Hi all; just to share some info.
I was able to have, finally, a working stable installation of SL (i.e. no crashes, KP or other amenities of the like, and this from some days…).
I slightly went back the Leopard installation way for this MoBo (take a look at MJ guide
) and I have set up an EFI partition installation.
I do have a P6T Deluxe V2 6GB 1600 Cosrair RAM, i7 950 (by the way I'm using busratio=23, but I've just guessed sitting between 940 and 970... it is fine?) nVidia GTX 285 2GB and a coupple of old, real real old 80GB sata HDs. Default BIOS setting but HT enabled. BIOS version 0504
I've chosen this "old" method since the one from wziard here made me nut from the number of KP and I was really sick of rebooting the darn MoBo.
wziard thanx so much for putting all the info togheter and the kexts: whitout your help in finding the good stuff probably I could not have make it...
Just installed from a USB stick booting from 10.5.8 on a GUID formatted WD 80GB (1,5 not 3 MB) slow, real slow HD.
While the installer was doing its job I've lunched Chameleon from wziard pack an choose to install the EFI option (need to click on customize).
I then mounted the newly EFI partition:
mkdir /Volumes/EFImount_hsf /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI
From terminal and being su/root (use sudo or su) I do have copied the wziard Kexts in the Extra/Extensions.
I do have recompiled the DSDL.aml and copied in /Volume/EFI since I do have another CPU following information here
Copy it togheter with the boot from wziard in Extra. Same for smbios.plist again in Extra.
I do also copied in it the vanilla kernel in /Volume/EFI.
Rebuild the Extra/Extension chache installed not there but directly in SLE otherwise… no audio… VooDoo Audio.
I have found from DiskUtility the HD UUID. Worked out the EFI string for my video card using any of the method you like (Acquamac, EFI Studio, etc.).
With all the info I do have copied in /Extra a modified version of com.apple.Boot.plist that looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict> <key>Kernel</key> <string>mach_kernel</string> <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string></string> <string>bt(0,0)/mach_kernel busratio=23 boot-uuid=YOUR HD UUID</string> <key>device-properties</key> <string>VERY LONG HEX VIDEO EFI STRING</string> <key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>YOUR SCREEN RES AND DEPTH</string></dict></plist>
I edited the IONetworkingfamily as wizard.
And finally rebooted the thing.
I got at the chosen resolution the green chameleon screen and start first time with -v -f options…
It boots in 30 seconds to the initial SL splash screen at my video resolution: not an error (besides NVinject with I do have late removed).
During boot no error (I checked in dmesg too…)
Performance: not bad at all even HD; seems to me the second HDs it is a bit slow but I'm able to copy a 14GB dmg file from the secondary HD to the SL one in 4 minutes that it is not so bad using my 2 old SATA-1 HDs.
One annoying thing is that the HDs icons (even USB stick) are folder icons and not disk one and by now cannot understand why. Probably I messed up some KEXTs.
Try to boot and use the MoBo from a disk different from position 0 (ie the first).
I do not have ANY KP in at least 3 days of normal usage.
It use 64b kernel (but switch to 32 as soon need to use VMWare... or other not working apps). Video at full speed (QE & CI).
Thanks to all from this thread and the others about this MoBo.