Atheros Network Drivers

TheMaxx32000

381 posts in this topic

Anyone else have a problem after getting the card installed "AirPort" will not turn on? I installed the drivers using OSX86Tools.

Outside of my current situation with the iDeneb install. All the times I've had this working previously the airport never appeared to be turned on. Typically you'd have to go into the network diagnostic tool and you would click the box to turn the airport on and it would scan for networks. Even though you turned it on in the diagnostic tool it still didn't show as being on in the rest of the OS however you would typically be working at this point.

I have got an Abit AirPace PCI-e wireless card which uses an Atheros AR5006XS Chip. I am using an iDeneb build of OSX 10.5.6 and during the installation I selected the AR5007 driver thinking it would work.

Does anyone know how I can get my card working?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have followed this:Snow Leopard 2 PC and also this Tutorial: Osx86 Snow Leopard 10A261 via PCIEFI9 but mainly the first site as it is for 10A380 and now updated for 10A394.

I have deleted OSInstall.mpkg and replaced with attached one (it is for 10A380).

I have used a usb stick of 8 GB to restore snow leopard install dvd so I have not made a new partition. I have also used an external USB HDD with leopard 10.5.7 installed from which I have installed snow leopard to my laptop hdd.

Try and see how it works for you. ask if you have any troubles maybe I can help.

This worked for Aspire 5735Z but it didn't work for Compaq c754 (it remains stacked at boot). I'll try with that new kernel for 10A394 and mybe it'll also work for compaq.

Good luck

OSInstall_mpkg.zip

I'm hoping that someone can help. I have a PCI wireless card using the Atheros 5212 chipset. It worked fine in 10.5.5 (using the Network Diagnostics trick to turn it on) but ever since I upgraded to 10.5.7 I've been unable to get it to work in the slightest.

I removed the Airport connection in the Network control panel -- thinking I perhaps needed to remove it and add it again -- and it won't let me add another Airport connection. I would guess that means that the OS isn't recognizing the card, or the driver isn't working. I've been through the tutorials and installed the drivers through OSX86Tools to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was working fine until I upgraded to 10.5.8. Now it shows no Airport card installed and the mac address is empty. The system still sees the card but it says the driver is not installed.

I tried reinstalling the driver but still have the same problem.

Anyone else upgrade?

AR5001

• 1 month later...
So I was working fine until I upgraded to 10.5.8. Now it shows no Airport card installed and the mac address is empty. The system still sees the card but it says the driver is not installed.

See http://www.viewfromthedock.com/2009/08/tem...-8-airport-bug/

Use pacifist to restore AppleAirport.kext and IO80211Family.kext from MacOSX 10.5.7

Combo Update

(after this I had to edit Info.plist in IO80211Family to add my deviceid again (0x13))

it's working fine again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, my 10.5.8 hackintosh use the Atheros AR5B91 which is AR928x chipset, is there any driver for this to work on my laptop?? been trying to find a driver for this one but no luck!

Atheros AR5B91 supported in 32 bit mode of Snow Leopard. Recognizes the AR5B91 as an Airport card. I've had some issues between Snow and my router, but running NetStat seems to repair the connection.

Atheros AR5B91 supported in 32 bit mode of Snow Leopard. Recognizes the AR5B91 as an Airport card. I've had some issues between Snow and my router, but running NetStat seems to repair the connection.

so your saying it does work? if so, is there anything special you need to do or does it work "out of the box"?

Hi guys, just wanted to report that I got my AR5008X / AR5416 based card working on Leopard 10.5.8.

I've read in a few places that this chipset is supposed to work OOB, and originally this card was detected as an AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3071) but It was turned off and it just wouldn't turn on with the "Turn AirPort On" button in network prefs.

Well it seems that the Network Setup Assistant is able to turn on the card just fine, just open the assistant and it will offer to turn on your card if it's off.

I'm so glad I decided to try the assistant first because I was about to start trying a few things like installing kexts from 10.5.7 etc. :D