[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

I tried to install SL to my Dell Inspiron 1720. I made an 8gb usb but when i boot from the usb no error message only the grey panic screen. If anyone installed SL successfully to a same or similar laptop, please help.

My config: T7700 CPU, 160GB HDD, 3GB DDR2 RAM and GeForce 9600M GT VGA.

Any small help would be good... Thanks.

I tried to install SL to my Dell Inspiron 1720. I made an 8gb usb but when i boot from the usb no error message only the grey panic screen. If anyone installed SL successfully to a same or similar laptop, please help.

My config: T7700 CPU, 160GB HDD, 3GB DDR2 RAM and GeForce 9600M GT VGA.

Any small help would be good... Thanks.

Boot with -V so you can give more info about hte panic screen. I'm guessing if you haven't made any install mods then its probably related to IOATA kext... a picture would be helpful.

I'm installing SL on my 1330 but I'm getting a Kernel Panic when I boot from my USB disk.

I replaced the UUID on both files but can't figure out what's wrong.

It says:

Failed to load extension com.superhai.driver.PlatformUUID

Couldn't alloc class "PlatformUUID"

12PlatformUUID is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?

Kernel Panic is caused by AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Seems none of the extensions in /Extras/Extensions are loading. Any clues? This is on Step 12 of Brett's guide, where I boot from USB in Single User mode to install SL on the HDD.

Thanks!

you can add nullcpupowermanagment kext to get past this error for now and then remove it after the install and figuring out if its DSDT related. You could remove PlatformUUID for now as well... make sure that you pasted the UUID info into PlatformUUID.kext info.plist so that you won't have log errors. To install SL you need about 4 kexts... and rest are to get other stuff working.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...192568&st=0 (UUID info)

Boot with -V so you can give more info about hte panic screen. I'm guessing if you haven't made any install mods then its probably related to IOATA kext... a picture would be helpful.

Thanks for the help. Here is my screenshot: post-511744-1256274908_thumb.jpg

Yes i need more info about the IOATA kext...I restored the SL to my usb and installed the EP45UD3P Snow Leopard install package. After the 9. step of Brett Whinnen's guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119654&st=700&p=1253877entry1253877) i stopped. Thanks any helpful instructions...

Thanks for the help. Here is my screenshot: post-511744-1256274908_thumb.jpg

Yes i need more info about the IOATA kext...I restored the SL to my usb and installed the EP45UD3P Snow Leopard install package. After the 9. step of Brett Whinnen's guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119654&st=700&p=1253877entry1253877) i stopped. Thanks any helpful instructions...

Yea, it is IOATAFamily.kext related. Delete that kext from /S/L/E and proceed with the install.

After you're done with the install, replace it with the one attached and you will have ur optical drive working again... you can place it in Extras/Extensions so it doesn't get deleted with future updates. Repair permissions with KextUtility and you're on ur way...

IOATAFamily.kext_mod_by_the_edge_infinitemac.zip

Yea, it is IOATAFamily.kext related. Delete that kext from /S/L/E and proceed with the install.

After you're done with the install, replace it with the one attached and you will have ur optical drive working again... you can place it in Extras/Extensions so it doesn't get deleted with future updates. Repair permissions with KextUtility and you're on ur way...

Thanks. Can you explain a little bit more how can i delete that kext file form /S/L/E? I downloaded the KextUtility but this part still really confusing for me. The /S/L/E is in the Snow Leopard image file or where is that folder?

One more thing: I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu linux installed on my Dell Inspiron 1720 and i only have on hard drive with a few partition. Is it a problem?

Thanks for all the help and sorry for my newbie questions...

Thanks. Can you explain a little bit more how can i delete that kext file form /S/L/E? I downloaded the KextUtility but this part still really confusing for me. The /S/L/E is in the Snow Leopard image file or where is that folder?

One more thing: I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu linux installed on my Dell Inspiron 1720 and i only have on hard drive with a few partition. Is it a problem?

Thanks for all the help and sorry for my newbie questions...

you could use a existing Leopard install to delete the file. IOATAFamily.kext is located in /System/Library/Extensions.

It is also in the Snow Leopard Image file, you have to show all hidden files and then delete it... I think it would be easiest to use a leopard install, stick in the usb go to System>Library>Extensions and delete the file

you could try -v -s in boot prompt and then when IF you reach the single user prompt then use rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

you could use a existing Leopard install to delete the file. IOATAFamily.kext is located in /System/Library/Extensions.

It is also in the Snow Leopard Image file, you have to show all hidden files and then delete it... I think it would be easiest to use a leopard install, stick in the usb go to System>Library>Extensions and delete the file

you could try -v -s in boot prompt and then when IF you reach the single user prompt then use rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

I don't have existing leopard install and I didn't reach the single user prompt. So I will try the second option. What do you recommend if I want osx and win7 in one HDD? Format > Make two partition > Install osx first?

I don't have existing leopard install and I didn't reach the single user prompt. So I will try the second option. What do you recommend if I want osx and win7 in one HDD? Format > Make two partition > Install osx first?

My install is a bit involved... thats just because I'm anal, I first started with GUID and then restored the install to usb and then restored the USB to MBR partition.. I might go back to guid because it might be interfering with deep-sleep.

Another thing you can do is to find a friend who has a mac, load your usb, delete file, come back home and install... make sure your USB is BOOTABLE! Download Chameleon 2 RC3, Run the installer and point it to your USB...

Here are the simpler instructions that I put on another thread...: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1287474 <-for files etc...

m1530 Snow Leopard Part:

1) Restore vanilla dmg to a usb thumb drive or hd. The thumb drive or hd partition should be guid.

2) Download files from this post.

3) Open Terminal, do sudo -s, put in your pass. navigate to

type: "./<path>/snow_installer-m1530/installnow.sh"

Go thru the installer steps. After the installer is done, replace the DSDT with the one in m1530_generic_dsdt folder. This dsdt DOES NOT have SpeedStep which is processor specific. It doesn't have audio or video/graphics injects. It is the bare

minimum dsdt for m1530.

4) Copy Snow_Installer-m1530 to restore location. I put mine in "Optional Installs" folder. Remember!: DO NOT RESTART COMPUTER AFTER SL INSTALL IS COMPLETE.

*Extra step=Less headaches later: Unhide all files (google search how to show all files in leopard). Go to the USB where you restored the DVD. go to System/Library/Extensions and DELETE IOATAFamily.kext

5) Edit com.apple.boot.plist, the resolution should be the resolution of your screen. The one in this plist is mine.

6) Restart computer, select options which allow you to boot from usb during start.

7) You should be in 10.6 install now.

8) Partition/allocate your hd space in GUID

9) Install SL to the partition of your choice

10) After the install is complete, DO NOT RESTART. Go to terminal from the menubar. no sudo required. do "./Volumes/<name of usb>/Optional \ Installs/snow_installer-m1530/installnow.sh"

Go thru the installer steps.

11) In terminal do

cd /

cd /Volumes/<name of newly created sl partiton>Extra/

rm -RF dsdt.aml

11) Do "cp /Volumes/<name of usb>Optional \ Installs/snow_installer-m1530/m1530_generic_dsdt/dsdt.aml /Extra/

12) In terminal again: *Skip if you deleted IOATAFamily.kext in previous step.

cd /

cd /Volumes/<name of newly created sl partiton>/System/Library/Extensions/

rm -RF /IOATAFamily.kext so that you won't get a kernel panic during boot.

13) Reboot

14) Run kext utility to make caches (faster startup)

15) Reboot, Run in verbose mode and see if you see errors.

To install Win7:

1) Boot CD

2) Install windows to a partition

3) Set Leopard as the active partition so that you can dual boot

4) Ppen a command prompt by pressing Windows Key+R. Type "cmd"

5) type diskpart.

6) type select disk 0 (zero)

7) type list partition

8) You should now see a list that has all the partitons on your hard drive.

9) Select Partition (Snow Leopard Partiton number)

10) Type in "Active" hit enter

When you boot now, Chameleon bootloader should show up.

Fix your ethernet mac and add your wifi on IO80211.kext plist if needed (I have 1395 so I had to add the id into the plist)

If you want to continue using the generic m1530, then you should try the Native SpeedStep kext (install in /Extra/Extensions then run kext utility again)

if you continue using generic m1530 then you should also using graphics enabler option in com.apple.boot.plist

If you use NativeSpeedStep then you won't need nullcpu kext. The same goes if you have a modded dsdt with speedstep inject, remove nullcpu kext.

I hope this helps.

My install is a bit involved... thats just because I'm anal, I first started with GUID and then restored the install to usb and then restored the USB to MBR partition.. I might go back to guid because it might be interfering with deep-sleep...

Thanks donkey, you were really helpful.

But i'm still having difficulties. I removed de IOATA kext so now i could run the SL install (i bought a new HDD to my inspiron 1720, create 3 partition and install to the first one (case-sensitive journaled)). But after the install and the automatic restart when i boot from the HDD (the new partition) i get the grey mac screen again. I will upload a screenshot soon. And one more thing my laptop keyboard is not working. If i attach a usb keyboard, that is working. Is it normal?

Thank you the help from anyone who can help me what is the next step. I hope i'm getting closer to my SL...

Thanks donkey, you were really helpful.

But i'm still having difficulties. I removed de IOATA kext so now i could run the SL install (i bought a new HDD to my inspiron 1720, create 3 partition and install to the first one (case-sensitive journaled)). But after the install and the automatic restart when i boot from the HDD (the new partition) i get the grey mac screen again. I will upload a screenshot soon. And one more thing my laptop keyboard is not working. If i attach a usb keyboard, that is working. Is it normal?

Thank you the help from anyone who can help me what is the next step. I hope i'm getting closer to my SL...

BTW, some apps don't work correctly with case-sensitive journaled filesystem.... ex: Adobe :D

Which DSDT and Voodoo PS2 file are you using?

You have to use: VoodooPS2Controller.kext & AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

BTW, some apps don't work correctly with case-sensitive journaled filesystem.... ex: Adobe :D

Which DSDT and Voodoo PS2 file are you using?

You have to use: VoodooPS2Controller.kext & AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

After i removed the IOATAFamily.kext file from the install S/L/E the problem is still the same. Here is a screenshot:

post-511744-1256553723_thumb.jpg

Which filesystem, what you recommand. I would like to install the Iphone Development SDK and maybe Adobe CS4.

What does it mean i have to use: On the usb or after the install i have to add to that partition the DSDT file and the kext files?

What i'm using? The AppleACIPS2Nub.kext is on my USB but the VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not (ApplePS2Controller.kext is on my USB stick). I'm using the Extra.zip content what i find in Brett Whinnen's guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119654&st=700&p=1253877entry1253877).

Thanks all the helps.

All the ssdt data is in my dsdt posted above under scope (_PR.CPU0/1) I think including _cst tables

to get a dump take a look at this thread using Linux livecd or everest

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=359

timmyj9 does everest give any more tables or any more information in the ACPI tables that a linux Live CD would not?

Just curious since not everyone does run windows. I just installed Windows 7 and will try to compare the tables but wanted a quick response to see if what I am asking is true or not?

If you don't know does anyone else know?

In my opinion for those of us who already have a running OSX Real mac or Hack would it not be easier to format the drive and install SL from there, using either an eSATA or sata to USB converter for the external drive.

I was able to install SL in 6 minutes from 10.5.7 Leopard.

After SL was installed, used the Chameleon RC2 installer and made sure I had EFI ticked and themes. After that I mounted the EFI partition put in my DSDT and all the needed kexts and mods, and replaced the Chameon RC2 boot with Netaks updated boot file version 10.5, unmounted.

All of this took less than 20 minutes.

So much easier by this method and way easier with Desktop Hard drives if you have eSATA!!. All this Boot CD {censored} does not work for me.

Remember Leopard is now 100 % POSIX so a vanilla install works on any PC or Laptop once you refine it.

timmyj9 there is a link to Chrysaor DSDT.aml in the beginning of this tutorial. Would that DSDT be much different than yours?

Chrysaor have you updated your DSDT since 10.5.7?

I know you have included the PSS and CST script from the SSDT table into the DSDT table but do you also have the additional script fixes? RTC, HPET, and the DTGP script for USB, Graphics, LAN and Audio to work correctly?

Thanks

After i removed the IOATAFamily.kext file from the install S/L/E the problem is still the same. Here is a screenshot:

post-511744-1256553723_thumb.jpg

Which filesystem, what you recommand. I would like to install the Iphone Development SDK and maybe Adobe CS4.

What does it mean i have to use: On the usb or after the install i have to add to that partition the DSDT file and the kext files?

What i'm using? The AppleACIPS2Nub.kext is on my USB but the VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not (ApplePS2Controller.kext is on my USB stick). I'm using the Extra.zip content what i find in Brett Whinnen's guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119654&st=700&p=1253877entry1253877).

Thanks all the helps.

I can't recall Brett's install. I remember looking at it a while ago... but, to install SL, I hadto delete IOATAFamily.kext, this way you can install... AFTER installing I had to delete IOATAFamily.kext again, this time on the drive where you installed SL... I did this by using the terminal prompt from the USB installer.... keep ApplePS2Controller kext where it is... add VodooPS2Controller to /Extras along with AppleACPIPS2Nub

I can't recall Brett's install. I remember looking at it a while ago... but, to install SL, I hadto delete IOATAFamily.kext, this way you can install... AFTER installing I had to delete IOATAFamily.kext again, this time on the drive where you installed SL... I did this by using the terminal prompt from the USB installer.... keep ApplePS2Controller kext where it is... add VodooPS2Controller to /Extras along with AppleACPIPS2Nub

Thanks the help. My SL is working but not perfect. Thanks all the help, now i have a small smile on my face, but i didn't sleep too much last night... :(

My Inspiron 1720 graphic card is working fine but i have problems the following important parts: keyboard (usb keyboard working only the laptop keyboard is not working), trackpad, wireless card, network card, shutdown-restart-sleep combo...and maybe some other small things...

My config is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz; RAM: 3GB 667MHz; VGA: Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB; Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 355; Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g.

Thanks, thanks, thanks...

Thanks all the helps (with SL and Inspiron 1720). My keyboard, trackpad, audio and webcam is working now.

Only left a few small (or maybe not to small) step:

a, Is it possible to fix the sleep mode and the restart-shutdown?

b, An amateur question: how can i setup to boot from the hard drive without the usb stick?

c, I heard the Intel 3945 wireless is not working with SL but what about the ethernet card?

d, And finally the optical drive (dvd). Do i need some kext file for that?

Thanks.

My config is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz; RAM: 3GB 667MHz; VGA: Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB; Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 355; Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g.

Thanks all the helps (with SL and Inspiron 1720). My keyboard, trackpad, audio and webcam is working now.

Only left a few small (or maybe not to small) step:

a, Is it possible to fix the sleep mode and the restart-shutdown?

b, An amateur question: how can i setup to boot from the hard drive without the usb stick?

c, I heard the Intel 3945 wireless is not working with SL but what about the ethernet card?

d, And finally the optical drive (dvd). Do i need some kext file for that?

Thanks.

My config is:

a) so far restart/shutdown is not possible

:( grab Chameleon 2 RC3 installer. Install it, point it to your hd and it will boot... if not then you need to set your SL partition as the "active" partition

c) don't know

4) grab a modified IOATAFamily.kext google search: insanely mac IOATAFamily SL kext and grab the file, put it in /EXTRA so its not overwritten in the future.

Hello All

this is my first time posting, but i have been reading here for a while

i have a Dell XPS M1530 with the following specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2Duo 2.20Ghz 4MB Cache T7500

Hard Drive: 200GB

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT 256MB

Display: 15.4" 1440x900

Audio: Sigmatel 92xx

Ethernet: Marvel Yukon 10/100/1000 88e804y

Wireless: Dell Truemobile 1490

Bluetooth

2.0 MP Camera

Fingerprint Reader

DVD Drive - Slot Type

so far this is what is working in Snow Leopard 10.6

shut down and restart

Audio

Ethernet

Wireless

Bluetooth

Camera

Mouse And Trackpad (very sensitive)

Graphics (Without QE/CI)

DVD Drive

to get this far i had to partition my hard drive in to 2 partitions and install leopard 10.5.2 on the first partition

prepared a usb key with snow leopard installation

created a dsdt.aml with dsdt patcher GUI 1.0 and copied to usb key to extras folder

removed IOATAFamily.kext from the system/library/extensions on usb key

added UUID of usb key to smbios.plist in extra folder and platformuuid.kext/info.plist in extra/extensions folder on usb key

created EFI String for graphics card and added it to com.apple.boot.plist in the extras folder on the usb key

booted with usb key with -s and repaired system/library/extensions and extra/extensions on the usb key

rebooted and installed snow leopard on the second partition

booted snow leopard from hard drive with -s using usb key as boot device

removed IOATAFamily.kext from the System/Library/Extensions folder from snow leopard partition

rebooted in to snow leopard from hard drive and copied extras folder from usb key to snow leopard partition

rebooted snow leopard from hard drive with -s and repaired permissions for system/library/extensions and extra/Extensions on snow leopard partition

rebooted back in to snow leopard and the items in the working list above were working straight away

my problem is that i can't get QE/CI to work using the EFI String method

when adding the efi string which com.apple.boot.plist do i use - the one in the extras folder or the one in library/preferences/system configuration

someone mentioned here about using an nvidia enabler, where do i find that and where do i put it

except for the graphics problem i have a perfectly working snow leopard system on my dell XPS M1530 laptop

i will make available my extras folder to anyone who needs it, especially the person who helps me fix my graphics problem and they need the folder

Thank you all for your help through this thread so far, keep up the good work

Raptor123

Hello All

this is my first time posting, but i have been reading here for a while

i have a Dell XPS M1530 with the following specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2Duo 2.20Ghz 4MB Cache T7500

Hard Drive: 200GB

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT 256MB

Display: 15.4" 1440x900

Audio: Sigmatel 92xx

Ethernet: Marvel Yukon 10/100/1000 88e804y

Wireless: Dell Truemobile 1490

Bluetooth

2.0 MP Camera

Fingerprint Reader

DVD Drive - Slot Type

shut down and restart

Audio

Ethernet

Wireless

Bluetooth

Camera

Graphics (Without QE/CI)

DVD Drive

to get this far i had to partition my hard drive in to 2 partitions and install leopard 10.5.2 on the first partition

prepared a usb key with snow leopard installation

created a dsdt.aml with dsdt patcher GUI 1.0 and copied to usb key to extras folder

removed IOATAFamily.kext from the system/library/extensions on usb key

added UUID of usb key to smbios.plist in extra folder and platformuuid.kext/info.plist in extra/extensions folder on usb key

created EFI String for graphics card and added it to com.apple.boot.plist in the extras folder on the usb key

booted with usb key with -s and repaired system/library/extensions and extra/extensions on the usb key

rebooted and installed snow leopard on the second partition

booted snow leopard from hard drive with -s using usb key as boot device

removed IOATAFamily.kext from the System/Library/Extensions folder from snow leopard partition

rebooted in to snow leopard from hard drive and copied extras folder from usb key to snow leopard partition

rebooted snow leopard from hard drive with -s and repaired permissions for system/library/extensions and extra/Extensions on snow leopard partition

rebooted back in to snow leopard and the items in the working list above were working straight away

my problem is that i can't get QE/CI to work using the EFI String method

when adding the efi string which com.apple.boot.plist do i use - the one in the extras folder or the one in library/preferences/system configuration

someone mentioned here about using an nvidia enabler, where do i find that and where do i put it

except for the graphics problem i have a perfectly working snow leopard system on my dell XPS M1530 laptop

i will make available my extras folder to anyone who needs it, especially the person who helps me fix my graphics problem and they need the folder

Thank you all for your help through this thread so far, keep up the good work

Raptor123

You can delete the one in /L/P/System Configuration.... use the one from /Extra

I think its best if you use gfx in a DSDT, I could never find a good---working efi string for 8600mGT. You could try Graphics Enabeler = Yes in boot.plist... that might work.

Ethernet should work, did it work for you in 10.5.7?

Find someone who had a DSDT with your specs. Some ppl have worked on it with GFX and SpeedStep working.

a) so far restart/shutdown is not possible

;) grab Chameleon 2 RC3 installer. Install it, point it to your hd and it will boot... if not then you need to set your SL partition as the "active" partition

c) don't know

4) grab a modified IOATAFamily.kext google search: insanely mac IOATAFamily SL kext and grab the file, put it in /EXTRA so its not overwritten in the future.

Hi donkey. Thanks all your help. Without you i'm still playing with my usb stick and now i have a nice SL on my laptop.

The boot now working with your help (Chameleon 2 RC3) but the DVD still not ok with this (IOATAFamily) solution.

Thanks again and again...

shut down and restart

Audio

Ethernet

Wireless

Bluetooth

Camera

Graphics (Without QE/CI)

DVD Drive

Hi Raptor123. I have an Inspiron1720 which a little bit different than your laptop but i'm interested how did you managed the fix with the DVD Drive and the Shutdown and Restart. Maybe that would be helpful for me.

What about the sleep mode? Have you got any luck with the sleeping mode?

Thanks,

Dan

You can delete the one in /L/P/System Configuration.... use the one from /Extra

I think its best if you use gfx in a DSDT, I could never find a good---working efi string for 8600mGT. You could try Graphics Enabeler = Yes in boot.plist... that might work.

Ethernet should work, did it work for you in 10.5.7?

Find someone who had a DSDT with your specs. Some ppl have worked on it with GFX and SpeedStep working.

thanks for your reply and help

this is what sorted the problem:

1. deleted the com.apple.boot.plist from /Library/Preferences/System Configuration

2. added the vendor id of the graphics card to NVDAresman.kext and NVD50hal.kext in System/Library/Extensions - not sure if needed

3. added the following to com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra and deleted the efi string

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-pci0</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

these settings only work with chameleon 2 rc3-658

4. rebooted with -s and repaired permissions in /System/Library/Extensions and Extra/Extensions

5. rebooted normally and all is working ok now WITH QE/CI

to test if you have QE/CI working open up dvd player - if it opens QE/CI is working, if it comes up with an error QE/CI is not working

with snow leopard in system profile for graphics/displays the QE/CI features are not listed anymore

so you cant tell if QE/CI is working or not

hope this is some help to you all

Raptor123

Hi donkey. Thanks all your help. Without you i'm still playing with my usb stick and now i have a nice SL on my laptop.

The boot now working with your help (Chameleon 2 RC3) but the DVD still not ok with this (IOATAFamily) solution.

Thanks again and again...

Hi Raptor123. I have an Inspiron1720 which a little bit different than your laptop but i'm interested how did you managed the fix with the DVD Drive and the Shutdown and Restart. Maybe that would be helpful for me.

Thanks,

Dan

If you're up to it, you might want to make yourself a DSDT.aml for your computer so that you can use vanilla power management. This should enable your sleeping as well as speed-stepping.

I've made a guide for doing this here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...190780&st=0

It's meant for M1330's and M1530's, but my guess is that your computer is close enough that the same method will work.

Thanks,

Dan

the dvd problem was sorted by removing IOATAFamilt.kext from /system/library/extensions from your snow leopard installation and using the modified one in extra/extensions

the shutdown and restart was working fine with chameleon 2.0 rc2-640 but when i added the graphics settings in to com.apple.boot.plist in extra/Extensions it does not work any more - have a few queries on a few forums regarding this, waiting for replies

i know sleep is a major problem with this laptop, i don't use sleep, sorry, i had enough problems trying to get my graphics working and now my restart and shutdown are broken

i will attach the ioatafamily.kext i,m using to get my dvd drive working when i get home later tonight

Later

Raptor123