Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

My progress report:

Done and :D . I finally saw the welcome screen of snow leopard.

Thank tweak41 for providing this guide, even newbie like me can install snow leopard. Thank mohnstrudl for giving me the advice.

The IOAPIC problem I got comes from the way I mount my three 2GB memory. I didn't put them in slots in the same color. I found out this when I read some other threads in this forum.

To gengstapo:

I also used this guide and the driver package P6T Essential from awol to install snow leopard on my friend's PC (with Asus P6T). Read through this thread and use that P6T Essential.

I dont have USB drive, so I use my external hdd

Which should I use as booter?

Must be the External Medium Booter right?

Now preparing Installer as your Snow Leopard Boot Media...

This may take a while. Please wait...

2009-10-12 22:40:29.952 diskutil[1021:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

2009-10-12 22:40:29.979 DiskManagementTool[1023:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

2+0 records in

2+0 records out

1024 bytes transferred in 0.000895 secs (1144104 bytes/sec)

Building kext cache...

Error while preparing booter. What I suppose to do?

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:11

This the output when I just continue the installation

How to fix it?

I got a IOAPIC error when I boot my pc with a usb installation disk.

Message I got:

MRC Framework successfully initialized

Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC:version 0x20 vector 64:87

IOAPIC:version 0x20 vector 88:111

I had the same problem with the non-SE version of the P6T board. Looks like the DSDT.aml doesn't match the BIOS. I found the solution here:

http://www.trick77.com/2009/10/12/asus-p6t-64-bit-osx86/

Now it works perfectly! Hope it helps...

I have the same problem but, in my case I have allready installed SL on a hard drive. I install the last bios (0801 on a Asus P6T motherboard) the funny think is it than I put the hard drive over a P6T Deluxe V2 and SL works fine.

In my case the startup freeze in this sentences

"IOAPIC: version 0x20 Vectors 88:111"

I sow than in P6T Deluxe V2 mb the next sentences is related to the ACPI interpreter.

I try several settings on the bios but nothing happens. In my case I have

ACPI 2.0 support [Enabled]

ACPI APIC support [Enabled]

I try with -x -v -f -x32 cpus=2 etc but I stack always in the same point!!!

Anybody has any idea ????

thanks

I had the same problem with the non-SE version of the P6T board. Looks like the DSDT.aml doesn't match the BIOS. I found the solution here:

http://www.trick77.com/2009/10/12/asus-p6t-64-bit-osx86/

Now it works perfectly! Hope it helps...

So, I need to replace the guide DSDT.aml from the link you provide?

Now preparing Installer as your Snow Leopard Boot Media...

This may take a while. Please wait...

2009-10-12 22:40:29.952 diskutil[1021:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

2009-10-12 22:40:29.979 DiskManagementTool[1023:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

2+0 records in

2+0 records out

1024 bytes transferred in 0.000895 secs (1144104 bytes/sec)

Building kext cache...

How bout this error?

I use the P6T SE Essential guide

Two options: 1) Click Skip when it verifies the installation disk. This may or may not give you a working install. 2) Start the process again and restore your DVD to your flash drive again. You may also have to right click your thumb drive, choose properties, and check the box that says "Ignore ownership for this drive"

Yeah, I may have goofed on a few things. That's why I'm planning to do an update. Hopefully tomorrow...

it's still not working. :)

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=42d90fa...04e75f6e8ebb871

this is P6T Essential that i made

im not taking any credit for this as i just collect kext from the net

Core i7 920 4 core + HT working

PS/2 keyboard and mouse working

ALC 1200 working

Realtek 8111C Working

Thanks for this, worked great with this guide. The only problem I have is I still need to have a pc keyboard attached to select my boot drive. As chamelon will not auto start and my usb keyboard is not recognized.

[quote name='tweak41'

Awesome guide tweak! Well written and easily implemented. I moved up to 10.6 from 10.5(iatoks) with your guide and it only took a couple of hours on a P6T using awols essentials.

oq

thank you very 'in much mate you wouldnt know how many times ive messed about with this for a min i was lost

listen tho Chaps

if you have a retail version of leopard (not snow)

you can use this to boot in on the one core with the p6ts boot disk the follow the instructions

that the othr brother posted up for the p6t delux

you dont need a mac to get the os enviroment ( if this is a factor to stopping you from moving forward)

did this all on my i7 pc just boot into the mac on the one core and then o the rest as guided in this easy guide all in all should take a hour

sound works

1080p works

ethernet works

printer/scanner/ works

iphone works

line in mic- stil sorting

scren resoultion chages when playing games still sketchy

nvidea 9400 gt 512mb

also had to reinstal windows in achi mode so that when i pick and choose i dont hae to flip into the bios all in all a vry plasent experience i cant thank you ensough for setting this up as i was gonna call it a day.

thank you very 'in much mate you wouldnt know how many times ive messed about with this for a min i was lost

listen to if you have a retail version of leopard you can use this to boot in on the ne core withthe p6ts boot disk the follow your instructions you dnt need a mac os enviroment as i did this al on my pc ( n a nutshell floow the p6t delux advice just to get to the mac osx environment then do the rest as guided

sound works

1080p works

ethernet works

printer/scanner/ just setting up now just a quick question do i have to reinstall holding 6+4 to get 64 bit booted up??

To get 64-bit two things need to be done (I need to update the guide to reflect this too): 1) Remove the arch=i386 from your Boot.plist file (location varies depending on whether you did it to EFI, System Partition, or External boot medium). 2) Delete Extensions.mkext and build a new one using Kext Utility. Make sure to put this file back where you deleted the old one. Alternatively you can just drop a folder called "Extensions" in your Extra directory with all the kexts from the KEXTs folder.

I need to stop being a slacker and update this with the changes I've done. I think they've improved the system.

Hi, tweak41:

Following your method I can boot my Snow Leopard 10.6.1 in my Asus P6T SE (I7 920 + 6 GB RAM) with Nvidia 9800 GT (512 MB) successfully.

However there is one minor problem for my Activity Monitor.

With all cores and HT enabled there is only one CPU shown in my Activity Monitor,

however with all cores enabled and HT disabled, there are 4 CPUs visible.

For the above two conditions in About This Mac and CPU-X all show 4 cores in my system.

Is there any possibility of your DSDT.aml file need modification ?

Because I found there are several "Alias" in the DSDT.dsl which was decompiled from your DSDT.aml such as :

DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 1, "A1279", "A1279001", 0x00000001)

{

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Alias (P001, CPU1)

Processor (P002, 0x02, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P002, CPU2)

Processor (P003, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P003, CPU3)

Processor (P004, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P004, CPU4)

Processor (P005, 0x05, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P005, CPU5)

Processor (P006, 0x06, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P006, CPU6)

Processor (P007, 0x07, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P007, CPU7)

Processor (P008, 0x08, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P008, CPU8)

Processor (P009, 0x09, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P009, CPU9)

Processor (P010, 0x0A, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P011, 0x0B, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P012, 0x0C, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P013, 0x0D, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P014, 0x0E, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P015, 0x0F, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P016, 0x10, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

}

Also is your CPU shown as "Unknown" in the first appearance of "About This Mac", then corrected recognized as 4 cores in the following details menu ?

If so, the above "A1279", "A1279001" need modified to "Intel", "I7" too.

Looking forward to your reply ASAP and thanks again !

Hi, tweak41:

Following your method I can boot my Snow Leopard 10.6.1 in my Asus P6T SE (I7 920 + 6 GB RAM) with Nvidia 9800 GT (512 MB) successfully.

However there is one minor problem for my Activity Monitor.

With all cores and HT enabled there is only one CPU shown in my Activity Monitor,

however with all cores enabled and HT disabled, there are 4 CPUs visible.

For the above two conditions in About This Mac and CPU-X all show 4 cores in my system.

I have the same processor like you and thought the same. But activity monitor shows you at the bottom using the cpu tab how many cpu's you have. I think it is correct you have 1 cpu with 4 cores. If we had the double cpu with 4 cores then we would see 2 cpu black boxes and the cpu floating monitor would have 16 bars (8 cores plus 8 virtual cores for HT).

just a thought.

oq

Thanks tweak 41

Your guide is maybe one of the most accured I've found on the net

Instalation went problemlos

Thanks for Your effort, saved me month of trying, like i did with my old P5K SE, before switching to

P6T deluxe v1

Thanks again, you're the one

Also work HT, all cores , everything, exept my PS2, but I switched to usb keyboard

THANKS

Hi, SL is up and running. However, none of the devices work. No sound, no ethernet, nothing. I guess it's an easy fix, but I can't seem to get it right. Any tips?

reboot i had the same issue and everything worked ( ie at the inset the boot up apple welcome screen had no noise but after a reboot ( and change of resolution all worked)

reboot i had the same issue and everything worked ( ie at the inset the boot up apple welcome screen had no noise but after a reboot ( and change of resolution all worked)

Thanks. I installed the wrong kexts, apparently there is a diiference between Deluxe SE and Deluxe V2... With al the right kexts everything is working like a charm. Can't believe it was so easy to set up a system that's normally $3000...

Thanks again to the community for sharing knowledge!

The only thing I haven't got working is FireWire. Anybody an idea?

Hi All,

After installing SL, how is your DVD Writer openning? I have Microsoft Wireless Desktop and when I push "Media" button on keyboard which is for Eject command on SL, My DVD writer cover extremely opens up. It is not openning slow as in W7, normal operation? How is yours ?

Thanks tweak 41

Your guide is maybe one of the most accured I've found on the net

Instalation went problemlos

Thanks for Your effort, saved me month of trying, like i did with my old P5K SE, before switching to

P6T deluxe v1

Thanks again, you're the one

Also work HT, all cores , everything, exept my PS2, but I switched to usb keyboard

THANKS

Congradulation you have got such an achievement for installation of Snow Leopard in P6T deluxe v1.

I am using a P6T SE with I7 920 2.67GHz.

In Windows 7 when I enabled HT I can see 8 cores at Task manager and disable HT there are 4 cores.

But in Snow leopard 10.6.1 when I enable HT I can see only one core at Activity Monitor while CPU-X shows 4 cores and 4x4 threads.

When I disable HT there are 4 cores at Activity Monitor and CPU-X shows 4 cores and 4 threads.

Could you show me what are your results at Activity Monitor both enabled and disabled HT ?

If you can post the photo of Activity Monitor with 16 cores will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Congradulation you have got such an achievement for installation of Snow Leopard in P6T deluxe v1.

I am using a P6T SE with I7 920 2.67GHz.

In Windows 7 when I enabled HT I can see 8 cores at Task manager and disable HT there are 4 cores.

But in Snow leopard 10.6.1 when I enable HT I can see only one core at Activity Monitor while CPU-X shows 4 cores and 4x4 threads.

When I disable HT there are 4 cores at Activity Monitor and CPU-X shows 4 cores and 4 threads.

Could you show me what are your results at Activity Monitor both enabled and disabled HT ?

If you can post the photo of Activity Monitor with 16 cores will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

bro have you used i bench to chec as i have ht enabled and all cores and with ibench it recognises these

post-460069-1257297204_thumb.jpg

bro have you used i bench to chec as i have ht enabled and all cores and with ibench it recognises these

post-460069-1257297204_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion.

Using iBench I can confirm that all 4 cores can enable HT in spite of Activity Monitor showing just one CPU only.

Just curious to know is there anyone find 8 cores in his/her Activity Monitor ?

Ok, I hope somebody is able to help me.

The thing is that I don't have a Mac pc ready to install the script for me.

What I've done so far:

1. I've used MacDrive to format two old HDD's to HFS+.

2. Copied an image from Snow Leopard to one of them.

3. Set-up my bios and booted from an old iDeneb 10.5.6 DVD I had lying around from my previous pc.

4. By using the disk utility in the installer from iDeneb I was able to restore the image to the other HDD.

5. Then I tried to run th script from the terminal in the setup but that's where the fun ended.

The terminal inside the setup from Leopard does not support sudo and some other commands so it fialed right away.

So my question is it's possible to run the script from a Windows pc or one with Linux installed? (preferably Windows)And if not is it possible to add the files to the installer manually?

Thanks alot!