Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

I'm about to do fresh install on an X61 tablet... what release do you guys recommend?

I've used Leo4All v3 with good results.

BTW, Have any of you guys got the back/forward keys working? The ones on top of the arrow keys.

here's a thought on the multitouch multiview issue, could it have anything to do w/ the fact that in windows they function by toggling the touch screen & the pen, could that have anything to do w/ why pen input isn't being recognized.

(just here theorizing)

After updating to Kalyway 10.5.3 to apple 10.5.4

I lost my Atheros Wifi any idea what went wrong

I tried to reedit the Info.plist and add the string

but still no wifi

Thank you

EL

I was able to make it work

my guess is that had somethin todo with permission

I used Kext Help to install some other Kext and miraculously my wifi si up an running

iATKOS v4i (10.5.4) gives me the best result. Real driver for X3100 fixes mouse tearing on 1400x1050.

I have this bug on Kalyway 10.5.2, but after install kalyway 10.5.3 patch and official apple 10.5.4 update this bug is gone.

But sometimes after booting osx all desktop is filck, and while you don't boot Vista you can't normal boot your osx.

Somebody use Atheros AR5008 802.11n card? Is it in bios whitelist?

If your wifi device id is same as mine (1014) this kext should work for you also. otherwise edit inside Plugins/AirportAtheros.kext/Content/Info.plist and replace 1014 with your ID, clear cache and reboot

IO80211Family.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! This is my first post here :D

I'm one of the the MultiTouch peeps, and have the same problems...

I have managed to get the serial 0 to show, but no pen response..

I was under the impression that the touch panel and the pressure sensitive panel were separate, as I have read of some x61t owners removing the multitouch "touch" panel because of calibration issues under XP... they still have the pressure sensitive panel afterwords.

How do I get the system profiler to show the serial port items? What applications can I use to find out more info about the hardware?

thanks everybody, this is really awesome!

i have a small questions about the sound and power management instructions.

the instructions for the battery meter say to "chmod -R 755 it, and chown -R 0:0 it"

for sound, i found instructions that say to: "repair permissions with "sudo chown -r root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AzaliaTurboTP1984.kext" and "sudo chmod -r 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AzaliaTurboTP1984.kext"

i'm a newb to all of this, especially command-line.

can i run these commands inside OSX in terminal, or do i have to reboot with -s?

and, for the first ones, do i have to add sudo to the beginning of each of the two commands? can someone give me the full commands with correct syntax?

ALSO: huge thanks to OUTZIDER, and everyone else who contributed in this thread. i'm super-psyched to have this up and running. and also really psyched and surprised that the tablet pressure-sensitivity works.

may i recommend an app called PENCIL (http://www.les-stooges.org/pascal/pencil/index.php?id=Download) which is a free MSPAINT-type application with tons of features including pressure-sensitivity and gif animation :D

I'm trying to install on a X61 tablet with multi-touch but I can't seem to get past the first step... I keep getting write errors and seems like the HD is mounted as read only. BTW... I'm using a USB DVD drive since I don't have the ultrabase.

I'm trying to install on a X61 tablet with multi-touch but I can't seem to get past the first step... I keep getting write errors and seems like the HD is mounted as read only. BTW... I'm using a USB DVD drive since I don't have the ultrabase.

You might need to burn your disk again. Also what distro of osx86 are you using?

have you tried booting to the disk w/ "-x"

You might need to burn your disk again. Also what distro of osx86 are you using?

have you tried booting to the disk w/ "-x"

I've tried iAtkos and Kallyway but the same issue with both. You think the external drive is the issue?

Wireless

Do you have the ThinkPad Wireless MiniPCIE card? If so -- you have Atheros, and you're ready for wireless! Have the Intel 3945 card? You're screwed! Get on eBay and pick up the Atheros controller, you can search for Thinkpad wireless atheros, or by FRU, which could be 39t5578, 39t0499, or 40Y7026.

I have an X60s. I have installed iATKOS v4i and everything work fine except clearly for the wireless! (we know that intel 3945 doesn't work).

I wanted to get a pcmcia pc card to avoid to open the laptop. In case I cannot find one of those I have found on ebay this one (following your search suggestion "Thinkpad wireless atheros"):

http://cgi.ebay.it/IBM-ThinkPad-X60-X60S-A...id=p3286.c0.m14

Is this what you do mean? Can I get this working using your kext or just modifing the device id?

Do you have any suggestion for a pcmcia card?

Thanks

Anyone try this with the latest JaS 10.5.4? What (does not) work out the shot?

I'm a firm believe in 100% DIY vanilla from retail install disks, but it looks like this tablet needs so much work to make everything function, I might just go for a premade disk. I have:

1.6GHz Core 2 Duo

4GB of RAM

80GB HDD

SXGA+ screen

Lenovo Wireless Card

So... I emailed a guy at wacom who had helped me with some driver issues I had on my x61t a year ago... this is what he told me:

"As for your question about and OSX driver, we don’t have one. If someone else is working on one the main thing they would need to know is that the baud rate for WACF008 needs to be set to 38400 instead of 19200 with WACF004. Once set the pen should work the same."

anyone know how to change that setting in TabletMagic?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably retarded, but I can't see the part of the TabletMagic code that takes the configured baud rate in the plist and sends it to the daemon. I'm probably an idiot. Grab this zip file, and replace your /Library/PreferencePanes/TabletMagic.prefPane with this guy, change the baud rate to 38400, and check your Console to see if the rate is actually changed. If I have some more time later today, I'll take another look.

TabletMagic.prefPane.zip