**Updated** SleepEnabler for 10.6.5

Onixs

164 posts in this topic

Haha! Victory is mine! I ween! I'm a weener!

Okay. So, I started updating to 10.6.4 yesterday at around 10am. It's now roughly 4:40pm the next day. Whew! That was a long painful process.

Lessons learned:

When creating a hackintosh on a Dell Mini 10v, it's best to also create a working USB install of SL that will allow you full access to the system should your main drive become unbootable. Trying to work from the USB Install DVD was frustrating because you only have access to the terminal (with barebones commands and no sudo) and NetbookInstaller. I managed an overly complex install of SL onto an 8GB USB stick using an old beatup external drive, a partition trick to ignore the bad sectors on that drive and CCC to clone the install to the USB stick. It's just the essential software and it's from the original retail 10.6, but it allows me to boot and fix issues - like deleting kexts and editing plists. I don't know why, but recovery=y has never worked for me... and during a kernel panic, neither has any of the other options -s, -f, -x... or any combination thereof. So, the USB install is quite helpful. I have the latest NBI (20100616212351) downloaded on that USB drive so that I can run it with the main drive as the target - even though, the USB drive itself uses the 0.8.3 NBI.

Also, when re-running NBI, I found it best to backup /Extra and then delete it - allowing NBI to recreate it completely. In addition to running the latest NBI, I deleted the unused ATI/GeForce kexts to be safe. I'm not using a SleepEnabler kext at all and it seems to be working fine.

So, now it's up and working, I've installed the latest updates (Graphics Update excepted... I'm not ready to risk that one yet).

• 3 weeks later...

can someone clarify something...

after reading countless threads here are my questions from people going back and forth

Clean 10.6.4 Snow Leopard Install (not upgraded from 10.5)

Gateway 6860FX

Intel Core 2 Duo

Before i installed it (downloaded link on 1st page as of 10/4/10), sleep would lock down the computer and i had to force a shutdown to bring it back up. now that i installed it. when i go to put it to sleep it will sleep for about 5 seconds, then wake up. I have gone to power save settings and checked all the boxes.

1) Should SleepEnabler.kext should be in the Extra/Extension folder (where i have it currently)

or

should it be in the Library/Extensions

or

does it not matter which one its in?

2) Does this work with Null CPUPowerManagement?

i have the following in my Extra/Extension folders

Screenshot2010-10-04at113901PM.png

I just tried the latest kext from first post on my system - an HP Pavilion p6340f desktop - core2Quad with 8Gb ram running a retail install of 10.6.4. It worked! The screen went blank and the power light turned orange. The only thing I had to remember was to turn the hard drive back on before I tried to wake up.

My system is a dual boot with Windows 7 on the internal hard drive and OS X is installed on an external hardware raid 1 drive which powers off 15 seconds after the system shuts down.

My current list of kext in /Extra/Extensions is:

AnyAppleUSBKeyboard.kext
AnyAppleUSBMouse.kext
AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
fakesmc.kext

Many thanks for sharing this work.

For all of you with instant wake problems after sleep, try the attached kext to your s/l/e. Make sure to back up your previous one.

This kext correctly forced my usb devices to goto sleep. Before adding this kext, the internal memory card reader (running on usb) was waking up the computer.

I have problem waking from sleep.. ( hard disk spins for 6~10 seconds then stop, fan is running, mouse and keyboard is dead, monitor dead, have to reset computer)..

This kext does not help.

Using 10.6.4 iAntares with ALL Apple update patches...

I shouldn't have updated . -_-

I have problem waking from sleep.. ( hard disk spins for 6~10 seconds then stop, fan is running, mouse and keyboard is dead, monitor dead, have to reset computer)..

What is your hibernate mode ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Update

Here is the proper SleepEnabler that works for 10.6.5. It is for both 32 & 64Bit.

SleepEnabler_10.6.5_x32_64.zip

After following the below, I am still having trouble after a reboot. It seems that the os is putting my monitor or maybe video card to sleep. The only way I can get the computer to awake is if I momentarily press the power button sending it to sleep and then rewaking it. Any help or suggestions would great, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike

System specs:

Dell Studio XPS 9100

Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz CPU

6GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5870

1. Install the system using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] boot disk and a Mac OS X 10.6.3 retail DVD.

2. Reboot with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] boot disk and choose the hard drive.

3. Install the Mac OS X 10.6.5 update using the standalone combo updater.

4. I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].pkg 2.5.1 and used the following options:

• [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for Unsupported CPU

• System Utilities

• Voodoo HDA 0.2.2

• ATY_Init Vervet

• Realtek R1000SL

• fakesmc

• Ev0reboot

• LegacyAppleRTC

• NullCPUPowerManagement

• 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No

• smbios.plist iMac Core i7

• USB Rollback

and edited the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and set the Kernel Flags to be:

Quote:

arch=i386 busratio=21 -force64

I also Installed SleepEnabler.kext in /Extra/Extensions

• 2 weeks later...
For all of you with instant wake problems after sleep, try the attached kext to your s/l/e. Make sure to back up your previous one.

This kext correctly forced my usb devices to goto sleep. Before adding this kext, the internal memory card reader (running on usb) was waking up the computer.

This IOUSBFamily.kext killed all my USB ports. The sleep works great, but I lose all my USB ports. All that is kept working is Trackpad and Keyboard. Do you how can I solve it?

You can workaround this issue for now by loading SleepEnabler.kext from any directory besides /S/L/E and /E/E with a script. Hence it works when you load the kext after the OS has booted up, you do need a fix for VoodooHDA Audio and USB (possibly).

I updated to 10.6.5 and got the kernel panic, so I deleted

/Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext and /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext with Macdrive

I tryed to install this sleepEnabler and got another kernel panic, but now the files are not there and I can´t delete them to avoid the kernel panic.

any suggestions?