Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you a functioning ALC262 driver

bronxboyXXX

232 posts in this topic

its the pins to your internal speakers.its like this. all the realtek drivers use different pins your driver however could be a new reversion of the ALA262.or just configured weird by your laptop manufacture. you just need to try every single realtek dump you can get your hands on.I'm really going to look around for it because I think the fix has probably already surfaced. too many are complaining about this.also i could have screwed up on the 2.0 beta driver. So it still could also just be that the headphones and internal speakers are swapped. ill play with it some-more
got to run now but ill get back at

yeah its weird it should work.. Im still struggling with it myself buti know Ill figure it all out. i really think its the patcher thats is screwed. but its all we got to work with.

got to run now but ill get back at

yeah its weird it should work.. Im still struggling with it myself buti know Ill figure it all out. i really think its the patcher thats is screwed. but its all we got to work with.

thx again

could you please update first page with explanation, how to extract SubVendorID from this (output of ioreg):

| | +-o AZLA@14,2 <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 9>

| | | | {

| | | | "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=0xffffffffc0000000,"length"=0x4000}))

| | | | "device-id" = <83430000>

| | | | "name" = "pci1002,4383"

| | | | "acpi-path" = "IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/AZLA@140002"

| | | | "acpi-device" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable"

| | | | "vendor-id" = <02100000>

| | | | "revision-id" = <00000000>

| | | | "IOName" = "pci1002,4383"

| | | | "IOPCIResourced" = Yes

| | | | "subsystem-vendor-id" = <4d140000

| | | | "Power Management private data" = "{ this object = 02d0d680, interested driver = 02d0d680, driverDesire

= 0, deviceDesire = 0, ourDesiredPowerState = 2, previousRequest = 2 }"

| | | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")

| | | | "Power Management protected data" = "{ theNumberOfPowerStates = 3, version 1, power state 0 = { capabili

tyFlags 00000000, outputPowerCharacter 00000000, inputPowerRequirement 00000000, staticPower 0, unbudgetedPower 0, power

ToAttain 0, timeToAttain 0, settleUpTime 0, timeToLower 0, settleDownTime 0, powerDomainBudget 0 }, power state 1 = { ca

pabilityFlags 00000000, outputPowerCharacter 00000400, inputPowerRequirement 00000400, staticPower 0, unbudgetedPower 0,

powerToAttain 0, timeToAttain 0, settleUpTime 0, timeToLower 0, settleDownTime 0, powerDomainBudget 0 }, power state 2

= { capabilityFlags 00000000, outputPowerCharacter 00000002, inputPowerRequirement 00000002, staticPower 0, unbudgetedPo

wer 0, powerToAttain 0, timeToAttain 0, settleUpTime 0, timeToLower 0, settleDownTime 0, powerDomainBudget 0 }, aggressi

veness = 0, myCurrentState = 2, parentsCurrentPowerFlags = 00000002, maxCapability = 2 }"

| | | | "class-code" = <00030400>

| | | | "compatible" = <"pci144d,c511","pci1002,4383","pciclass,040300">

| | | | "assigned-addresses" = <10a2008200000000000000c00000000000400000>

| | | | "subsystem-id" = <11c50000>

| | | | "reg" = <00a200000000000000000000000000000000000010a2000200000000000000000000000000400

00>

| | | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<1000000007000000>)

| | | | }

thanks

its 000 so ideally would want an ALC262_000 driver. but i don't believe this a sound card.

I must be stupid or something. I've tried every single one of these codec dumps, installing them the way I've been directed, and I get the same thing: audio only works after I put the laptop to sleep (which it doesn't "sleep", more like "naps", then wakes back up after a second), audio works but then I get buzzing out of my speakers after about 15-20 seconds of non-use, I've never had headphone output (I don't know how you or anyone else is getting that, BronxBoy) and I can't shut down because AppleHDA causes a kernel panic.

