i hit restart .after restart all work with 10.2.0 thanks again

I stupidly updated to 10.6.2 without checking around first and I'm getting the sleepenabler kp. I managed to delete the kext by sticking my hdd in my windows pc and using MacDrive.

But even without the kext i still get the kp.

What am I doing wrong?

I saw somewhere that I may need to rebuild the extentions.mkext but how can I do that without a functioning osx partition?

As you can tell I'm a complete noob. I was actually suprised with how flawlessly my hackintosh has worked up until this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I stupidly updated to 10.6.2 without checking around first and I'm getting the sleepenabler kp. I managed to delete the kext by sticking my hdd in my windows pc and using MacDrive.

But even without the kext i still get the kp.

What am I doing wrong?

I saw somewhere that I may need to rebuild the extentions.mkext but how can I do that without a functioning osx partition?

As you can tell I'm a complete noob. I was actually suprised with how flawlessly my hackintosh has worked up until this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

when you add or remove kexts you always have to rebuild caches or it will KP.

boot with usb chameleon with -x to enter safe mode and then put new sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.2 and rebuild caches.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I done the 10.6.2 update directly from SnowLoepard with the Apple Software update.

I rebooted the computer and KernerPanic.

So , I installed MacDrive (genius software) on My Windows 7 , I deleted SleepEnabler.ktext and I copied the new one.

I rebooted on Snow Leopard without KernalPanic ==>> coool

I installed Ilfie09 and the SL decided to reboot again the computer after this installation.

After this reboot , there is again a kernalPanic when SnowLeopard tried to boot.

I have this issue but I don't know really why ?

Maybe somebody have any suggestion ?

Hello

I done the 10.6.2 update directly from SnowLoepard with the Apple Software update.

I rebooted the computer and KernerPanic.

So , I installed MacDrive (genius software) on My Windows 7 , I deleted SleepEnabler.ktext and I copied the new one.

I rebooted on Snow Leopard without KernalPanic ==>> coool

I installed Ilfie09 and the SL decided to reboot again the computer after this installation.

After this reboot , there is again a kernalPanic when SnowLeopard tried to boot.

I have this issue but I don't know really why ?

Maybe somebody have any suggestion ?

Solved !

In fact I deleted /Extra/Extensions/fakesms.kext and replaced it by the new one in this forum (fakesmc v2 in google ..)

Using Gigabyte g41m-e2sl this kext works for me. However it appears that CPU (Core 2 Duo, 8200) runs hotter than before, about 40-50 degrees - even when CPU load is less than 30%.

Do you think this is normal?

UPDATE: Sleepenabler works perfect, high temperature was cpu-load caused by spotlight and new attached HD.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the KP also but i have a ATI xt 2600 pro pci e card so i was way behind the curver after i did the 10.6.2 upgrade to nektas fakesmc v.2 drop it in dumped all my ati card drivers and swap them out from my 10.6 usb stick redid permissions and im doing fine and i threw a old realtek 1000 driver cause everytime i did the update it killed my eithernet then ran kext utilty and im writting u from the machine.

ep43 ud3l

q6600

saffire xt 2600

now QE is the next move.

u dont have to bother your windows 7 drive like other guys do,,

good luck with your build im sure u will get it to werk...

happy new year

Justgeeking

• 3 weeks later...

Google: 10.6.3 sleepenabler

My old 945 GNTLKR with D945 Pentium works well with annappirtrvh v2 -kernel, 10.6.3 sleepenabler, new fixed IOATAfamily kext (have one ide) and last fakesmc.kext.

This 3 kext and modified kernel is necessary. (and last chameleon of course)

Sigmatel 9220 works with VoodooHDA 0.2.51 and sata yellow icon is fixed with ahciportinjector and ioahciblockstorageinjector.

Everything else is vanilla.

Tuure

-.-

• 2 weeks later...

I updated my 10.6.1 to 10.6.2. I updated the sleepenabler.kext which works to the point that I don't see any KPs. However, I get no video pass the apple bootup screen... screen goes black after the spinning gear. On 10.6.1 I enabled my nVidia 8800GT 512MB with EFI, so I am not sure if the problem is caused by the sleepenabler.kext or by some other thing on 10.6.2. Has anyone seen something similar? Sorry if it is the EFI string... did not mean to post on the wrong thread.

No more KP on SL 10.6.2

it seems to work to me... but it really doesn't ;)

go to sleep, go wake but i try to see an .avi or listen some music, the audio doesn't work properly.

some strange noise over.

anybody has an idea to how to fix this?

i use voodooHDA.kext

Hi folks !

I can't find sleepenabler.* files on my OS X 10.6 partition... where do I have to copy the files from netkas to ???

I also can't find AppleIntel*.* on my OS X 10.6 partition... can anyone tell me how to delete the requested files and bring 10.6.2 to boot again ?

I updated a running 10.6 vanilla installation to 10.6.2 and I got kernel panics while booting, KP on sleepenabler and can't find any files to remove/replace with sleepenabler from netkas...

Any help would be great !!! :-)

future_former

Can someone please guide me to get this updated on my hack. I have Hazard 10.6.2 works great on my Acer 4810T timeline laptop except "Sleep". I have all the kexts required installed too but it does not work.

When I click "Sleep", I hear the hard disk spins down and at the same time it freezes my laptop. Noting happens from there and I have to do a hard shutdown and then restart.

Please I need someone's help so badly. This is the only thing annoying me so far on this beauty.

Thanks in advance...//

Were U mentioning me in this post Digital? LOL

I'd assume this SE update is backward compatible with the older kernel versions of SL?

MAJ

Edit: Just saw post above after posting. Guess I'd better keep both just in case.

So, ouch. These updates are going to get a little tricky for those who don't RTFM! Expect more noobiies and KPs! :P

For those at whom restart after a sleep

screenshot20091112at121.png

screenshot20091112at122.png

I have a EP45-UDP3 at 10.6.2 and systems goes to sleep but the does not wake properly (it does the looping restart thing on wakeup... UD3P owners will know what I am talking about)

Also, I don't have the optoin "Startup Automatically after a power failure"

Anyone know how I get this option back (or what might cause it not to be there)?

Could this be related to the problem of not waking properly from sleep?

Thanks