Install Guide For Dell Latitude D630 and D830

roneil4

957 posts in this topic

Ive almost install perfectly the Iatkos 5i 10.5.5 on dell latitude d630 but I have 2 problems left to install it perfectly.

1. I don't know if I installed the sleep_fix properly because when I'm booting my system it will sleep on the first boot then I will just hold the power button to wake it up. How can I make it not to sleep on the first boot

2. Installing the 10.5.7 update. I downloaded the 10.5.7 update but when Apply the first instruction the pre patch pkg my system is downgraded from 10.5.5 to 10.5.1. The second instructions is to apply the combo update or delta update but I dont find it on the folder. What combo update will I download the 10.5.5 or the 10.5.7 and after that I read the update to install the post update the 10.5.7 which I see in the folder but I cant run it. I know that I will install first the combo update but i'm confused where to download and what to download the 10.5.5 combo update or the 10.5.7 before applying the 10.5.7 post update and the kernel and all the driver update?

• 2 weeks later...
hey this didn't work on my D630 with OS X 10.5.7, I put it in the PS2 kext plugins folder... rebooted... kept getting an error about unable to use... finally I just put it in System>library>extensions loose. Fixed permissions, etc. and I get scrolling now!! It shows all the options in trackpad preference now!

one problem is that is scrolls SO FAST and that is with scrolling speed all the way down (which doesn't seem to do anything anyway)

Any idea to turn the scrolling speed down?

I believe the 9.zip is the source files, you don't need those... just do what you explained and see if that works?

Hmm, I'm having some trouble with this, I can't seem to install it properly, I've put in the plugins folder and just loose in extensions. When I do a clean boot though, it tells me that it can't use the kext because it's been installed improperly. Any ideas?

Hmm, I'm having some trouble with this, I can't seem to install it properly, I've put in the plugins folder and just loose in extensions. When I do a clean boot though, it tells me that it can't use the kext because it's been installed improperly. Any ideas?

smack it into kext helper b7 and it should work. although, it does scroll way too fast to be usable, but it's still cool in concept.

Can someone with a D830 and NVIDIA quadro nvs 135m (or whatever it is) post a screenshot of their desktop?

I don't think this is really what you want, but here's my desktop on my 22" LCD monitor. I pretty much just use my laptop docked. I'm guessing you really want to see the 15.4" screen shot but if not, here you go. This is with a 10.5.5 install from over a year ago. I don't even remember which disk I started from, Kalaway 10.5.0 I believe.

post-252690-1248483963_thumb.png

I don't think this is really what you want, but here's my desktop on my 22" LCD monitor. I pretty much just use my laptop docked. I'm guessing you really want to see the 15.4" screen shot but if not, here you go. This is with a 10.5.5 install from over a year ago. I don't even remember which disk I started from, Kalaway 10.5.0 I believe.

no that's really nice! I wanted to see how good the resolution can get, and if it gets that nice with a 22 incher, it'll be good enough on 15.4. are you using the nvkush kext? i was just wondering if my friend's true macbook pro looked nicer cuz the screen was bigger than mine, or because his graphics card was better.

no that's really nice! I wanted to see how good the resolution can get, and if it gets that nice with a 22 incher, it'll be good enough on 15.4. are you using the nvkush kext?

Yes NVKush, you can find a posting of mine listing the magic NVCAP string that enables the dock to have VGA output somewhere way back in this thread (about a year ago). I've never found one that got the DVI out to work, I'm sure that would make the screen look even better.

I haven't tried the suggestions at the top of the current page here (the ones to remove a set of trailing zeros), they might get DVI working, I'm just not sure I want to deal with all the restarts and single user mode when it doesn't work :D

Yes NVKush, you can find a posting of mine listing the magic NVCAP string that enables the dock to have VGA output somewhere way back in this thread (about a year ago). I've never found one that got the DVI out to work, I'm sure that would make the screen look even better.

I haven't tried the suggestions at the top of the current page here (the ones to remove a set of trailing zeros), they might get DVI working, I'm just not sure I want to deal with all the restarts and single user mode when it doesn't work :star_smile:

yeah i need to find a nice wide monitor to test my output on. i'm not too worried about dvi though considering i never use external monitors in school anyway. the only thing left i want in this hackbook is more cpu/ram, considering i bought this d630 for 1500, and new macbooks that are 1500 are like 2.5 ghz with 4 gb of ram. insanity.

Hi all need your help.

Boot process stops / hangs with IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

my spec:

D830

Bios A17

Intel 965 Express

iDeneb 10.5.7

cpus=2 -> Kernel panic

cpus=1 -> stops / hangs

-x and(or) DVD eject no chance.

Someone an idea?

Thanks for each assistance

parcival

almost perfect!

My spec

D830

BIOS A13

VIDEO NVIDIA 140M

WIRELESS INTEL 4965N

INSTALL iATKOS V7

CUSTOM INSTALL

DRIVER

PS2 APPLE PS2

LAPTOP BATTERY

NTFS-3G

AFTER INSTALL, USE KEXT HELPER INSTALLED AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

ONLY TOW THING DOESN'T WORK, SLEEP/SHUT DOWN AND INTEL WIRELESS, EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS FINE, EVEN THE MUTE BUTTON AND VOLUME BUTTON AND AUTO DIM

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

Hm mad713dog, very strangely.

