March 27th 2008 OSx86 roundup (Updated)

apowerr

16 posts in this topic

Today Apple has released Security Update 2008-002 v1.1 for Mac OS 10.5.2 users. From Apple:

Security Update 2008-002 is recommended for all users and improves the security of Mac OS X. Previous security updates have been incorporated into this security update.

A quick look at the update through pacifist reveals that it is perfectly safe for any hackintosh or macintosh alike.

secupdatesafegx9.th.png

After installing, AMD users should scan and patch:

'/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks' with Marvin's AMD Utility because of changes the update makes to 'Networkconfig.framework/Versions/A/'.

In other, mildly recent OSx86 news, eddie11c's Leo4allv2 was released March 23rd in the form of a PPF patch for existing .ISOs and as a standalone .ISO.

This release is unique to the OSx86 world because it is compatible with both AMD and Intel systems: universal if you will :blink: .

Changelog:

-Improved ATI and GMA950 graphics support with updated kexts

-Updated the RemoveVideo script

-Corrected an issue with some PS2 keyboards on laptops not working

-Added the latest Time Machine and Security Updates into the installer

-Added Quicktime 7.4.1 update

-Added option to choose Vanilla 9.2.2 kernel

-Updated AppleSMBIOS to latest version by Netkas

-Removed APIC option

-Added new Applications: Unison, Pacifist, KextHelper

-Added support for some Marvell PATA chipsets, for those ICH9 users that requested it

-System Profiler should be working as intended now for everyone

-By request I changed out the AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

-Modified the default ACL package, this may speed the install a little for some

Official Leo4all Wiki.

Finally, it appears that testing has begun on a new 'version 2' of JaS's work-in-progress 'OSx86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3' release. JaS has contributed a great amount to the OSx86 community, and many of us have fond memories of his excellent Tiger releases. The official thread for this release can be found here.

March 27th Update:

Wiki Team member ~pcwiz has succeeded in running OS 10.5 in VMWare!

Hello everyone. Over the past few weeks I've been struggling at it to get Leopard on VMware working, which is in huge demand. I have now succeeded. Using the Leopard flat image, a VMware conversion, and some kernel and kext tweaks I have Mac OS X 10.5 working on VMware. And you know what the best part is? This setup requires NO configuration with the config file. Just make a new virtual machine, pop in the image and we're ready to go.
Forgot to add, I'm using VMware Workstation 6.0 build 45731 on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1. I might decide to release this as a downloadable package. I don't know if I can write a guide for it because it was challenging, and you need an already working Tiger VMware install for the kext mods and I don't remember half the things I did to get it to work.

~pcwiz's thread can be found here. Great work :rolleyes: !

Excellent! I love hearing about OS X86 news. Always cheers me up! And this news is in peticular rather exciting. I haven't tried Leo4all, but I have been looking up on it, and if I need a new DVD to work with, I think I will try this. Kalyway is still working well for me though.

Thank you! Time to update. :)

Hi,

Just to enquire, how come i dun see the update in my software update? It says my software is up to date. And I have not installed the Security Update 2008-002 v1.1. I only have installed the Security Update 2008-002 v1.0. Any1 else encounter this?

Installed the v1.1 update at restart my computer hang in the aurora screen.

After reset and start update came up with v1.0 again.

Installed that one again downloaded v1.1 from the apple site

and installed it without any problems.

In the update log it only shows two times v1.0 now.

update.tiff

i have a quick question, i was reading what are the news, and i read this:

"Updated AppleSMBIOS to latest version by Netkas", sorry if its a dumb question,

but how on offical update (doing by leopard's update) has something altered by an user ? or do i hv to download this patch from somewhere else ?

tks

i have a quick question, i was reading what are the news, and i read this:

"Updated AppleSMBIOS to latest version by Netkas", sorry if its a dumb question,

but how on offical update (doing by leopard's update) has something altered by an user ? or do i hv to download this patch from somewhere else ?

tks

The AppleSMBIOS is just a new kext, it should work fine with any 10.5.2 install. You should install it if you can't use vanilla kexts and you're having issues with coreplayer and such.

• 2 weeks later...