Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6

sheeplover

332 posts in this topic

The DS5 should work as well because it has nearly the same components. But I'm not 100% sure.

I upgraded to 10.5.5 today using the combo-updater and the netkas method for preventing AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext to be written.

Update worked but now the ICH10 isn't recognized anymore - all sata-drives are shown as unknown external devices.

More to come...

== EDIT ==

reinstalled kext from LS8_v12 package

Drives are now shown as internal again but still the ICH10 bridge isn't recognized and shown as unknown device.

Besides that no obvious problems.

Update worked but now the ICH10 isn't recognized anymore - all sata-drives are shown as unknown external devices.

<...>

reinstalled kext from LS8_v12 package

Drives are now shown as internal again but still the ICH10 bridge isn't recognized and shown as unknown device.

So what you're saying is that anyone using SATA has to reinstall LS8_v12?

I have just installed the Leopard 10.5.5 delta update from my retail 10.5.4 using the netkas method.

I did not use Leopard Software Update Installer, but downloaded the package and launched the installation manually.

Installation went smoothly :) No kext to re-install or remove

Like Sheeplover my HD's appear as external with orange icons, but apparently this does not create any issue. By the way, ICH10 has always shown as "Unknown" on my setup, but it works !

Time Machine still does not work, but I did not expect this update to fix the bug. Not a big deal for me.

Reboot works fine, but shutdown does not work every time which is quite strange :censored2: The fix I have found so far is simply to reboot and then use the shutdown menu once the finder is completely loaded : this way, it works, but do not ask me why :D

I installed the update exactly as described by Thierry ... it is the safest way.

The "issue" with the orange HDDs seems to be only cosmetics but it can be resolved by reinstalling the kexts from LS8_v12 after upgrading to 10.5.5. Nothing special about it - you can do it manually or use kexthelper.

But I realized something interessting: When I used the P35-mobo with the ICH9-bridge I had this optical-drive issue where the drive gets locked up when entering passive mode (or sleep mode). When this happened, the mounted volume was still shown as icon but Finder frooze when trying to read on it or eject the disc.

Since the new mobo with ICH10 my opticals seem to be recognized as a HDD and the problem is gone. Normal ejecting still after hours or days with the disc in the drive.

I think we will see more compatibiltiy for ICH10-mobos with the updates to come. Upgrades on Powerbooks and iMacs will show ICH10 bridges in the near future unless Apple really switches to Nvidia chipsets. (Which I don't hope for).

Time Machine works. I use it - but it is the same problem as with other boards: you have to choose between TM and bonjour. Setting up the EFI-string for the NIC makes bonjour unidirectional and you hackintosh can't be connected to from the network over afp.

Hello guys,

I'm wondering about the ICH10R, and the Realtek ALC889A audio.

First of all about the Audio - I understood that the ALC889A has some problems with "Popping" ? what does that mean ? Is there a fix ?

about the ICH10R does it or does'nt it work ? if it is unrecognized are there any performance issues with it ?

It is really important for me to get a reply quick because I already have to decide which board I am going to buy.

Besides ? are the any alternatives for the ALC889A which are onboard ?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

...THX a lot - very good Informations !!! :pyth: ...

One additional question: Have you tested all 10 S-ATA-Ports?

I have a Gigabyte EP35-DS3P working with all the 6+2 S-ATA-Ports ->> now I want to add some more - or better: I want to built one "personal little Server" (only one more system with shared HDDs) with max. HDDs (10 sounds very good :( ) an than use my DS3P as an every-day-PC: With the ten SATA-Port DQ6 I would been very very very ... (and a lot more) happy.

Best regards 2 you (and also 2 all people that help here in x86-sence...)!

THX!!!

wing

Edited by wingwing

Time Machine works. I use it - but it is the same problem as with other boards: you have to choose between TM and bonjour. Setting up the EFI-string for the NIC makes bonjour unidirectional and you hackintosh can't be connected to from the network over afp.

On GA-P35-DS4 I have both TM and AFP working, with EFI string - PCI network card based on RTL8139 ($10 on eBay).

BTW did you try the Psystar Realtek R1000 driver?

HELP...Please...

I bought and assembled a new gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R mobo (very similiar to the D6Q).

I installed leopard but have a few issues tough.

I installed with an unmodified boot132 and a 10.5.0 retail, my macbook's 10.5.2 DVD gave me a "cannot install on this computer" message.

Installation went clear but the following issues are really disturbing:

1. Most annoying - No shutdown or restart (just throbber going forever)

2. No boot from the HD - I know that i should use the boot cd or a flash drive to load, but when i try to boot from the HD, it just gets stuck after the "Verifying DPMI pool data" message, which is weird, was expecting another behaviour. (this behaviour is the same when trying to boot an empty HFS journaled pastition)

3. Memory modules recognized as 400 Mhz although they are DDR3 1066.

Suggestions to any of these issues ? And to why my macbook's DVD did not want to install?

Please help ? :)

Thanks,

Jonathan

hi, i have.nt gotten yet to install the drivers of the sound card, i am now busy with making the system boot and have shutdown sleep and restart.

I do have an idea you should check though: did you make sure that the permissions of the extensions are correct? (chmod, chown)

How did you solve the booting, shutdown sleep and restart issues? If u didnt have these issues how did you install and what version?

Good luck,

Jonathan

Hi there, I have a Gigabyte EP45-DS3R witch use alc889a, same sound card as you, I have dumped my Codecs via ubuntu and use Apple HDA patcher 1.2 but my sound card is still undetected. I can"t undesrtand why. My system is 10.5.5 with Vanilla kernel, could you help?? Thanks in advance

I found a solution, not my work, but I share i. Thanks to MadTux, he found a way to patch 10.5.5 AppleHDA to work perfectly with acl889a.

Here is the link for the tread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127227

Everyone with 889a should use this solution because it's made from a 10.5.5 kext and not an older one!!!

Ps: I wondering if osx can be install with native ich10r raid (not software)??

HELP...Please...

I bought and assembled a new gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R mobo (very similiar to the D6Q).

I installed leopard but have a few issues tough.

I installed with an unmodified boot132 and a 10.5.0 retail, my macbook's 10.5.2 DVD gave me a "cannot install on this computer" message.

Installation went clear but the following issues are really disturbing:

2. No boot from the HD - I know that i should use the boot cd or a flash drive to load, but when i try to boot from the HD, it just gets stuck after the "Verifying DPMI pool data" message, which is weird, was expecting another behaviour. (this behaviour is the same when trying to boot an empty HFS journaled pastition)

Suggestions to any of these issues ? And to why my macbook's DVD did not want to install?

Please help ? :)

Thanks,

Jonathan

--This is a common problem. Shutdown fix is a bit complicated and involves installing CHUD, there are good threads on the forum about how to do this but i just don't bother since it doesn't affect anything. Once it closes out and goes to the spinning wheel screen i just hold down the power to shutoff.

-- For reboot there is an easy fix. Please look at LS8's thread about his v12 package and in his main post there is a link to restart fix kext which is a fixed version of the ACPI kext. after installing this kext restart works as normal.

2. No boot from the HD...

-- You must install Chameleon EFI to boot without the 132 CD. and you must install the kext from the 132 CD for it to boot properly without. If you have installed chameleon and installed these kexts, and still cannot boot from the HDD then you may have the wrong boot device/order setup in your BIOS. You must also make sure that your drive is partitioned GUID.

--Please update your bios to the latest version (11) and if the memory is still running slower than you expect, you may have to set the timings manually in the bios.

[Edit] Also memory speed and bus speed are often not reported correctly in 'about this mac'. However this is not important. If the memory and bus speed shows properly during post and in the bios, it is running at the proper speed.[/Edit]

Let me know if this helps,

genzai