Install Guide For Dell Latitude D630 and D830

roneil4

957 posts in this topic

Guys, if here is anyone that can help me install Latest IAtkos V7 on my D830 I would be willing to pay via paypal. I am trying to boot from the cd but everytime I boot it just get's stuck and nothing happens. I tried almost everything possible to my knowledge. Please help

Mandy

Hi Bryce,

After I click the Enter Button after it says 'Hit F8 for boot options or enter to boot from the cd" it shows me just the white apple background with spinning circle but it spinns forever and nothing happens. I know it is 100% related to my Nvidia Quatro NVS 135M cause I had the same D830 with the intel graphics and it worked just fine. Any help guys? Please

Mandy,

at what point does the installer get stuck? does it just sit and hang on the gray screen before the installer menu? or during post-op?

Hi Bryce,

After I click the Enter Button after it says 'Hit F8 for boot options or enter to boot from the cd" it shows me just the white apple background with spinning circle but it spinns forever and nothing happens. I know it is 100% related to my Nvidia Quatro NVS 135M cause I had the same D830 with the intel graphics and it worked just fine. Any help guys? Please

have you tried booting with -x to boot into safe mode?

I dont have that card, so not really sure what others have done to get around it.

Yes I tried with -x and -s and -f etc no luck. Anyone here that can help?

After I boot from cd with -v -f -x I get a black screen with this: buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers IOAPIC: version 0x20 Vectors 0:23"

the screen just stays on this and nothing happens. I am really willing to pay anyone to help me with this. Please guys..I am sick of using windows and LOVE OSX but can't afford to buy a real mac.

Mandy, try using iPC 10.5.6 instead. iAtkos 5 I know for sure has a really low boot-from-dvd success rate, so I wouldn't be surprised if 7 were like that too. iPC fails sometimes too, but from what I've tried it works like 40% of the time if you boot with -v, which is pretty good. Also it's easy to go from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 with iPC. If you don't mind having the latest leopard though, iAtkos 4 ALWAYS boots from dvd successfully for me, but is like impossible to upgrade (at least I haven't been able to do it).

Also you might want to try the cpus=1 flag, and switch random BIOS settings, saving them, resetting them back to normal again, and then saving. For some reason that works, there's a post a few pages back from a guy who had a specific change routine that helped. Good luck with your stuff!

Thanks but I tried xxx 8x86 release and I don't think IPC86 will work. Thanks. I guess I will give up;(

Mandy, try using iPC 10.5.6 instead. iAtkos 5 I know for sure has a really low boot-from-dvd success rate, so I wouldn't be surprised if 7 were like that too. iPC fails sometimes too, but from what I've tried it works like 40% of the time if you boot with -v, which is pretty good. Also it's easy to go from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 with iPC. If you don't mind having the latest leopard though, iAtkos 4 ALWAYS boots from dvd successfully for me, but is like impossible to upgrade (at least I haven't been able to do it).

Also you might want to try the cpus=1 flag, and switch random BIOS settings, saving them, resetting them back to normal again, and then saving. For some reason that works, there's a post a few pages back from a guy who had a specific change routine that helped. Good luck with your stuff!

oK, i DOWNLOADED THE ipc86 PPFF 6 final and still the same. Guys please there need to be someone here to know the solution

Please

Mandy

so what happens with the iPC, it just doesn't load the CD? make sure you ALWAYS use the -v flag, if your computer stops churning and the text stops pretty early, turn it off and try again; your cpu should always be thinking and showing progress. at some points, it'll take longer than others, but your cpu light should always be flickering, even if slowly. if you get too frustrated with iPC, try dLing iatkos 4. i dunno about other people but it's a diehard winner on my machine, which should be the exact same as yours and everyone else's on this thread.

what mode are you using? AHCI? IDE?

I had several distros give me the IO error. Burned iATKOS 5i at a very low speed using imgburn, changed BIOS to AHCI, then went from there.

First post on the boards, just want to say that I've harvested a tremendous amount of knowledge and have successfully installed OS X on both a Lenovo T60 (ATI x1300, minor mouse tearing) and a Dell Latitude D830 (so far so good with everything I've tried thanks to this guide). Both installs were done with iPC OSx86 PPF5.

Primarily I want to confirm that I was able to boot into the installer from my D830 after usually 4-10 reboots, only using the -v switch to monitor the crashes. I made no changes to the BIOS settings at all. Just keep trying and it will eventually take. I may have just gotten lucky but I did try Kalyway 10.5.2 and it didn't seem to have as much success but from all of the posts this issue seems very random and you just end up getting lucky.

Peace

I rebooted with -v for 46 times over 4 hours. And still no luck.

I am getting a postscreen saying this:

MAC OS version: Not Yet Set

Kernel version Version 9.5.0 blabla.... IST 2008 Voodo Release 1.0 xnu-1228.7.58/Build/obj/Release_I386

and after this comes up on the lcd nothing is happening.

:thumbsdown_anim: Any help?

Sorry to hear that :D I'm honestly not sure what could be keeping it from coming up. I know many have suggested booting with Multi Core, SpeedStep and Dynamic Power (can't recall exact term) turned OFF in BIOS. Perhaps continuous reboots with those turned off? I seem to remember one time that it didn't take very long for me to boot from the DVD I had gotten frustrated and went into the BIOS and disabled almost everything that I could without messing it up and I think it only took a few reboots. At this point it seems like a {censored} shoot. If you have the spare time I would disable all of the settings under Wireless and disable the three I mentioned above in Performance. I can only wish you luck ;)

Also a quick note on sound; after updating from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 my audio died. After retrying the trick here in the guide several times it still wouldn't come up. The fix that I found from another topic on these boards is to delete (I always rename, never delete system files) ALCinject.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext as they interrupt the HDAEnabler from running. The moment I renamed the ALCinject.kext file I heard a system prompt noise, went into System Settings | Sound and voila, fully functional. If this has already been covered then I apologize, but I've not yet made it through all 800+ posts for this topic :P

EDIT: Disregard that fix, after another shutdown/restart the sound has died again. Trying a few things, any one else have any ideas?

Ok, after another few reboots it finally works. Graphics ethernet and WIFI works fine. But NO sound, any idea how to get my sound to work? It is Latitude D830 laptop with Sigmatel sound. Please guys

I got my Quadro NVS 135M on Latitude D630 by installing NVkush and editing its Info.plist with plisteditpro and change the NVCAP string to: 04000000 00000500 02000000 00000007 00000000

Now I have full resolution and QE/CI

Hope this help.

Now I have to find a solution to activate the built-in Wireless.

VIP855: I also ran into sound problems and I think it may be because of my internal sound (I also have a D830). I don't think it is Sigmatel but an 82801H Intel HD Audio [8086:284b] as per LSPCI in the OSx86 tools utility and I'm still trying to get it working. If you are sure it is Sigmatel then the instructions in the original post for this topic should work just fine. If I find anything I'll post it up.

EDIT: I finally got my stuff together and checked the driver for my D830 on Dell's site and it is indeed a Sigmatel STAC 92XX C-Major HD for the driver, so if the install guide for audio on the main guide is not working check out http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/ for a bunch of codec dumps for use with the AppleHDAPatcher, here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32859 I am trying it with one particular dump file and will post my results when I am done.

Quoc Huy: What distro are you using? Wifi should work out-of-the-box depending on which distro you use and what model of Wifi card you have.

I would like to say that the search function should be utilized more often. If you have the make/model of whatever component you are looking for, go to the top of the page and search for it. Also on the main page of the forum there is a subheading for drivers, The X Labs. Check it out. And if you can't find it here jump over to Google.

Below is a link to a file that has everything that allowed me to get my D630 to work 100%.

Contents:

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Kext

Dell 1395 WLAN MiniCard Script

Sound Files from the 1st post (mute doesnt work all the way. I tried the VooDoo kext's but the sound didnt get very loud; though mute worked.)

PCMCIA kext from the 1st post

Sleep Fix from the 1st post

Sigmatel 9205 drivers

Chameleon 2.0 Boot Loader

Kext Helper

Patches to be able to upgrade to 10.5.7. I wasnt able to get apple update to work (well...didnt try....so I found Mystique's Update Guide, and it worked.)

http://www.filedropper.com/osxfiles_1

Hope this helps

Just a quick update, I finally got my sound and power manager working fully after using the Apple update to 10.5.7. I had been solely relying on the OSx86 Tools and KextHelper to run my installations instead of manually going to Terminal and performing the obligatory steps:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Doing that after installing the AppleHDA.kext for sound it worked perfectly. For the battery meter I just did a quick search on here for the PowerManagement bundle, download, install, and all is well again. If I happen across anything else I'll post up.

PharCry, for audio do you have volume level controls for your input in system preferences? It's the one thing I'm missing that'll basically make my d630 a perfect hackbook.

I got my Quadro NVS 135M on Latitude D630 by installing NVkush and editing its Info.plist with plisteditpro and change the NVCAP string to: 04000000 00000500 02000000 00000007 00000000

Now I have full resolution and QE/CI

Hope this help.

Now I have to find a solution to activate the built-in Wireless.

You running 10.5.7? What extensions do you have loaded? I can't seem to get QE to work on my D630 :)

Kalyway:

When I type "vanilla" I get back to the prompt. And if I press enter button I get kernel panic.

iATKOS:

with dual core I get error with ACIP (don't remember exactly the name).

with single core I see an apple and a indicator that something is running but nothing changed after 15 minutes.

What is wrong?

Trying to get iATKOS working on a D820. I've searched the forums, but posts are from about 6month to a year ago. Basically looking to do a clean install, no duel boot, able to run mac updates, and have bluetooth, sound, NIC, and wireless working. Any tips, suggestions, guides, would be helpful.

Can someone with a D830 and NVIDIA quadro nvs 135m (or whatever it is) post a screenshot of their desktop? and if you can fit the display properties under system preferences that would be cool too. I just want to see how big the windows/things are with the 830 as opposed to the 630. also this would be a good opportunity to show off your desktop :rolleyes:.

Hi,

I got a Working Vanilla Install(with 132Boot CD Not only Vanilla Kernel) on my D830 everything is working fine but the Graphics when i´m installing NVInject it gets Kernel Panic same with NVKush and NVInstaller! Anyone know what i could do???

Thx (I´m haveing the Quadro NVS 135M)