Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

ok ok ok so i boot with iso, swap, install, reboot with -f, run the pkg, reboot normal update to 10.5.5, reboot, run pkg, reboot, update 10.5.6, reboot run pkg reboot, LOVE IT!!!?

yes, when you update to 10.5.5 you need to be careful with AppleIntelCPUmanagement. need to run script to remove it right when it gets installed. let me know if you don't know what that is. I think the voodoo kernel and a disabler are already installed with the iso, however, it's better to be safe than sorry.

it's more complicated to upgrade to 10.5.6. follow instructions here or here. In hindsight it appears that installing iPC's release of 10.5.6 is easier and you will end up with sth that isn't any different....

I tried to research this... but I didn't find much info. How can I use the new IntelStepSpeed.kext without locking up my system? I had to go into safe mode, remove the kext to bypass kernel panic.

Thanks!

I tried to research this... but I didn't find much info. How can I use the new IntelStepSpeed.kext without locking up my system? I had to go into safe mode, remove the kext to bypass kernel panic.

Thanks!

the only speedstep that works at the moment is superhai's voodoo power. he also has a little app that tells you how your cpu is stepping. xnu's intelspeedstep latest version will crash your system as you found out.

Hi,

I'd install iPC 10.5.6.

Before install it I'd know somethings.

What is the better chioce, use this options

1-FORMAT- Dual Boot with XP and OSx86

2-LANGUAGE-Italian

3-KERNEL- Nothing

4-VIDEO-- Nnvinject 256

5-CHIPSET-intel IHCx SATA Drivers

6-AUDIO - Sigmatel 9228

7-ETHERNET - Nothing

8-WIRELESS - Nothing

9-USB - Nothing

10-POWER M. - Power Management Package

11-FIXES- Nothing

12-PS/2- Deviced Support

13-DTS Patches- Nothing

14-AppleSMBIOS- Nothing

15-ALTERNATE B.- Nothing

16-APPLICATIONS- Some

or nothings and after installation use the Dell Post Installation pakage?

Thx so much.

PS.

In a past installation I have had a keyboard error.

After the welcome animation I have had a shielded that said to me: s

puh the buttson at the right at the "shift" button untill ur keyboard is recognized.

After more time nothings happen.

hey i read the majority of this post but there was a lot so hopefully you can help me.

i tried install multiple kexts through your wonderfull installer but after i repaired permisions and rebooted there is an error message proclaiming something like

"_____ kext is unusable it was installed incorrectly please contact who ever made this"

thats not exactly what it said but im sure youve heard of this problem before.

im just trying to get my wifi to work the other kexts arent important at the moment.

please help and thank you for your patience as i am obviously not to knowledagble.

-xps m1530

intel core two duo t8100

500 gb sata

1395 wifi

iatkos v5i

8600 nvidia

hey i read the majority of this post but there was a lot so hopefully you can help me.

i tried install multiple kexts through your wonderfull installer but after i repaired permisions and rebooted there is an error message proclaiming something like

"_____ kext is unusable it was installed incorrectly please contact who ever made this"

thats not exactly what it said but im sure youve heard of this problem before.

im just trying to get my wifi to work the other kexts arent important at the moment.

please help and thank you for your patience as i am obviously not to knowledagble.

-xps m1530

intel core two duo t8100

500 gb sata

1395 wifi

iatkos v5i

8600 nvidia

Dude what version osx? If you're using the new 10.5.6 the post installer is almost useless, as many settings have changed and cause kernel panics. I used nvdarwin to get my 8600m gt working - nvinstaller won't work. I don't know how I ended up getting the sound going - I ended up playing with the hd audio patcher - as the kexts no longer work in the post installer. Neither does two finger scrolling.

I Hope there is an updated post installer for 10.5..6 that gets everything working A1 again as this is an awesome app for everyone with a Dell.

Chemical.

I'll make a update soon, but don't have much time yet.

anthuny24:

It's a permissions bug from installer (the big part i need to fix).

Drop the kext to your desktop, and then install it again with kext helper, this should fix the issue.

I've also wrote a little guide to fix display informations. if you're interrested: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152352

Hi !

I'm a french user and i've tested the Dell Laptops Post-Installer on my XPS M1730.

