Retail DVD Guide, 10.5.8, PC-EFIv9 installer, EFI studio, Vanilla or Voodoo, GA-P35-DS3P (L,R), DS4, or OS X Compatible board

LTL

909 posts in this topic

I am working on a DSDT and SL solution based on a boot stick with minimal kexts. httpblackosx has really picked up the torch and is doing a fantastic job.

In the meanwhile, check out Lifehacker's Guide with help from Onetrack if you want to start moving to SL

I can vouch for the LifeHacker method after experimenting with a couple of other approaches. I found it to be the simplest and most direct..but I also have to offer kudos to BlackOSX for his support and thorough, beautifully organized guide.

I can vouch for the LifeHacker method after experimenting with a couple of other approaches. I found it to be the simplest and most direct..but I also have to offer kudos to BlackOSX for his support and thorough, beautifully organized guide.

I agree... the lifehacker guide worked pretty easily, and blackosx is working relaly hard right now to shed some light. For me tho... i have come to find 10.6 unreliable and not ready for prime time. I am going to keep playing with it but won't deploy in a working environment till 10.6.3 or 4 ... its not like its a life changer and 64BIT won't go live until .5 from what I have read.

• 3 weeks later...

SL works good enough ok and there is an easy way to get it up running too, at least with the GA EP45-DS3 mobos and probably a whole lot more of them. You just pretty much use the how to do it (without the scripts) from this thread.

Download these kexts for SL: IOAHCIBlockstorageInjector.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, fakesmc.kext, + any extra kext you might need for your ps2 mouse and keyboard + soundcard + videocard, the fasl dsdt patcher, a com.apple.boot.plist and the installer package from drhurt with the new chameleon inside.

Restore your copy of SL to your Leo desktop, mount it and begin your installation be sure to choose the right harddrive you wanna install it to.

When it´s done before reboot edit/put your harddrive UUID in the com.apple.boot.plist ( with texteditor) and the PlatformUUID.kext (rightklick show package content then use texteditor, if you don´t know where to put it search the forum).

Klicking the dsdt pather generates an automated DSDT.aml for your gear and it ends up in that same folder.

Put your kexts + com.apple.boot.plist + your kexts and your DSDT.aml inside the extra folder in drhurts package (ritghtklick show package contents to open it) when you´re done save it and klick the chameleon ikon specify the harddrive you wanna install it to, reboot (choose your SL harddrive) when it´s up running repair permissions and your on your on your way.

• 5 weeks later...

I have SL up and running. Using just 3 kext files, USB boot stick, Cham3, EFI 10.5, I'm 100% .. I will try to put a guide together based on my experiences in the next few weeks if I can find the time.. the guide will be on the OSx86 10.6 section. I'm using a EP45-DS3R v.1 F10 right now.

I am not going to write a guide on making a DSDT, so I suggest you go do your homework. Making your DSDT and modding it is NOT difficult if you put the time into it. I will however show you the resources I used and give credit to those who are putting the time into sharing their DSDT knowledge.

For those of you who can't wait... here is my extra folder for your thumbdrive. If you are using a EP45-DS3R v.1 F10, this will get you working on SL immediately. Extra.zip

At this point, I am only getting one cosmetic error during boot (PCI root UID not found). I have not had the time to investigate.

Just updated to 10.6.2 thru software update, no problems at all.

Hi LTL,

I tried to reach you through PM but got error messages:

I accidentally messed up my formerly rock-solid 10.5.8 production installation I'd created using your method.

I was in 10.5.8 trying to understand how to use the mKext utility so I could add some kexts to my mKext for 10.6.1 which is on a different HDD.

In so doing I unintentionally added two kexts to my 10.5.8 Extensions folder under System. The mKext utility made a backup which I reinstalled over the new kext, but I'm still getting KPs.

What's the best way to restore my system? Reapply your 4.4 package? I can work from 10.6.1 to do that if necessary. I don't have a Time Machine backup because my power supply is maxed out (That's a separate issue that I have the equipment to address but haven't installed yet.)

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

I accidentally messed up my formerly rock-solid 10.5.8 production installation I'd created using your method.

I was in 10.5.8 trying to understand how to use the mKext utility to add kexts to 10.6.1. I unintentionally modified my 10.5.8 mKext.Extension, resulting in KPs.

What's the best way to restore my system? Reapply your 4.4 package? I can work from 10.6.1 to do that if necessary.

I ran post-patch.sh from 10.6.1 which enabled 10.5.8 to boot. Then I used EFI Studio to apply graphics strings. Back and better than ever! :)

• 1 month later...

I am trying to install v.10.5.8 and i am fine until i get the part where im trying to see HD

Install does not see my internal HD but it will see external 500GB drive just fine.

I went to disk utilities and no luck. How do configure my HD to be reconized?

Dell 1521 laptop

AMD AthlonX2

thx

Hi LTL, did you already installed SLeo with a bootable RAID set? I was wondering...

Nope, I have it running on a single velociraptor as per my signature. It's been running great....

• 1 month later...

hello, i am very sorry for the ultra noobish question but there are just so many guides on the site. i wanted to knwo if someone could direct me to exactly which one i need. here is my setup-

gigabyte GA-EP35 DS3L

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz

now as for my video card i would like to use my radeon sapphire hd3870 512mb gddr4, however the fan sometimes starts to make a lot of noise so i swap in a GeForce 7200 GS 256MB DDR2

i also need to be able to dual boot into windows 7. so if someone could just please not flame me and tell me which tutorial(s) i need to be using.

hello, i am very sorry for the ultra noobish question but there are just so many guides on the site. i wanted to knwo if someone could direct me to exactly which one i need. here is my setup-

gigabyte GA-EP35 DS3L

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz

now as for my video card i would like to use my radeon sapphire hd3870 512mb gddr4, however the fan sometimes starts to make a lot of noise so i swap in a GeForce 7200 GS 256MB DDR2

i also need to be able to dual boot into windows 7. so if someone could just please not flame me and tell me which tutorial(s) i need to be using.

Read mine from start to finish and try try try before you ask

Read mine from start to finish and try try try before you ask

thanks, i just wanted to make sure this was the right tutorial for me. i was able to run the installation, but disk utility could not recognize any of my sata drives. i was able to install to an external drive in a case, i tried taking hd out of case and into sata after it was installed and it wouldn't find anything to boot. so i'm a little stuck now and looking for some help.

UPDATE: i got my drives recognized by disk utility and i was able to install to partition but when i boot the mac partition i get the mutli language mac error that says hold down power button to reboot. i'm assuming this is some kind of hardware error, but i'm just not sure which.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads

CPU PSN : Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1), EM64T, VT-x

CPUID : 6.7.6 / Extended : 6.17

CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 6144 KB

Core : Wolfdale (45 nm) / Stepping : C0

Freq : 1999.89 MHz (333.31 * 6)

MB Brand : Gigabyte

MB Model : EP35-DS3L

NB : Intel P35/G33/G31 rev A2

SB : Intel 82801IB (ICH9) rev 02

GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

DirectX Version : 11.0

RAM : 4096 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

RAM Speed : 400 MHz (5:6) @ 6-6-6-18

Slot 1 : 2048MB (6400)

Slot 1 Manufacturer : OCZ

Slot 2 : 2048MB (6400)

Slot 2 Manufacturer : OCZ

982635.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys im new here and i really want to have mac os x on hp pavilion dv6-1323tx.. plzz help me i got the retail snow leopard got it for $30.. i can’t intall it so i need your help guys..

Heres my specs for my laptop:

Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600* (2.1GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP Brightview Infinity Display (1366x768)

Memory: 4096MB DDR2 (2 Dimms)

Hard Drive: 500GB 5400RPM SATA

LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±RW with Double Layer Support

Intel® WiFi Link 5100 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4530 with 512MB graphics

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Premium

Email me here r0mm3l1329@live.com

For full drivers and guides step by steps will be the best. Thanks i hope u can help me..

Hello guys ,, I asked everybody in this forum and there is no answer

I have GA-EX58-EXTREME

i7 Processor

4890 ATI

WD1TB SATA

I`ve tried to install it from DVD but the problem is : the computer keep restarting before the big apple screen appear (before booting) ,, I`m working now on Windows 7 ,, I`f you can tell me how to boot from USB

to try it instead of DVD ,, Or any other solution ,,

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed everything successfully using "10.5.x GUIDE v4.4 FOR THE ADVANCED USER:" this guide, from IATKOS

But when i Restart the computer i get the message which is in the picture below.

post-248302-1269074877_thumb.jpg

My mobo is ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS

Nvidia 9400Gt 512MB

Intel Dual Core E5200 Processor 2.6ghz

Please Help me.................!

Thanks..!

Dear sirs,

After viewing almost every guide, i tried yours and it almost got me somewhere, i have P35 with core 2duo E8400 and ati 4850, i have downlaoded the boot kext file for my board found on ur website, booted and replaced to a copy of leopard 10.5.6, it loads everything until it reaches the universe screen, the wheel keeps spinning but nothing goes on ... tried VMWARE same thing, when using verbose mode i get a yellow error "failed to load extension org.netkas.fakesmc" but it continues to that screen where it stops, no activity after that ... i have tried also with vmware using darwin iso image still no luck, i know there is something missing but of course i will never know, ur the experts ... so plz help

regards

Hi,

I tried to install OSX86 on my HP laptop, I'd previously installed iAtkos 7 on my desktop easily but the thing is I can't install none of the distros on my laptop !!

I tried iAtkos 7i & 5i & Snow Leopard but none of them worked !

the thing is I can get the installation done with options like cpus=1 and busratio=10.5 or 20 but I can't boot up the OS in anyway with any flags !!

and I'm pretty sure that the problem is with my mobo or cpu (mostly cpu) .

my laptop spec. are as below :

============================================

HP Pavilion DV6t-2000 series

Mobo : Intel (I'm guessing ... :confused: )

CPU : Intel Core i7 Q720 1.6 GHz 4 cores, 8 logical cores

RAM : 4 GB DDR3 (1333 hz bus)

Bios : Insyde F.13

H.D.D 500 GB SATA with Intel 5 series/3400 series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller

Audio : IDT HD Audio controller

VGA : Geforce GT 230 M (1 GB dedicated memory)

Network Card : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D

Wifi : Broadcom 802.11g

============================================

I tried different distros and they been installed successfully but none of them would boot even with many different setup combinations !

If you could help or point me in the right direction It'd be really really kind of you ! :(

Any help or info is greatly appreciated !

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Ok, I seriously need help.

I need to convert an existing partition from FAT32 to Mac OS X Extended, but everytime I try this with Disk Utility it seems to stay FAT32 and becomes greyed out and unmountable. Does anyone know how to fix this?