Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

I have Dell 1395, assuming it's the same install procedure, you don't need anything. Just put it in the laptop & Os X will recognize it as Airport.

Thx for reply.

I ask about it because I have found one used.

I've added an updated set of procedures, applications and files for configuring osx86 on the Dell M1210. The procedures should enable M1210 users to utilize just about every piece of hardware in their system, with the exception of intel wireless and internal quickcam.

I've referenced this thread, as a few of the files were extracted from your Post Installer. It might be good to implement the procedures/files i've provided into any future releases...

Thank you.

The thread is located here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=156261

here is a megashares.com mirror to the 1.3 installer (mediafire.com is blocked here in China)

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=983451b

Wow... i just realized that 1.3 was the oldest installer... Could someone please upload the latest one to rapidshare/megashares/megaupload? I went though a lot of trouble to get it :)

Mediafire along with most proxies/anonymizing sites are blocked here

they are one and the same. 945GM is the chipset (Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family), the card is a gma950. they often get mixed up. You need to be more specific than "loose my display". Is it booting up with a black screen? do you still have hdd activity in the background with the black screen?

edit1: I just realized that the gma drivers in the 1.4 package are from 10.5.4 and probably will not work on your 10.5.2 installation. I suggest to upgrade your OSX or fall back to the 1.3 gma drivers.

the hda is correct (identical to mine). You may have to delete the enabler because you have it in your mkext already upon boot (they collide). Just delete the hdaenabler.kext in extensions, reboot and see if it works.

Ok thanks for your answear.

Now Im in travel (for work) so when I come back I try your solution.

Thanks

EDIT : I try to delete applHDA.kext but I don't have sound.....

What can I do and why my card is not recognised...?? :)

I have a Vostro 1310. Using this package alongside the xXx 10.5.6 Universal install works fine: I got sound and 1395 card working properly. However, there are some nasty shutdown/sleep issues: the laptop doesn't always shut down properly (I noticed the lights were still on) and sleep often doesn't work at all. Is this a common issue? I've read responses of people saying they got the Vostro 1310 working properly. What is the best way to do this?

Has anyone tried this on a 600m?

I've got an almost perfect setup on my 600m, main bits are;

iPC 10.5.6

Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0

Voodoo Power

Natit

I'm missing touchpad scrolling and tap and no ability to screensave/sleep. I don't want to risk wrecking my setup unless I really have to. :pirate2: So has anyone used this on a 600m?

TIA.

I have a Vostro 1310. Using this package alongside the xXx 10.5.6 Universal install works fine: I got sound and 1395 card working properly. However, there are some nasty shutdown/sleep issues: the laptop doesn't always shut down properly (I noticed the lights were still on) and sleep often doesn't work at all. Is this a common issue? I've read responses of people saying they got the Vostro 1310 working properly. What is the best way to do this?

Hy!

I used this to get sound work on my vostro 1310 installed with iPC 10.5.6.

I recently got sleep to work with VoodooUSBEHCI.kext found here: http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html (note that this only works for me after I disable USBWakeSuppor in bios, if it's enabled when I go to sleep, the leds turn off completly but it sleeps someway, and if i press the power key, it immediatelly goes into a kernel panic)

Now my only big problem is that the sound wont work after sleep, i read some threads where people operates with reggie_se to set the registers of the card to get sound back, but i can't get that work anyway :S

If anyone have some ideas with this issue please help!

Another small things that i can't get any scroll functionality out of my touchpad :S Ideas or working configurations / drivers are welcome!

Is there anything else that needs to be done to make 1 finger scrolling work on a dell inspiron 6400? I installed the scrolling fix using the lastest patcher but I dont see a track pad under system preferences. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is there anything else that needs to be done to make 1 finger scrolling work on a dell inspiron 6400? I installed the scrolling fix using the lastest patcher but I dont see a track pad under system preferences. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

you don't need that trackpad pref pane. in fact if you'd use it you would screw up ffscroll. there are a couple posts here and in the genius section that tell you what to do to get it back. follow the link in this post to get it back.

Hi,

I try your solution but I haven't sound. I dont know why !!

I deleted AppleHDA.kext but it don't change anything

I don't know why my card doesn't work.

If you have another solution your help is welcome.

Thanks

Hi,

I try your solution but I haven't sound. I dont know why !!

I deleted AppleHDA.kext but it don't change anything

I don't know why my card doesn't work.

If you have another solution your help is welcome.

Thanks

currently sonotone's patcher doesn't work 100% due to permissions (if I remember correctly). It will not install the hda.kext correctly. Do the following instead:

get the AppleHDA.kext from here.

1) Delete whatever hda kext and hdaenabler you have in extensions

2) copy the AppleHDA.kext from the zip into extensions (use kexthelper or OSX86tools)

3) reboot and see if it's working. You may have to plugin the headphones in and out the first time

4) if it's still not working copy the HDAEnabler.kext into your extension folder

5) reboot and hopefully it works this time.

Reason for doing this is that IF you used sonotone's installation from retail you already got HDAEnabler in mkext and it will collide with the copy in the extension folder. If you do not have it in your mkext then you need it in the extension folder.

good luck

Hi,

I am using an Inspiron 6400 laptop running iPC 10.5.6.

I am having issues installing the GMA950 Drivers with this installer. I have tried to install the Kexts with kext helper after running the installer but this results in a black screen after reboot.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

I try your solution but it still don't work... :(

So I'm reinstaling my system,without Soundcard kext.

When it's finish, I try TBCarey patch.

And I said you if it works.

I cross my finger... ;) .

Thanks for your help Thegreatdeceiver.

Hi,

I have already the same problem.

I install iPC 10.5.6 without 9200 kext.

When my install is complete, I directly install TBCarey Hda patcher.

But my card doesn't work !!

I don't know why and what can I do !!

Do you think that my problem come to my release ??

Until now I used Kalyway distrib and now iPC 10.5.6.

It can cause problem ?? witch file ??

Thank for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I have already the same problem.

I install iPC 10.5.6 without 9200 kext.

When my install is complete, I directly install TBCarey Hda patcher.

But my card doesn't work !!

I don't know why and what can I do !!

Do you think that my problem come to my release ??

Until now I used Kalyway distrib and now iPC 10.5.6.

It can cause problem ?? witch file ??

Thank for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the post above. you may have a hdaenabler conflict. follow the instructions by the word. if that doesn'

t work then I have no clue either at this point, sorry. To me this sounds like a good sign that permissions are not correct. maybe you need to delete the hdaenabler in your mkext.

Hi,

I am using an Inspiron 6400 laptop running iPC 10.5.6.

I am having issues installing the GMA950 Drivers with this installer. I have tried to install the Kexts with kext helper after running the installer but this results in a black screen after reboot.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

your system is working fine. you just need to apply the expose display sleep wakeup via mouse corner trick. in expose define a corner to wake the display by moving mouse into that corner. You can do this a) by booting into safe mode (at kernel promplt -x) or attach an external monitor when notebook is off, then boot and you get your display on ext monitor, apply the expose trick, then turn off notebook, reboot and when you get the black screen after some time, move your mouse into defined corner and back and you get your display. sonotone's patcher has a script that does that on boot. if you apply his gma950 patcher it will install the script for you.

Hi,

First thanks for your answear and for your help !! :(

- Second, I try some of your solution but nothing works :thumbsup_anim:

But I have some idea :

- The only difference with my laptop and your laptop is the release.

two sound kext HDA is the same so I think that the problem don't come to this kext !!!

I use iPC10.5.6 and you no !!

I think you have different kext to me but witch kext ??

Do you think that it can be IOPCIFAMILY ??

I send you a screenshot to my PCI hardware detection, my soundcard is well recognized !!!!

OTHER PROBLEM :

+ My USB doesn't mount automatically, I test some iPC patch but witouth result, do you know a good patch ??

Thanks much for your help !!

Egle

post-186087-1237840265_thumb.png

Hi,

First thanks for your answear and for your help !! :)

- Second, I try some of your solution but nothing works :(

But I have some idea :

- The only difference with my laptop and your laptop is the release.

two sound kext HDA is the same so I think that the problem don't come to this kext !!!

I use iPC10.5.6 and you no !!

I think you have different kext to me but witch kext ??

Do you think that it can be IOPCIFAMILY ??

I send you a screenshot to my PCI hardware detection, my soundcard is well recognized !!!!

OTHER PROBLEM :

+ My USB doesn't mount automatically, I test some iPC patch but witouth result, do you know a good patch ??

Thanks much for your help !!

Egle

not sure what went wrong there. look at this post apparently no problems installing iPC.

as for USB. try to delete your AppleHPET.kext and you should get your USB working normal again. worked here (that kext is to wake system from sleep via USB - since our sleep doesn't work we don't need it).

your system is working fine. you just need to apply the expose display sleep wakeup via mouse corner trick. in expose define a corner to wake the display by moving mouse into that corner. You can do this a) by booting into safe mode (at kernel promplt -x) or attach an external monitor when notebook is off, then boot and you get your display on ext monitor, apply the expose trick, then turn off notebook, reboot and when you get the black screen after some time, move your mouse into defined corner and back and you get your display. sonotone's patcher has a script that does that on boot. if you apply his gma950 patcher it will install the script for you.

Thank you for your reply TheGreatDeceiver.

I have tried to use sonotone's patcher to apply the script but that does not seem to work. After installing, repairing permissions and rebooting, I meet a black screen like before. What could be the cause of this?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I am sorry, but I need help. I have installed iAtkos 10.5.5 into my dell 1420. Mostly everything works fine and I am quite happy with the installation. There are a few things that I would like to fix, but the number 1 bug that I have, and the one I've been really working on is the sound. I have no sound, i have tried to apply a new appleHDAkext with kexthelper, I've tried the patcher, I've tried the post-install with every 92xx option, and the best I could get was once I got sound through the headphones and that was it. I would be extremely thankful if somebody could help me out. When I purchased the dell I ordered it with the Audigy soundblaster option, which i believe is equivalent to the Sigmatel High Def Audio (9228?).

The system profiler tells me there is "no built-in audio". I have the speaker icon on the top right corner, and the laptop's volume controls work fine. Under system preferences I have "HD Audio Output" and under input there is "no input devices found." Under Audio Midi, there is the "HD Audio output" and nothing else available.

Finally there are a lot of things I'd like to have, like the ability to shutdown/restart completely without having the hold down the power button, or be able to scroll with the touchpad, but both of this things are very minor in comparison with the audio. I would also love to be able to use photobooth, but then I get a message that says my graphics card doesn't support it (my webcam works in other programs though). I know I'm a complete newbie here, and this is my first post, but I would really like to get some help with this issue.

Thank you very much everyone.

Dell Inspiron 1420, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2MB/2.0Ghz/800Mhz FSB, 3GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHZ, 128MB Nvidia Go 8400M GS, 120GB SATA (7200rpm), Integrated Sound blaster Audigy HD, 1490 802.11a/g, integrated 2MP webcam, 355 bluetooth internal, integrated 10/100 network card and modem.

lets see, i installed on my good old 1530 windows7 and decided to install also a nice osx, had a copy of kelyway so i installed etc... finally got the boot going, installed the network card, so far everything worked, installed the nvidia driver, still worked, keyboard also... then i decided to use for the rest the auto compiling thingie... guess i clicked sometin wrong and eventually i ended up in a irreversible kernel panic... the nice thing is that auto compiling thingie has actually made a good old backup for me... here comes the main question;

knowing that i cannot boot in to osx, with -s -v -x or anytin like that, and i cant use to copy sometin to the system without the permission what do i do?

i theory i should be able to boot with install cd than get in cmd, thats what i did, but i cant even mount the device... damn...

the backup files are under /DellLaptops/Backup and i gotta put them /System/Library/Extensions... whaaat do i do how do i do? if anyone can direct me on a specific post or sometin like that i'd be veeery happy

i hope that it wont be needed to re-install osx from scratch

THNX

cheers

ps: i'm usin osx for the first time, i'v got some exp on linux but cant find the strings needed to be able to access encoded folders...

just a note.

I have noticed that many of you with problems recently posted are related to conflicts with kexts already loaded in the extension.mkext in the Extra folder in the root. This may have been created depending on the installation you use. Some of you may not even know it's there. You need to make absolutely sure that kexts you update or reinstall are not located in there, or that you install the new kext into this folder and overwrite old ones. You can use mkext tools available on this board to extract and update the kexts when you need to.

tgd

Indeed !!

My soundcard problem came to Extension.mkext.

And to solve this problem, I decompiled my mkext file, deleted AppleHDA and rebuild file.

When I reboot, my system load AppleHDA in S/L/E and no in Extra...

So now, my soundcard works very well !!!!

Enjoy 

installerv1smallyd0.jpg> installernj0.png

Min. requierement: Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.2

Installer v1.3 (updated 10/06/2008)

- Add SpeedStep support

- Add patched Kernels for Dual-Core Shuttering (tscsync)

- Add Keyboard Layouts

- Add Macbook Air SMBios model

- Use nawcom's startup method for Intel Gma graphics (not tested*, need feedbacks)

- Add shutdown fix for AppleHDA.kext

- Add new sigmatel 9200 kext ( by jaysonz based on TBcarey's one, speakers issue is fixed)

- Add Safe Update section: Install AppleDecrypt and Disabler.kext (you can use official updates)

- Better Organisation of files, update some scripts, fix installation issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jm4kzzn25j2

Installer v1.3.1 (updated 11/06/2008)

- Switch to GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext (1.017) instead of IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext

- Updated sigmatel 9205/9228 kexts

- Updated ALC268

- Add Ukrainian keyboard layout (by Jurek)

- Some permissions problems fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wgiqnumhmny

Installer v1.4.1 (updated 12/26/2008)

- Add SD card reader support

- Add IDT 92HD73C1 support

- Add Broadcom 5784M support

- Add Inspiron 6400 / Vostro 1500 trackpad scrolling support

- Add 9.6 (+model patch) Tsc Sync Kernel

- Add PC_EFI v9 (boot file) in Safe update section.

- Update Speedstep enabler (genericpowermanagement 1.1.4)

- Update Sigmatel 9228 (gbonilla's update)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj52kuyhjwj

GET INVOLVED!!

I need Configuration Files for 2-fingers Support (com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist) to improve this package. If you set your own files correctly, please contribute, attach it here.

Trackpads actually supported:

- Inspiron 9400

- XPS M1330/1530

- D630 (by zitounec)

- XPS M1710 (by Fr3aks)

- Vostro 1500 (by Silverain)

- Inspiron 6400/E1505 ( by the great deceiver)

*not tested: I've tested installation process and scripts, but not on related hardware.

----------------------------

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 V2 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?3mvzghmwym0

support Sound (sigmatel 9200)/NV Graphics/BatteryMeter/PS2 with nice GUI.

+ Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgz0dbmyzze

Chameleon + DFE r146 boot + kexts

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?mezqnnm4yqv

Chameleon + PC_EFI_V9 boot + hardware support for 10.5.6

Check readme about kexts and features.

V1.4 should be the last build i make. If someone (serious) is interrested to continue and improve this project, PM me.