Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am looking for help with which AppleSMBIOS to load from the post installer? I am learning as I go.

I have an Inspiron E1505 if that makes a difference.

Thanks. FDIAZ

I would select the MacBook AppleSMBIOS.

you can see the difference in System Profiler.

Hi,

this installer is no longer supported. Many kexts are now outdated (PS2, Audio..etc). And i haven't actually time to build a new version.

Beyond that, concept is also outdated: we need to use as much as possible the Extra folder (pc_efiv9, chameleon 2), and this installer do not support it.

I hope i'll have some time to make a new update in few mounths, when voodoo's stuffs will come out from beta stage.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to try this, but is there any guide anywhere on how to patch the iso with these files? Or how am I supposed to go about doing this if I can't get past the "plug in a keyboard to continue" part?

I really want to try this, but is there any guide anywhere on how to patch the iso with these files? Or how am I supposed to go about doing this if I can't get past the "plug in a keyboard to continue" part?

sonotone provided you with the iso and hard disk files for installing a retail disk on the first page.

• 2 weeks later...

I had pretty good success with the installer. However after installing multi-core support (instead of just selecting 10.5.2 i selected 10.5.2-10.5.6) my machine (dell d430) has become terribly slow and if i try to reinstall from scratch it the cd drive is not listed as a bootable device.

Symptoms:

1. laptop takes about 10 minutes to boot up.

2. very slow application start up.

I've removed all the Kexts however is there a way to remove the multi-core support I didnt see anything multi-core related in the Kext library.

Thanks!

KC

I had pretty good success with the installer. However after installing multi-core support (instead of just selecting 10.5.2 i selected 10.5.2-10.5.6) my machine (dell d430) has become terribly slow and if i try to reinstall from scratch it the cd drive is not listed as a bootable device.

Symptoms:

1. laptop takes about 10 minutes to boot up.

2. very slow application start up.

I've removed all the Kexts however is there a way to remove the multi-core support I didnt see anything multi-core related in the Kext library.

Thanks!

KC

slowness is indicative of appleintelcpumanagement.kext present. move it out of your extensions to see a change. hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi im using inspiron 1520 and iPC OSx86 10.5.6

i upgrade to 5.7 and i m using this post installer

sigmatel 9205 working

Wifi working

nvidia working

but bluetooth not working if i use 5.6 then working but when i upgrade to 5.7 not working

how can i install bluetooth kext or driver whatever

thanks

?? Dubious ownership ??

I was using the dell laptop post installer for fixing the X3100 on my D630

But in the logfile I can find the following:

Jun 9 21:13:00 localhost com.apple.launchctl.Background[72]: launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.nawcom.ResDaemon.plist

Jun 9 21:13:00 localhost com.apple.launchctl.Background[72]: launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.nawcom.Sleep_Login.plist

What is a dubious ownership ? how can I fix it ?

Any assistance is welcome !

sp-am

?? Dubious ownership ??

I was using the dell laptop post installer for fixing the X3100 on my D630

But in the logfile I can find the following:

Jun 9 21:13:00 localhost com.apple.launchctl.Background[72]: launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.nawcom.ResDaemon.plist

Jun 9 21:13:00 localhost com.apple.launchctl.Background[72]: launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.nawcom.Sleep_Login.plist

What is a dubious ownership ? how can I fix it ?

Any assistance is welcome !

sp-am

it's pretty clear to me. you need to give it back to the person you stole it from to prevent time in prison :)

joke aside. I have no idea. couldn't resist though

installerv1smallyd0.jpg> installernj0.png

This Project is not supported or updated anymore.

Considering progress made with Retail installation, that kind of projects are now obsolete.

Min. requierement: Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.2

Installer v1.4.1 (updated 12/26/2008)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj52kuyhjwj

----------------------------

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 V2 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?3mvzghmwym0

support Sound (sigmatel 9200)/NV Graphics/BatteryMeter/PS2 with nice GUI.

+ Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgz0dbmyzze

Chameleon + DFE r146 boot + kexts

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?mezqnnm4yqv

Chameleon + PC_EFI_V9 boot + hardware support for 10.5.6

Check readme about kexts and features.

V1.4 should be the last build i make. If someone (serious) is interrested to continue and improve this project, PM me.

Hi i reinstalled iatkos 5 with xp, it looks very cool. But i have the following problems, i don't have:

- Audio ( Sigmatel Stac 9205x at Intel 82801 ihbm ich8m)

- Airport Card ( Intel pro wirelless 3945 ABG Network)

- Modem

- Ethernet (Broadcom Netxtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller)

Somebody knows how i could fix it??

My system is:

DELL PRECISION M6300

# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00GHz)

# Mobile Intel P965 Express Chipset

# Intel Pro Wireless 3945 ABG

# Ethernet Broadcom Netxtreme BCM5756ME

# 3GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM (

# 120GB Ata Fujitsu MHW 2120B

# 8x DVD (+/-R double layer) drive

# 17.0" diagonal widescreen matte TFT LCD display at 1920x 1200 (WXGA+, matte)

# 256MB nVidia Quadro FX 1600M (512MB dedicated and shared memory)

What i must install?

Many thanks for all

For everyone who like this project and for everyone who is a Dell User:

I am gonna take the maintaining and the support of this project, as of that I am a Dell User too. I am looking for another dell users which will help me. The next goal of this project is classification. So it will be classified by the Notebook Series (XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude) and by the Model (e.g. Dell Vostro 1500...).

So I want you to post some fixes, solutions, drivers which you have found and which you want to be included in the next release 1.5.0. And please include the credit when posting them. ;)