iTunes 7.6.1 Released

Numberzz

29 posts in this topic

Today, Apple released another update to iTunes. The new version, 7.6.1, isn't very clear on what it updates. All it says is "iTunes 7.6.1 includes several bug fixes and improves compatibility with Apple TV software version 2.0." So fire up your Software Update!

20080221-ej1jxsessy6ik4ykcku29c3sqx.jpg

when im using vista its {censored}..i dont have the 64 bit version, but when i open it, its all blacked out for at least a min...weird..did my update in leopard about an hour ago...seems fantastic in osx

I agree with the blacked out part, i always thought it was my special case of running dual monitors on a laptop video card, but when itunes is fired up, parts of the window are blacked out and remain blacked out until i click on some parts of the window itself.

Also, the coverflow in vista is horribly choppy and slow, especially when compared to when i boot into OSX on the same machine, its smooth as glass, really annoying considering its the same hardware.

I agree with the blacked out part, i always thought it was my special case of running dual monitors on a laptop video card, but when itunes is fired up, parts of the window are blacked out and remain blacked out until i click on some parts of the window itself.

Also, the coverflow in vista is horribly choppy and slow, especially when compared to when i boot into OSX on the same machine, its smooth as glass, really annoying considering its the same hardware.

I haven't noticed the blacking out part yet, although I'll admit that coverflow is noticably slow compared to its OS X counterpart. Apple really needs to make iApps "just work" for Windows... at least make their apps have window shadows on Vista and optimized their apps for the Windows codebase.. Is that too much to ask? ^_^

Working great on the Mac side of my MBP, still sucks in XP... but what else is new?

The update seems to have finally fixed the annoying glitch in Leopard where I had to "quit" iTunes twice before it would actually close. Then again, maybe it just hasn't happened yet. :)

Hmmm. . .

Considering the timing, I'd say it's possible that Apple may have made changes in response to DVD Jon's new software. You can check it out here: http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

I'm kinda surprised it didn't make front page news here.

Oh well. I'm not updating right now.

How am I supposed to know about it? It's not on any of the major rumor sites.... remember, people can always PM me about news they want on the front page.

is it just me, or is iTunes fantastically awful in Windows? (XP or Vista)

I'm running iTunes 7.4 with Windows XP Pro on my Dell Optiplex 170L. I'm mainly using to stream Radio stations and ocassionally to rip CD's. iTunes seems to be slow to launch and general operation.

I'm running iTunes 7.2 with OSx86 10.4.6 on my Dell Inspiron 1300 and Dell Optiplex GX-260. iTunes launches fast and performs flawlessly on both machines.

On my Home PC (MSI mPC 915), I'm also running iTunes 7.2 with OSx86 10.4.6. iTunes also performs flawlessly (including CoverFlow).

--danyel :)

How am I supposed to know about it? It's not on any of the major rumor sites.... remember, people can always PM me about news they want on the front page.

Numberzz,

I wasn't ragging on you, man. (Well, maybe I was, just a little.) I love this place. I didn't know we could PM ya about news. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Keep up the good work--you almost always post relevant news before I see it elsewhere.

Thanks.

I updated, and there is no sound in itunes ;) Cant listen to my music anymore

you got that too? I was having the same problem. I updated and I could no longer get sound out of ANY music program I was trying to run. If I rebooted. I can hear the sound initialize but from any program I could not hear anything. Anyone else have this problem or a fix. I'm gonna try to reinstall and update this first before I install anything else.