Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

I'm sorry for the delay, I don't want to pollute this thread, but I don't want to be rude and not answer either. The thing is that you got me yesterday just while I was installing Vista (the 32bit version anyway) and it took over my partition table. Now when I try booting on osX (by declaring the osX partition as active, or with easybcd) I get the damn error "HFS+ partition error" so it'll take me a while before I can actually answer your question :D The pity is that I thought going GUID would make these things easier.

Thanks again.

I hope you mean what I can find here in netkas page I'll try that and let you know, the problem is that I guess i have to be able to boot from the Kalyway DVD and then run the bootloader installer from a flash drive... I'll let you know if it works.Thanks a lot for the dedication. P.

Edit: I don't know why both postings came together, but anyways:

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much, I'm now dual booting I guess (haven't tried vista this time). I'm attaching now the dump of ioreg, but there's no serial port in /dev/ Thanks again.Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're awesome.... now I'm writing from osX back. I'm attaching the dump from ioreg, though it's useless I guess cause there's no serial port in my /dev/ Thanks again.P.

ioregdump.txt

now I'm writing from osX back. I'm attaching the dump from ioreg, though it's useless I guess cause there's no serial port in my /dev/ Thanks again.P.

Aha, I forgot about that! You have the XGA MultiView/Multitouch display. In ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext/Contents/Info.plist, change WACF004 to WACF008, and do the same in Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist, and reboot. You should be okay at that point, but I haven't tested the enabler on the WACF008 device. If it doesn't work, send me another ioreg -l and your dmesg, if possible.

Thanks!

hmmm, I'm sorry I forgot to mention that, specially after I had read that you guys were testing it on the svga+. Anyhow, nothing new, still no ports in Tabletmagic and no serials in /dev/. I can't send you the ioreg right now cause I'm taking a plane and posting this from my phone, but as soon as I land I'll send you those... thanks a lot man, it's people like you that make the internet a great place.

P.

Alright, I've got now a decent internet connection, here's the complete dumps for ioreg -l and dmesg. I can't get any serial port recognized, even after I load the kexts without problems.

Thanks,

P.

Edit: I now also ran the "Enable Tablet PC Digitizer.command" from the Magic Tablet thread, to no avail.... I don't know if this screwed things worse, cause I didn't check which kexts this script changes

Edit2: Well, looking at that script I guess it didn't do anything, given that I had changed already the namematch.

dmesgdump.txt

ioregdump.txt

Huh. So the TabletEnabler loads and appears to work okay, but the serial driver doesn't attach. What happens when you do:

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext

?

I'm also having the similar problem with the XGA Multitouch, did change from WACF004 to WACF008 in both locations and .kext loaded successfully.

It recognized as Port: serial0 and Tablet: ISD V4.0 (TabletPC) but still unusable. Am I missing something?

AppleHDAController::start ERROR no layout-id found.

VID: family specific matching failsdisplay: family specific matching fails

IG: Invalid firmware max backlight setting

fRegisters at 0x65e6b000

VID: match category IOFramebuffer exists

TabletEnabler: _CRS status: 0x0 params-length: 13

TabletEnabler: _SRS status: 0, result: 0x6b233a0

TabletEnabler: Initial State: DeviceType 0, DeviceStatus 0xf

TabletEnabler: 0 memory indexes available

TabletEnabler: Manually allocating resources.

TabletEnabler: Interrupts: Constants.

TabletEnabler: Interrupts: Allocate Controller.

TabletEnabler: Interrupts: Set Controller.

TabletEnabler: Interrupts: Allocate Specifider.

TabletEnabler: Interrupts: Set Specifier.

TabletEnabler: Interrupts: DeviceTree Map provider.

TabletEnabler: Interrupts: resolve: 0

TabletEnabler: start

TabletEnabler: Initial State: DeviceType 0x0, DeviceStatus 0xf

TabletEnabler: free()

Apple16X50ACPI0: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=DTR

Apple16X50UARTSync0: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property.

AppleUSBEthernet: - Version number 1.0.4b3, Input buffers 8, Output buffers 24

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

dsmos: Starting..

ciphee: It may be out of my hands at this point. :unsure: I would recommend hopping over to the TabletMagic forum and asking Scott. It looks like the correct serial port is being detected, and the driver is attached -- so something may be up with the TabletMagic configuration. Report back and let us know what you find out. :wacko:

I think my problem is different cause I don't even get a serial port recognized. Here're some outputs:

Ginebra:~ heluani$ sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kextPassword:kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext appears to be loadablekextload: /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext loaded successfullyGinebra:~ heluani$

Ginebra:~ heluani$ sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kextkextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext appears to be loadablekextload: /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext loaded successfullyGinebra:~ heluani$

From what I read in this thread I have to assume that I did something way wrong cause I'm the only one who does't even see a port.P.wow!, I reinstalled the graphic kexts, reflushed the caches and rebooted, now I got a serial port and Tablet Magic recognizes a ISD v4.0 (Tablet PC)! that's something... I still can't use the Tablet, but I don't feel left out anymore :)R.Well, I reinstalled the graphic kext, flushed caches, and now I get at least a serial port!... my dmesg is the same as ciphee though.... Thanks outZider for your work!....ciphee: if you find out something in the TabletMagic thread, please let me know.Cheers,P.

Hi! I am having trouble even getting Kalyway 10.5.1 to install properly on my machine. So, I follow the steps and customize the install so that I install the Vanilla kernel and the fix right under it in the submenu. For the first few attempts I was going to try and get dual booting setup so I used the MBR loader in the customize menu instead of the GUID option. So, when it finishes installing I reboot the machine and boot into OSX with the -x option and when the machine gets to the grey screen with the apple logo the machine reboots. This happens if I use the -x command or the no -x.

I looked around this thread and saw that some people had it pausing on another grey screen but since this problem seems to be unique I thought that I would ask about it. Also, just now I reinstalled again but this time set up my whole harddrive as GUID with one partition to make sure that MBR wasnt ruining anything and the same thing happened. This is leading me to think that there is something in my BIOS that is stopping the machine from booting into OSX. Any help would be much appreciated! My machine is a X61 Tablet if that helps at all.

--Garrett

So, I follow the steps and customize the install so that I install the Vanilla kernel and the fix right under it in the submenu.

Try cpus=1

I'm never able to boot to Vanilla Kernel without using cpus=1 on my X61T. Tried every possible BIOS settings without luck, maybe someone else might be able to help.

I install Kalyway 10.5.1 WITHOUT Vanilla and AHCI fix, first reboot using cpus=1, install 10.5.2 Combo Update, reboot again with cpus=1, then install Kalyway 10.5.2 Kernels Patch by modbin. Reboot without switch and you should have both core function from there.

Weird, I've never had to do that. Also make sure that the remote management and AMT is shut off, and SMBIOS is turned on. I've noticed that screws with things.

Below is my BIOS Setting, just want to document it down to help the others who might be having the similar problem.

BIOS Version 1.10, 7764-CTO, Turbo Memory, 4GB RAM, XGA + Multitouch

WoL = Disabled

Flash Over LAN = Disabled

Ethernet LAN Option ROM = Disabled

HD DMA = Enabled

Wireless LAN Radio = On

Both Serial and Parallel Ports = Disabled

USB BIOS Support = Enabled

Always On USB = Disabled

Timer Wake with Battery Operation = Disabled

SpeedStep = Enabled

Mode for AC = Auto

Mode for Batter = Auto

ATM Scheme for AC = Balanced

ATM Scheme for Batter = Balanced

CDROM Speed = Normal

CPU Power Management = Auto

PCI ABus Power Management = Auto

SATA = ACHI

Core Multi-Processing = Enabled

Intel Virtualization Technology = Enabled

Intel AMT Control = Disabled

Security Chip = Active

Memory Protection

Execution Prevention = Disabled

Hi,

I'm on the verge of trying to turn my X61t into a Hackintosh and reading this thread leaves me with a couple of questions...

1) I have the XGA screen without multitouch (7767-01U model) so what would I put in the info.plist where you guys are using WACF004 etc.? Also will it being a Penabled tablet only affect the use of tablet functionality within Leopard?

2) What is the best way to approach the formatting and arrangement of partitions? Currently I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit on one partition (and the unmounted Lenovo stuff). Should I install OSX on the primary partition and Vista the secondary or doesn't it matter?

Thanks in advance

For the string, look in ioreg -l for WAC* and you'll find your string. As for the partitions, I was a little worried about loosing software originally, but I ended up installing GUID, and then every partition is primary.Please let me know if you get the XGA working, my tablet still doesn't work..

.Just to add a little bump, to ciphee as well, I just tried b12 for Tablet magic and I get some answer in the testing pane at least... perhaps going back could make it work....I couldn't find a copy of the old Khashoggi driver to try that one, if you guys have it I'd love to try it.Thanks, P.

I couldn't find a copy of the old Khashoggi driver to try that one, if you guys have it I'd love to try it.Thanks, P.

Potuz: Not sure if this is what you looking for. Khashoggi_Tablet_Daemon <-- Post #34

outZider: Big thanks to you! Enabled the Execution Prevention and reinstalled my X61 with Vanilla Kernel, the sleep finally work like way it should be. :)

Install apparently succeeded but booting from the HDD just leaves me with a black screen and the flashing underscore in the top left, it doesn't even give me the option press a key so I can enter "-x" on the command line ;) No HDD activity at all.

EDIT - Booya! I'm in. I ended up restoring my original Vista install then using this guide... http://dailyapps.net/2008/03/hack-attack-d...-windows-vista/ ...with an iATKOS disk I had from previous attempts to get my desktop working!