Configurable AppleSMBios-27 released for 10.5.

Duvel300

23 posts in this topic

I released a new AppleSMBios version where you can set certain properties in the info.plist file.

I used the source code available on Mac.Nubs website. This new version includes the fix Netkas described on his site, so applications that didn't run properly like Logmein and Mozy should now run, also the 'Hardware' and 'Memory' Panels work correctly.

The info.plist provides some additional properties to configure how certain data is displayed, these are:

info.BIOSVersionNumber: Can be set for example to:

- MP11.88Z.005C.B08.0707251237 for MacPro

- IM71.88Z.007A.B01.0707251237 for iMac

- MB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0707251237 for MacBook

- Or create your own.

info.BoardSerialNumber: If none is set then the serial number is by default set to 'CK034KMHK5B'. You can specify any serial number you like.

info.ProductName: Can be set for example to:

- MacPro3,1

- iMac7,1

- MacBook2,1

info.ProductVersionNumber: By default is set to '1.0'

info.RAMType: Specify the RAM type like 'DDR2 SDRAM', 'DDR3' etc. You can leave this field empty then SMBios will try to figure out the correct type.

info.RAMSpeed: Set your RAM speed like '800 MHz' or '1066 MHz' etc. If you leave this field empty then SMBios will try to figure out the correct speed, however this will not work for all motherboards.

info.RAMManufacturer: Sets RAM manufacturer, Default: '0xAD00000000000000'.

info.RAMPartNumber: RAM part number, Default: '0x0000FFFF'

info.RAMSerialNumber: RAM serial number, Default: '0x48092D503537345336304350362D09352020', will be same for all memory modules in the system.

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

Source_AppleSMBIOS_27.zip

Great work, I made a small translation into Spanish.

Spanish translation - Traducción al Español.

Thank you and greetings MacOff

EDIT: Hi Duvel300. I have tried it and can not be seen as iMac7, 1. Have any improvement? Part of aesthetics...

Greetings MacOff

This is not caused by AppleSMBios but the kernel, now the the kernel will set the model indentifier. For example the Netkas kernel is hardcoded to MacPro3,1

For more information see this thread: LINK

I released a new AppleSMBios version where you can set certain properties in the info.plist file.

I used the source code available on Mac.Nubs website. This new version includes the fix Netkas described on his site, so applications that didn't run properly like Logmein and Mozy should now run, also the 'Hardware' and 'Memory' Panels work correctly.

The info.plist provides some additional properties to configure how certain data is displayed, these are:

- Or create your own.

info.BoardSerialNumber: If none is set then the serial number is by default set to 'CK034KMHK5B'. You can specify any serial number you like.

- MacPro3,1

- iMac7,1

- MacBook2,1

info.RAMType: Specify the RAM type like 'DDR2 SDRAM', 'DDR3' etc. You can leave this field empty then SMBios will try to figure out the correct type.

info.RAMSpeed: Set your RAM speed like '800 MHz' or '1066 MHz' etc. If you leave this field empty then SMBios will try to figure out the correct speed, however this will not work for all motherboards.

info.RAMSerialNumber: RAM serial number, Default: '0x48092D503537345336304350362D09352020', will be same for all memory modules in the system.

-I will release the source later this week-

any news on the source or a diff yet ?

has anyone added audio devices to system profiler too ?

thanks

bs0d

• 1 month later...

- Or create your own.

- MacPro3,1

- iMac7,1

- MacBook2,1

Duvel its still showing Hackintosh on Geekbench. Any chance you can make an updated one from the rev 6 code. The one from macdotdub is only for iMac. Need one with Mac Pro. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't work sor me. Had to install OS in another partition to recover originall install (IPC 10.5.6 with Adobe CS4 an final Cut Studio fully working).

Any other workaround to make logmein work?

My system specs are on my sig.

Thanks for the tip though.

Hey, any interest in merging with Chun-Nan's project?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108606

His SMBIOSEFI kext works fabulously with one teeny tiny little bug - it's missing the Processor Name! I don't know where the conflict comes from, but this is why Silverlight won't install on systems with this kext (it looks for the word "Intel" next the Processor Name, but it doesn't exist because that line doesn't get injected!). I'd love to see a fix, thanks!

Yes extra drivers get loaded before sle...

Shouldn't be a problem though... if I remember right it waits for AppleSMBIOS to be loaded...

euhm... MacPro2,1...?!?

hint hint...

I'm having 1 more at ease day (since a long time...).

Tomorrow I'll start coding on the new AppleSMBIOSEFI...

I'll keep you guys posted...

I've been giving #5 some thought...

I think of a method in the dsmos_wait_for_callback style which waits for the AppleSMBIOS part to be there (the class in ioreg => IOService:/bios/AppleSMBIOS...)...

I think that checking for that class and if it isn't present letting it sleep a while and try again should do it...

you guys do realise Chameleon v2.0 RC1 has smbios overides ?

i have 1 question ..

it have been a long time since I use your anv smbios-33 src compiled..

but

in a pseudo.-retail install.. shall i use your smbios compiled too? must i erase the original mac one and put yours into s/l/e.. or preserve untouched original.. and put your compiled into e/e?

and what about smbiosefi? it a kext that works into a mbr partition without efi.. and with this newer kext.. it works or not?

thanks

ugo

But It doesn't let you set Ram type to DDR3 and Chameleon doesn't really have a section explaining how to do it either.

Look in the applesmbios source...

The table in smbios.h has all memory types...

This corresponds for ddr3 to a hex value... convert it into decimal and use that as memory type in Chameleon...

Should do the trick.

EDIT: did that for you... the value is 0x18 thus 16 + 8 = 24 => Thus 24 is the memory type for DDR3...