• Please log in to reply
1087 replies to this topic

gman8966

gman8966

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Sure. Sorry for the delay. This is from memory, so forgive me if I miss a step. For anyone else, only do this if you have a correctly working Vanilla 10.5.7 install! I have no idea how this will work with a distro, but you can try it if you are brave....

Thanks, guide worked great!! Sleep works again now! (Vanilla on XPS 1330, 10.5.8)

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Thanks, guide worked great!! Sleep works again now! (Vanilla on XPS 1330, 10.5.8)

Glad to hear it!

knauhsty

knauhsty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
anyone know if the guide + kexts work for snow leopard?

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Time Machine on M1330

A while back I had Time Machine working on an iAtkos v5i install. To be honest, I don't remember how I did it. Due to lazyness, I never attempted to get it working under my Vanilla install following wingrunr21's guide until recently. I was surprised and frusterated to find how long it took to get it to work! Since I did manage to figure it out, I thought I'd post my findings to help out anyone trying to do the same.

Basically the problem is Time Machine needs a MAC address from a "built in" network interface. With the DSDT.aml attached to this guide, the working network interfaces in the computer (wireless and firewire) are not detected as built in. This can be seen in the following file:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

If you try to change the BuiltIn flag to "true" in this plist with the DSDT.aml file installed, the change will be lost on next reboot. To solve this problem, simply rename the DSDT.aml file to whatever you want (I use DSDT.aml.old) and changes you make to the plist will stick and be followed! Everything else should operate the same as it did before, including the clamshell. Just remember to rename the DSDT.aml back if you want to do an upgrade.

Step by step:
1. Rename /DSDT.aml to /DSDT.aml.old
2. In the file
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
under the <dict> that contains the key:
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
<string>IEEE80211</string>

change the key value
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>

to:
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

Then you should be good to go! P.S. I'm sure there's a better way of doing this (patching the DSDT.aml so that it writes the .plist as "built in" in the first place?), but this works just fine.

mansueto

mansueto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Who tell me, what kext's are load the keyboard?
Sorry for my English.

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
Hello M1530 users,

Here is an update to my DSDT for M1530..

Includes support for:

NVIDIA injection with VGA, HDMI, extended and mirror mode and lid sleep support (supported in previous DSDT)
Audio injection support (supported in previous DSDT)
Vanilla SpeedStep (use MacBookPro5,1 as model identifier, C-States doesn't work for now)
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement loads (required for vanilla speedstep, remove Disabler etc )
Fixes the USB improperly removed alert after sleep (thanks to ApexDE)
Doesn't need VoodooEHCI/Sleepenabler for sleep
Built-in Ethernet in System Profiler/PCI cards (cosmetic)
Wireless card in System Profiler/PCI cards (cosmetic)

Two versions:
with vanilla speedstep support for T8300 and without.

Attached File  DSDT_M1530_noSpeedStep.aml.zip   8.5KB   56 downloads

Attached File  DSDT_M1530_T8300_SpeedStep.aml.zip   8.8KB   75 downloads

Vanilla speedstep is for T8300 ONLY, do NOT use it on other CPUs. If you want to include your CPU, you need to dump your CPU0IST table or calculate it yourself. (Here is a good place to start) Decompile the DSDT and replace P-states for your own CPU.

Tested in 10.5.8, not tested in Snow Leopard.

freshman42

freshman42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Chrysaor - First of all - thanks for the update.

Secondly - I just wanted to make sure I do this correctly - after I install the DSDT to the root file I need to go to the terminal and type SUDO commands - correct? And if so, would you mind re-posting those commands? If this isn't the preferred way please let us know...

Thanks in advance...

Brett Whinnen

Brett Whinnen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Hello M1530 users,

Here is an update to my DSDT for M1530..

Includes support for:

NVIDIA injection with VGA, HDMI, extended and mirror mode and lid sleep support (supported in previous DSDT)
Audio injection support (supported in previous DSDT)
Vanilla SpeedStep (use MacBookPro5,1 as model identifier, C-States doesn't work for now)
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement loads (required for vanilla speedstep, remove Disabler etc )
Fixes the USB improperly removed alert after sleep (thanks to ApexDE)
Doesn't need VoodooEHCI/Sleepenabler for sleep
Built-in Ethernet in System Profiler/PCI cards (cosmetic)
Wireless card in System Profiler/PCI cards (cosmetic)

Two versions:
with vanilla speedstep support for T8300 and without.

Attached File  DSDT_M1530_noSpeedStep.aml.zip   8.5KB   56 downloads

Attached File  DSDT_M1530_T8300_SpeedStep.aml.zip   8.8KB   75 downloads

Vanilla speedstep is for T8300 ONLY, do NOT use it on other CPUs. If you want to include your CPU, you need to dump your CPU0IST table or calculate it yourself. (Here is a good place to start) Decompile the DSDT and replace P-states for your own CPU.

Tested in 10.5.8, not tested in Snow Leopard.

Thanks for the new DSDT. I am having a few problems with it.

Running 10.5.7, smbios.plist sets me up as a macbookpro5,1 and works with the old DSDT fine. I've installed this one and done the following:

Removed the /E/E/Disabler.kext
Removed the /S/L/E/Disabler.kext (yeah I know was in both spots)
Removed /S/L/Extensions.mkext

Boot into single user and I get a Still waiting for root device ...

I put everything back but still use the new DSDT.aml (without as I have a different proc) and get the same result.

Put the old DSDT.aml back and it boots fine.

M1530, bios A12, running 9300 processor, 4GB RAM, intel wireless and Dell 1505 wireless, Yukon 2 etc, booting from external USB.

I'd like to use this one and add my SSDT infor for the 9300 when I figure out the translation from the SSDT.dsl file :)

Thanks,

Brett

CryzHiss

CryzHiss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
If you have Chameleon 2.0 installed, you need to place the DSDT.aml in the /Extra-Folder, else in the root, as you said.

The Terminal-commands are:

(for Chameleon 2.0)
sudo chmod 755 /Extra/DSDT.aml
sudo chown 0:0 /Extra/DSDT.aml

(for every other bootloader)
sudo chmod 755 /DSDT.aml
sudo chown 0:0 /DSDT.aml

And also a thanks from me for the update, Chrysaor!

Brett Whinnen

Brett Whinnen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Some further testing. If I put it on the built-in drive it works, well boots. System Profiler shows up the right information as described.

However no USB devices are found at all, and the biometric reader stop working. Perhaps that is why the USB had issues booting, not sure if it is just my version of the M1530. Any info you want or need let me know and I can grab it!

Thanks for all your hard work, it is brilliant :)

CryzHiss

CryzHiss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Okay, this is interesting. I thought I'm the only one with problems with the fingerprint sensor. Every.. 2. boot or so, it stops working. Since I don't have any other USB hardware connected, I didn't realize it was a problem of USB.

(Also M1530, T8300)

timmyj

timmyj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Chrysaor thanks as well

so I went into a ubuntu live cd, dumped my ACPI tables, got your DSDT.aml, decompiled and edited it to my PSS values from my linux dump

im running snow and the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is loading successfully however how do I verify that the vanilla speedstep is working?..i've got netkas's cpu-x but its just giving me a stable 2.6GHz is that because c-states arent working?
thanks
tim

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Chrysaor - First of all - thanks for the update.

Secondly - I just wanted to make sure I do this correctly - after I install the DSDT to the root file I need to go to the terminal and type SUDO commands - correct? And if so, would you mind re-posting those commands? If this isn't the preferred way please let us know...

Thanks in advance...

Depending on your bootloader, you may need to put it on either /Extra (for PCI_EFI 10, Chameleon 2) or in / (for mackerintel's older Chameleon mod). You don't need to set any permissions for DSDT.

Some further testing. If I put it on the built-in drive it works, well boots. System Profiler shows up the right information as described.

However no USB devices are found at all, and the biometric reader stop working. Perhaps that is why the USB had issues booting, not sure if it is just my version of the M1530. Any info you want or need let me know and I can grab it!

Thanks for all your hard work, it is brilliant :(

Okay, this is interesting. I thought I'm the only one with problems with the fingerprint sensor. Every.. 2. boot or so, it stops working. Since I don't have any other USB hardware connected, I didn't realize it was a problem of USB.

(Also M1530, T8300)

Left side USB ports are not working (fingerprint reader is connected to that bus so it won't work also) is a known random issue, used to happen to me, not exactly sure what causes it. If you are booting from an external USB hdd, it won't work so the waiting for root device is expected.
Try this one, I put the old HPET back so you need Disabler for AICPUPM.

Attached File  DSDT_M1530_test.zip   8.51KB   9 downloads

Chrysaor thanks as well

so I went into a ubuntu live cd, dumped my ACPI tables, got your DSDT.aml, decompiled and edited it to my PSS values from my linux dump

im running snow and the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is loading successfully however how do I verify that the vanilla speedstep is working?..i've got netkas's cpu-x but its just giving me a stable 2.6GHz is that because c-states arent working?
thanks
tim

You can verify it with MSR tools.

timmyj

timmyj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
msr tools won't load on snow in 32 or 64-bit mode

gman8966

gman8966

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Sounds like some of you with 1530's have updated to 10.6 already, what success are you having with working/not working pieces? I have a 1330 and was thinking of doing an update off the disc. Anyone advise against this if I back everything up?

Thanks all!

Brett Whinnen

Brett Whinnen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Thanks for the clarification Chrysaor. I assumed that the biometric sensor was off the USB hub, just didn't know which one.

A question on the _PSS states you calculated. I can see that the T8300 is a 12x FID which corresponds to the second _PSS entry 0xC, although I see you have a 0xD which should respond to a 13x for the FID in the first entry that is 2401MHz at a voltage of 0x28 or 1.150mV

Question, I have a T9300 which goes to a 12.5x (12.5 x 200MHz for 2.5GHz) I've not been able to figure out for the life of me how to calculate a 1/2 FID.

Thanks again,

Brett

timmyj

timmyj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
brett
im not sure if mines working
but i got my p-states from just booting up a live cd and collecting the ssdt table dumps and taking the pss values from there, but perhaps instead of havng the calculate everything u can just grab them off linux using acpi dump or everest on windows

Brett Whinnen

Brett Whinnen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

brett
im not sure if mines working
but i got my p-states from just booting up a live cd and collecting the ssdt table dumps and taking the pss values from there, but perhaps instead of havng the calculate everything u can just grab them off linux using acpi dump or everest on windows

Might try that. Was trying to avoid rebooting into a live linux cd.

Also grab MSR Tools, that will show you if the speed step is working. I'm using the DSDT with settings for the T8300 and speed step is working perfectly with the T9300, the CSTATES are the same between both CPU's it seems.

Did you just modify the _PSS tables in the DSDT just provided? And what tool did you use to recompile the .aml? IASL ME?

Thanks,

Brett

Brett Whinnen

Brett Whinnen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Alright got the power states in for the T9300. MSR Tools shows speed step working correctly. No Disabler kext and no VoodooPower kext either.

Now is there anyway I can get the LHS USB and biometric reader working keeping this in place?

Great work.

talisman

talisman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Alright got the power states in for the T9300. MSR Tools shows speed step working correctly. No Disabler kext and no VoodooPower kext either.

Please post your DSDT, Ill have a look at the USB as I can see some free time this weekend...

also specify any mods you have made to Chysaor's one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy