4486 replies to this topic

miketress

miketress

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Edvardlee,

the 9600 GT works with device-properties string ( also known as efi-string ), generated with DD´s script.

rappinkapc

rappinkapc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Can you verify that u get QE/CI to work with your graphics card? if yes can u tell me how you did it thanks?

Yes. It works. I modified the EFI string using the "Modify plists" option in the script.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts
Hi digital_dreamer. You have put a lot of work in to this and it looks good, I will have to sit down and have a read sometime. And I like the look or your script.... Somebody only yesterday was asking my advice for installing SL on to an i7 system, so I might just have to point them this way! Good work. :P

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Hello... This is my first osx86 build. I finally managed to (mostly) figure out what I was doing and install everything. I have gotten almost everything to work except for two annoying things.

1. Ethernet issues - Probably the same as everyone else... It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, shutting down the machine, unplugging for 10 seconds and rebooting seems to work sometimes. But other times, my network settings (Using DHCP) don't correctly find the router, and my internet doesn't work. Last time I lost ethernet, I had to reboot about 3 times before it worked correctly - so very annoying.

Question: Has anyone else found a fix for this besides buying the macbook air adapter or what I am already doing?

2. Shutdown - This doesn't work. When I choose shutdown, my computer logs out, and but doesn't turn off -- it reboots. Shutdown works perfectly in Windows.

Question: Am I missing a kext for to enable shutdown?

Kexts installed:
ATA VERSION ARCH SIZE DESTINATION
1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext 2.5.1 x86_64 280K /Extra
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1 N/A 4K /System
3) JMicronATA.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 180K /System

Audio
4) ALC889a.kext 99 N/A 72K /System
5) AppleHDA.kext 1.4.0a23 i386 1.2M /System
6) HDAEnabler.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 36K /System

Graphics
7) ATY_Init.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 520K /System

Networking
8) RealtekR1000.kext 1.8.1 x86_64 204K /System

Misc Patches
9) dsmos.kext 1.0.0d1 x86_64 76K /Extra
10) fakesmc.kext 1 x86_64 116K /System
11) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext 1.0.0d2 x86_64 116K /Extra
12) OpenHaltRestart.kext 1.0.3 x86_64 100K /Extra
13) PlatformUUID.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 104K /Extra
14) Sleepenabler.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 132K /Extra

My System:
Mobo: GA-EX58-UD5
CPU: i7 920 @2.66Ghz
GPU: EVGA 9800GTX+
RAM: 6GB DDR3

Hey, I have almost the same configuration as you, look at my postHERE and the list of kexts, everything except the sleep works for me without any problem. Netkas CLICK writes that "p.s. uninstall dsmos.kext before using it".
Remove dsmos.kext, rebuild the boot cache and see if it is ok...?

I hope I'll help a little...

Juxtron

Juxtron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi All

@ Edvardlee

To have my Saphhire HD4870 1G (Dual DVID working), I used :

ATY_Init.kext
Natit.kext

In /System

As they are i386 kexts, they don't work in /Extra.

The tricky thing is explained by Digital Dreamer in his tuto :
You have to build the cache for snow in -s mode before attempting to boot with that kind of card, or you'll get a corrupted video (or a black screen). only if you installed from leo.
Actually, i confirm DD's suspicion on HD4870 regarding Dith problem a few posts earlier.
In -v, just after showing a lot of REALTEK lines, the screen can go black suddenly, and nothing seems to happen, but the system is loading, only without the video card... I had the same thing until I build caches with both kexts in /System

I'm now gonna give EFI strings a try, as I'd rather use thatt method.

Regarding the random CPU panic some people report about, I had the same as I was trying to run SL from the bootloader of another physical drive.
As DD said, just use F12 at boot, and select the drive where SL is installed, even you have the same bootloader somewhere else.
At least, it worked for me.

Hope it helps a bit.
J

MATTkiller

MATTkiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Okay, Now I'm using PCEFI V10-2 and the boot freeze on :

AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xfffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA

Someone Can Help Me Please ????

Dith

Dith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi All

@ Edvardlee

To have my Saphhire HD4870 1G (Dual DVID working), I used :

ATY_Init.kext
Natit.kext

In /System

As they are i386 kexts, they don't work in /Extra.

The tricky thing is explained by Digital Dreamer in his tuto :
You have to build the cache for snow in -s mode before attempting to boot with that kind of card, or you'll get a corrupted video (or a black screen). only if you installed from leo.
Actually, i confirm DD's suspicion on HD4870 regarding Dith problem a few posts earlier.
In -v, just after showing a lot of REALTEK lines, the screen can go black suddenly, and nothing seems to happen, but the system is loading, only without the video card... I had the same thing until I build caches with both kexts in /System

I'm now gonna give EFI strings a try, as I'd rather use thatt method.

Regarding the random CPU panic some people report about, I had the same as I was trying to run SL from the bootloader of another physical drive.
As DD said, just use F12 at boot, and select the drive where SL is installed, even you have the same bootloader somewhere else.
At least, it worked for me.

