Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Hi Cabal,

I've just tried messing around ACPI settings on the BIOS.

Removed all of the two settings I had on a new Asus P5QC (set to "none"), setup worked.

Remeber always to boot with -v flag to see detailed error messages, then you can try a newer OS release, such as iDeneb or iPC.

One more problem I had was the DVD drive ... some are not supported for the installation ...!

Since I used a new LG drive, I had problems during setup, then moved back to an older Pioneer 111, it was fine.

After setup is successful, you can use the one you like (check compatibility with Toast or the Burning SW you like).

Have a nice Sunday ...!

hey thanks man.

I finally after 5 days got iPC working. Just a few more things to tweak like the USB drivers and getting the operating system to see my quad core, i should be ok after that.

Hi Cabal,

I've just tried messing around ACPI settings on the BIOS.

Removed all of the two settings I had on a new Asus P5QC (set to "none"), setup worked.

Remeber always to boot with -v flag to see detailed error messages, then you can try a newer OS release, such as iDeneb or iPC.

One more problem I had was the DVD drive ... some are not supported for the installation ...!

Since I used a new LG drive, I had problems during setup, then moved back to an older Pioneer 111, it was fine.

After setup is successful, you can use the one you like (check compatibility with Toast or the Burning SW you like).

Have a nice Sunday ...!

I just went through the Kalyway 10.5.2 installation process, which worked just fine. I'm dual-booting on a netbook (=only one harddrive avalible) with XP. I have put chain0 in C:\ and added the line to the boot-file in C:\ as well, as states the guide on the wiki. However, my problem occurs when I boot the computer after doing this. First I get to choose which OS to boot, and after choosing OSX I am told to press any key to boot from the drive I've specified, still equal to the descriptions of the guide. After this the problem occurs, when I see the white boot screen with a gray apple for just a few seconds. After this the computer simply reboots, before starting up OSX, no matter how many times I try it.

Is there anyone who's got a clue about how to solve this? Appreciate every answer! Thanks in advance.

Hey guys. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 onto my Vaio VGN-NR110E. It's great, except there is a problem with the display. It displays my screen alright, but there is another display under that with the same screen. So basically, my screen has been divided into separate little displays, each display displaying the same screen and content.

If you guys could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I just went through the Kalyway 10.5.2 installation process, which worked just fine. I'm dual-booting on a netbook (=only one harddrive avalible) with XP. I have put chain0 in C:\ and added the line to the boot-file in C:\ as well, as states the guide on the wiki. However, my problem occurs when I boot the computer after doing this. First I get to choose which OS to boot, and after choosing OSX I am told to press any key to boot from the drive I've specified, still equal to the descriptions of the guide. After this the problem occurs, when I see the white boot screen with a gray apple for just a few seconds. After this the computer simply reboots, before starting up OSX, no matter how many times I try it.

Is there anyone who's got a clue about how to solve this? Appreciate every answer! Thanks in advance.

:P

Hi Molestaire, you should press F8 button to add "-X" flag while booting, then you may see what causes the Kernel Panic.

It can be anything, from a wrong BIOS setting to any hardware device is not compatible or selected in the setup options of the Kali installation.

I have a working Kaliway 10.5.2 on a DELL XPS 1330, but I have to thank Macgirl and some other people that worked on specific hardware device patches.

Ciaooo!

:(

hello, i want to install my toshiba portege M600 using hackintosh, which one is good for me ideneb 10.5.7 or kalyway 10.5.2

thank u

:blink:

Pocenk,

you should check the HCL in the OsX86 web site and or the forum to check each single driver or other people comments on the same laptop.

Just try both ... then format and retry, it's pretty impossible to get an installation running at the first trial ...

Ciaooo

:)

I've installed this successfully on a Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6850. Both of which are on the compatibility list I found here; http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph..._10.5.1#Intel_2

When osx boots up it hangs on the apple logo, but I can hear the intro music and the guy asking to set up leopard.

Using -v the last message that comes up is "required dictionaries not found in plist" and "alkor says not supported by r600". If I had to guess I'd say it's probably the graphics card? I have a radeon hd 4870 that's not on the list. I tried all the different kernels as well as moving the graphics drivers like the initial post says but it constantly hangs on that screen. I don't have another graphics card so I'm hoping maybe there's a workaround or that the problem is something different that I'm missing.

Thanks for any help.

In tried installing the kalyway in accordance with the instructions, as well as the wiki info on my computer.

It is an abit board, with on board nforce graphics, ac97 sound and im using a x2 4800 chip with 2 gigs of ram.

I am unsure of the exact model of board.

I got the installer to work etc...but now it just get boot loop. get to F8 and then it just reboots, or hangs...

In the wiki on installing the 10.5.2 setup, it says I need a PATA drive, and Pata dvd rom. My board only has one PATA port, and a 300 gig SATA HD....

can I still load kalyway 10.5.2 on this machine and make it work?

anything I should look for? I noticed on a youtube video there are certian bios setting that have to be used.

any help would be GREAT!

thanks.

hey

I'm fairly new at this I just installed kalyway 10.5.2 and all went well after removing all the video drivers i was able to log in and start LEO.

However after a restart it will not fully boot into the OS

I also did not have any USB or ethernet detection when I was able to log into LEO the first (only) time

how do I fix this?

I am running:

AMD Atholon 64 3500+

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nforce 3)

2GB pc 3200

PNY Verto GeForce 6800 GT

WD 200GB IDE

Sony DVDRW IDE

WD 500GB SATA (mac boot drive)

Samsung DVDW SATA

alright so i believe i figured out the problem...i orginally installed all the video drivers...then i disabled all of them i would like to use the nvinject 256mb driver...how do i run that driver now that everything is installed i also believe that if i learn how to select drivers for other hardware, mobo, ethernet, that I can get those working properly...i will re install if i have too but i would rather not

I am running:

AMD Atholon 64 3500+

2GB pc 3200

WD 200GB IDE

Sony DVDRW IDE

Samsung DVDW SATA

alright so i believe i figured out the problem...i orginally installed all the video drivers...then i disabled all of them i would like to use the nvinject 256mb driver...how do i run that driver now that everything is installed i also believe that if i learn how to select drivers for other hardware, mobo, ethernet, that I can get those working properly...i will re install if i have too but i would rather not

I am running:

AMD Atholon 64 3500+

2GB pc 3200

WD 200GB IDE

Sony DVDRW IDE

Samsung DVDW SATA

hi

i buy new mainboard that is:

Asrock P43Twins t1600

I want to install Kalyway or universal 10.5.6

first i tested universal

insert disk>>>boot>>>at the first of boot...that sentences write in the lcd...system restarted...!!!!

i test kalyway

at the first sentenses on boot....stop!!!in these sentences:

mac os version:

not yet set

kernel version:

darwin kernel version 9.2.0: sun mar 2 00:11:08 sct 2008 madeby toH:xnu.......

whats the problem ?

tanx & im sorry for my bad in english

Hi there ! :)

Please suggest me version and guide for AMD PC. I tried iDeneb v1.4_10.5.6 nearly 10+ times changing the patches and kernels etc. Able to install but at rebooting the machine freezes with the cross mark on apple logo. Don't know what's going wrong :)

Please help me installing OS X on my PC

My AMD Confg.

Processor :

AMD Phenom X 4 9550

Socket AM2+(940)

Instructions - MMX(+), 3DNow(+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, X86-64

Motherboard

ASUSTek - M3N78-EMH HDMI

CHIPSET - NVIDIA

Graphics - GeForce 8200 On Built

BIOS

American Megatrends Inc.

Ver : 0602 (Moded to SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7)

Date : 11/04/2008

Memory

Type : DDR2

Size : 4GB

Storage Media

Type : IDE HDD 250GB and SATA HDD 250GB

Drives

Type : IDE DVD R/W and SATA DVD R/W

Thanks in advance :)

Hello guys,

Is there any resolves for the Install Kernel Panic that is given below?

I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 on an inspiron 9300, ati x300, 2gig, pentium M 1.76G, intel 2915 ( i think) wifi and broadcom NIc..

Please help me, i've already wasted 3 writable dvds burning the 3.66 Gig ISO, tried with and without adding the kexts..

I currently also own a mbp so let me know if that can be used for something to fix this.. does anyone know how to patch ur install DVD (original leopard dvd)?

Thanks guys, and yeah the Kernel Panic error is given below:

--------------------------------------------------------------

======

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x339C1DE0): AppleSMCPDRC ::start - unrecognized device type\n"@SourceCache/IOPlatfromPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-315.0.3/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AppleSMCPDRC.cpp

Debugger Called: <panic>

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

0x33a2bdb8 : 0x12b0e1 (0x45833c 0x33a2bdec 0x133285 0x0)

0x33a2be08 : 0x339c1de0 (0x339c3460 0x339c3450 0x33a2be48 0x40baah5)

0x33a2be48 : 0x40fd2e (0x3ceb500 0x3c51c00 0x1 0x3ea6c0)

0x33a2bea8 : 0x411bc3 (0x3c51c00 0x3ceb500 0x3c7cdc0 0x0)

0x33a2bf28 : 0x411427 (0x3c51c00 0x3c6a480 0x0 0xffffffff)

0x33a2bf78 : 0x4100a3 (0x3c51c00 0x0 0x33a2bfac 0x1)

0x33a2bfc8 : 0x19f3cc (0x3c4f2a0 0x0 0x1a20b5 0x357c80)

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependancies)

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin(3.1.5d3)@0x339ba000->0x339c5fff

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.4.1)@0x2e24d000

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.2.0)@0x2e263000

dependancy: com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily(3.1.5d3)@0x3397a000

dependancy: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(2.0.1d2)@0x33997000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_i386

tried installing this flavour of osx86 on asus g60vx-rbbx05 but i got a kernel panic just like muhammadbeig :( . tried it in safe mode (-x) and still no luck. tried looking on all topics but couldnt seem to find a solution. plz help. thank you

specs:

asus g60vx-rbbx05

intel core 2 duo @2.13ghz

p7450 board

nvidia geforce gtx 260

4gb ddr-2

intel 5100 wifi?

Guest draytrip

Hey guys im a noobi at mac instollation, it will not boot the way yours do.

every time it boots, word run up the screen then it shows A:\ and it dose nothing after that. i followed the guides from wiki, so i dont realy know whats wrong.

i dont have drive a:

-x dose nothing

i used Mac os x Kalyway_Leopard_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd

Specs:

Dell Dimension 2400

Memory 512 DDR

Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz

IDE - Pioneer DVD/RW

80 gig HDD

i want to :) my system to mac.

what am i doing wrong???

Help. I got an IBM T42 and after installation, i get the apple logo screen with the hourglass circling.

I noticed that system hang as the Capslock key will not light up.

(During installation, i simply used the defaults.)

Any ideas? Greatly appreciated.

Eric, it looks like you didn't spend a lot of time by reading in the forum... :help:

Just to give you a couple of hints:

° press F8 than -v at the boot, after POST operations. :D

°° read the kind of Kernel Panic you got, than You'd better search for that problem on the forums.

Than ... you may post the screenshot of the problem to whom may help you. :)

Last hints: It's very difficult to get an installation to work that easy. Then, have a look to your specific T42 model drivers here around.

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

Hint for the last 4 posts authors: try getting a 10.5.6 or higher. iPC release is very flexible, but I had success also with iDeneb and iAtkos 10.5.7 and 10.5.8.

Then if your in troubles, it would be easier.

Ciao!

:wink2:

Hey Kaly,

no distro has worked for me, so i dicided to install yours... but it is not installed yet, i will edit my post depending on the result of my installation ok?

I hope MacOS works with you distro even if it is a "bit" older :thumbsup_anim:

Greez,

TerrorFoX // BeaSTrike

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i am german ;-)