Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Hi,

I posted here my problem: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1319756

I got errors before installation with differnt distro and tried different bios and options but i'm still stucked.

Thanks!

Ciao Egesia!

it looks like you have a disk driver loading problem "IOATA..."

A hint for everybody: write in your signature your hardware devices, such as mobo, graphics, audio, kind of disk(s) ATA/SATA, network card, etc.

It would make easier any reply to panic issues

So, I may only add a few generic hints:

- sometimes, depending on the setup disk you're using, there are limitations to get a succesful installation by only using a SATA CD/DVD drive or SATA HDD (some other works easier on ATA)

- Always make a first boot with -f flag, to load all the drivers, or -x -v

- see if there are specific threads with your mobo or controller driver. It helps a lot or let you understand what to do.

- since I've installed several OsX from 10.4 to current 10.6.2 SL, and many 10.5 releases, I would suggest to use 10.5.6 iPC (very easy, a lot of embedded drivers and kernels) or iDeneb and iAtkos 10.5.7 and 10.5.8. I've found those distros more updated in terms of drivers and patches.

- good luck

CIAOOO!

Hi there!

First of all, Kaly, you're the man. Thanx a LOT for 10.5.2, it is the first time I was able to launch OSX on my PC. I burned many DVDs and weeks of trying to do so without any success.

My primary goal was to try developing small iPhone app and then buying a Mac. I am a looooooooong time developer (15+:) and this platform excites me like nothing in a long time (I started on ZXSpectrum, if any one remembers the machine).

Of course, I am not able to install latest iPhone SDK provided by Apple because it requires 10.5.7. Reading forums left me with impression that iDeneb combo update KIT 10.5.7. has major problems. What should I do? Try obtaining older iPhone SDK or go for sys upgrade?

Also, I have ATI Radeon 4800 and can't use monitor's native resolution. Display only offers 1024x768 Looks bad, but hey, I am using the great Leo, so I am still verry happy now. If anyone can help me, please.....

Sorry for long post. Thanks again.

I just attempted the install of “Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8″ and got this message at the end of the install..

INSTALL FAILED

Mac OSX could not be installed on your computer

The installer could not validate the contents of the “IOUSBFamilyFix” package. Contact the manufacturer for assistance.

Click restart to restart and try installing again.

My system is a DELL INSPIRON 6400 laptop. Any ideas what I can do?

Also, what cusomization options did you select and deselect before installing? I looked through them but wasent sure still which I should try select etc. Only one I clicked was Broadcom one under network or something.

Thanks.

Hello,

after installing 10.5.8 retail on my actual laptop, I found my old one (some time ago, I tried it with OSX on it, too, but never got any success, well, that time there weren't any kexthelpers and the support in this board wasn't that good as it's now! It became very good!).

Now I'm thinking about installing OSX again on following hardware:

Ati X700 (that's the main problem, how can I get it to run ? Should I take some drivers, even if they aren't suppose to work with this gpu ?)

Pentium M 1,67 Ghz (I know it's not the fastest but it's nice as a slow media center to listen to some music, browse the web, use adium etc)

1,5 Gigs of RAM (well, I upgraded it from 512 MB as it came out.. was one of the fastest that time, well, at least if you look at the ram :D )

60 GB

ethernet: don't know but something normal/supported

Wifi: Intel 2200BG ( know it's supported, already grabbed the latest drivers, too)

Hmm but which distro should I use ? I already got (and tried, but with fails, maybe I forgot something?): 10.4.6 Tiger (with patches, of course, but maybe forgot something?), 10.4.9 (not already tried), 10.5.x (don't know, ll try it), 10.5.6 iPC, 10.5.6 iDeneb 1.6,... I think I could successfully installed the iDEneb 1.4 but there are some errors, need to look it.

Mhh should I try the distro in this thread ? =(

What about upgrading to 10.5.8 / snow leopard ? (I mean with 256 MB GPU SL should be fine, even though it's only 64 mb dedicated graphics ram!)..

Kind regards!

I tried installing the os but after installation wen booting it say HFS+ file system error.

i do kno wat to do

my pc config... is intel board DG31PR

core2duo,2.80GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1GB nvidia grapgic card.

please get me a solution

okay, well i have no dvd's and no mac, is it possible to put this onto a usb in windows, i tried installing it right from the hdd with the leopard install helper but it doesnt work, i have a 15gb partition for leopard but i cant install on it without the cd or usb, idk

any help

I have a problem ... i installed on an laptop but after restart it apears the screen with country ... i select my country ... my keyboard ... and then it apears the screen with the back-up form another Mac , another partition ... i select the last one "do not transfer my information no" but after that it returns me back to the selection of country screen ... What can i do ? my laptop is an toshiba P300 1GQ

Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB)

17" Toshiba TruBrite® WXGA+ TFT High Brightness display, resolution 1,440 x 900, 200cd/m2

320 GB (5,400 rpm), Serial ATA

3,072 (2,048 + 1,024) MB, maximum expandability: 8 GB, technology: DDR2 RAM (800 MHz)