Hope it helps a bit.
J

I have the Sapphire 4870 512MB :)
I'm using the EVOENABLER advised earlier by Alex and it's working great now. I guess the lack of the natit.kext caused my issue while using ATY_init.kext.

Trying to get sound working using the DSDT patching method now. Hopefully I'm almost there but DSDT patching is all quite new to me.

Okay, Now I'm using PCEFI V10-2 and the boot freeze on :

AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xfffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA

Someone Can Help Me Please ????

This is what was happening to me too, except there was some random realtek messages showing up around it. It seems to be related to the videocard. What videocard do you have?

MATTkiller

MATTkiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I Have a Gainward HD4870 1Go.
What I can do ?

I tried the boot with an other graphic card and the boot freeze at the same line :

That can be the DSDT file ???
Because I used PCEFI V10-2 without any DSDT.aml file.

Dith

Dith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I Have a Gainward HD4870 1Go.
What I can do ?

I tried the boot with an other graphic card and the boot freeze at the same line :

That can be the DSDT file ???
Because I used PCEFI V10-2 without any DSDT.aml file.

Remove ATY_init.kext and replace it with evoenabler.kext, rebuild caches and reboot. Should be working fine after that.
http://www.kexts.com...abler.kext.html

Thank Alex for pointing out how to solve this problem :)

MATTkiller

MATTkiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Okay I try Thanks.

rackham

rackham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey all

first of all MAJOR THANKS to DD for all his work and also to all who helps make this thread a great ressource for all "mHackintoshers"

i managed to instal and boot in 10.6 all seems ok

except all the normally invisible content of the system drive is showing ( bines -cores -mach_kernel -sbin and others ) and there no way i can repair permission via disk util ( saying error message about no packages to repair )

is this normal behavior ?? ( i doubt cause previous DD 10.5 install did not have that problem )

im using all the default kext from sricpt on a EX58 Extreme board

any clues ?

thank you

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

hey all

first of all MAJOR THANKS to DD for all his work and also to all who helps make this thread a great ressource for all "mHackintoshers"

i managed to instal and boot in 10.6 all seems ok

except all the normally invisible content of the system drive is showing ( bines -cores -mach_kernel -sbin and others ) and there no way i can repair permission via disk util ( saying error message about no packages to repair )

is this normal behavior ?? ( i doubt cause previous DD 10.5 install did not have that problem )

im using all the default kext from sricpt on a EX58 Extreme board

any clues ?

thank you

The solution to this problem is to reinstall BSD.pkg from Snow installation CD.

At my back the possibility of repairing permissions on DU.

rackham

rackham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

The solution to this problem is to reinstall BSD.pkg from Snow installation CD.

At my back the possibility of repairing permissions on DU.

thank you that did in fact work ( repair permission is blazzing fast in SL wow)

im still having that annoying invisible system folders showing at the root of my boot drive... if anyone can help

thank you

Mozgovvert

Mozgovvert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
GA-EX58-UD5 + GF 9500 GT 256
Installing under Leo 10.5.8 on separate HDD
Bios settings are OK, AHCI - ON (if that matters)
Here are the problem and logs(installation failed, it is 4) Run Retail DVD installer):

Posted Image

Sep 9 18:47:42 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: /Volumes/SL/System/Library/User Template/English.lproj
Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: /Volumes/SL/System/Library/User Template/Non_localized
Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: rmdir: /Volumes/SL/home: No such file or directory
Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/postinstall_actions/runChrooted.sh: line 15: 813 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" "${CHROOTEDTEMPDIR}/buildKeychains" "$1" "$2" "$3"
Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: chroot: /usr/libexec/makewhatis: No such file or directory
Sep 9 18:48:57 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/./postinstall[847]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/postinstall_actions/postfixChrooted: line 6: 873 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" /usr/sbin/postfix start
Sep 9 18:48:57 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/./postinstall[847]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/postinstall_actions/postfixChrooted: line 7: 874 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" /usr/sbin/postfix set-permissions
Sep 9 18:48:57 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/./postinstall[847]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/postinstall_actions/postfixChrooted: line 8: 875 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" /usr/sbin/postfix stop
Sep 9 18:48:59 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.PLTc/./postinstall[893]: dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Sep 9 18:49:00 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.PLTc/./postinstall[893]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.PLTc/postinstall_actions/pcastint.sh: line 3: 900 Trace/BPT trap "./Tools/PlistBuddy" -c "Add :QuickTimePro_PodcastProducer_Export_Enabled bool true" "$3/Library/Preferences/com.apple.pcast_integration.plist" > /dev/null
Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB payloadExtractor[995]: BomFileError 13: Permission denied - /Volumes/SL//System/Library/Extensions/hp_Photosmart_io_enabler.kext
Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB payloadExtractor[995]: Error extracting archive.
Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB payloadExtractor[995]: pkgExtractor exited with error 1 while processing package '/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/HP_Photosmart.pkg'
Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB Installer[608]: Install failed: The Installer could not install some files in “/Volumes/SL”. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB Installer[608]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB Installer[608]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer could not install some files in “/Volumes/SL”. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Juxtron

Juxtron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
@ Dith

Yes, i guess you'right about natit.kext

By the way, it works with natit.kext alone, i'm gonna try with the EVOenabler stuff, just for fun.

