New Search Platform

40 posts in this topic

Same here

The error returned was:

There was an error processing the request. Please go back and try again, or contact an administrator for assistance.

connection to unix:///var/socketproxy/insanelymac.com/searchd:0 failed (errno=2, msg=No such file or directory)

• 2 months later...

I attempted to do a simple search for anyone who has had success with a Foxconn p45a, yet the search results returns:

Search Results You searched for: foxconn p45a Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.

I know for a fact that this post/string exist because Google returned it and that is how I ended up here in the first place! ;) Here is the link:

Foxconn p45a-s Works perfectly

Also if I select Post-Installation Discussion for my "Search Where" field and just use Foxconn for the query string I get returns that use Foxconn but not the above post. Also, if I search for the poster trlla I get their post, but if I search keyword Foxconn and trlla I get the same zero return message above.

Anyhow, thought this info would help you track down some search bugs!

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this in a "new site design" feedback thread... I am posting it here too for future reference because search is a critical aspect to OSx86 and proper use of this forum... but search features built-in to this site continue to suck....

I was searching for a BadAxe1 RAID installatoin note thread I created months ago...

Compare what the Google search field at the top of the site returns for "bofors + badaxe + vanilla + raid":

- http://www.insanelymac.com/search.php?cx=0...anilla+%2B+raid

(2 results, neither is what I was looking for.)

With direct use of Google with "site:insanelymac.com bofors + badaxe + vanilla + raid"

- http://www.google.com/search?client=safari...-8&oe=UTF-8

(129 results, the first one is exactly what I was looking for.)

I suppose we could just blame Google here, but we are supposed on the cutting of edge of technology here.

Can't we search within the forum software?

Google doesn't find posts within seconds right after they have been posted, and Google is never guaranteed to be exhaustive.

Why not just use the forum's own search function?

• 3 months later...

Too bad search has been broken for over a year...

The error returned was:

There was an error processing the request. Please go back and try again, or contact an administrator for assistance.

connection to unix:///var/socketproxy/insanelymac.com/searchd:0 failed (errno=2, msg=No such file or directory)

• 2 weeks later...

same problem here, it used to work after trying it 3-5 times, but now the search function just keeps showing:

The error returned was:

too bad as the search function is really something crucial!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I get faaar too often the red banner with the error.

I search the word 'server' in the OSX Snow forum, or the full post title= OSX server 10.6 succesfull install

or some of the words of 'title' and I get the red error banner. Must I always include the & between the words? or shall I always type "OSX server 10.6 succesfull install"

with the quotes?

How should I search in order to get results?

many thanks iA

PS: I dont want to resort to google.... :)

Again today Error:

simply typed: 'Gigabyte' in the search field, and got: :D

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

search unusable. Please do something!!!!! Or explain where I should type word(s) for search.... :P

• 7 months later...