• 79 posts
Thank you, this worked!

lemka

lemka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello, Dell Latitude m4400, after 10.6.2 software update, booting with KP, in W7 with macdrive replace SleepEnabler.kext, but still KP on boot ;), I try delete /S/L/Caches, dont help ...

i try delete dmos.kext, I havent KP but system still booting and booting 20min with Apple logo .. ;)

any help please, advice ? Attached File  KP.JPG   119.31KB   293 downloads

jeffrey1790

jeffrey1790

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
^^ use fakesmc instead of dsmos

lemka

lemka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

^^ use fakesmc instead of dsmos

ok, thanks, google already help, please can you explane me, what exactly do fakesmc, dsmos, and diferences ?

thanks again

tiomka

tiomka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have 10.6.2 with 10.0.0 (new kernel would not boot, had to use the one from 10.6.0 install)
Old SleepEnabler.kext gives restart screens
New (netkas version) give KP on boot

Will this one work with 10.0.0?

Computer works without SleepEnabler, but doesn't fully go to sleep and needs to be restarted if I try to put it to sleep.
I'm on p5w DH Deluxe. 10.5.8 slept perfect.

Any suggestions?

shockre

shockre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
new sleepenabler doesnt work with old kernel

leras

leras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i would like to thank you alot a thousand thank you i just managed to load 10.2.0 darwin in my hp 6543 laptop now i have alc 268 working touchpad working wifi working since i have atheros card extra installed beyound the system
so first ihad 10.6.2 with 10.0.0 as many of you, but i tried this one i reinstaled MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.2.dmg but i didnt restart then i execute myHack_Installer_1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg (please select costumize and choose your options i didnt select sleepenabler)after execution finished i copy and paste the above sleepenabler kext to my extra extensions folder and i hit restart .after restart all work with 10.2.0 thanks again

joealanjones

joealanjones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I stupidly updated to 10.6.2 without checking around first and I'm getting the sleepenabler kp. I managed to delete the kext by sticking my hdd in my windows pc and using MacDrive.

But even without the kext i still get the kp.

What am I doing wrong?

I saw somewhere that I may need to rebuild the extentions.mkext but how can I do that without a functioning osx partition?

As you can tell I'm a complete noob. I was actually suprised with how flawlessly my hackintosh has worked up until this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

shockre

shockre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I stupidly updated to 10.6.2 without checking around first and I'm getting the sleepenabler kp. I managed to delete the kext by sticking my hdd in my windows pc and using MacDrive.

But even without the kext i still get the kp.

What am I doing wrong?

I saw somewhere that I may need to rebuild the extentions.mkext but how can I do that without a functioning osx partition?

As you can tell I'm a complete noob. I was actually suprised with how flawlessly my hackintosh has worked up until this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

when you add or remove kexts you always have to rebuild caches or it will KP.
boot with usb chameleon with -x to enter safe mode and then put new sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.2 and rebuild caches.

jeffrey1790

jeffrey1790

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

For those at whom restart after a sleep

Posted Image
Posted Image

this didnt work. :(

teknokracy

teknokracy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I tried booting using -x and I still get the same KP. The SleepEnabler doesn't even exist anymore in S/L/E... is there a way to rebuild using a different Mac or Hackintosh?

sqalg

sqalg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello

I done the 10.6.2 update directly from SnowLoepard with the Apple Software update.
I rebooted the computer and KernerPanic.
So , I installed MacDrive (genius software) on My Windows 7 , I deleted SleepEnabler.ktext and I copied the new one.

I rebooted on Snow Leopard without KernalPanic ==>> coool

I installed Ilfie09 and the SL decided to reboot again the computer after this installation.

After this reboot , there is again a kernalPanic when SnowLeopard tried to boot.

I have this issue but I don't know really why ?

Maybe somebody have any suggestion ?

sqalg

sqalg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello

I done the 10.6.2 update directly from SnowLoepard with the Apple Software update.
I rebooted the computer and KernerPanic.
So , I installed MacDrive (genius software) on My Windows 7 , I deleted SleepEnabler.ktext and I copied the new one.

I rebooted on Snow Leopard without KernalPanic ==>> coool

I installed Ilfie09 and the SL decided to reboot again the computer after this installation.

After this reboot , there is again a kernalPanic when SnowLeopard tried to boot.

I have this issue but I don't know really why ?

Maybe somebody have any suggestion ?

Solved !
In fact I deleted /Extra/Extensions/fakesms.kext and replaced it by the new one in this forum (fakesmc v2 in google ..)

roberdo

roberdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Using Gigabyte g41m-e2sl this kext works for me. However it appears that CPU (Core 2 Duo, 8200) runs hotter than before, about 40-50 degrees - even when CPU load is less than 30%.
Do you think this is normal?

UPDATE: Sleepenabler works perfect, high temperature was cpu-load caused by spotlight and new attached HD.

justgeeking

justgeeking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Pro Audio & Video
I got the KP also but i have a ATI xt 2600 pro pci e card so i was way behind the curver after i did the 10.6.2 upgrade to nektas fakesmc v.2 drop it in dumped all my ati card drivers and swap them out from my 10.6 usb stick redid permissions and im doing fine and i threw a old realtek 1000 driver cause everytime i did the update it killed my eithernet then ran kext utilty and im writting u from the machine.

ep43 ud3l
q6600
saffire xt 2600
now QE is the next move.

u dont have to bother your windows 7 drive like other guys do,,
good luck with your build im sure u will get it to werk...
happy new year
Justgeeking

drbee

drbee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi, I am getting KP with new sleepenabler right after it loads at boot but only in 64bit mode. If I boot in 32bit works perfect. Anyone has any Idea why this could happen?

Thanks

CleitonHipolito

CleitonHipolito

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The New SleepEnabler works better with darwin 10.2, some troubles with 10.0
Try to update installing myHack_Installer_1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg.zip
Please, note your kexts used in Extra/Extensions Folder, installing exaclty as once,
but replacing the sleepenabler with the new one at this page.

tle88

tle88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Google: 10.6.3 sleepenabler

My old 945 GNTLKR with D945 Pentium works well with annappirtrvh v2 -kernel, 10.6.3 sleepenabler, new fixed IOATAfamily kext (have one ide) and last fakesmc.kext.

This 3 kext and modified kernel is necessary. (and last chameleon of course)

Sigmatel 9220 works with VoodooHDA 0.2.51 and sata yellow icon is fixed with ahciportinjector and ioahciblockstorageinjector.

Everything else is vanilla.

Tuure

-.-

betito

betito

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I updated my 10.6.1 to 10.6.2. I updated the sleepenabler.kext which works to the point that I don't see any KPs. However, I get no video pass the apple bootup screen... screen goes black after the spinning gear. On 10.6.1 I enabled my nVidia 8800GT 512MB with EFI, so I am not sure if the problem is caused by the sleepenabler.kext or by some other thing on 10.6.2. Has anyone seen something similar? Sorry if it is the EFI string... did not mean to post on the wrong thread.

Frogfeet

Frogfeet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
thanks for this netkas. i'm about to upgrade to sl and will use this. cheers from rainy paris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy