- GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor
- GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
- 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Memory x 2 (for a total of 8GB)
- Pioneer CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model
- 10/ 100/ 1000/ 2000Mbps PCI Copper Gigabit Network Adapter (The motherboard has onboard Ethernet, naturally, but this particular board has some problems with onboard in the Hackintosh world.)
- Antec Sonata III 500 Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply
- Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory x 2 (for a total of 8GB)
- Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Kudos to Adam Pash of lifehacker for putting this together, it's quite amazing to be able to do this so cheaply and simply!
If you've spent the money to get this exact configuration, it's probably a good idea to have a single place to discuss any problems that come up in the future. So share your experience here and hopefully this awesome hack pro setup will work flawlessy untill it's time for an upgrade!
There is an updated installer from stellarola:
It should work for 10.6.2