I've released boot 132 for SNOWLEOPARD!

kdetech

83 posts in this topic

Why hasn't this nonsense been locked?

. . don't waste your time downloading this thing.

I agree .

An ready to bun .iso for an very specific Mainboard / GPU isnt really useful.

DSDT & EFI strings should never be pn an universal boot132.

you need to install kext's after? or is everything working?

1.When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press ENTER.

Go to boot options (f8), Swap 10a432snow leopard dvd disks, then press ESC to rescan drive. When the name of the DVD appears, press ENTER.

2. I have leo installed on a second drive,

used it to fix the SL intallation. Here is what I've done:

(1).booted into leo, installed Chameleon 2.0 RC1 and EFI v10.1 on the SL drive (replacing the loader that came by default,because it is not working for pc)

(2).copied the Extra folder from leo root (which had chameleon installed) to SL, removing all kexts in Extensions subfolder.

(3)ran DSDT patcher to get a dump of dsdt.aml with fixes, placed it both into SL root and /Extra.

(4).moved these kexts from /System/Library/Extensions to /Extra/Extensions: NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, SleepEnabler, PlatformUUID, dsmos.kext (dsmos.kext had to download it from netkas).

ok at least this guy is trying, if you dont think he is doing it right make your own cd! help instead of hinder! any way that worked for me thank you , but like others i KP'd so it appears either there is no Kexts or the DSDT & EFIs are causeing the problem either way if we all put our head together we can make the first working boots CD, thanks Kdetech for all your hard work! so lets make our own cd's and see whos works!

ok at least this guy is trying, if you dont think he is doing it right make your own cd! help instead of hinder! any way that worked for me thank you , but like others i KP'd so it appears either there is no Kexts or the DSDT & EFIs are causeing the problem either way if we all put our head together we can make the first working boots CD, thanks Kdetech for all your hard work! so lets make our own cd's and see whos works!

I agree, at least, I was able to boot this CD unlike my many attempts at making a Chameleon 2 based CD. I'd like to modify it by removing the dsdt and modifying the com.boot.apple.plist file to make it compatible with my PC.

thanks for the missing info on how to do this:

Quote"1.When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press ENTER.

Go to boot options (f8), Swap 10a432snow leopard dvd disks, then press ESC to rescan drive. When the name of the DVD appears, press ENTER."end Quote

It starts to load the DVD !! I then get a kernel panic with these error messages:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace(with dependencies)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3)

dependency:com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)

dependency:com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)

anyone know what that means or how to fix so it will boot? thanks

Trying isn't the place for the "New Releases and Updates" section, imagine what going to happen to this forum if each and everyone who's "trying" to make a boot cd will post his efforts in this section.

ok fair point but this is an alpha, i followed his other tread which there was a lot of trial and error. its a process, you a release a first release as alpha then beta then final please don't argue with me because you just wasteing time that could be going towards getting this to work! if it anoys you then dont look at the thread, and dont post on it. every one wants to get this working as soon as possible so give us input on how we can make it work and stop the nit picking. if it really dosnt belong here then ask an admin to have it moved, no need to be mean! no one would develop anything at all, if people put them down all the time! sheesh any way back to business, is every one getting the same error on KP ?

Kernel Extensions in backtrace(with dependencies)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3)

dependency:com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)

dependency:com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)

?

Oh and Kdetech you should change the title of of this to 123SLB Alpha 1 or something to keep this guy happy, ill be happy to help you if you need it>

Thanks for this. After spending several hours trying anything and everything, and wearing out a DVD+RW in the process, I finally managed to get as far as a kernel panic, which is further than previously. I still need to figure out how to boot in 32-bit mode, and I think some more work will be necessary, to get as far as Aqua/WindowServer and the Installer.

See this FriendFeed post for screenshots of the kernel panics. I only had a mobile phone camera handy, so they're probably not that clear.

I think the reason why this cd doesnt work for me and alot of others is that this was made for Gigabyte owners i tried it on my jetway I31gm4 which i have SL working fine from the other methods and it booted but cause KP, tried it on my gigabyte mother with Quad core cpu and it worked fine so maybe thats what it is jetway is ich7 gigabyte is ich10

I downloaded this and in combination with LTLs method and I really don´t know what else I´ve been messing around with :( for some reason now I can boot SL. I still need this DVD to boot from though.

Don´t give this guy a hard time this is a good start and there´s a good chance it works for many of us but probably we all need to work a few things out for our selves depending on what HW we have.

I´m typing this reply in SL booting with the help from this Boot 132 disk. Even got my two 7300 gs videocards (4 displays possible) working and also my PS2 mouse and keyboard. Even installed Logic 8 and scored pretty ok with a heave benchmark test.

Over all SL really "feels" a bit better than old Leo actually.

To keep my coretemps down I deleeted AppleintelCpuPowerManagement.kext and AppleintelCpuPowerManagementClient.kext. I´m not sure if this is the way to go for all of you you got to find that out for yourselves I´m afraid.

GA EP45-DS3

Q6600 CPU

Sata harddrives and dvd

6 Gig memory etc etc

this cd boot fine on my system ep45-ds4 - 8800 Ultra

after this i put my Snow Leopard DVD begin the install but after 1 minute

give me black screen if someone know why?

Graphics card issue most lightly but im happy to hear that it worked for you! and someone else who has had some success! kdetech please look at other treads about Boot123 SL and make a universial version of the cd, the community will thank you for it! :(

id be glad to help with a universal boot 132 cd for snow leopard. we should have no need for leopard now. snow is a refined version of leopard and 'perfectly optimized'. its certainly alot nippier. im going to try and edit this cd abit! ill post details soon.

flash

id be glad to help with a universal boot 132 cd for snow leopard. we should have no need for leopard now. snow is a refined version of leopard and 'perfectly optimized'. its certainly alot nippier. im going to try and edit this cd abit! ill post details soon.

flash

Yeah i will happily help you out with the helping out lol PM me with details of your plans and we will sort something out.

Regards

I got extremely close to having what would have been a universal cdboot for snow, only issue i had was loading dsdt.aml from cd. i know it was definately that because itd panic complaining about hpet, and when i did this with usb, i got the same error, then i added dsdt and it went away and i was in the installer!

if only i could mimic my flash drive to a cd...

I got extremely close to having what would have been a universal cdboot for snow, only issue i had was loading dsdt.aml from cd. i know it was definately that because itd panic complaining about hpet, and when i did this with usb, i got the same error, then i added dsdt and it went away and i was in the installer!

if only i could mimic my flash drive to a cd...

please take a look at this topic, they talk about loading dsdt.aml from cdboot and the problem was solved

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,353.15.html