DVD Super Multi (Double Layer) drive

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3470 supporting HyperMemory™ technology, 256 MB dedicated VRAM (up to 2,046 MB total available graphics memory using HyperMemory™ technology with 4 GB system memory), DDR Video RAM (resp. DDR Video RAM and DDR system memory combined), 16x PCI Express

Touch Pad

Fast Ethernet LAN (10/100 Mbps), international V.90 modem (V.92 ready)

Wireless LAN (802.11a/g/Draft-N), Bluetooth® 2.1 with EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)

Toshiba Bass Enhanced Sound System with Dolby® Sound Room™, built-in Harman Kardon® stereo speakers, volume dial

DC-in, external monitor, RJ-11, RJ-45, 3 x USB 2.0 Sleep-and-Charge, 1 x USB/eSATA 2.0 Sleep-and-Charge, headphone (stereo), 5-in-1 Bridge Media slot (supports SD™ & SDHC Cards, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro™, MultiMedia Card™, xD-Picture Card™), i.LINK® (IEEE1394), external microphone, TV-out (S-video), S/PDIF - digital out (shared with headphone port), HDMI-CEC (REGZA-Link)

any help???

brothers of this forum haha

... I kindly need your help on installing it to

my Compaq Presario SR1834NX with-

-Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS A8AE-LE or

-HP/Compaq name: AmberineM-GL6E

-Base Processor- AMD Athlon 64 (V) 3500+ 2.2 GHz

-Chipset-ATI Radeon Xpress 200

-Hard Drive-250 GB SATA

Audio/Sound-Controller: AC97 audio

-Network(Lan)-Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface

-Onboard LAN-Realtek 8101L(10/100 Mbps LAN PHY)

-Keyboard and mouse-Compaq home professional keyboard

Compaq PS/2 scroller mouse

Would anyone kindly support me on checking what i need,when it comes to Customizing it???

This would Inspire me alot....well get at me guys if you have answers..thank you in advance :P

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm kinda interested to test mac os on my pc.

CPU1 : pentium 4 2.6ghz, 2gb ram, nvidia 7600gt, 250hd sata, network card, dvd rom. (desktop)

CPU2 : core 2 duo p8700, 4gb ram, nvidia 9600m, 500gb (notebook)

Q1: is it possible to install mac os x in the system above?

Q2: From where can I get the mac os file? How to download kalyway? Kalyway is a modified mac os leopard?

I just want to test mac enviroment. thank you.

Well this is the only distro I've been able to get to install on my dv2715nr HP laptop. I'm not able to set permissions on any other disk image to edit in my kext files correctly and no one seems able to toss me a line on how to make them mountable so I went this route. Unfortunately now that it installed it won't boot. I get "still waiting for root device" during its initial bootup with all the flags in the world (-f cpus=1 idlehalt=0 -s or -x) or any other varying combo of those flags. I had to use the command he had to inject the proper kext files for my laptops mcp67 {censored} for the install to see the drives but now its halting on something and I can't tell what.

The message before it says that is "USBF: AppleUSBOHCI[0x463a000]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep" then just gets stuck there.

This chipset has been problematic as all get out and I couldn't get the leo4all images to work at all since I can't edit a mounted image and under windows 7 I can't set the permissions right or even see things correctly anyhow.

Specs are like I said a dv2715nr so it's an AMD turon x64 with the nvidia go 7150 graphics card and mcp67 chipset like I stated. It's got a 160 gig hard drive as well.

Please help.

• 2 weeks later...
Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

you can find HELP on:

#kalyway.DVD irc.osx86.hu

#leopard irc.osx86.hu

DONATION at http://kalyway.xdir.fr DONATE for this DVD !!!

checksum for Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

SHA-1

d48c058c8f2e61a636556fc3152208a35a96150d

MD5

e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99

Read carefully !!!

if you want adding drivers support to dvd boot you must put the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd folder on your desktop then put kexts you want add to dvd extensions in the ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD folder (you can find natit for ati hd in this folder) and run Add_kext_to_dvd_boot.command !!!

all ich support !

sitll remain problem with jmicron ide dvd support !

based on slipstream script by DENSE ! ;)

ichx (all ports) support by DUNE ! :(

Notes: if you have problems on reboot with video gfx (blue or black screen)

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

Even if you have chosen a kernel at install, you can still try the others kernels after installation ! (same thing for dvd boot except that only modbinkernel , speedstepkernel , kabylkernel and nforcekernel are available as boot options !)

