Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

I'm on kalyway 10.5.2 on X61 and bluetooth didn't detect at all for me. I have the wireless working. Also having the same multitouch problem as others, I got tabletmagic to see a tablet but no response with the pen at all. Figure I'd move on to the bluetooth since Ethernet and Sound are out for a bit.

It had to have been turned on in windows before to get it detected, b/c the wireless switch alone doesn't turn it on, even in windows installing the bluetooth with a fresh install is problematic b/c it can't find it.

Any possibility for a similar fix to get the TabletMagic to work on X60t?

Please let me know!

No serial ports show up, and the enabler doesn't work? Provide a dmesg output from a linux boot, if you can, and a copy of "ioreg -l" from the terminal.

I'm happy to notify this:

Go to the thread above, and get the patch from Turbo. Sound works at last. Remove AppleHDA.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. You're gold.

Donate something to Turbo if you can. He works really hard on this project.

My middle button, works just fine in firefox & even in safari.

Would you mind posting your ApplePS2Controller.kext extension?

I've heard of people having success on Kaly with it but not iAtkos... not sure if there is a difference.

I've attached the ioreg -l output from the Terminal - please let me know what you think.

- Marc O.

Looks like your serial port is already enabled. Have you edited the Info.plist in Apple16X50ACPI.kext to replace the PNP line with WACF004?

Hi,

I got an X61 Tablet running kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.3 and now 10.5.4 ( kernel 9.4.0 )

everything working fine except the sleep ..

it will go in sleep but when it back from sleep everything seem to be locked I have to reboot switching off

another issue is the CPU temp that is constantly 70-75˚ C .

any suggestion ?

Thanks

Yeah I PM'd turbo too. I need to get his ethernet fix. I don't need the ethernet for connectivity but believe it is needed to get time machine working.

Any of you have time machine working where you DON'T have ethernet working? I bought an atheros wifi adapter (replace a 4965AGN) so I have connectivity but still can't get time machine to work. From what I read it looks for the en0 adapter to work.

This is like my millionth install trying to get everything working properly, but i realize that i can't get the digitizer to start w/ the pc, i have to manually go into tablet magic and double tap on enabled for it to pick up the digitizer.

I never had this problem previously, the only thing that's different, is that i chose the power management patch on installation, should this affect anything?

Wireless

Do you have the ThinkPad Wireless MiniPCIE card? If so -- you have Atheros, and you're ready for wireless! Have the Intel 3945 card? You're screwed!

What's ironic here is that those who want to run OSX on a lenovo are likely to buy a linux-based lenovo (T61) -- for a couple reasons: not having to pay for a windows license, and because the linux versions are likely to come with more mainstream components. Indeed, without doing in-depth research on every component, one would expect the intel wifi chips to have more widespread support than some in-house brand. The Thinkpad wifi nic is not even an option for those who customize a linux lappy. Perhaps rightly so, but it's a shame Lenovo does not supply non-OS configurations.

I should also add that if you buy a linux-based Thinkpad, the wired ethernet controller (intel 82566mm) also has no OSX driver.

Below are the details on the two broken* NICs:

(ethernet controller) intel 82566mm

vendor id: 8086h

device id: 1049h

(wifi controller) intel 3945

vendor id: 8086h

device id: 4227h

* Broken in terms of OSX.. They work fine in linux.

Looks like your serial port is already enabled. Have you edited the Info.plist in Apple16X50ACPI.kext to replace the PNP line with WACF004?

I have a X61t and have wireless and sound working. I am at a loss for how to get the Tablet Functions operational.

I have installed the Kext, changed the info.plist, reapaired permissions, ran enabler script (which I'm not sure if it accomplished anything), and rebooted etc...

I know I am missing something, but I cant seem to figure out what it is. I would appreciate any assistance. I'm not sure which serial port the tablet is using, that may be an issue.

When I run the tablet enabler script I see:

-bash:/ ThinkPadTabletEnabler: Malformed Mach-o file

Thanks in adavance!

Chris

TabletEnabler should be a kext installed in /System/Library/Extensions. Nothing needs to be run except for TabletMagic.

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Like I said I'm sure I am missing something....

I have the kext installed with kext helper. Changed the info.plist to yours, fixed permissions, rebooted, etc... On re-start there are no obvious probs on startup. Then pen doesnt work.

Should there be a pref pane or something somewhere?

The only other kext I have installed was for audio, and I just used kext helper, and it worked. I'm obviously new to this, but would love to be able to use my tablet. :unsure:

Thanks for your assistance.

Chris

Have you installed TabletMagic as well -- there should be a preference pane for that. If you have, and it's still not working, go to your terminal, type "ioreg -l > ioreg.txt", and attach ioreg.txt in your home folder to your reply.

:D Well I feel like an idiot. I really appreciate your help. Apparently jumping in late in the forums, I somehow missed that I had to install TabletMagic the program...

I did install it, and it says No Tablet Found. I have attached my ioreg.txt. I do appreciate your assistance and patience. Thanks.

------

Question 2.

Since, I have already demonstrated how little I know about this sort of thing... I currently am running 10.5.2 Kallyway Vanilla. If I wish to update, do I need to find and re-install a later version of Kallyway, or at some point can I use the system update feature? Or manually download updates from apple?

ioreg.txt

It looks like you've installed the tablet enabler, as the device is active, but it looks like you haven't patched the Info.plist in Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/Plugins/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents -- change PNPxxxx to WACF004 in there, and you're good to go.

As for the system update, there are a few good howtos in the updates forum. You'll be able to find the 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 updater, and 10.5.4 can be installed without any additional help. :spam:

:dev: Well I feel like an idiot. I really appreciate your help. Apparently jumping in late in the forums, I somehow missed that I had to install TabletMagic the program...

I did install it, and it says No Tablet Found. I have attached my ioreg.txt. I do appreciate your assistance and patience. Thanks.

------

Question 2.

Since, I have already demonstrated how little I know about this sort of thing... I currently am running 10.5.2 Kallyway Vanilla. If I wish to update, do I need to find and re-install a later version of Kallyway, or at some point can I use the system update feature? Or manually download updates from apple?