I have tested the latest version, but i found the Broadcom 5784M dont' work. Does it work for anybody ?

I found that there isn't 8700M GT SLI drivers in this package, and i'm using NVkush installer and it don't really work too.

Also, there isn't any driver working for intel wireless 4965 AGN ?

Thanks for your answers.

Please, help me !

I'll make a update soon, but don't have much time yet.

anthuny24:

It's a permissions bug from installer (the big part i need to fix).

Drop the kext to your desktop, and then install it again with kext helper, this should fix the issue.

I've also wrote a little guide to fix display informations. if you're interrested: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152352

sonotone, great to hear from you and good to know you are working on an update soon. I just wanted to inform you about an update from tbcarey on the hda driver situation for 9400/6400 users. you may already know...

thanks

tgd

sonotone, great to hear from you and good to know you are working on an update soon. I just wanted to inform you about an update from tbcarey on the hda driver situation for 9400/6400 users. you may already know...

thanks

tgd

I second that... I thought it was just my install was hosed... I been getting allot kernel panics... and was about to reinstall from scratch. Thanks for working on the fixes. :thumbsup_anim:

Yesterday i install iPC 10.5.6 - Vanilla 9.6.0

on BIOS Diable Dual Core

Now i find this great patch. Any can write step by step. How to UNLOCK 2 cores on T7600 - XPM M1710?

Using this scripts?

TNX

just run the lastest patcher 1.4.1 and pick the correct kernel (9.6) for dual core support (under Others), then go back into bios enable both cores and you are good to go.

TNX

My XPS M1710 with GeForce Go 7950GTX 5120 MB he can not to run with the full hardware acceleration.

I check NVinject 0.2.1 512MB / NVinjectGO 512MB - nothing.

GeForce Go 7950 GTX:

Chipset Model:   GeForce Go 7950 GTX
   Type:   Display
   Bus:   PCIe
   PCIe Lane Width:   x16
   VRAM (Total):   512 MB
   Vendor:   NVIDIA (0x10de)
   Device ID:   0x0297
   Revision ID:   0x00a1
   ROM Revision:   NVinject 0.2.1
   Displays:
 Display Connector:
 Display:
   Resolution:   1920 x 1200
   Depth:   32-bit Color
   Core Image:   Software
   Main Display:   Yes
   Mirror:   Off
   Online:   Yes
   Quartz Extreme:   Not Supported

When I start movie (YouTube) on full screen - MEGA LAGS, next i download "MonsterTrucksNitro_DEMO_v120" on apple site - ULTRA MEGA LAG

What has to do?

How I can install correct driver?

What does the two finger trackpad scrolling do? I tried this before, in an earlier version, and I just selected inspiron 9400 since there was no option for 6400 then. It really made the trackpad almost unusable. It seemed to work with changes in pressure of my finger, not multiple fingers, as the package suggests.

I have a Synaptics trackpad. Does this work now with multi-touch?

So, does this make the trackpad work like on a real macbook, with multi-touch, or is it different?

Also, is there a way to make the laptop wake up from sleep? I have the GMA 950.

Thanks in advance.

And so it'll work.That's good.And let's say something does go wrong. Is there a way to uninstall a patch?

All kexts are backed up into /DellLaptop/backup

Just restore them with kexthelper if needed.

Any suggestions to get vga out to work on dell xps m1330?

You need to edit you nvcap value. take a look on macgirl's topic, and if you get it working, please post the nvcap here, i'll update nvinject.

What does the two finger trackpad scrolling do? I tried this before, in an earlier version, and I just selected inspiron 9400 since there was no option for 6400 then. It really made the trackpad almost unusable. It seemed to work with changes in pressure of my finger, not multiple fingers, as the package suggests.

I have a Synaptics trackpad. Does this work now with multi-touch?

So, does this make the trackpad work like on a real macbook, with multi-touch, or is it different?

Also, is there a way to make the laptop wake up from sleep? I have the GMA 950.

Thanks in advance.

you can't get 2 finger scrolling on the 6400, only one finger scrolling. works fine here. you switch between scrolling and tapping by rolling and pressure of your finger.

I used the most recent Dell Laptop Installer on my XPS M1330 to install the M1330 trackpad drivers. The trackpad didn't give me 2 finger scrolling but also, I was able to restart/shutdown fine upto this point. I reloaded the old kexts from /DellLaptops/Backup but frustratingly my laptop still is having shutdown/restart errors. Is there anything else I can "revert" besides just the ApplePS2Controller.kext that will undo the patch for the trackpad scrolling?

Hi there,

first of all thanks a lot to you guys figuring all this stuff out,

I've got trouble with the sigmatel 9228, I'm on an xps 1530 using iAtkos 2.0. It' been driving me nuts for days now.

After installing I can see voulume control in my menu bar and in system preferences under sound I can see HD audio. However it will not play sound. I've tried a lot of different things, tarugas patcher editing appleHDA.kext and nothing worked.

All these things ever did was remove the volume control and when I check in system preferences now it doesn't recognize any audio at all...

Any hint on how to resove this would be great

thanks

I have spent the last week working on getting OSx86 10.5.2 running on my Inspiron 9400

hardware:

T2500 2.0Ghz Processor

2GIG Ram

ATI x1400 Video Card (Currently at 1400x1050 rez)

When I do the Core2Duo 9.2 patch in the installer and reboot the system still shows

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 0

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.EFI.V80

Serial Number: CK157KMHK5B

But when I remove the cpus=1 from the boot it changes to:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.EFI.V80

Serial Number: CK157KMHK5B

But when I do this the USB ports stop working if I add back in the cpus=1 then there fine. But I am still at 0 cores and 1 processor.

Any ideas?

everything is 9.2 Kernel and along with the system.kext

Also When I run the 1.4.1 dell update installer i get errors on files like there installed wrong when I go and look at them there empty.... Security issue?

But the sound update did work for me. But the battery stuff did not.

Thanks for all the hard work by everyone!

I used the 10.5.2 kawlway install disk and used the 9.2 speedstep kernel during the install.

Oh and one more thing the battery meeter worked before I did this update now its not working...

Mike

SATA AHCI MODE -AHCI

SATA PORTO-W NATVE ENABLED

USB ENABLED

USB2 ENABLED

USB KEYBOARD DISABLED

AZALIA CODEC AUTO

\ONBOARD HARDWAR FAN ENABLED

ONBOARD BOOT ROM DISABLED

ONBOARD IDE ENABLED

ONBOARD SERIAL PORT 1 3F8/IRQ4

PARALLEL PORT 378/ IRQ7

PARALLEL PORT MODE SPP

ACPI SUSPEND TYPE S3 3RT

SOFT OF BY POWER INSTANT OFF

WAPE UP ENABLED

POER ON BY ENABLED

RESUJE BY ACAR DISABLED

HPET SUPPOERT ENABLED

HPET MODE 32 BIT MODE

POWER BY MOUSE DISABLED

POWER BY KEYBOARD DISABLED

AC BACK FUNCTION SOFT OFF

PCI 1 AUTO

PCI2 AUTO

ROBUST GRAPHIC BOOSTER AUTO

CPUCLOCK RATIO 9X

DPU CLOCK CONTROL DISABLED

PCIEXPRESS FREQUENCY AUTO

ADVANCED CLOCK CONTROL PRESS ENTER

CRAM

PERFMORANCE ENHANCE TURBO

G MOH FREQUENCEY LSTER AUTO

SYSTEM MEMORY MULTIPLIEYR SPD AUTO

MEMORY FREQ 667

TIMING SELECTABLE SPD AUTO

IDE CHANNALS NONE

HALT ON NO ERRORS

HDD SMART CAPABILITY ENABLED

CPU MULTI THREADING ENABLED

LIMIT CPUID MAX TO 3 DISABLED

CPU THERMAL MONITOR 2 ENABLED

CPU EIST FUNCTION ENABLED

VIRTUALIZATION TECH ENABLED

DELAY FOR HDD 9

FULL SCREEN LOGO ENABLED

INITIAL DISPLAY PEG

Hi all,

I've just update my old Kalyway to 10.5.6 MacOsX update.

Everything works fine except my soundcard.

I have Sigmatel 9200 and my card doesn't works.

I used some different kext but I have already the same result. Don't work

Don't know why...

I take screen capture to my audio setup panel !!

Somebody can help me ?

Thx

post-186087-1235827906_thumb.png