Apple Store Coupon Codes

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

techound1

techound1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 22 posts

That is not necessarily true. Some refurbs are "buyer's remorse" returns. Even if they did have something wrong at one time (maybe a bad hard drive or whatever), Apple returns them to like-new condition before selling them on the refurb store. If anything, a refurb has been looked over and tested MORE than a new machine that comes off the production line. Refurbs get the same warranty as new machines as well.

I've gotten nothing but refurbs from my 2nd mac on forward - never had a problem with any of them and I credit it to the repair and 2nd round of testing they get.

arbitrarycode

arbitrarycode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Has anyone here purchased a Student ADC membership in order to get the Hardware Discount Store? I checked it out, and the baseline Core2 Duo MacBook Pro is $1599, (Student ADC costs $99 though) I purchased the SADC kit, and faxed them my credentials (photocopy of student ID and schedule). My question is, how long does it take for them to clear your status? Apple's FAQ was very ambiguous about this!

Nevermind, it came through (that was quick!) Woohoo $400 discount!

zizux

zizux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
can students still get a free ipod with a macbook? If so I'm gona have my sister in law buy it for me :)

dafyddloughran

dafyddloughran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there, if any one could help me get a referral for http://ipodnanogivea...referral=158331
it would be much appreciated. My friend has already god an ipod through the website so i'd like to get in on the act (and you as well!) Lovefilm offer is great, completely free and areally good service 2!

Thanks in advance!! Cheers!

Dafydd

aejaxx

aejaxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

can students still get a free ipod with a macbook? If so I'm gona have my sister in law buy it for me :thumbsdown_anim:

Sorry, that was a promotion over the summer that ended about two weeks before the "It's Showtime" event where Apple released the upgraded iPods and 2nd generation iPod nanos. They still do, however, have a free printer deal with the purchase of a new computer (see http://store.apple.c...8.7.3.5.1.2.1.1 for more information) that runs through January 22.

zenchicken

zenchicken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Don't complain about 17% tax, here in Portugal it's 21%!!!

defiancex0x

defiancex0x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yikes, 17% and 21% jesus. I thought german's tax was harsh (16%MwSt) and NY state tax is 8,25%

Rafael Mendes

Rafael Mendes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
To bring a product from USA to Brazil you pay 60% off taxes over the price of the product + shipping...and even doing this, stuff still cheaper than buying on a normal store...you pay here for an iPod 80gb more than $900 dollars =P

bobcan

bobcan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

That is not necessarily true. Some refurbs are "buyer's remorse" returns. Even if they did have something wrong at one time (maybe a bad hard drive or whatever), Apple returns them to like-new condition before selling them on the refurb store. If anything, a refurb has been looked over and tested MORE than a new machine that comes off the production line. Refurbs get the same warranty as new machines as well.

Hello from Mid Canada...
I concur on the REFURB thinking... seems they get "at least" as good a Burn In/ Test time and have the Full Year Warranty as well... pretty good deals on the "Old MBP"s" now as well... and they seem to Sell Real Fast as well if you frequently look at this page.....

cell-gfx

cell-gfx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
If you're located in NZ, you can do worse than MacSellerDirect. They import Macs in bulk and offer excellent discounts on the entire Mac range, usually between 10% and 15% on the NZ Apple Store.

azzkicker

azzkicker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ha 8.25% here :(

A.I.Ghost

A.I.Ghost

Vault 13 dweller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Sex, Drugs (well... not really :-) ) and Rock'n'Roll.
    Mostly PC, now Mac too.
A little about taxes - here in Czech Republic we have 19% VAT, but it is cheaper to buy Mac in US (and pay an average tax of 5%), pay for delivery and then pay our VAT.
In case of my Macbook it was (($1300*0.045)+$100)*0.19 and it was almost 22% cheaper than in the local Apple store - so guys - don't complain about your US taxes, they are just lovely ;-)

Nitramusa

Nitramusa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Don't complain about 17% tax, here in Portugal it's 21%!!!

Yeah! Here in Belgium is 21% too!
U guys in USA are lucky... if i could buy my components of computers in USA and bring them to here with only shipping costs..

But that's not possible ;)

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
There are pretty much no such things as "coupon codes". Just rebates and discounts.

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 807 posts
Correct me if im wrong but...

US taxes are low because we have no national health care whereas other countries have a national health care plan hence why the taxes are so high.

I'd much rather pay higher taxes and have health care coverage imo

mesasone

mesasone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I can't speak for you guys over seas, but here in the US we also pay tax on all of our income... usually 25-30%, depending on how much you make and what tax bracket that puts you in. Fortunately here where I live, our local tax is only 5%... well 6% because we recently enacted a local sales tax to pay for some school programs.

That said, there are some (crazy, imho) proposals to do away with the income tax and replace it with a national sales tax, which many would estimate would have to be in the range of 40+% to be viable. If some have their way, we may soon join some of you others paying crazy amounts of sales tax! (and US citizens: vote no on the Fair Tax!)

That said, I've never understood why such products are so expensive in other countries. I was under the impression that Americans were generally considered wealthy compared to most of the industrialized world (up until the plummeting of the dollar started a few years ago). I couldn't imagine even the thought of paying 900 USD for an iPod. I think there would be a revolt!

Wrenbird

Wrenbird

InsanelyWren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
newegg.com only has tax for the states they have warehouses/hq in. Here in NY I got my iPod touch from them for a total of $399 ($394 plus 5 bucks for shipping)

Dreamland69

Dreamland69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
...I can't speak for you guys over seas, but here in the US we also pay tax on all of our income... usually 25-30%, ...
here in Europe we also pay taxes: 18% VAT, 25% tax on all of our income, 12% tax for social care, my every 1000$ on hand for my chief costs 1500$ with taxes. From my every 1000$ I pay 18% VAT. The problem? I am my chief :).

mtwo

mtwo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
in sweden the vat is 25% and the prices aint after the real exchange rate 6 sek= 1 usd but applestore counts with 10sek=1usd.. we are the guy who should get discounts

funkypyro

funkypyro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
mate we pay 17.5% VAT on goods we buy with money that has already been taxed between 20-50% (depending on earnings) before it even reaches your pocket.. Plus national insurance contributions (for national pension HA).. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy