Atheros Network Drivers

TheMaxx32000

381 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Asus eee 900a with an internal Wifi Atheros AR242x (at least that's what I read is the original WLAN card in the 900a).

What do I have to do exactly to get my aktos 10.5.6 to recognize the Wifi card?

Somehow I can't any wifi Mac drivers for this card!

Thx very much.

I have similar hardware: 900ha

Any ideas?

Hi everyone!

Anyone can help me with the following!?

I manually installed the "AirPort Client Update 2009-001", which contains a new "IO80211Family.kext" with plugins. When I put my "old" "AirPortAtheros5424.kext" in the plugins it seems that this kext is no longer loading after this update (system.log):

com.apple.kextd[10]: kld(): Undefined symbols:

com.apple.kextd[10]: __ZN16IO80211Interface11postMessageEi

com.apple.kextd[10]: __ZN16IO80211Interface22monitorModeInputPacketEP6__mbuf

com.apple.kextd[10]: __ZN17IO80211Controller20outputRaw80211PacketEP16IO80211InterfaceP6__mbuf

kextd[57]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortAtheros5424

kextd[57]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros5424.kext

Putting the "old" IO80211Family binary back work as a workaround, but then nothing was really updated, ey? |-)

Anyone knows if there's an updated AirPortAtheros5424.kext available that works with the AirPort Client Update 2009-001?

Cheers!

Never Mind

Guys........... in this thread they're discussing about an ATL1 working driver, I asked to ATL1 developers if they would want to develope an ATL1E, their answer was "no". ATL1 driver will never work on ATL1E.

So those who have:

Vendor: Attansic Corporation

Device: Atheros L1E - ATL1E

Also known on windows as: AR8121 AR8113 AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet controller

Device id: 1969:1026

ATL1E it's not the same of ATL1 (there's and ending "E" of difference)

All of you who wants this driver, follow this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=0&start=0

And maybe try to test this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...40907&st=20

Reader02 is developing the driver.

There has been so much effort added to this L1 since I started checking on it a while back. Now that the L1E kext is showing some hope that maybe Reader02 will finally iron out the kinks. All of the previous kexts posted in this forum never even registered but this kext makes the machine recognize the card and accept it. The step would be to wait I guess.

There has been so much effort added to this L1 since I started checking on it a while back. Now that the L1E kext is showing some hope that maybe Reader02 will finally iron out the kinks. All of the previous kexts posted in this forum never even registered but this kext makes the machine recognize the card and accept it. The step would be to wait I guess.

It's not a philosopical matter... recognize the card with device ID it's really useless, because this just mean that OSX recognize that the device ID, and the kext device ID are the same. This would not mean that driver almost work. The great job is creating a driver that works with the specific ATL1E. :)

Hi! i use lawless ppc 10.5.4.

i read that in some distros (ipc and ideneb i.e.) there are atheros l1 drivers included.

is there a way i can get it from there?

i need that for atheros l1 gigabit.... B)

UOAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

IT WORKS FINE!!

I'VE DONE AS I THOUGHT.

I EXTRACTED ATTANSIC L1 DRIVER!!

Now i'm writing this message with my Atheros L1 fully Functional!

Tell me if i can post Attansic Driver to help the others! ;)

does anyone know if i can get the driver for Atheros AR5B91 wireless netowork adaptor?

i some have this card Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter [168C-002A] [NoDB]) i need know if work in leopard ...

Hey guys, I have the same problem, so far I haven't been able to find a solution, If anyone finds a solution can you please let me know :) or post it here? That would be great. Thanks

I got a cheap ($14.95 US) Airlink 101 PCI b/g card and used the kext and it worked like a charm (A logo on the box said Atheros Super G) No kext editing needed. The card is a AWLH4030 Super G™ Wireless PCI Adapter

where did you get it so cheap? would post a link?

You probably already got one, but incase you are looking for one that supports N, or if anyone else is looking for one, I just bought an Airlink 101 USB adapter for $19.99 yesterday from Tiger Direct.

I have one of these cheapo Retail Plus Wireless N USB Adapters. In device manager it's called, Atheros OTUS Wireless network adapter. Anybody got one of these things? Anybody ever get it to work in OS X Leopard? If so...what driver did you use?

I am thinking about just getting a known compatible adapter however. But in the meantimne if there is a solution for this..it would be greatly apppreciated ;)

Has anyone got the ar282x drivers working in 10.5.6. iPC? I got my wifi card working in 10.5.2 kalway with the killswitch and everything but i cant get it to work on 10.5.6 iPC. Is there a way i could copy the kext over? If so which should i copy over?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a D-Link GDA-1320 PCI 802.11g card. It uses the atheros AR5005g chipset. After installing iDeneb 1.4 with 10.5.6 and then vanilla kernel everything works more or less when I start the machine up. At some point between 5 minutes and as far otu as a couple hours my wireless loses connection and when I try to scan for my airport base station it doesn't return any results. If I reboot it works again for a bit, and then stops mysteriously.

I would appreciate any help that anyone could offer, I'm not even sure where to look to try and find the issue. I tried many google searches of insanelymac.com and didn't find anything where people were having the same or even a similar problem.

Thanks,