ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Installation package is not work on my ASUS EAH3650 HDMI 256M GDDR3.

Device id is 0x9598 that can find in original 10.5.3 kext and installation package.

But when I install 3650 package,my monitor displayed alot garbage with white squares.

My spec:

MB: ASUS P5K-VM

Video card: ASUS EAH3650 HDMI 256M GDDR3

RAM: 4GB

I hope there are a solution of this video card soon.

Thanks for any help.

you can use both natit and EFI String for 2600xt but its all up to you :(

Ok , works.

I used the 10.5.3 package here for ATI 2600 XT.

Hmmm. compared to my before NV 6600 GT or NV 7600 GT (both are much slower / slower on PC) the cars isnt really faster.

Perhaps some with near same card can check and comment my post with his OpenGLExtensionsViewer Benchvalues here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110661

Thanks

Bueno en mi caso no funciono este

ATI Radeon HD 2400pro

Device ID: 94c3

me dice que el kext no fue bien instalado por lo tanto no puede ser usado...

En espera de contribiur a esta noble cauza estamos pendientes

lastExile,

Im using zephyroth's 10.5.1 as thats the only release that will work with my AMD Phenom 9570 processor.

My system works without any freezes without the display driver.

On 10.5.1 with the ATI 2400 HD PCie driver my computer keeps freezing everytime I open anythin like safari (to load a website) Mac messenger etc.

When I update to 10.5.2 and istall the driver you have supplied again it does the same thing.

Even on 10.5.3 update same thing.

Even if I dont do anything i just switch on my computer the mouse will move, ill leave it like that without doing anything for a coule mins and the computer will freeze?

hmm need testers for 3850 agp

Hi,I have an ati radeon hd 3850 AGP device id : 9515 not working, no QE/CI and no resolution change. If you need some tester, it's ok for me.bayard.
letme know more info on it so i can make a test pkg

hmm need testers for 3850 agpletme know more info on it so i can make a test pkg

hi lastExile, I want the know your Sapphire HD3870 board outlook, because I planning buy this.

thanks

hi lastExile, I want the know your Sapphire HD3870 board outlook, because I planning buy this.

thanks

ATI Radeon HD 2600XT & 3870 works just fine only natit is required for both cards and they are found @ www.netkas.org

:)

thanks

3870 seems to work but the odd configuration may fail.

i got the sapphire 3870 ultimate (passive cooling) and it does not work for me.

i dont know if it is my nforce mobo, my amd proc or the graphics card...

so i wish u good luck!

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

I just bought a Visiontek Radeon HD3650 512MB DDR2 PCIE 2.0 video card from Best Buy on sale for about $97 (normally $129) and it works very well with the installer. The only problem at first was the "white menus" issue after using installer, I solved the problem by using the software "Pacifist" to extract the files from the installer. That worked like a charm - NO MORE WHITE MENUS!

My install is Kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 with the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update with Kalyway kernels pkg.

CI & QE working excellently with all resolutions.

SojasMAC

Hello! Some users of HD3650 encounters same problem with the white menus. You probably found the solution.. Please could you exactly explain, what to do with Pacifist, which files to extract .. etc. Just all steps.

Thank you.. :P

I just bought a Visiontek Radeon HD3650 512MB DDR2 PCIE 2.0 video card from Best Buy on sale for about $97 (normally $129) and it works very well with the installer. The only problem at first was the "white menus" issue after using installer, I solved the problem by using the software "Pacifist" to extract the files from the installer. That worked like a charm - NO MORE WHITE MENUS!

My install is Kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 with the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update with Kalyway kernels pkg.

CI & QE working excellently with all resolutions.

SojasMAC

I'm having problems with Sapphire 3650 on 10.5.3. White menu bug, worked perfectly in 10.5.2.

Is there a confirmed way of solving this?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe this can help you:

I got my 3650 working on 10.5.3 without the white menu bug:

1. installed iAtkos 2.0i

2. installed the driver package for my video card

3. installed the 10.5.3 update, but not Kalyway's. I used the Jas OsX86 10.5.3 Intel SSE3 Combo Update.

Updating didn't remove QE/CI etc... However, this combo made my system profiler crash, so I had to replace SPPlatformReporter.spreporter with the one from the iAtkos install dvd. And made booting time quite long (with Kalyway combo I didn't have this behaviour), but that's another issue, to be discussed elsewhere.

Basically, don't use Kalyway's combo, but the one from Jas.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Thank you so much! I finally rip my ATI 3450 HD out and replace it with 2600 XT. It works just in 3 minutes with the driver from here. ( Man, I spend 7 days and nights and 5 re-install trying in vain to get the 3450 HD to work. A lamed horse for now).

Now you would kindly answer me:

In the software update, Apple informed that new firmware for the 2600 XT card is available.

Should I upgrade?

Thanks ahead

Hello,

I've tried installing on Leo4Allv3, but I reboot to grey screen, with only the mouse arrow cursor. I've tried both DVI ports (DVI monitor, no adapter), same grey screen.

Any suggestions?

Should I try re-installing with different kernel or chipset options?

Thanks,

coreyinoz