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type the kernel's name you want to boot with :

sleepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

speedstepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

nforcekernel (intel/sse3)

modbinkernel (intel/amd/sse3)

vanillakernel (intel/sse3)

kabylkernel (intel/sse3) with sleep support

Kernels

kernel_9.2_sleep

kernel_9.2_speedstep

kernel_9.2.2_kabyl

kernel_922_modbin

kernel_92_nforce

kernel_vanilla_922

Graphics_Drivers

Ati_Radeon

X1000Series

ATYinject for 19xx series

NATIT_For_X1000_series

ATIRadeonX1000SeriesGraphics

1950gt_pro

X2000_HD_and_X3000_HD_Series

NATIT_For_X2000_X3000_Series

HD2900xt_pro

white_menus_fixe_HD2600_pro

white_menus_fixe_HD3850_3870x2

ATI_Radeon_HD_2600_Pro_AGP (this one no need for natit and white menufix)

ATI_Radeon_HD_2600_XT_AGP (this one no need for natit and white menufix)

Nvidia_Geforce (select one only)

NVinject

NVinject-128

NVinject-256

NVinject-320

NVinject-512

NVinject-640

NVinject-768

NVinjectGO

NVinjectGO-512

NVInject_Clevo_M570RU 8700gfx

NATIT_gfnvidia

Intel_GMA

GMA950 (tiger one full accelerated and resolution support but with mouse artifact)

GMAX3100 (not tested)

Audio_Drivers

Intel NVIDIA VIA ATI HDAudioController

NVIDIAAC97Audio

Realtek Sigmatel ConexantAnalogDevicesHDAudioCodec (generic output support)

ALC883_DS3,p5k pro etc...

alc889a_shutdown_support

ALC882_p5w_dh_deluxe

sigmatel_9200_inspiron_9400

Networks_Drivers

Networks_Cards

AppleBCM440XEthernet

AppleBCM5751Ethernet

AppleRTL8169Ethernet

MarvellNetworkAdapter

RealtekR1000

skge_marvell

forcedeth

Wifi_Card

IO80211Family

AtherosWirelessAdapter

Zydas-ZD1211-1215

wifi_Broadcom_airport

RT2500-RT73-USB

wifi_AP_Realtek_RTL8187L

wifi_Realtek_RTL8187B

iwi2200beta

Mobo_Chipsets (support for ati ; nvidia ; intel ; via ; sis ; marvell ; jmicron)

AppleNForceATA

AppleOnboardPCATA

AppleVIAATA

AppleGenericPCATA

SiliconImage3132

Thirds_Applications (will be installed in /applications/KOOLSOFTS/)

adium

archives

candybar

changeFinder

colloquy

fairmount

Growl

GmailNotifier

kextHelperB7

onyx

Iphoto

macam_iusbcam

MacTheRipper

Mojo

Proxi

pacifist

perian

ppfomatic

SimplyBurns

solarseek

stuffitExpander

textmate

transmission

vlc

xbench

Patches

Hardcoded_SMBIOS

Lastnetkassmbios (with coreplayer fix , mozzy and logmein !)

AppleSMBIOS-27-Default

AppleSMBIOS-27-667

AppleSMBIOS-27-800

AppleSMBIOS-27-1066

AppleSMBIOS-27-DDR3-1333

AppleSMBIOS-27-IM

AppleSMBIOS-27-MB

AppleSMBIOS-27-MBMem

AppleSMBIOS-27-MP

OLD tiger SMBIOS_1.0.1

SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC (may or not work)

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleAPIC

Others PATCHES

cpus=1 flag

Francais_pc_keyboard_layout

TimeMachineFix

PowerManagement_bundle (don't install it if you have select sse2 patch !!!)

IntelMemoryController

USBPCGen (fix usbehci detection problem , enable usb2)

AMD_1052_Patches (select patch 1 or patch 2)

AMD_1052_Patch_test_1

AMD_1052_Patch_test_2

-legacy flag

BIG THX to Dune , Dense , modbin, jas , Joe75 , etorix , netkas , rp4k , tehmachacker ,zef , kabyl , magicone , jacquesdupontd , lastexile , chiva4ry , rofl , unisex ,asap18 , xyz , and all the others ! you know who you are!

Think of this as of a demo version and as of a free marketing campaign. Therefore, let it be

ENJOY ! if you love MacOSX think to buy it !!!

This DVD should only be used to preview Mac OS X Leopard. If you really like Mac OS X Leopard and you want to use it,

you should get a real Mac. If buying a real Mac is too much, you can, at least, buy a license for Mac OS X Leopard.

thanks

Hello, I hope somebody will help me please

I succesfully installed kalyway 10 5 2 (The reason i want it is Logic pro) on my pc toshiba satellite p200 1 jr

but only without any graphic driver

if i install with driver ati radeon hd 2600 xt or pro(i tried and anothers) i cant boot leo, i writes to me in black window on gray screen with apple - "you need to restart your computer now" Please give me somebody instruction Thanks.

Report.htm

Thank you so much for this Kaly !

Hello, I hope somebody will help me please

I succesfully installed kalyway 10 5 2 (The reason i want it is Logic pro) on my pc toshiba satellite p200 1 jr

but only without any graphic driver

if i install with driver ati radeon hd 2600 xt or pro(i tried and anothers) i cant boot leo, i writes to me in black window on gray screen with apple - "you need to restart your computer now" Please give me somebody instruction Thanks.

Not sure if it will help you but my Tosh Sat pro A100 has Kaly 10.5.2 working at 1280x800 by only selecting this at install time:

Graphics > Intel GMA > GMA950

• 3 weeks later...