ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi, i will switch from NV 7600 GT to ATI 2600 XT 256 MB PCIe next week.

I have 10.5.3 installed

Are the ati 2600 dl pack with 10.5.3 drivers or are they older ?

Are there an solution by using an natit injext + EFI strings using orig. ATI driver (incl. all other opengl things ) ?

I used only Nvidia cards since osx86 (1,5 year, 10.4.9 up) , thats the reason for my questions.

Thanks

Hi, i will switch from NV 7600 GT to ATI 2600 XT 256 MB PCIe next week.

I have 10.5.3 installed

Are the ati 2600 dl pack with 10.5.3 drivers or are they older ?

Are there an solution by using an natit injext + EFI strings using orig. ATI driver (incl. all other opengl things ) ?

I used only Nvidia cards since osx86 (1,5 year, 10.4.9 up) , thats the reason for my questions.

Thanks

you can use both natit and EFI String for 2600xt but its all up to you :(

more fixes are coming. my stomack been acting up :wacko:

hello, it seems like everyone with 3650, who performed 10.5.3 kalyway combo update, have white menus bug. leo4all and kalyway. I saw one post where someone with iatkos updated to 10.5.3 and everyhting was working.. so hope you will wind the way to fix it.. thanks for your good work!

Thank you for creating the installers for all the various cards it is greatly appreciated. When I was attempting to download the driver package for the 2600XT Pcie I get this error from the hosting site "The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire." Could someone please upload a new file.

Thank you,

Danzo ;)

To fix the white menu issue with 3650 & Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update, you can just install the 10.5.3 combo update first before installing 3650 drivers.

Hello.. It worked for you? I'm not sure, if I'm able to make whole reinstall;) .. any way to 'roll back', update, and then drivers ?

id really like to shout out big props to Netkas and lastExile for all the support and effort helping people like me to get their drivers working. im another hd2600 (8591) lucky winner, before i had an intel gpu that got qe/ci in no time, it was great. now this one more of an effort, but a simple effort though, of digging for the info, installing some files and so on. i mean, the real work is putting it together, the extra mile is sharing it and caring for others. we all know anything is possible, especially if is just code, but only some have those skills and patience. anyways. i`ll be waiting patiently to get my ati working with full 3d acceleration, i know is work in progress, and that so many out there figured it out and got it working by themselves. im sure ill just have to click a couple times, maybe erase or overwritte a few files, and thats it... so thats why im thankful and so excited about this work. is funny that after waiting a couple of months to clear out my vista and backin up all my work so i can have the resource and time to try every install, i come to be in the waiting list for working hardware. keep up the great work and attitude!

To fix the white menu issue with 3650 & Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update, you can just install the 10.5.3 combo update first before installing 3650 drivers.

1) Can anyone to confirm that procedure works?

2) I'm thinking to buy a saphire HD 3650 512MB/128 Bits... Is this card working flawless at least on 10.5.2 or need white menu fix?

3) About heating... Has HD 3650 that issue on 10.5.2 and 10.5.3?

Thanks in advance

I got my 3650 working on 10.5.3 without the white menu bug:

1. installed iAtkos 2.0i

2. installed the driver package for my video card

3. installed the 10.5.3 update, but not Kalyway's. I used the Jas OsX86 10.5.3 Intel SSE3 Combo Update.

Updating didn't remove QE/CI etc... However, this combo made my system profiler crash, so I had to replace SPPlatformReporter.spreporter with the one from the iAtkos install dvd. And made booting time quite long (with Kalyway combo I didn't have this behaviour), but that's another issue, to be discussed elsewhere.

post-142969-1213106236_thumb.png

The card is a Sapphire; I don't know if it has overheating issues, but I'm running Leo all day long and i haven't noticed any weird behaviour (I guess this would be a sign of overheating?). The card's fan only has two wires, not three (as the controlled fans), and I'm guessing is working 100% all the time, keeping the gpu in certain limits.

I had QE/CI before and I still have after the update; as for DVI and DualHead I can't really say, because I have only one VGA monitor, and I'm using a dvi2vga adapter to connect it (the card has only 2 dvi connectors, no vga).

Thanks coccolino_dbro.

Do you know if your card have heat issue?

Did your card work flawless with 10.5.2 (QE/CI, DVI, Dual Head)?

And now, after update, still QE/CI, DVI, Dual Head working?

Thanks

Ps. Which is the brand of your video card?

Hi all,

I am planing to buy a new video card tomorrow. I have some options, but I want a videocard with QE/CI, full resolution, DualHead. I don't want a card with overheating issues. I am not a gamer and power doesn't matter that much. For me is important a videocard to do daily work, photoshop, some video editing, web, watch HD movies and, if I can play some windows games, it will be a gift. I actually using kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3, using Netkas method. I also want a card easy to configure, because I don't want mess my system with tons of trials and errors. Probably I am asking so much, but I will be very happy if anyone give some directions to reach my goals.

My options:

1) PCIe Sapphire HD 3650 512MB / 128 Bits

2) PCIe Gigabyte HD 3850 512MB / 256 Bits

3) PCIe Sapphire HD 3870 512MB / 256 Bits

4) PCIe MSI HD 2600XT 256MB / 128 Bits

Any advice will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance

animus_domini

I am using option 4 with a dual head setup on 10.5.3 running two DVI screens (no VGA adapters) and it is fine. Dl the 9588 2600XT drivers from here, install them and the card, fix permissions and don't look back.

animus_domini

I am using option 4 with a dual head setup on 10.5.3 running two DVI screens (no VGA adapters) and it is fine. Dl the 9588 2600XT drivers from here, install them and the card, fix permissions and don't look back.

Thanks, nekton

To be clear on ATI Radeon HD mobility. At this moment its not working with the laptop screen only with vga or dvi out to an external monitor

this is being research and there is no time frame or eta when its working fully :(

lastExile,

Thanks for all the hard work. I updated my AMD Zephyroth to 10.5.3 and used the pkg installer from this page. However, there are some problems. I have white menus, and the driver broke my eyeTV program. It crashes whenever it tries to display the television stream (I believe it's mpeg2). It may be related to the OpenGL framework issue, but I haven't been able to successfully patch any of the files in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

Any ideas?

lastExile I love you!!!! Anyhow,...I was thinking that I was going to have to buy a new graphics card until I accidentally stumbled across this page with your wonderful installation file on page (2).

Anyhow,..I tried out the installation for (2) ATI cards. HD 3650 and 2400 PRO,...both PCIE. The HD 3650 gave me a 1280 x 1024 resolution but the menus were white. The 2400 PRO works like a charm! Anyhow,..thanks again!! Finally free from 1024 x 768 resolution!! :-D

Confirmation: Driver from the first post:

Ati HD 2400 Pro 1GB

Device ID:94c3

CI/QE Confirmed working!

Just two questions my graphics card is 1GB how come it shows 256MB?

I have this connected to my monitor through DVI to VGA adapter...

So I don't understand what you mean, when you say you need to fix the DVI..

Does that mean if it was a straight through dvi port to monitor it wouldn't work?

Or does that mean dual screening (extending the desktop) needs to be fixed? because that doesn't work for me! :P

But it did without this driver installed OR ANY OTHER driver for that matter? but that obviously had no CI/QE.

EDIT-----

This driver's not working perfectly, it's made the start up slow and my computer freezes more often than it used to, and on one startup it even scrambled half of my screen but went back to normal.

Please help