Can anyone please tell me what they think "perfect" or "working" audio is? Is it "working after jumping a few hundred fiery hoops" or "I turn on my computer, Mac OS comes up, I can adjust audio with no problems whatsoever, no buzzing noise happens, etc." If it's the former, fine I'll have to live with that. If it's the latter, then I must be stupid.

Can you smell the frustration?

I must be stupid or something. I've tried every single one of these codec dumps, installing them the way I've been directed, and I get the same thing: audio only works after I put the laptop to sleep (which it doesn't "sleep", more like "naps", then wakes back up after a second), audio works but then I get buzzing out of my speakers after about 15-20 seconds of non-use, I've never had headphone output (I don't know how you or anyone else is getting that, BronxBoy) and I can't shut down because AppleHDA causes a kernel panic.

Can anyone please tell me what they think "perfect" or "working" audio is? Is it "working after jumping a few hundred fiery hoops" or "I turn on my computer, Mac OS comes up, I can adjust audio with no problems whatsoever, no buzzing noise happens, etc." If it's the former, fine I'll have to live with that. If it's the latter, then I must be stupid.

Can you smell the frustration?

:( I'm sorry but that really made me laugh. The good news is Its not you. You must have loaded it correctly or you would get no sound at all. The bad news is I believe you're having the same problem as zikman. I wish I could help you now but honestly all I can tell you is that I'm still researching the problem very vigorously and hopefully will have a solution soon.

For now I can only recommend ideas such as This and ask that you report your findings back to me.

well, am on a Hp Dv 6516tx wiv Intel high Def audio,

the prob is i dont know how to c my Sound card Model or Subsystem ID.

ive tried all ur drivers, none work.

one ALC262_200 while being patched showed that SPDIF OUT DETECTED , al the others showed NOT DETECTED,

but alas no SOUnd from any of them either,

I even tried the AZILA Audio package, n no Sound from any ports ( speakers, headphones..etc

well, i would realy like dis mac to work, as only wireless and Sound are not working on this system.

thks!

BronxBoy,

I'm glad I could make someone laugh with my ranting. :P

Seriously, though, I was looking for any info on the ALC262 and found this URL:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...;Downloads=true

I don't know how good you are at deciphering these schematics, but it looks like you can get the latest audio controller schematic for the ALC262. I don't know if you're interested in helping to decipher this in connection with the my audio problem. Or if you can shed some insight on what I would need to change in AppleHDA to properly map the pins to my audio device...

hello

Ihave a samsung R20 running Kalyway 10.4.10

Sound worked with Azailla patch during install but no headphone support.

Since using HDApatcher my headphones now work but does not mute the internal speaker

Also the fn key combo no longer controls sound but the sound icon on the menu bar works

how would i fix this

If it is not possible to fix how do i remove the patch as ALCinject runs during start up, i have backed a copy of the original azailla kext.

OK after a 3rd reboot fn key sound control is back

windows says my subsystem id is 144dc511 &rev1000

Am i taking these values from correct place

BronxBoy,

I'm glad I could make someone laugh with my ranting. :)

Seriously, though, I was looking for any info on the ALC262 and found this URL:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...;Downloads=true

I don't know how good you are at deciphering these schematics, but it looks like you can get the latest audio controller schematic for the ALC262. I don't know if you're interested in helping to decipher this in connection with the my audio problem. Or if you can shed some insight on what I would need to change in AppleHDA to properly map the pins to my audio device...

Been there done that.. Its really a matter of figuring out what numbers to assign the pins. all of you who are having problems are all having the same problem. if you can find any driver that makes sound work let me know. later I'm going to post a bunch of drivers that typically enable sound on this chip. pleas try them all. "Again" the goal is to just find any driver that gives you sound from the internal speakers and report back to me.

Ok now that i see this topic is still active...

I have the same problem A few of thease dudes above are having.

I get the audio out and internel laptop speakers working but....Both of them have output at the same time :blink:

So it like not having headphones at all.

I have tried all of your Kexts/txt's etc and none I MEAN NONE! of them have worked right for me .

If you can give me a tip of what i can do.. PLEASE Post that tip.

I am also welcome to helping the devolpment of Driver that solves my problem.

System Specs:

Sony VGN-NR180E<<<almost all working .

Ram 4 gbs 667mgz ddr2 <<working

Hdd: 1x200 GB 5400 Rpm <<working

Graphics: Intel x3100 Fully Working at all res. <<Working

Darwin EFI Boot with real Kexts and real Kernel. <<<working

Os:Leopard 10.5.1 With kalyway Update to 10.5.2 <<WORKING and sleep<<working

Touch Pad <<working with BronxBoy Driver.

Sound:

ALC262_800

internal speakers= yes

headphones=yes Play Music With Internel Spakers at same time .

digital out= n/a

Mic= Not tested

Attatched Is my Linux Codec Dump>....

http://nick123.pastebin.com/f5a529b3b

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

måç ƒor l¥ƒ

Thanks...

Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you functioning ALC262 drivers with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Update: Choose the appropriate ALC262_XXX.txt file by matching it up to the last 3 digits of your Subsystem ID, Install it using Taruga's patcher :) by dragging & dropping the ALC262_XXX.txt file onto the patcher, rebooting and checking to see if your mic, speakers and headphones are working. If they are you can stop here :D but if the Mic is still not working then download the appropriate 262_XXX.zip file, extract it and perform the following steps.

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/

2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (if you find it) if not its okay. now do the same to the file called AppleHDA.kext.

3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.

4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"

5th. sudo -s "enter"

6th. Put your password "enter"

7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"

8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"

9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"

10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"

11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"

12th. now brows to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext. (leopard users will only need to delete Extensions.mkext.)

13th. (for leopard users only!) open disk utility and repair permissions.

14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

I hope this works for you. I offer no promises of any kind so if it blows up your computer don't try to sue me (That’s what you get for running OSX on a PC).

Ps. I realize every chip is not listed such as my chip (ALC262_600). But since all the files work just fine for me I choose to use the ALC262_F00 driver because I find it to be the best sounding driver for my system.

Hello Bronxboy,

is it possible to fix conexant HD audio issues, like mic in, phones out. You see, conexant works with Azalia.kext, output and speakers though. When i read thoroughly Tarugas and yours forums posts, i changed over 20 of Apple HD kexts and ALC, and still no sound whatsover. I upload you a pic of Audio system sumary from Vista's device configuration tool. Hope we can get thru, i gues i need ac97 driver, and besides the modem driver must be also installed, cause it activates the mic and line out. I read in conexant tech.data these audio chips are integrated with modem and one without other doesn't work... So how we can begin?post-184902-1206104561_thumb.jpg Thank you for your attention

I experienced some problems with the shut down function and the AppleHDA.kext. My experiences are as following:

1) No AppleHDA.kext and AlcInject.kext installed - shut down works fine

2) AppleHDA.kext and AlcInject.kext from this thread installed - sound works fine but no shut down and power off anymore

3) AppleHDAPatcher 1.20 and dump from this thread - sound works fine but no shut down and power off anymore

4) AppleHDAPatcher 1.18 and dump from this thread - shut down works fine again but no sound anymore

Hmm... Any suggestions, ideas, whatever???

Om, really nice work. Do you have 590? I need its dump... :( thx

Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you functioning ALC262 drivers with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Update: Choose the appropriate ALC262_XXX.txt file by matching it up to the last 3 digits of your Subsystem ID, Install it using Taruga's patcher :) by dragging & dropping the ALC262_XXX.txt file onto the patcher, rebooting and checking to see if your mic, speakers and headphones are working. If they are you can stop here :smoke: but if the Mic is still not working then download the appropriate 262_XXX.zip file, extract it and perform the following steps.

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/

2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (if you find it) if not its okay. now do the same to the file called AppleHDA.kext.

3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.

4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"

5th. sudo -s "enter"

6th. Put your password "enter"

7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"

8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"

9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"

10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"

11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"

12th. now brows to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext. (leopard users will only need to delete Extensions.mkext.)

13th. (for leopard users only!) open disk utility and repair permissions.

14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

I hope this works for you. I offer no promises of any kind so if it blows up your computer don't try to sue me (That’s what you get for running OSX on a PC).

Ps. I realize every chip is not listed such as my chip (ALC262_600). But since all the files work just fine for me I choose to use the ALC262_F00 driver because I find it to be the best sounding driver for my system.

I have a Toshiba Tecra M9 with the following ID in codec#1

Codec: Generic 11c1 Si3054

Address: 1

Vendor Id: 0x11c11040

Subsystem Id: 0x11790001

Revision Id: 0x100200

How can I make the sound work ? Please help. I am running 10.5.2 with ToH's 9.1.0 Kernel. I tried to run my codec#0 dump with the AppleHDAPatcherv1.18 and it say everything patch successfully. After reboot, I still don't see anything on the Sound option.

Thanks.

codec0_dump.txt

Hi, bronxboyXXX, Apprieciate all ur efforts, u bring us luck :huh:

but

My ALC262 Sub ID is out of ur modified kext list... Mine was 0x17ff0590, it means that's an ALC262_590 ?

Could u plz give me any tips or a modified kext about that, i have upload it here... Actually, the dump text (i dump it using a unbuntu7.10 live CD) make me crazy...

ALC262_590_codec_dump.txt.zip

My ALC262 was work with AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

internal speakers= yes

headphones= yes (using the same channel with internal speakers, the real headphone is unavailable)

post-107190-1207025552_thumb.png

digital out= not tested

Mic= unavailable

post-107190-1207025563_thumb.png

Thanks a lot !!!

Hey bronxboyXXX and everyone else.

First thing is a big thanks for all the work thats gone into this.

But I have fallen even before the first hurdle. Im having trouble identifying which sound card I have.

Anyone give me any advice? Thanks.

PS. I have a vaio Fe11h

Thanks MK.Lim.

Everest tells me I have:

SigmaTel STAC9225 / CXD9872RD/K @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0] PCI

I also found the Vendor id is 8384, and dives id is 7661, which is similar to Kamil666's.

I noticed Kamil666 had problems, with multi sound cards ect. but I couldnt tell from reading how this was resolved.

If someone could let me know, I would be very greatful, thanks :P

Hi bronxboyXXX,

I found this site while trying to get my ALC262 sound to work. Not sure if it would help but I've attached my codec graph using a tool from this site http://hellabs.org/codecgraph/. Hope that this would be useful for anyone still having issue with their ALC262 sound card like mine.

I have attached the codec_dump from /proc/asound/card#0/codec#0 and the codec graph that it generate.

Thanks.

codec_dump.txt

codec0.png.gz

hi ,i'm from china,my english not well, my computer is LENOVO F41M, i use you take the sound card 262 driver(all) but not work, if i want the speaker working... i must sleepping and wake it .. i don't know why..... my annex is the dump the 262 text can you help me...

codec.txt

Hello all!

Strange problem here, but I'm very very close.

I've got on my laptop realtek alc262.

When I put my dump into AppleHDAPatcher 1.20 after reboot I've got no sound, but when I then remove AppleHDA.kext and replace it with this which I found in tarugas topic for benq i get sound. And it works fine (excluding microphone which is not shown) even auto switch between internal/external speakers, but the problem is when i reboot. Then i get only sound in internal speakers (spdif is removed) and microphone appears (which actually doesn't work). So i think its something with ALCinject. I attach my dump and AppleHDA.kext which works till restart.

codec_dump.txt

Archive.zip

According to the subsys id I have an alc262_500 but all that gives me is sound on the internal speakers and the headphones at the same time if I choose internal, and nothing at all if I choose headphones.

I have tried all the other codecs and they all give me pretty much the same problems.

How do I create a linux dump to run with the patcher? I have linux installed already and sound works fine on that.