**Updated** SleepEnabler for 10.6.5

Onixs

164 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
+1

People have been claiming that sleep works but no one wants to share how it's done. ;)

Using SleepEnabler for 10.6.5 or what ?

I am using 10.6.5 with the 64 bit fix on 10.6.6 and it works.

SLEEP NOW WORKS FINE FOR ME.

I updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.5, booted into my rescue OS X, updated SleepEnabler.kext with this version ->

SleepEnabler for 10.6.5 32-/64-bit

rebuild kext caches and permissions and rebooted... hoorray ! kernel panic ! :)

Then I deleted NullCPUPowermanagement.kext from /Extras/Extensions, rebuild permissions and caches and... yippieh ! It WORKES in 64-bit mode !!!

Sleep is working fine, everything else, too. The only issue is that I can't normally reboot, the system hangs in shutdown process. I have to choose Power off or to press my reset switch.

future_former

SleepEnabler.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a dell latitude D620 and D630. Both have 10.6.4 installed. I want to upgrade to 10.6.6 but it kernel panics all the time. Could my Sleepenabler be the cause. Someone with the same model please help me.

SLEEP NOW WORKS FINE FOR ME.

I updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.5, booted into my rescue OS X, updated SleepEnabler.kext with this version ->

SleepEnabler for 10.6.5 32-/64-bit

rebuild kext caches and permissions and rebooted... hoorray ! kernel panic ! :unsure:

Then I deleted NullCPUPowermanagement.kext from /Extras/Extensions, rebuild permissions and caches and... yippieh ! It WORKES in 64-bit mode !!!

Sleep is working fine, everything else, too. The only issue is that I can't normally reboot, the system hangs in shutdown process. I have to choose Power off or to press my reset switch.

future_former

how do you rebuild a cache ? Please PM Me

Hi guys,

I'm using the 10.5.6 SleepEnabler.kext (attached below) with this string in my com.apple.boot.plist:

<string>pmVersion=21</string>

below the Kernel Flags key

NullCPUPowermanagement.kext is still in my Extensions folder

Thats all, without the pmversion flag I also get a KP so its critical with this older kext. But after that sleep works flawlessly.

@timbojill: To rebuild kext the easy way you should use the attached app KextUtility. Run it to rebuild kexts permissions. To build a new extensions.mkext you drop the Extensions folder on Kextutility app (it will auto-compile an extensions.mkext file in place)

Hopefully that helps

SleepEnabler.kext.zip

Kext_Utility.zip

Hi guys,

I'm using the 10.5.6 SleepEnabler.kext (attached below) with this string in my com.apple.boot.plist:

below the Kernel Flags key

NullCPUPowermanagement.kext is still in my Extensions folder

Thats all, without the pmversion flag I also get a KP so its critical with this older kext. But after that sleep works flawlessly.

@timbojill: To rebuild kext the easy way you should use the attached app KextUtility. Run it to rebuild kexts permissions. To build a new extensions.mkext you drop the Extensions folder on Kextutility app (it will auto-compile an extensions.mkext file in place)

Hopefully that helps

Thank You. I went from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 using the method you described. I have a Dell Latitude D620. It still does not solve my monitor turning off the second my Snow Leopard boot. I use an external monitor. Can someone assist. I will try to upgrade to 10.6.6 and report back if it works.

Thank You. I went from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 using the method you described. I have a Dell Latitude D620. It still does not solve my monitor turning off the second my Snow Leopard boot. I use an external monitor. Can someone assist. I will try to upgrade to 10.6.6 and report back if it works.

Upgrade from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 failed. Is there another sleeper kext I can use ?

• 2 weeks later...