Atheros Network Drivers

TheMaxx32000

381 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

im having the same problem here, i need the Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Kext/Driver

im using Intel Quad 6600 and a P5KPL-CM motherboard which installed Leopard fine (tried several isos) but still cant get the ethernet to work.

im dual booting windows 7 6956 and iatkos 5.0i

Any help is appreciated!

have an Acer Aspire 5315 using Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i.iso) and Vista Ultimate

.In Vista under Device Manager it gives me an Atheros 5007EG but on another

hard Disk runing XP it displays Atheros 5006 so i did the following

1.Without installing Airport Update 2008-004 l use kext helper to install io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2)

2. After an restart l noticed that Airport turned on but yellow (No Network) I have tried at least 5

or 6 different versions of io80211family.kext but only version 2.1.2 loads properly and gives me

under System Profiler/Airport Card/ Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and System Profiler/ Extensions

-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5

-IO80211Family v.2.1.2

I noticed that the networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1

If l delete all the mkext files and repair io80211family.kext permissions

(chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext

chown -R root:wheel /system/extensions/io80211family.kext),

after the next restart the AirPortAtheros /IO80211Family are vanished!!!

3. So I tried the >-f< trick editing f to com.apple.boot.plist

from /Library /Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

as bellow

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key> Kernel Flags </key>

<string>-f</string>

4. Although it gave me kernel panic l rebooted as -v so l reboot again as root user

5.Then without Repair disk permission or repairing io80211family.kext permissions again or anything else

6.l started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan

and after l see network detected, l close it .l went to the airport icon on the top right on my desktop

and my network was listed. I clicked on it

From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is green!!!!Surfing with safari the the wireless Lan LED is

always inactive like if it doesn't work?The only thing thats annoying is that l have to always start kismac.

IO80211Family_kext_v.2.1.2.zip

Atheros_5007EG_proof.zip

I am totally new to macs and I have a PowerBook (FireWire) or Pismo version. Some one gave me a Belkin wireless card that has an Atheros chipset in it. I have Mac OSX 10.3.9 can't go any higher due to this laptop being old. Will this fix work for me? I have been searching for a driver for this damn card for weeks now with no luck. I've tried Orangewares and IOExperts drivers both with no luck. Some one help me out and tell me there is a way to make this work.

You can install 10.4 on a PowerBook (FireWire) or Pismo. It may be a little tricky to install, perhaps look at the XPostFacto forums for ideas. I don't think you need any XPF extensions, so after the installation don't use XPF to install the XPF extensions but rather boot the clean OS directly. 10.4 should solve a lot of wireless issues.

Okay, so I have VEN_168C&DEV_001B. I am told it is the Atheros 5006X chipset. I have tried the Atheros kexts provided on the forums already, and none of them have worked for me. Am I doing something wrong? I am using Kext Helper, and simply dragging the files in that I am finding.

Let me know what other information you need to help me

Thanks!

Steven

I have Asus M2N-X mobo with "nVIDIA MCP65 - LAN Controller (PHY: Atheros AR8012)" (as Everest says.

I've tried all nforce drivers i could find on insanelymac (4 or 5 kind) and have no result, lan card didn't evet get detected.

Is there drivers for "Atheros AR8012"?

Or it's just everest's mistake...

Try this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...aded&start=

0.62.8n nForceLAN_0.62.8.kext.zip ( 40.7K )

I have the same mobo, it works for me!

Hi all,

Just checking on an update to a previously asked question.

I have a NetGear WNDA3100 Wireless N Adapter and I believe it's a AR9100 Atheros chipset. Do you know if it's supported or working yet? I just bought the damn thing and would love to see if I can get it to work. Thanks.

have an Acer Aspire 5315 using Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i.iso) and Vista Ultimate

.In Vista under Device Manager it gives me an Atheros 5007EG but on another

hard Disk runing XP it displays Atheros 5006 so i did the following

1.Without installing Airport Update 2008-004 l use kext helper to install io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2)

2. After an restart l noticed that Airport turned on but yellow (No Network) I have tried at least 5

or 6 different versions of io80211family.kext but only version 2.1.2 loads properly and gives me

under System Profiler/Airport Card/ Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and System Profiler/ Extensions

-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5

-IO80211Family v.2.1.2

I noticed that the networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1

If l delete all the mkext files and repair io80211family.kext permissions

(chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext

chown -R root:wheel /system/extensions/io80211family.kext),

after the next restart the AirPortAtheros /IO80211Family are vanished!!!

3. So I tried the >-f< trick editing f to com.apple.boot.plist

from /Library /Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

as bellow

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key> Kernel Flags </key>

<string>-f</string>

4. Although it gave me kernel panic l rebooted as -v so l reboot again as root user

5.Then without Repair disk permission or repairing io80211family.kext permissions again or anything else

6.l started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan

and after l see network detected, l close it .l went to the airport icon on the top right on my desktop

and my network was listed. I clicked on it

From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is green!!!!Surfing with safari the the wireless Lan LED is

always inactive like if it doesn't work?The only thing thats annoying is that l have to always start kismac.

may i know you device_id for Atheros 5007EG and also please tell me where I could found kismac. thanks! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, so I have VEN_168C&DEV_001B. I am told it is the Atheros 5006X chipset. I have tried the Atheros kexts provided on the forums already, and none of them have worked for me. Am I doing something wrong? I am using Kext Helper, and simply dragging the files in that I am finding.

Let me know what other information you need to help me

Thanks!

Steven

Same here - My card is also a 168c:001b and it is showing the wifi-networks, but I'm unable to connect them. After entering the WPA-PSK, my system says "Connecting" and then after half a second it comes up with "connection failed".

I'm using XxX 10.5.6 with PPF1 - any ideas guys?

Well i noticed few of you guys have Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller. So do I :). And i would be really glad, if someone find/ create driver for it :). I have really bad luck with drivers on MAC os, hehe (cant find even one driver for my Acer 6930G :) )

Guest BuildSmart
Does anyone know if i can get the driver for Atheros AR5008X wireless netowork adaptor?
This device should be supported and at worste only require modifying the Info.plist for ID matching.

i have a toshiba m800-56 laptop with atheros AR9281 wireless card, nothing works on both mac 10.5 and 10.4.5, i also tried changing IO80211family.kext and IOnetworkingfamily.kext etc... from diffrent versions ( leopard ) nothing happened ( i did everything updating permissions etc... ) i don't know what to do, please help

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Asus eee 900a with an internal Wifi Atheros AR242x (at least that's what I read is the original WLAN card in the 900a).

What do I have to do exactly to get my aktos 10.5.6 to recognize the Wifi card?

Somehow I can't any wifi Mac drivers for this card!

Thx very much.

Hi there

i have a problem with ethernet card

i've installed the attansic L2.kext and the system detected my mac address and in network preferences it showed as ethernet, i could configure it as DHCP and it gave me a green light but unfortunately it said that internet connection could not work.

is there any way out of this predicament?

please help i would much appreciate that

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there

i have a problem with ethernet card

i've installed the attansic L2.kext and the system detected my mac address and in network preferences it showed as ethernet, i could configure it as DHCP and it gave me a green light but unfortunately it said that internet connection could not work.

is there any way out of this predicament?

please help i would much appreciate that

i have here leopard 10.55 and on a second partition i have 10.56 both are iDeneb version So i installed 1056 with audio patc and it works great buut Atheros L1 did nt at all, i installed leopard 1055 on another partition with only network pactch (AttansicL1) and the UNX kernel and iousbfamily fix after the installation ended i restarted andguess what the system is stable and recognized by leopard 1055 better than 1056 i got ataansicL1 recognized too.

but i only get in the network preferences that Ethernet woking but may not be able to connect

i only get ip address: 169...,,,,,and subnet Mask:255.255.0.0 when i try to renew DHCP o still have same ip and sub mask address Any Idea??????

from the rear of the computer i can see tje metworl orange lid keep flashing and a straight RED led BUT cannot connect

i like to share wjat ja[[en mayby someOne kows how to fix it or ......

By the way i got the Mac address for Attansic too and i cannot boot into vista or Xp unless i changed the AHCI to IDE in the bios.

P5QL Pro motherboard

Nvidia 6800xt video card

2 Sata HDs

1 Ide HD

ATI tuner but not recognized by leopard 1055 and 1056

Bluetooth dongle working OTB

Usb LiteOn dvd rw

Thank you in advance