• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
u'r right OMNI even if i own a LCD (like most of us no?), i understand that for the rest of guys having a fried monitor trying to fix a video driver issue it's BAD...i only wish that after this fixed we will enjoy it :)
great work and thanx u for trying to disable this mouse tearing ! cheers!

romaincs

romaincs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Great Great Great !

Many cheers !

Thanks for your great work !

:)

chapel

chapel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Well I want to openly thank omni and JaS, mostly omni since he has done the leg work. I will also thank everyone that has had apart of this project and trying to get proper video support in os x on pc's. It kinda feels like early linux days, :)

Well, omni, I know that youre trying to get proper monitor detection implimented so that your driver doesnt fry anyones monitors (crt only i take it) but have you thought about introducing the driver to people that want to test it that have lcd monitors? I have a nice new 2005fpw from dell, and Id be more than willing to test out your driver to see if it works with my x1800xl, which I have discussed with you through PM. Even still, I am no average user, and am going to write my own driver if none work (like yours) with my hardware setup. This is not to say I dont appreciate your work, but quite the contrary, I just want to run native resolution. It has become my mission, and I will do what I have to to make it work.

I wish that made more sense, I am pretty tired as Ive spent alot of the time Im supposed to be sleeping working on some drivers. Bleh

Anyways, thanks for your hard work, and I hope it works for at least half the people, that would rock, and would really make this scene more enjoyable Id say. Less "but why doesnt my video card work?"

Peace, and to everyone else that are impatient, I want video to work as well, but instead of bugging someone that owes me nothing, Im working on my own to figure it out, just in case it doesnt work for me. Maybe people should learn how to be self reliant instead of being needy. :) Just my thoughts.

Maybe its time for a nap.

Ender Wiggin

Ender Wiggin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
But... but... but...

Only one thing onmi: please release the driver when you get detection working and don't torture us until you also fix the mouse tearing...

I don't think my heart can take the stress of waiting for much longer :) .

And truth be told, I can't wait to stop using the sucky and ugly Windows XP :). The minute I have the video drivers working it's bye bye for mister Gates... at least for everithing other than games.

Oh, and need I say again that you're the man?

rjtd

rjtd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Great work Omni.
I'm looking forward to be able to use 1280x768 (native) on my LCD. It will be great to have the beautifull aqua running on my glare type screen ;)
Please take your time :) It's fine just to know it will be supported some time.

btw, np_ also helped me with 60hz on my 7800GT. So, what a great community we have now :)

kawai

kawai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
can't wait to use my 2005FPW w/o stretching soon ;)

Tek_No

Tek_No

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Well, to be honest, I can understand the "impatience" of some of the members here: a whole lot of them are using tft screens or laptop build-in widescreen panels and not CRTs...

I would be nice to have the current features in an "alpha" release and the refresh rate and tearing fixes in a "beta" release afterwards...

I know, I know: I'll probably be blamed now for being impatient myself and most probably someone will start shouting or even swearing at me but I think what I'm saying now are the thoughts of many (if they're really willing to admit this) ;)

Ok, let the shouting and swearing at my address begin.......

Take care and keep up the great work you're doing,
Tek_No

mgt42

mgt42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

can't wait to use my 2005FPW w/o stretching soon :)

I have almost everything working in my hp zd8000 laptop (wifi,bluetooth,QE & CI)
the only "thing" is the small res 1024x768 in my native 1440x900 17inch screen.

Omni you are our salvation ;)

jedikalex

jedikalex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Personally I see no reason for people to keep posting here. I mean Omni KNOWS we are all apreciative of his work and are looking forward to it.. But there's no reason for post after post cheering him on without any real benefit/contribution to his work. All these posts really do is clutter up the topic and make it hard to tell if there's any real updates... Just my 2cents..

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Well, for my first post on the forum, I guess I'm going to try discouraging posts.

http://forum.osx86pr...showtopic=14169

Guys, if you had ANY idea what it was like to program, you wouldn't constantly be bugging him. For the time being, try setting a value in com.apple.Boot.plist to get your desired screen resolution. I don't think you're going to have many excuses for a changeable screen resolution at runtime between now and the time Omni releases his drivers.

In the meantime, if it would really comfort you to see your card listed in System Profiler, edit the files in SPDisplaysReporter.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
today will be the day :D well i hope like everyone here :) for the moment have a look to the new 10.4.6 decrypted files !

omni

omni

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I have not tried any full screen applications, I need to have basic functionality working first before.

I did implement hardware cursor last night and it's not working properly. A function from IOFramebuffer that's supposed to do the actual conversion fail and there's no debug output suggesting why.

Also, my DDC does not work and I dont get any correct monitor details yet.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
5000 readers :P
thanx omni for ur hard work !

np_

np_

• Retired Developers
  • 339 posts

I have not tried any full screen applications, I need to have basic functionality working first before.

I did implement hardware cursor last night and it's not working properly. A function from IOFramebuffer that's supposed to do the actual conversion fail and there's no debug output suggesting why.

Also, my DDC does not work and I dont get any correct monitor details yet.

is because IOFramebuffer hw cursort "convert" function is "generic" but not special for ati

if you want to make it work you shold implement ati hw convert cursor function

simple:)

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
yeah NP_ thanx for ur help :) hope omni will have soon ur message :blink: ur 2 guys r just genious!

omni

omni

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

is because IOFramebuffer hw cursort "convert" function is "generic" but not special for ati

if you want to make it work you shold implement ati hw convert cursor function

simple:)

...now you tell me :D

np_

np_

• Retired Developers
  • 339 posts

...now you tell me :angry:

{censored} , you will need to start pay for "IOkit" lessons !

anyway i will tell ya , latter you know on what irc/channel :D

cya

Takuro

Takuro

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 1,162 posts
Great work omni, Jas, and anybody else who contributed to creating this driver.

If in its current state it'd damage CRT monitors, I say let them have all the time they need to fix whatever needs to be worked out. Some unfortunate person might not know it only works properly with LCDs and well... I doubt any of us would want to be in his or her shoes.

I got a Dell 2005fpw just do I could enjoy OS X in it's native widescreen 1680x1050. I'm getting a little tired of seeing 1280x1024 get stretched across the screen, so I'm estatic about all this. :poster_oops:

dripple

dripple

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
omni, np_

great deal, great work.

I'm also a little bit anoyed about the mousetearing, but I'm also a developer (but "only" java, maybe I dig into C *ggg*) and I know what it means to develop a product with high demand. :)

dripple

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts
I did a light pruning of this thread to remove just a few of the less useful posts, and make it a little more readable. I hope no-one feels unfairly deleted, if you feel your post had something to contribute to this effort and it has been removed, feel free to PM me about it.

And just to re-iterate:
This is a development thread for an as-yet unreleased driver, please do not clutter it with requests for the driver or its release date.

For those of you posting congratulations, I heartily agree with you, but posting your sentiments here does 2 things: it makes people believe it has been released, and clutters the thread yet again. Im sure we will all have plenty of scope to pat the developers on the back once it is out. :(

Edit: Hmm. reading through, I am tempted to cut closer to the bone, maybe the OP would care to guide me on that..

Edited by Hagar, 14 April 2006 - 04:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy