Show Your Connection Speed!

189 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

01345084.png

not bad saying i dont pay a penny as im using one of my hacked cable modems and a cloned mac address :D

i could hook as many as i want up and load balance them but i still wouldnt get as fast as you comcast peeps but hey ho 50 meg drops here in a few months so i suppose 3 50 meg modems via a linux router with load balancing will when it rolls out here

and if any vm ( virgin media ) peeps are wondering about the upload thats because im running the latest business config thats 20 meg down 1 meg up

anyway now for the shameless plug any uk peeps interested in a hacked modem give me a shout i do them for £40 delivered you can use your existing modems mac address and all other relevent information

and may i add if they decide to cap my connection i just change the modems mac address and im back up with no speed restriction :D whoopah

• 3 weeks later...
01345084.png

not bad saying i dont pay a penny as im using one of my hacked cable modems and a cloned mac address :D

i could hook as many as i want up and load balance them but i still wouldnt get as fast as you comcast peeps but hey ho 50 meg drops here in a few months so i suppose 3 50 meg modems via a linux router with load balancing will when it rolls out here

and if any vm ( virgin media ) peeps are wondering about the upload thats because im running the latest business config thats 20 meg down 1 meg up

anyway now for the shameless plug any uk peeps interested in a hacked modem give me a shout i do them for £40 delivered you can use your existing modems mac address and all other relevent information

and may i add if they decide to cap my connection i just change the modems mac address and im back up with no speed restriction :mellow: whoopah

Docsis3 isnt hacked yet in the UK, Once 50Mbit rollout is complete the rollout of the encrypted configs will continue and be fully complete, so that blows your idea out of the water.

Also, 3x50Mbit modems on one card would screw every other customer on that ubr, how nice of you :mellow:

Also, the upload speed for 50Mbit is 1.5Mbit upload.

did you notice the " i suppose" in my post aka speculation

and wind your neck in if i wanted to kill my ubr i more than have the means to do so what with over 20 250 and 255 ambits to hand and also over 50 ambit 256's with the spi progger to hack them.

but by your reasoning if a ubr has more than 3 50 meg connections on it then it will kill the ubr ????? like wtf know what your talking about before spouting such utter tripe.

oh and as far as docsis 3 goes yeah your right it " HASN'T" been hacked yet but time will tell on that one.

and as far as the config goes so what if they encrypt the config file all you have to do is drop on a 50 meg mac then you dont need to force the config and then you dont have to worry about config encryption not that it bothers ex telewest areas anyway its strictly a c&w or some pure ntl area problem at the moment and i see no reason for it to change.

now go on your way with your little troll post if you have nothing contuctive then why bother bumping your gums

did you notice the " i suppose" in my post aka speculation

and wind your neck in if i wanted to kill my ubr i more than have the means to do so what with over 20 250 and 255 ambits to hand and also over 50 ambit 256's with the spi progger to hack them.

Each card only has 38Mbit currently, hook as many modems up as you like, you'd still be tied to 38Mbit, the only advantage would be the upstream but even that would cap out at 6Mbit.

but by your reasoning if a ubr has more than 3 50 meg connections on it then it will kill the ubr ????? like wtf know what your talking about before spouting such utter tripe.

3 Cloned modems sucking 150Mbit of bandwith will kill everyone elses connections yes, you dont know what you're talking about, you realise connections are sold on the basis that people wont actually use them for long, right? like bts adsl is sold on the basis of each user using 22KB/s at any one given point.

oh and as far as docsis 3 goes yeah your right it " HASN'T" been hacked yet but time will tell on that one.

If people in america have been trying for 4 years and got nowhere, how long do you think it will take us?

and as far as the config goes so what if they encrypt the config file all you have to do is drop on a 50 meg mac then you dont need to force the config and then you dont have to worry about config encryption not that it bothers ex telewest areas anyway its strictly a c&w or some pure ntl area problem at the moment and i see no reason for it to change.

now go on your way with your little troll post if you have nothing contuctive then why bother bumping your gums

That's nice, if you can find a 50Mbit mac, which at £57/month you're going to have trouble with, only 13% of VM customers take up 20Mbit, how many do you think will take up 50?

Now go on your way, its past your bedtime.

Perhaps one should learn of a wonderful thing called grammar, mine may not be perfect but at least i'm understandable, i had a hard time reading what you had to say, did you go to school? i guess you were one of the sort who sat there drawing faces on the little sperm in science class, heh?

Oh and just to prove a point, the encrypted config rollout stopped because the DHCP servers needed upgrading, which, as anyone with technical knowledge knows is being done along with the predocsis3 rollout and the new 10k chassis, then it is to be rolled out all across the network ;) oh and your wrong, a few ex telewest got the encrypted config treatment less than a week ago :)

• 1 month later...

329216058.png

I feel sad... :P

Its supposed to be a 128k/128k line, but OSX just gets half(Its ISDN Dial-{censored})

EDIT----------

329226087.png

This is at full connection

EDIT----------

And I pay around $20 for this.....Well this is the best I can get, for now. The depressing part is that im switching to a 512k/128k, because I won't pay around $200 for 4096k/768k. My ISP sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

364903543.png

This is some crapy DSL Broadband ISP in Ghana,

they advertise 128kb/s for like $43 a month

and when they hook you up initially you could get speeds as hight as 1200 and 800

then they systematically break it down to like 90...80...70....60...45...34...24...15...

thats where i'm stuck at 15kb/s

i should take 1st prize for this Thread

still dunno why the test is saying 104kb/s

maybe its becuz i got blacklisted for using torrentz alot

anyway i'm actively looking for a way around this.....

it'll be my second sweetest victory next to installing Mac OSX Leopard

in a Windows Stereotyped dominated part of the world

anyone know a way around this

• 2 weeks later...