Thing is I don't manage to get it work with EFI String.
I'm able to create what seems to be a valid HD4870 string (regular, with 2 DVID, no HDMI or other exotic connection)

Thing is even with the right EFI String in the right place in com.apple.boot.plist, it doesn't seem to work if i get rid of all injectors. Video corruption, balck and whites strokes, but system working good.

Does anyone knows if the included SL drivers regarding HD48x0 are ok with those cards without any other manipulation ?

And, if it helps, I had an exotic HD4870 card before (DVI+HDMI+VGA) and it was painful t make it work... Had to use an exotic injector from netkas blog (don't remember which one)

Thanks for EVO, Dith !
J

Dith

Dith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

@ Dith

Yes, i guess you'right about natit.kext

By the way, it works with natit.kext alone, i'm gonna try with the EVOenabler stuff, just for fun.

Thing is I don't manage to get it work with EFI String.
I'm able to create what seems to be a valid HD4870 string (regular, with 2 DVID, no HDMI or other exotic connection)

Thing is even with the right EFI String in the right place in com.apple.boot.plist, it doesn't seem to work if i get rid of all injectors. Video corruption, balck and whites strokes, but system working good.

Does anyone knows if the included SL drivers regarding HD48x0 are ok with those cards without any other manipulation ?

And, if it helps, I had an exotic HD4870 card before (DVI+HDMI+VGA) and it was painful t make it work... Had to use an exotic injector from netkas blog (don't remember which one)

Thanks for EVO, Dith !
J

Thank Alex for pointing it :D

I recall netkas writing something about EFI not being usable. Even though our device-id is hardcoded into the right SL kexts there is still a need for an injector. I think it's in one of his posts on netkas.org

I came across an issue that is a rather known issue but thought I should post it here regardless. The com.apple.boot.plist does not include the busratio=20 parameter. So if you're experiencing too fast music and video playback add busratio=20 and reboot and all should be fine :) I think this is standard practice on EX58 with Core i7?

I wish I could get this ALC888 going using DSDT patching :) voodoohda only gives me SPDIF, digital and headphone.

HeartQ8

HeartQ8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Mozgovvert

use customization and do not select the printers drivers.

DD,
My system is so stable now and I like it much more than 10.5.7.
Yes the script v4.02 now can handle instlattion from snow without version error, thanks to you.
I used DiskUtility program to fix the disk permission and it is fixed. (please if the script has any effect on this issue),
by the way on the graphics strings selection menu (nViedia 143 selection) there is no exit option without selecting card.
thanks again.

fade2nada

fade2nada

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
SUCCESS ALMOST...

Using Majors script I installed SL and followed directions to the letter. I was able to boot into SL once. I removed the SATA cable from my original LEOPARD boot drive at the first SATA connection on my PC and connected it to the SL drive I had just installed. I did this because the bootloader for leopard would always kick in ( Chameleon RC- 2 and NOT RC3 from the SL install)

I was able to boot into SL - I had disabled spotlight on the drive earlier. When running the post install instructions I tried to reboot into SL with no success. I reformatted the drive and tried clean retail install again but inevitably get hung up on screen below

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

which is a flurry of REALTEK text and ends in "DONT STEAL OSX"

I would really like to get the SL working and in 64 bit mode. When I booted in SL in 32 bit there was no sound on the welcome video.

Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? I think it might be the kexts. I tried rebooting with -x -s -f but never got back to SL

This is bumming me out because I had booted into it. Also how do you set the preference to see all HD in SL? When I booted i could not find that preference anywhere.

Great job with the script DD!!! I was almost there but not giving up. Can I salvage this SL instal with a fix? or do I need to re-install everything all over again- and if so what am i doing wrong?

:censored2:

Attached Files

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

GA-EX58-UD5 + GF 9500 GT 256
Installing under Leo 10.5.8 on separate HDD
Bios settings are OK, AHCI - ON (if that matters)
Here are the problem and logs(installation failed, it is 4) Run Retail DVD installer):

Posted Image

Before you bury, torture with this, please download again the installation CD image. No fortresses that is the cause of the failure of your installation but I had a similar case with FCS3 described HERE. After long agony, downloaded the DVD images again and everything was in order ...

rappinkapc

rappinkapc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hey, I have almost the same configuration as you, look at my post�HERE and the list of kexts, everything except the sleep works for me without any problem. Netkas CLICK writes that "p.s. uninstall dsmos.kext before using it".
Remove dsmos.kext, rebuild the boot cache and see if it is ok...?

I hope I'll help a little...

Thanks... That fixed by shutdown problem. Two things...
1. Now that I check sleep doesn't work for me at all. The display never wakes up, so I don't even know if I have KPs. I guess I can live without sleep, but it would be nice to have it working.
2. How did you get sound to work on the UD5 without the ALC889a kext?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy