Apple Store Coupon Codes

50 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
That is not necessarily true. Some refurbs are "buyer's remorse" returns. Even if they did have something wrong at one time (maybe a bad hard drive or whatever), Apple returns them to like-new condition before selling them on the refurb store. If anything, a refurb has been looked over and tested MORE than a new machine that comes off the production line. Refurbs get the same warranty as new machines as well.

Hello from Mid Canada...

I concur on the REFURB thinking... seems they get "at least" as good a Burn In/ Test time and have the Full Year Warranty as well... pretty good deals on the "Old MBP"s" now as well... and they seem to Sell Real Fast as well if you frequently look at this page.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A little about taxes - here in Czech Republic we have 19% VAT, but it is cheaper to buy Mac in US (and pay an average tax of 5%), pay for delivery and then pay our VAT.

In case of my Macbook it was (($1300*0.045)+$100)*0.19 and it was almost 22% cheaper than in the local Apple store - so guys - don't complain about your US taxes, they are just lovely ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't speak for you guys over seas, but here in the US we also pay tax on all of our income... usually 25-30%, depending on how much you make and what tax bracket that puts you in. Fortunately here where I live, our local tax is only 5%... well 6% because we recently enacted a local sales tax to pay for some school programs.

That said, there are some (crazy, imho) proposals to do away with the income tax and replace it with a national sales tax, which many would estimate would have to be in the range of 40+% to be viable. If some have their way, we may soon join some of you others paying crazy amounts of sales tax! (and US citizens: vote no on the Fair Tax!)

That said, I've never understood why such products are so expensive in other countries. I was under the impression that Americans were generally considered wealthy compared to most of the industrialized world (up until the plummeting of the dollar started a few years ago). I couldn't imagine even the thought of paying 900 USD for an iPod. I think there would be a revolt!

• 4 weeks later...

...I can't speak for you guys over seas, but here in the US we also pay tax on all of our income... usually 25-30%, ...

here in Europe we also pay taxes: 18% VAT, 25% tax on all of our income, 12% tax for social care, my every 1000$ on hand for my chief costs 1500$ with taxes. From my every 1000$ I pay 18% VAT. The problem? I am my chief :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Codes do exist for the online apple store, but they are one-time-use deals and usually all of $30 off $300.

You can save much more than a coupon code by buying refurb, getting applecare and RAM after-market, and shopping around (amazon usually) for software.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to remind everyone, refurbs save you $200-$700 off new. Coupon codes - when you can find them - save you $30-$60.

What’s so great about refurbs ? (this is all from apple's site, so you can hold them to it)

1. It performs and looks like new

2. You get the same one-year warranty as new

3. The computer carries the same eligibility for Apple Care as new

4. It is fully tested (including full burn-in testing)

5. It is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing

6. It is thoroughly cleaned and inspected

7. It is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.) - nothing is missing

8. It includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system

9. It is placed into a final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock

10. You get a savings several times that of any coupon or promo code (okay, that one was my add, but 'tis true)

• 6 months later...
It only applies during a certain time of the year...look for the back to school discount

Yes, the free ipod deal occurs during the summer for the US and it is by rebate (check the date on the post).

BTW, the apple refurb store has shuffles for $29 right now...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...