Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

Anyone got the battery meter working on an x61? I am using Kayway 10.5.2 and it will sleep, etc. But no battery meter.

Did you try what the first post in this thread says? It's working fine in my x61T

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, kids. I ended up selling off my X61 Tablet, but I will be updating this thread with any source code for the contributed kexts. I will likely be getting another ThinkPad soon, so some will still be relevant to this platform. Between the graphic driver problems and the non existent ethernet, OS X was just too trying for me, as much as I tried to make it easy. :)

I hope 10.5.3 fixes those graphics issues, though.

Hey, kids. I ended up selling off my X61 Tablet, but I will be updating this thread with any source code for the contributed kexts. I will likely be getting another ThinkPad soon, so some will still be relevant to this platform. Between the graphic driver problems and the non existent ethernet, OS X was just too trying for me, as much as I tried to make it easy. :)

I hope 10.5.3 fixes those graphics issues, though.

That's a pitty, I was putting all my money in you to fix the tablet in the multi-touch model :D

P.

That's a pitty, I was putting all my money in you to fix the tablet in the multi-touch model :D

I'm still just as useful in that regard -- I don't have a multitouch tablet to test against. :) If you're willing to put some time into running kexts and returning logs, I'd still be happy to do what I can. :)

I'm still just as useful in that regard -- I don't have a multitouch tablet to test against. :gun: If you're willing to put some time into running kexts and returning logs, I'd still be happy to do what I can. :D

Of course, I'd be eternally thankful for that. Just let me know what logs do you need. I still need to contact Scott to get a logging copy of TabletMagic though: as you pointed before, the port seems to be getting up right, so perhaps it's an issue at the driver level.

P.

I installed HD Audio patch a while ago and couldn't get the sound to work.

Today when I accidently playing music + unplugging the power adapter at the same time, the speaker works for a short burst. The speaker burst out when plugging / unplugging the power cord. Maybe it's a clue to get the soundcard to work?

OutZider: THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH :thumbsup_anim:

all the hard work you have put into this, I am the lucky X60 Hackintos Tablet owner,

everything is working except the sound and MSD port, I installed of the Leo4All 1.5.2 and

used your ACPI Kext and it found both the onboard wireless and wacom

You are THA' Man :afro:B):star_sunglasses:

Well, I finally managed to get everything with every update working.

P.

How did you get the Time Machine/Airport update fixed? I did the update and I no longer have WiFi ("No Airport Card Installed"). Thankfully, I have Bluetooth --> Blackberry EVDO as a backup, but I really need to get WiFi up and going again...

I'd be very thankful for a fix. If not, I'll probably attempt poaching a kext off of an unpatched install.

How did you get the Time Machine/Airport update fixed? I did the update and I no longer have WiFi ("No Airport Card Installed").

I recall just re-editing the Info.plist in the IO802.11Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirportAtheros whatever that's called/Contents to re-add the device ID.

Odd, I tried that and it didn't seem to do it for me. I'll go through it again more carefully.

Didn't work for me either until I installed 10.5.2 graphics update, the reason I guess was the cache cleaning done by installer script, just try to boot with "-f" option after you modify Info.plist value and it should work.

Lilke another poster here, I noticed that if you pull your power plug from the laptop while playing a sound file, it will momentarily play sound! It only lasts for about 1/2 second, but it does indeed show that sound is ALMOST working on the X61! Now if I could just understand what to do to make it work all the time!

just wanted to add my two cents Running Kalyway 10.5.2 w/ Power management Patch

I have an x61 tablet w/ sxga+ and the atheros card, after going through the forums i finally got the card to work and it turns out the device id is 168c,1014 but system profiler seems to think it is 168c,58a.

I got the tablet digitizer to work with tablet magic and the thinkpadtabletenabler, wasn't particularly impressed, so i have it to use as a mouse.

What's not working:

LAN

SD Card Slot (haven'tried)

PCMCIA Slot (haven't tried)

What is working:

Wifi

Bluetooth

Digitizer

Graphics

USB

Sound

Battery Meter

Parallels doesn't work for mounting Vista Partition, Vmware Fusions works fine, slow to boot, but once you're inside the OS it's fine.

Update: The Airport card works as it should when you add the vendor/device id to the AirPortAtheros.kext file found in the IO80211Family.kext.orig folder. Not the AirPortAtheros5425.kext that is in the IO80211Family.kext you see initially. I copied the folder to the desktop, edited the info.plist in the AirPortAtheros.kext file to include my vendor/device id & renamed it to IO80211Family.kext and then copied that kext back into the /System/Library/Extensions folder replacing the one that was there, repaired disk permissions, rebooted, and it is now working as it should smile.gif

What about for a Thinkpad X41 tablet, can any of this work on that particular system.

I just install the Jas amd-intel-sse2-sse3 with ppf1 & ppf2 and don't know how to get my hardware devices working.

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get the Lenovo X60 Tablet (NOT THE 61) working.

So far I've used Kalyways 10.5.2, and an audio kext for getting audio working

Wifi / Ethernet worked OOB

Screen dimming and volume controls work too

But NO Pen / Touch and also no MIDDLE mouse button from the Trackpoint.

Would ANYONE please, please help me get this Touch / Pen thing working - I can live without the on screen additional buttons and the Trackpoint...

I've tried (in previous build) the TabletMagic and the X61 Enabler kext, but either I missed something or didn't do it right, or they just didn't work on the X60 - either way, I've reinstalled and everything is 'pristine' as regards to fiddled kexts etc...

(apart from the now working sound)

If you want the sound fix - I've posted it in the Hardware and DRivers / Sound forum...

So, anyone... help?

Hi there, I was wandering two things

1) did anyone try 10.5.3 yet on a multi-touch, does it fix the tablet issue?

2) outZider, did you post the sources for your kexts somewhere? :wacko:

P.

Has anybody gotten any brightness control settings to work?

There was a thread that mentioned changing the brightness before OSX boots, and that OSX would not reset it with an old version of AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext.... has anybody had any luck with brightness on this laptop?

I'm on an R61 and it's 90% the same.

Hey, everyone. In the time since, I've bought an Acer TravelMate 6292, sold it, a Dell M1330, sold it, and back in ThinkPad territory with a T61. The system is very similar to the X61 -- same AD1984 that doesn't work, same Intel 82566 that doesn't work.

In my travels, though, I found an enabler for sleep-on-lid from Superhai and the Dell guys. This enables your system to go to sleep on lid close, so you don't have to hit Fn-F4 and then close the lid.

Just a minor convenience thing, should work on the X61t as well if your wireless switch is set to off and you're running Vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on kalyway 10.5.2 on X61 and bluetooth didn't detect at all for me. I have the wireless working. Also having the same multitouch problem as others, I got tabletmagic to see a tablet but no response with the pen at all. Figure I'd move on to the bluetooth since Ethernet and Sound are out for a bit.