Maxxuss Patches for 10.4.5 released

a8ne

162 posts in this topic

I'm not ready for 4.5,

I need some help with 4.4 because I'm not too familar with Java and hitting a snag.

Do I replace it with all of this including those three dots:

<script>function hwbeModelCheck() {

return true;

or just this:

<script>function hwbeModelCheck() {

return true;

and how much of the original do i delete? do I delete everything before the next set of script tags or to the very last semicolon that comes before the next set of <>? Or much less?

Thanks

David -.-

leave out the dots :D simply add "return true;" and dont forget to press tab before it :P

to ut2211

Same here GMA900 on a 915GAG motherboard withe 2.6 Celeron D (although System Profiler claims 3.06). Xbench 59.42

I have the same board only with a 3gz p4. I'm xbenching around 80 with beam sync disabled. System profiler reports 3.06ghz as well. So far everything works except for the resolution being fixed at 1024x768. I tried to use the kexts from 10.4.4 and got my resolutions back but lost quartz and core support, so I moved the new ones back. Did you manage to fix the resolution issue?

10.4.5 is working now! Can I delete/format the 10.4.3 partion or should I leave it? BTW, When I "bless -mount /Volumes/blah blah -setBoot" for the 10.4.5, When I reboot, it gives me an error of "Error Operating System Not Found" or something....What am I doing wrong?

picture18kq.th.png

After updating to 10.4.5, my Radeon 9600 graphics card isn't being correctly identified anymore. I lost CI and QE because obviously the device IDs in the ATIRadeon9700 kext don't match up, even if I edit it with my normal ID, which is 4E51. *sigh*

any ideas?

EDIT:

Ok I don't know how to explain this. A few seconds after my last post, suddenly the profiler started displaying the right info. As if thats not weird enough, QE and CI suddenly returned and WITHOUT A SINGLE TEAR! I can now run my mouse across the dock very quickly, with perfect magnification of each icon. This is awesome.

After rebooting, the system blazed. I don't know why. It's like things were delayed. Maybe some kexts didn't load properly at first.

But there are 2 very minor problems: 1 - the flipping effect on widgets is gone, although the ripple effect is still there. 2 - I still can't change resolutions

Ok, I just want to say that I don't really appreciate the tone of the post on the news page. It seems to be pretty confrontational. Aren't we all Apple fans here? Isn't the whole point of this site to encourage the support of Apple's software?

It seems to me if you guys want this to continue, the tone should be more neutral to kissing-up. :) Sorry to be a downer, but if I was an Apple employee and saw that post, I'd be pretty offended.

One way to improve the tone would be to focus more on how Maxxuss got things working, and less on how Apple has screwed up.

By the way, I'm excited to see this project mature - I hope you guys can continue to work together on this.

Everyone who has upgraded to 10.4.5 ran into this issue I think. 1024x768 is fine with me but 60khz vertical refresh rate isn't. The problem is when I force a resolution and a refresh rate in com.apple.Boot.plist , I don't get the exact VESA compatible refresh rate. For example, 1024x768x32@85 make my Viewsonic E90FB go into 87.0khz instead of 84.9 (if I recall correctly) which puts the monitor into "user mode", thus making user interface movements slower I think.

Anyway, big thanks to Maxxuss for his work!

By the way, I noticed that my XBench scores jumped up substantially with this release. They went from around 34 to around 54, with nothing else changed. Disabling Beam Sync and enabling Q2DE added another 6 points, bringing it up to about 60! This lowly Celeron D is now wiping the floors with Dual 1.25Ghz G4's!! :):weight_lift:

edit: by the way, for right now the video resolution "bug" is a "feature" for me, since the crappy monitor that I'm using won't go higher than 1024x768 @ 60 anyway, but I have a new monitor coming soon that will support much higher, so I hope someone figures out how to fix this!

Thanks!

:weight_lift:

Sure thing it's nice to be able to post something helpful :D

I am running 10.4.5 without a hitch everythings working beautifully idvd finally works even though I still lack working kexts for my audio and wifi :) maybe one day someone will write drivers for us poor souls who lack them but until then I'm quite happy with the install nothing is broken and many things are fixed thanks again maxxuss

Is anyone else having problems with their Realtek 8139 (RTL8139) ? If someone could take a look at this ktext inside the IONetworking.kext or what it is, I'd be gladly appricated. Keep in mind this card worked on all versions from 10.4.1-10.4.4 , just not on 10.4.5.

Did you try replacing the 4.5 networking kext with the one from 4.3?

About Realtek

After replacing 4.3 kext, reboot.

Boot in with mach_kernel -s

And do all these.

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions

kextcache -e -z -a i386

kextcache -k /system/library/extensions -z -a i386

sync

I am just passing the information along but it worked

Just did the upgrade, thanks Maxxuss! :D:weight_lift::)

Great clear instructions again

Everything seems to be working fine, same issues with OpenGl test on Xbench 1.2 with my Nvidia card, Safari still crashes some sites, but I'm using camino

Going to start reloading my applications tomorrow, nothing fancy acrobat suite and MS office

Thanks for the great forum

DeathChill, when is win2osx coming back to life?

Maxxuss,

I browsed this forum but could not find a satisfactory answer for the fact that 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 DOES NOT DETECT my AMD 64 x2 4400+ SSE3 capability at boot time (I can't access CPU infos in system profile)

Is it a normal behavior of 1044 and 1045 due to the new patches or did I miss something ?

I wanted to use 1044 kernel with minimum required patches for my CPU but 1044 and 1045 refused to boot, I am using AMD prepatched kernel and 1045 is up and running

Thanks

upgrade to 10.4.5 was easiest yet, everything seems to be working great(except QE and CI)and seems to be running more like 4.3. I will xbench in a bit, installing 5308 on another system.. oh yea my 2.4 celeron is detected as 3.2 Ghz =P Also the 10.4.3 install on first partition is a life saver..

Maxxuss thanks for all your skillz

post-8792-1140770370_thumb.jpg

I am having a problem after the 10.4.5 update, My Auto Login no longer works. I have the Option set properly with 'Login Options' under Accounts (ie. Auntomatically log in as: XXXXXX is checked and the password is entered) I have tried to change my password (to reset things) and also verfied my keychain.