However are there different D830.

How is your boot parameter?

parcival

Sorry I did have problem with boot, here is how i got to work

boot with cpus=1

hangs then force reboot, boot with -v

I install 3 times, each time it took me a few tries to boot.

Sorry I did have problem with boot, here is how i got to work

boot with cpus=1

hangs then force reboot, boot with -v

I install 3 times, each time it took me a few tries to boot.

no chance. :(

This I already tested everything.

cpus=2 -> Kernel panic

cpus=1 -> stops / hangs

-x and(or) DVD eject no chance

Are there certain parameters in the Bios those is important on / off?

no chance. :(

This I already tested everything.

cpus=2 -> Kernel panic

cpus=1 -> stops / hangs

-x and(or) DVD eject no chance

Are there certain parameters in the Bios those is important on / off?

I dont really know which one is important, he is my setting in bios

NIC enabled

modem enabled

external usb enabled

parallel port off

serial port com1

pc card 1394 enabled

sata AHCI

Module bay enabled

flash cache off

asf mode enabled

mic enabled

primary video onboard video

on my last try, change made in bios did allow me me to boot, but i dont know it was coz of that, just keep trying,

Some update, BElkin wireless G PCMCIA card work as airport, no driver needed, part #F5D7011, it didn't work for me on 10.5.2 to 10.5.6

For those who want use usb wireless, the one I used works, asus wl-167g

Now the only thing not working is sleep/shutdown/restart, I think is video card driver related, hope some can make it work soon

im lucky, i had had success with iaktosv7.

But it gives still a few problems.

My D830 have a VideoCard Intel GMA965.

Unfortunately the driver GMAX3100 does not work (i used by this Thread),

i gets here a black display after login.

From where do i get the correct driver for GMA965?

Display sleep.

My display sleep, the mouse is no longer visible.

Click short on the start button been sufficient, so that the Mause works again.

Which kext is missing here?

parcival

Hey guys, i'm looking for the ethernet fix for my D820. Seems as if everyone has theirs working here. I'm pretty well versed on these machines so i can also answer any questions you may have as far as getting it up and running. I'm currently running a full retail installation with a few modded kexts here and there. Just no ethernet. The 5751 kext posted above still didnt work for me, installed with osx86 tools to extensions folder, and tried adding it to the plugins portion of the ionetworkingfamily.kext

I can't even seem to get the CD to boot.

I have AHCI enabled and I've tried disabling multi CPU support as well as speed step. All giving me kernel panics.

I had OSX installed on my last D630 using iPC 10.5.6 but I had my D630 replaced with a similar model only bigger hard drive and faster processor. Mine has the Quatro 135.

I posted more information here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1209933

but no one seems to know anything about that.

I've tried:

iATKOS v7

iPC 10.5.6

iDeneb 1.5

I can't even seem to get the CD to boot.

I have AHCI enabled and I've tried disabling multi CPU support as well as speed step. All giving me kernel panics.

I had OSX installed on my last D630 using iPC 10.5.6 but I had my D630 replaced with a similar model only bigger hard drive and faster processor. Mine has the Quatro 135.

I posted more information here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1209933

but no one seems to know anything about that.

I've tried:

iATKOS v7

iPC 10.5.6

iDeneb 1.5

Use iATKOS v5i

Hi all need your help.

Boot process stops / hangs with IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

my spec:

D830

Bios A17

Intel 965 Express

iDeneb 10.5.7

cpus=2 -> Kernel panic

cpus=1 -> stops / hangs

-x and(or) DVD eject no chance.

Someone an idea?

parcival

I got the same problem with iDeneb 1.3/1.4/1.5.1 and iPC 10.5.6 (bios A15)

It seems to works with IAtkos v7 but I stuck with keyboard and Gigabit Ethernet

I'm going to try the iATKOS v5i.

Is there anything special I should try with it?

-v -x -f cpus=2 ?

How is it possible that iPC 10.5.6 worked one day and then the next day when I tried to reinstall on the same system with the same disk and settings I get a kernel panic.

post-463142-1249255831_thumb.jpg

I tried using iATKOS 5i and it wouldn't boot with only -v so I tried -f -v and it booted. I realized when I got to the disk utilities that I had not partitioned the drive as I wanted it so I booted back into windows and fixed that.

Now I can't get the disc to boot again. I always get a kernel panic. I've been trying a bunch of different bootflags with no luck.

Any suggestions?

I had an error that said:

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort.

So I disabled AHCI in my bios and everything booted fine. I got my sound to work with the sound drivers from the original post but I still don't have wireless and I can't put the machine to sleep.

Does anyone know how I can install: IntelSATA and IntelAHCISATA without having to reinstall the whole system again?

Does anyone know what I need to install to get my computer to sleep as well? Do I just install the sleep kext's? (AppleACPIPlateform.kext and AppleSMBIOS.kext)?

What wireless drivers are you using? I have an intel card in my machine.

Has anyone seen this kernel panic? I get this when I use the -x boot flag on iATKOS

I got these error with iDeneb 1.4/1.5 and iPC 10.5.6 but not with iAtkos v7.

You should try it

After updating my BIOS to A16, I couldn't boot the iATKOS v7 disk anymore, still the error in ACPI level detection in kernel.

More on this issue.

I succeed to boot using : -v platform=X86PC (disabling ACPI detection at boot time), it may help you